Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks (21938 Views)

My Addictions To Betting, Masturbation, Pepsi Will Soon Kill Me. I'm Sure! / 'Taking Too Much Sugar Or Sugary Drinks Does Not Cause Diabetes' - Doctor Says / Revealed: 5 Easy Ways To Cut An Onions Without Crying…it Works Like Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Petmax: 3:30pm On Oct 17, 2016
The global food giant said on Monday that two-thirds of its single serving drinks will have 100 or fewer calories from added sugar by 2025.

PepsiCo said the change was driven by shifting consumer needs and new dietary guidelines from the World Health Organization.

Many customers have tapered their intake of high-sugar, high-calorie soft drinks from Pepsi and Coca-Cola due to worries about sugar consumption. But at the same time, diet beverages have also been falling out of favor as consumers worry about chemicals in their drinks.

Both Pepsi and Coke have been trying to adapt to changing consumer tastes.

Pepsi announced last year it would stop using the artificial sweetener aspartame due to declining sales and health concerns. Scientific studies have linked artificial sweeteners to obesity and diabetes.

But PepsiCo reintroduced aspartame to some products in September, saying consumers wanted more choices.

Along with its commitment to cut calories in its sugary drinks over the next decade, Pepsi also said it would reduce levels of saturated fat and sodium in the majority of its products.

"The company will continue to refine its food and beverage choices to meet changing consumer needs by reducing added sugars, saturated fat and sodium levels in its product portfolio," Pepsi said in a statement.

SOURCE: http://www.petmaxflame.com/2016/10/pepsi-to-cut-down-sugar-from-its-drinks.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ok..

+ First approach was to introduce "longer throat" - filled with more water (less artificial sweetener aspartame)
+ Second approach was to stop "longer throat" and revert with same price, note with more (less artificial sweetener aspartame)
+ Third approach is to reduce artificial sweetener aspartame completely.Just bottle carbon and water for consumers.

Instead of admitting that the import cost and current market environment is hitting them badly and dont want to increase prices.

Useless business strategy...nonsense approaches

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by olojuede01: 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
cheesy....... Coke is it !!! cheesy grin grin .........

I never liked Pepsi anway ! cool

13 Likes

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Sijo01(f): 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
Because of recession or they've finally realised too much sugar is deadly??.

4 Likes

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by johnstar(m): 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
K

I nor dey even lyk suga b4

#teamAlomo bitters
BabyOku too

13 Likes

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by abokibuhari: 4:05pm On Oct 17, 2016
great news, make i fit penetrate my babe wella grin

1 Like

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by ayobase(m): 4:05pm On Oct 17, 2016
Like cutting down sugar content by 6.3% abi.

That's like from 89.7% to 83.4%.

Still on the high side.

I doubt if it's gonna affect the North if sugar content is being cut down, cos something not (very) sugary/sweet doesn't sell in the North.

5 Likes

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by topcube(m): 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
Before I could finish reading, Association of Space Booker's don take over. Nairalander. I dey hail oh

Back to the topic, Pepsi or their sweeten product has been causing Sp3rm watery

1 Like

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by vicadex07(m): 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
Wetin Consign me....na coke I dey drink cool cool cool cool
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by MiraMatics(f): 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
opps.
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by naijainfogalery: 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
So they should also pay us some compensation for all the sugar they have made us consume tongue . Well before other nairaland member come here and start asking for billions, my own is just 100,000,000 naira chikena

2 Likes

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by MrBONE2(m): 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
How i wish they can use Honeygrin in place of sugar that will be nice.

2 Likes

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by jamesjoel142(m): 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
Nice one. Who are the people that belong to the kitchen, sitting room and other rooms. ??
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by angeltolly(f): 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hope they cut the price while cutting the sugar embarassed
Some people are buying because of the sugar, if they want a sugarless drink... They will buy table water

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by schoolhelpng(m): 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2016
its good...
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by dollaflow(m): 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2016
ok
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by pretty16(f): 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2016
Are they sure it's because of the health reasons? Abi because Sugar has skyrocketed in the market?
Because even bread now is no longer as sweet as before. Abeg make them tell us another story.

2 Likes

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by emmyid(m): 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2016
Who cares...I dont even fancy Pepsi. I wud go for coke anyday, anytime...Pepsi jus b like imitation of coke, and mirinda like imitation of fanta! Why drink a wannabe, wen d original is available!

2 Likes

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Samanza89: 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2016
A good excuse in order to cut cost.

I hear....

Those in the #otherroom Will understand better.. .
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Olachase(m): 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2016
After cutting many people's life short with sugar
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by mlanreh: 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2016
Good move
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2016

sugar uwa mmebi...
emere nke a maka room nke ozooo ka enwe nyere umu nwoke 5 mins aka ...

Na aka nke ozooooo,onwere onye nwere ike ichetara onye isi ala unu ka o ga gbaaa waec banye school maka ako Na uche koro yaaa??

Na aka nke ozo...kedu kaaa sugar ga esi metuta price otu ikoo rice?
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Frank3n2(m): 4:08pm On Oct 17, 2016
They had better cut it..

1 Like

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Frabjous(m): 4:08pm On Oct 17, 2016
abokibuhari:
great news, make i fit penetrate my babe wella grin
Badh guy...
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by orlarbissy(f): 4:08pm On Oct 17, 2016
Alright, just have it in mind that as value depreciate customer also reduces. Shekeina
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Proffdada: 4:08pm On Oct 17, 2016
I'm an addict grin

5 Likes

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by ALAYORMII: 4:08pm On Oct 17, 2016
Make them do abeg
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by MadCow1: 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
Who still drinks Pepsi sef? undecided

Pepsi is the Poor mans Coca Cola..

1 Like

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by phil5(m): 4:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
grin
Sugar too much ,abeg make dem reduce am

1 Share

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by seunlayi(m): 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2016
this is welcomed

1 Like

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Amberon11: 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? / Things You Need To Know About Dentures / Biography Of Prof. Mohammed Nasir Sambo: The New NHIS Boss (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.