Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

How Are We Superior To Angels? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Are We Superior To Angels? (709 Views)

Sango Is Superior To The Christian God (jehovah) / God And His Angels. / Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Are We Superior To Angels? by sarmy(m): 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2009
How are we superior to Angels if they are meant to serve us? are they not living a better life

Psalm 8:3-5
3When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

4What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

5For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. It seems out fault is in our making

Ratio of men crowned in glory and honour from creation till date?? very low, I think

I need help here fellow brothers, if heaven is made with gold, we deserve a better world than this
Re: How Are We Superior To Angels? by Recognise: 12:12am On Oct 22, 2009
Sarmy:

How are we superior to Angels if they are meant to serve us? Are they not living a better life

Psalm 8:3-5

3When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

4What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

5For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.  It seems out fault is in our making

Ratio of men crowned in glory and honour from creation till date?? Very low, I think

I need help here fellow brothers,

If heaven is made with gold, we deserve a better world than this

@Sarmy

- Sarmy

"How are we superior to Angels if they are meant to serve us? Are they not living a better life" you asked

Incidentally we did had a better life in the beginning but it got frittered away

Oh yeah, you're absolutely right brother, we were at fault in our making and turn out

The world was meant to be our oyster but before setting foot out of the garden, we got stitched up and hung for dry.

More to the point, am hoping you are aware that Psalm 8:4-5 is making reference to Yeshua and not man (i.e. human beings)

"If heaven is made with gold, we deserve a better world than this" you remarked

Gold is worthless in heaven. For crying out loud, the sidewalks in heaven are made of gold Joke

We are cognizant of the fact that, this side of existence (i.e. time) is remotely miniscule compared with eternity (i.e. endless time).

Importantly, scriptures such as 1 Corinthians 2:9; quoted below is encouraging, makes us persevere and keeps us going on . . .

1 Corinthians 2:9 Contemporary English Version (CEV):

But it is just as the Scriptures say,

"What God has planned for people who love him

is more than eyes have seen or ears have heard.

It has never even entered our minds!"

Remember angels are ministering spirits, the first man Adam was made a living soul whereas the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

From living soul to a quickening spirit? Whao, I think that's a better deal if you ask me.
Re: How Are We Superior To Angels? by Nobody: 1:06am On Oct 22, 2009
We are by far superior to angels.Gen 1,we were created in Gods image.jesus had called us god becos we are children of God.We are going to judge the angels Revelations.Rem angels are spirit&not human in nature.Satan was also an angel of God before he was chased out of heaven.So we are superior to angels

(1) (Reply)

Enough Of The "chris"icism(stop Dissing God's Servants) / Publicly "Obama Needs To Take An Oath Of Honesty"? / Say A Word Of Prayer For Those Chilian Miners Trapped 3,600fts In The Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.