Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Say A Word Of Prayer For Those Chilian Miners Trapped 3,600fts In The Earth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Say A Word Of Prayer For Those Chilian Miners Trapped 3,600fts In The Earth (711 Views)

Say A Prayer For Yourself And The Poster Above You / Say A New Year Prayer For The Poster Above You! / Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say A Word Of Prayer For Those Chilian Miners Trapped 3,600fts In The Earth by newmi(m): 5:17pm On Aug 29, 2010
l wish to send this invitation to all well meaning christians and all those who are particularly touched by the sufferings of the children who have been left homesless as a result of the floods in pakistan.

Also as christians can we kindly channel our energies to say a word of prayer for those miners in chile who are trapped about 3,600fts in the earth. According to news sources it will take months to get to them, they have all grown dihydrated since the incident months ago.

for as many that are touched by this appeal, lets pray. Thank you
Re: Say A Word Of Prayer For Those Chilian Miners Trapped 3,600fts In The Earth by LagosBobo1(m): 7:39pm On Aug 29, 2010
That's a very good idea. Thanks for opening this thread
Re: Say A Word Of Prayer For Those Chilian Miners Trapped 3,600fts In The Earth by newmi(m): 9:33pm On Aug 29, 2010
Thanks, as we pray for them, our prayer is that in moments like these let their hearts be drawn morethan ever to their need for God and total dependence on His will.

proverbs 31:9
Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.
Job 29:12
12 Because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him.

psalm 72:12
For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper.

proverbs 21:13
ΒΆ Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard.

As you pray am saying a very big amen!!!
Re: Say A Word Of Prayer For Those Chilian Miners Trapped 3,600fts In The Earth by Chuksxp: 1:46am On Aug 31, 2010
Thanks for the thread. In the past few days I've also been touched by these two events. And you just encouraged me to pray even more for these people in Pakistan and Chile. I pray that God will be with them even in the midst of the storm, that they will come out praising the name of The Lord.

God bless.
Re: Say A Word Of Prayer For Those Chilian Miners Trapped 3,600fts In The Earth by newmi(m): 9:08pm On Aug 31, 2010
Chuksxp:

Thanks for the thread. In the past few days I've also been touched by these two events. And you just encouraged me to pray even more for these people in Pakistan and Chile. I pray that God will be with them even in the midst of the storm, that they will come out praising the name of The Lord.

God bless.

tanx brother, l feel a sense of fulfilment hearing those words form you and good news is coming from chile with the minners sending their second video tape and made voice calls to their loved once though very short.

l say a very big AMEN ! !
Re: Say A Word Of Prayer For Those Chilian Miners Trapped 3,600fts In The Earth by VALIDATOR: 4:14pm On Sep 01, 2010
Just wandering why prayers didn't prevent the disasters from happening and why prayers can't get them out without the engineers digging another hole to get them out.
Re: Say A Word Of Prayer For Those Chilian Miners Trapped 3,600fts In The Earth by newmi(m): 10:37pm On Sep 02, 2010
VALIDATOR:

Just wandering why prayers didn't prevent the disasters from happening and why prayers can't get them out without the engineers digging another hole to get them out.

permit to sound this way; when you finish wandering, please ensure to fine your way.
Why didn't prayer prevent it, question: did you pray?

secondly, it is childish to ask a question of ", why can't prayers get them out without the engineers digging another hole to get them out, " nonetheless, though we can't do anything about what has happenned, we can do somuch about what is happenning.

the engineers need an inspirational idea now and they're grtting it though it would take a little time to get to them but for the most part if what our prayers is doing is to keep those men believing and full of hope well then its working because their responses in recent times has been encouraging and we heard that for the very first time, warm meals were dropped down to them and most of them have started regainning their fitness.

For God sake, these men our about 3,600fts in the heart of the earth, this no time to asked such questions or to wander.
Re: Say A Word Of Prayer For Those Chilian Miners Trapped 3,600fts In The Earth by VALIDATOR: 8:12am On Sep 03, 2010
^^^
I bet it's not prayers that got the food,materials,phones and video to them after getting trapped. It's technology. It is good to believe in God or higher powers for hope but it is appalling when you become unreasonable and prefer lazy faith to real faith. Nigerians always thinking prayer is the solution to everything. That is why your pastors and G.O's are so rich because of your gullibility.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Witchcraft? (45% Said Yes In Nigeria) / Is There Any Bible Ground Whereby A Man Can Divorce His Wife And Mary Another? / The Popular Rapture Lies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.