Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem (967 Views)

RCCG Asked To Remove Its Building Under A High-Tension In Lagos / 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance / Apostle Johnson Suleman's 2017 Prophecy: "They Will Try To Remove Osinbajo, VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
Seriously?

Just skip the word if it bothers your belief that it has no effect undecided

Anyway. It was an idea that a few scholars peddled during the framing of the new constitution. It failed. This little effort will fail too because of the power that religion wields over the people and the politicians by extent. In Kenya, if a reknown pastor declares that the country needs a national day of repentance and prayers, the president obliges. That is not about to change.

The petition ...

Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by Iamlilsegz(m): 6:32pm On Oct 17, 2016
2nd FTC 2dae...

1 Like

Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
[size=20pt]Don't worry ! Eyes are on him[/size]
[size=1pt][/size]
Hubscroll :: Virgin America takes us into the future of sneakers – pre-installed TV and wifi hotspot
[size=1pt][/size]

1 Like

Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by hopefulLandlord: 6:56pm On Oct 17, 2016
I might not fully agree with this petition

however the OP is displaying hypocrisy IMHO

if that name "God" were "Sango" for instance, Christians would fight tooth and nail till its removed, of course, Sango is God too but I'm sure Christians won't take it lying down

you say they should be skipping it, I'm pretty sure they're doing that already but also want that name removed

its a simple petition for Flying Spaghetti Monster's sake

4 Likes

Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by Mikylopez(f): 7:01pm On Oct 17, 2016
atheists talk about God even more Dan we Christians....cos he doesn't believe he shouldn't expect everyone else to the same he shud go 4k himself

1 Like

Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by ezechueze(m): 7:13pm On Oct 17, 2016
OK
Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

if that name "God" were "Sango" for instance, Christians would fight tooth and nail till its removed, of course, Sango is God too but I'm sure Christians won't take it lying down

you say they should ignore it, I'm pretty sure they're doing that already but also want that name removed

its a simple petition for FSM sake
Very correct, even if it was Allah instead of just God. CAN and co will b|tch till eternity.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by SirShifty: 4:32am On Oct 18, 2016
Why not, a country's national anthem should represent everyone in that country not just the religious

1 Like

Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by Nobody: 4:40am On Oct 18, 2016
SirShifty:
Why not, a country's national anthem should represent everyone in that country not just the religious
This is just a handful of people and this is a culture established ages ago. If we go on like this, we'll end up like the US where praying in schools is forbidden.
Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by SirShifty: 5:00am On Oct 18, 2016
Muafrika2:

This is just a handful of people and this is a culture established ages ago. If we go on like this, we'll end up like the US where praying in schools is forbidden.
Praying in schools in the US is not forbidden, the schools just can't impose a time for prayer or call all students for school prayers. If a group of students gets together to pray they can do so if they want

1 Like

Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by Edenoscar(m): 5:58am On Oct 18, 2016
Muafrika2:

praying in the US is not forbidden you can say its not mandatory if not for lawsuit from atheists and atheists group it wouldnt be so.
US is a religious country but they acknowlegde free speech and freedom of religion,I think God should also be scraped from the nigeria anthem

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by hopefulLandlord: 6:09am On Oct 18, 2016
SirShifty:

Praying in schools in the US is not forbidden, the schools just can't impose a time for prayer or call all students for school prayers. If a group of students gets together to pray they can do so if they want

lol, Muafrika doesn't know what he's saying

it was the "theists" themselves that led to the banning of mandatory school prayers in the US OR Abrahamic religion adherents

Catholics didn't like some schools praying the Protestant way and vice versa

it went even further when a Jew saw her child praying to Christ (for those who don't know Judaism doesn't believe in Jesus like Christians do, they pray straight to Yahweh)

it was the theists that couldn't agree amongst themselves

3 Likes

Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by raphieMontella: 7:16am On Oct 18, 2016
Lennycool:

Very correct, even if it was Allah instead of just God. CAN and co will b|tch till eternity.
its better left as God..
Any country that is multi religious and puts the name of a particular God on its anthem..has signed its will.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by honourhim: 7:26am On Oct 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

you say they should be skipping it, I'm pretty sure they're doing that already but also want that name removed

its a simple petition for Flying Spaghetti Monster's sake

Yes christians will kick against sango because they didnt say Yahweh should be the word there. If they say sango then we will insist on Yahweh.
Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by honourhim: 7:32am On Oct 18, 2016
Lennycool:

You stupidly hate christians. Muslims still use the word "God". Muslim are allowed to use sharia law in Nigeria. You just want to display your hatred which is nonsensical to us.
Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by hopefulLandlord: 7:37am On Oct 18, 2016
honourhim:

Yes christians will kick against sango because they didnt say Yahweh should be the word there. If they say sango then we will insist on Yahweh.

Exactly!!

That is my point

The word "God" unites all theists and atheists are feeling left out

So they wrote a "petition", they didn't burn cars or raze houses or massacre people

Its just a petition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 18, 2016
honourhim:

You stupidly hate christians. Muslims still use the word "God". Muslim are allowed to use sharia law in Nigeria. You just want to display your hatred which is nonsensical to us.
On the contrary I am more critical of islam than Christianity. As the latter is way more open to criticism and logic. Sharia law is barbaric, no sane person should ever support it.
Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 18, 2016
raphieMontella:

its better left as God..
Any country that is multi religious and puts the name of a particular God on its anthem..has signed its will.
Ahh but Allah still means God, if it offends you, you should just ignore it, wasn't that what the OP advised the atheist in Kenya.
Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by honourhim: 8:06am On Oct 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Exactly!!

That is my point

The word "God" unites all theists and atheists are feeling left out

So they wrote a "petition", they didn't burn cars or raze houses or massacre people

Its just a petition

Christians dont engage in violent protest against their faith either.
Atheists are in the minority so they cant even vote out God from the constitution. If they were in the majority like theists they would ve done it so there is no point pretending as if they would ve been more considerate.
Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by raphieMontella: 8:13am On Oct 18, 2016
Lennycool:

Ahh but Allah still means God, if it offends you, you should just ignore it, wasn't that what the OP advised the atheist in Kenya.
i know...but sometimes its just that way..

At least for now and some centuries into the future..
Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by honourhim: 8:19am On Oct 18, 2016
Lennycool:

Chineke is God in Igbo. Oluwa is God in Yoruba. They can equally use any of the two let's see how the Northern Muslims will react.
Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 18, 2016
honourhim:

Chineke is God in Igbo. Oluwa is God in Yoruba. They can equally use any of the two let's see how the Northern Muslims will react.
You're inadvertently proving my point right. The OP advised atheist to ignore the word God in the national anthem if it bothers them. And I said that reasoning was stupid as Christians would not ignore the word Allah I interchanged with God. Why should they not ignore it?
Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by hopefulLandlord: 9:29am On Oct 18, 2016
Lennycool:

You're inadvertently proving my point right. The OP advised atheist to ignore the word God in the national anthem if it bothers them. And I said that reasoning was stupid as Christians would not ignore the word Allah I interchanged with God. Why should they not ignore it?

That guy is actually saying the same thing with us but he is appearing kinda hostile because its coming from us

1 Like

Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 18, 2016
Lennycool:

I would sing it to my own God. Besides, Allah is recognised as one of the many names of God in Swahili language.

Which makes me wonder. How do Nigerian Muslims sing this??

NATIONAL ANTHEM

Arise, O compatriots, Nigeria's call obey
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labor of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom, peace and
unity.

O God of creation, direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace
And justice shall reign.

Read more: National Anthem - Nigeria Anthem Text Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Re: Crazy Atheists Want To Remove "God" From Kenyan Anthem by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 18, 2016
This is a bit hasty.

Kenya and other African countries are still mainly religious countries with high level of intolerance to Atheists.

Removing God from their National Anthem to them........would generate so much internal unrest and probably an atheist witchunt.

Best thing African atheists can do for now is to conserve their energy, focus on bringing education and knowledge to the less developed parts of their countries.

And when they ask, "Which God do you serve?" They should reply "No one. I serve Humanity."

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Cleric 'fingers" Daughter, Forces Her To Rub His Joy Stick At Nights / What Prophet Mohammed(peace Be Upon Him) Said About Jesus! / Pastor Faith Oyedepo Donates Food Items And Relief Materials To Idps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.