Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,832 members, 7,831,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad (23824 Views)

Dollar Scarcity Stops Capital Repatriation By Investors / Senate Asks CBN To Suspend ATM Card Maintenance Charges / Naira Faces Further Decline On Continued Dollar Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by obidevine(m): 9:12am On Oct 17, 2016
For all my people in the diaspora, please check my signature
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by herda: 9:26am On Oct 17, 2016
Kaydeexotic:

Your bank account is your agent location... You'll receive your money directly into your bank account in maximum of ten minutes.. ..im not sure if you can send out of the country through them for now but I'll help you guys work on the available and reliable ones
OK
Thanks, please kindly do
I really need means of sending money outside Nigeria, Ghana precisely, it's very urgent
Hoping to hear from u soon
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by WebclickNG: 9:29am On Oct 17, 2016
The Nigeria Recession Survival Group is a Facebook support group to help individuals and small business owners to survive the current recession in Nigeria. Join us now @ https://www./NigeriaRecessionSurvival/
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by SweetJoystick(m): 9:38am On Oct 17, 2016
CSNg:
Adeosun, Emefiele, the CBN, Nigerian Banks, The FG and even Nigeria as a whole can GO TO HELL!

Who needs an ATM card by a Nigerian Bank abroad when i got my Payoneer Card?

Thank God for Payoneer!
Was your card shipped down to you in Nigeria or you are based overseas? Also, how do you fund the account for one who wants to use it to make payments and not receive payments
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by angelroz: 10:02am On Oct 17, 2016
CSNg:
Adeosun, Emefiele, the CBN, Nigerian Banks, The FG and even Nigeria as a whole can GO TO HELL!

Who needs an ATM card by a Nigerian Bank abroad when i got my Payoneer Card?

Thank God for Payoneer!

what's payoneer?
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 17, 2016
UkwuNnu:

Not true, I used it just two weeks ago.
Oga it has stopped working since July and I kow Cos I school in Ghana and I use a GTB mastercard and it has stopped working since and eCo bank just stopped theirs last week Friday.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by rusher14: 10:22am On Oct 17, 2016
Make dollars spend naira not the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by DonCortino: 10:23am On Oct 17, 2016
sunboy:

Whatever amount you withdraw outside the country for instance $50 on your MasterCard. You bank pays $50 to MasterCard for the money you have withdrawn, then master card pay the ATM machine owner.

Now they mean there is not dollar to settle those kinds of payments/transactions again. So they kukuma cancel it.

Ok! Thanks for the breakdown. smiley
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by legendary11(m): 10:43am On Oct 17, 2016
Kaydeexotic:
Team payoneer all the way
pls., how do you fund it?
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by MrCEO69(m): 10:43am On Oct 17, 2016
DannyJ19:
ohk.....all those guy abroad wud be stranded abi....

It been in action for long, ecobank was the last to stop their just on 13th of Oct. We are officially block from Nigeria. Well there are other means, some nigerian business men are helping in the transfer of money, u pay into their nigerian acct dey pay u here. Using the black market rate. Some dnt charge student.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by MrCEO69(m): 10:49am On Oct 17, 2016
dumo1:

Oga it has stopped working since July and I kow Cos I school in Ghana and I use a GTB mastercard and it has stopped working since and eCo bank just stopped theirs last week Friday.

which school?

herda:

OK
Thanks, please kindly do
I really need means of sending money outside Nigeria, Ghana precisely, it's very urgent
Hoping to hear from u soon

You can use some business owes who has business also in Nigeria. U pay into their acct in Nigeria and they pay u here in cedi or naira. If u are a student sm dnt charge.

Acct name: FOCAP VENTURES LTD ecobank: 226200445
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by Kaydeexotic(m): 10:52am On Oct 17, 2016
legendary11:

Pm me bro. Its a long explanation..
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 17, 2016
MrCEO69:

which school?

You can use some business owes who has business also in Nigeria. U pay into their acct in Nigeria and they pay u here in cedi or naira. If u are a student sm dnt charge.

Acct name: FOCAP VENTURES LTD ecobank: 226200445
university of capecoast
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by legendary11(m): 11:03am On Oct 17, 2016
Kaydeexotic:
Pm me bro. Its a long explanation..
I'll....... Thanks.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by MrCEO69(m): 11:18am On Oct 17, 2016
dumo1:

university of capecoast
ok.
Do u pay ur fees as a foreign student or as a ghanain?

Bank now ask u for dollar b4 they can do Form A. My fee use to be 250K now i will v to pay close e to 800k for same ($1400). God v mercy.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 17, 2016
MrCEO69:

ok.
Do u pay ur fees as a foreign student or as a ghanain?

Bank now ask u for dollar b4 they can do Form A. My fee use to be 250K now i will v to pay close e to 800k for same ($1400). God v mercy.
Foreign and with the way things are going in nigeria I don't think I am going to be able to complete. Nigeria is a cursed nation and I regret being one. They are just making things financially difficult for everyone.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by megamindmaster(m): 12:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
legendary11:

You don't fund payoneer, you earn into it, or buy dollars into it too...
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by megamindmaster(m): 12:03pm On Oct 17, 2016
SweetJoystick:

Was your card shipped down to you in Nigeria or you are based overseas? Also, how do you fund the account for one who wants to use it to make payments and not receive payments

You can get a payoneer card shipped to you wherever you are in the world. As for funding, you can't fund payoneer with naira from here. You get paid in dollars to the payoneer account, then you can sell to get naira equivalent. For you to get paid, you must have done something too... wink
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by obidevine(m): 12:10pm On Oct 17, 2016
A lot of businesses have folded up
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by Reach87(m): 12:30pm On Oct 17, 2016
MY friends if u want to continue to make ur international online transaction and buy goods regardless of naira card not working again for international use.u should sign up for BITCOIN because bitcoin is the latest means now
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by neoG(f): 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2016
HeavenlyBang:

What ignorant garbage is this? Bitcoin is just another currency, however the hell is it 'recession-proof'? Are saying that #200 in 2014 and #200 now will buy you the same amount of bitcoin? Do you want to be unfortunate in life?
The bitcoin guy is seeing the future and you are seeing the now. I just dey laugh. He knows what he is saying. Just tell him to show you the way.
I fit show you way if you want.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by neoG(f): 1:03pm On Oct 17, 2016
saywhaat:
I was referring to Nigerian recession. Don't be quick to jump to conclusion. Anyone knows bitcoin value can fall but for now it keeps rising and is still in high demand.
They are not seeing the future yet. Team Bitcoin
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by celestialAgent(m): 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
tdayof:
ATM-Blocked
money gram - Working rate and possibility to send 10%
Western Union - very high exchange rate and really difficult to find a bank willing to send.

Everything is just messed up. angry
I feel ur pain bro!

I suggest you make the business session your friend. There will you see people willing to sell hard currencies to you at a price cheaper than black market.

holyboss
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by ryanfci: 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
Good afternoon Nairalanders,

With the lack of Dollars going around there is a great chance for us at FCI to help out where we can.

We are an FX broker in London, and we are the only FX provider that can sell your Naira into USD due to our relationship with Standard Charter Bank.

The entire process is free, and accounts must be opened through our FCA regulated compliance team to transact between accounts.

ryan.williams@fci-ltd.co.uk is my contact address for any enquiries, and I look forward to hearing from you business/non-resident account holders to start the process.

Kind regards,
Ryan
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by fredwilliam(m): 1:48pm On Oct 17, 2016
Do you want to send money outside country? I can do that for you very easy and save. i l stays in europe and am from Nigeria, with my foreign Account I can send money to any where round the world. all you have to do is pay in Naira in my Naira Account and I will use my foreign Account to pay the person you want me to pay. very easy, save, garanted, economic and very reliable for your business. (fredwilliamcurso@gmail.com or +34698250275).
tdayof:
ATM-Blocked
money gram - Working rate and possibility to send 10%
Western Union - very high exchange rate and really difficult to find a bank willing to send.

Everything is just messed up. angry

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by fredwilliam(m): 1:50pm On Oct 17, 2016
Do you want to send money outside country? I can do that for you very easy and save. i l stays in europe and am from Nigeria, with my foreign Account I can send money to any where round the world. all you have to do is pay in Naira in my Naira Account and I will use my foreign Account to pay the person you want me to pay. very easy, save, garanted, economic and very reliable for your business. (fredwilliamcurso@gmail.com or +34698250275).
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by fredwilliam(m): 1:56pm On Oct 17, 2016
Do you want to send money outside country? I can do that for you very easy and save. i l stays in europe and am from Nigeria, with my foreign Account I can send money to any where round the world. all you have to do is pay in Naira in my Naira Account and I will use my foreign Account to pay the person you want me to pay. very easy, save, garanted, economic and very reliable for your business.I can even open a foriegn account for you if you want. (fredwilliamcurso@gmail.com or +34698250275).
chukzyblingz:
My Diamond ATM has not been working abroad since last year. I am in Nigeria right now and was planning to find out which bank's ATM works abroad, and this? Which way Nigeria? I think the best thing is to close all my Nigerian accounts
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by fredwilliam(m): 2:01pm On Oct 17, 2016
Do you want to send money outside country or pay for your application? I can do that for you very easy and save. i l stays in europe and am from Nigeria, with my foreign Account I can send money to any where round the world. all you have to do is pay in Naira in my Naira Account and I will use my foreign Account to pay the person you want me to pay. very easy, save, garanted, economic and very reliable for your business. (fredwilliamcurso@gmail.com or +34698250275).
martineverest:
u mean i cant pay for application fee abroad?
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by fredwilliam(m): 2:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
Do you want to send money outside country or fund your skrill account? I can do that for you very easy and save. i l stays in europe and am from Nigeria, with my foreign Account I can send money to any where round the world. all you have to do is pay in Naira in my Naira Account and I will use my foreign Account to pay the person you want me to pay. very easy, save, garanted, economic and very reliable for your business. (fredwilliamcurso@gmail.com or +34698250275).
LieDetector:

But how am I going to fund my skrill and netteller account now?

Buhari sef.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
saywhaat:
I was referring to Nigerian recession. Don't be quick to jump to conclusion. Anyone knows bitcoin value can fall but for now it keeps rising and is still in high demand.

Bitcoin doesn't even convert directly to Naira, so your point is moot. What's with everyone acting as if Bitcoin is some new shiny toy? Bitcoin is literally just another currency. Albeit one with higher demand and as such a rising value.

Trading in bitcoin is no different from trading in dollars, the only issue being that going by trends, the value of your bitcoin will rise much faster than your dollar. People should learn how foreign exchange works before jumping all over the place.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by purity22(f): 2:14pm On Oct 17, 2016
The only person (FELA) I know that can use song to talk to bubu and tell the masses the TRUTH is late. LIE MOHAMMED is not a musician but he is the opposite of FELA shocked shocked shocked cool

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad by jose4shizzle: 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2016
A.P.C - Accrued with all Possible Curse. B.U.H.A.R.I - Before U Hear Am Run Intoto. Our dearest country. Where are we heading to...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! / Fire Outbreak At Old Motor Spare Parts Market, Mgbuka Obosi Anambra State - Pics / Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.