Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,118 members, 7,953,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:14 PM

Yaweh Created The Earth In 5 Days And The Rest of The Universe In Just 1 Day - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yaweh Created The Earth In 5 Days And The Rest of The Universe In Just 1 Day (2197 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / You're Yaweh / There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaweh Created The Earth In 5 Days And The Rest of The Universe In Just 1 Day by SirShifty: 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Well that picture represents the perspective of ignorant arrogant atheists who are intransigent about their views of a flat earth because they are afraid that accepting the views of modern Christians could mean they are wrong .

Atheists say we should question everything but they never question atheism .

Oh well
The picture is not from an atheist it is well known that Ancient Hebrews saw the earth from the perspective of a disc, with a firmanent as the circle above the earth, Heaven right above it
Virtually all atheists were once believers, it is questioning which led us to renounce our faith
I stopped being a Christian when i found out the gospels were written by anonymous authors over a full generation after Jesus was dead. Modern day Christians are very different from the early ones, they had no such belief in Jesus' divinity
I am open to any evidence of this God, theists have failed woefully to present any evidence, we must be atheists at this point in time because we have reason to believe in a God.
Re: Yaweh Created The Earth In 5 Days And The Rest of The Universe In Just 1 Day by CoolUsername: 3:22pm On Oct 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

There is no solid proof of macro-evolution bro . We know macro-evolution is a rational assumption . No one saw any ape like being transforming into man .You are only assuming it did .I wonder how you look into the mirror with the belief that the way you share the same ancestry with a creature kept for entertainment in a zoo . Sickening !

There is surfeit evidence of advanced technology during the ancient times .

Man, just stop. If you define macro-evolution honestly, then there's plenty of evidence.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/section5.html#speciations

We know it's possible. So you should provide evidence as to how people had such technology in the B.C. period but nothing like that shows up in recorded history.

I can clearly see that your problem with evolution isn't rational, in your own thread, you told Christians not to accept it because Jesus can't be an evolved ape. You tried to appeal to my pride by questioning how I can believe I share common ancestry with the ape. Our beliefs have no effect on reality.

I'm waiting for your evidence.
Re: Yaweh Created The Earth In 5 Days And The Rest of The Universe In Just 1 Day by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
SirShifty:

The picture is not from an atheist it is well known that Ancient Hebrews saw the earth from the perspective of a disc, with a firmanent as the circle above the earth, Heaven right above it

That's the dome cosmology . There are thousands of rebuttals against the dome cosmology by Christians .

Virtually all atheists were once believers, it is questioning which led us to renounce our faith

And you didn't question atheism ? When you question the existence of the Supreme Being , it is also rational to question the non existence of the Supreme Being this makes you an agnostic .

I stopped being a Christian when i found out the gospels were written by anonymous authors over a full generation after Jesus was dead. Modern day Christians are very different from the early ones, they had no such belief in Jesus' divinity

So you stopped being a Christian because of that ? Wow ! Anyway its your life . The Book of John , Luke and Matthew were not from anonymous writers .

I might be appealing to authority but take a look at this ; there are thousands of bible scholars who are more intelligent and knowledgeable of the foundation of Christianity than you are and are still strong Christians .Why? Because Christianity is more than who wrote the Gospel books . Its all about being in a relationship with God . If you have the knowledge of God , you won't renounce your faith .

Also , the rejection of the divinity of Christ or the Christian concept of God does not mean you are an atheist . You simply lost your faith in a personal God not impugning the existence of the Supreme Being . Is the Supreme Being a personal God ? Does Christianity portray the true nature of the Supreme Being ? That's an entirely different view . That's why there is deism

I am open to any evidence of this God, theists have failed woefully to present any evidence, we must be atheists at this point in time because we have reason to believe in a God.

When you say evidence of God , what kind of evidence do you mean ? What I see as evidence for God is certainly different from what you see as evidence for God .
Re: Yaweh Created The Earth In 5 Days And The Rest of The Universe In Just 1 Day by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
CoolUsername:

Man, just stop. If you define macro-evolution honestly, then there's plenty of evidence.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/section5.html#speciations

We know it's possible. So you should provide evidence as to how people had such technology in the B.C. period but nothing like that shows up in recorded history.

I can clearly see that your problem with evolution isn't rational, in your own thread, you told Christians not to accept it because Jesus can't be an evolved ape. You tried to appeal to my pride by questioning how I can believe I share common ancestry with the ape. Our beliefs have no effect on reality.

I'm waiting for your evidence.

Your source can also serve as evidence for progressive creationism . wink

Just hold on , I'll provide evidence for advanced tech during the ancient times soon .
Re: Yaweh Created The Earth In 5 Days And The Rest of The Universe In Just 1 Day by CoolUsername: 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Your source can also serve as evidence for progressive creationism . wink

Just hold on , I'll provide evidence for advanced tech during the ancient times soon .

Till then, I guess.

1 Like

Re: Yaweh Created The Earth In 5 Days And The Rest of The Universe In Just 1 Day by SirShifty: 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

That's the dome cosmology . There are thousands of rebuttals against the dome cosmology by Christians .

And you didn't question atheism ? When you question the existence of the Supreme Being , it is also rational to question the non existence of the Supreme Being this makes you an agnostic .

So you stopped being a Christian because of that ? Wow ! Anyway its your life . The Book of John , Luke and Matthew were not from anonymous writers .

I might be appealing to authority but take a look at this ; there are thousands of bible scholars who are more intelligent and knowledgeable of the foundation of Christianity than you are and are still strong Christians .Why? Because Christianity is more than who wrote the Gospel books . Its all about being in a relationship with God . If you have the knowledge of God , you won't renounce your faith .

Also , the rejection of the divinity of Christ or the Christian concept of God does not mean you are an atheist . You simply lost your faith in a personal God not impugning the existence of the Supreme Being . Is the Supreme Being a personal God ? Does Christianity portray the true nature of the Supreme Being ? That's an entirely different view . That's why there is deism

When you say evidence of God , what kind of evidence do you mean ? What I see as evidence for God is certainly different from what you see as evidence for God .
Of course Christians will try to dismiss dome cosmology because it would be embarrassing for them in modern times not to, it is common for religious people to reinterpret their scriptures when the scientific knowledge progresses like how the Catholic Church has declared the Adam and Eve story metaphorical
The earliest gospel Mark was by an anonymous author, then how can we trust the other gospel writers who never even met Jesus, they even added stories too like the adulterous woman. I have looked into what Biblical scholars believe on research polls they have very different views from the average Christian take especially on literal truth of the Bible. Most of them say the Exodus story is a myth

Maybe i was not clear enough on that, i was led to believe the gospels were eye witness accounts, then i found out these authors probably never even met the guy, this was a red flag to me i could no longer believe the events happened as they were described.
Of course the authors had the freedom to fabricate Old testament prophecies to fit with their story, they had the advantage of there being little mention of Jesus outside the Bible. Initially, it was a loss in the faith in a Christian God then i read up on the accuracy of the claims in the Bible and reached my conclusion. Being a Christian i naturally denied Evolution by default, once the blinds had been removed i became more open to how empirical data research works. Then i gradually reached the conclusion that there is no God neither is there a need for one to explain our origin

Evidence for God i for there to be demonstration of a suspension in the natural order of things, say an amputee growing back a limb, an eye growing back or a physical manifestation
Re: Yaweh Created The Earth In 5 Days And The Rest of The Universe In Just 1 Day by raphieMontella: 5:51pm On Oct 18, 2016
lordnicklaus:
Having profound and explicit knowledge of Biblical language will help rid nefarious assumptions. The Hebrew word translated as day is "yom" which is also rendered "eon" in a broader sense.
wrong bro..
When ever the word ''yom'' is used with a ''numeral''..it always means a 24 hour day...
Re: Yaweh Created The Earth In 5 Days And The Rest of The Universe In Just 1 Day by raphieMontella: 5:54pm On Oct 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Well that picture represents the perspective of ignorant arrogant atheists who are intransigent about their views of a flat earth because they are afraid that accepting the views of modern Christians could mean they are wrong .

Atheists say we should question everything but they never question atheism .

Oh well
bro..i hope you know of the ----Flat Earth Society,,,christians who base their beliefs on the literal words in the bible...click on any webpage of those set of persons...you'd get that picture...They are the source.
Re: Yaweh Created The Earth In 5 Days And The Rest of The Universe In Just 1 Day by raphieMontella: 5:58pm On Oct 18, 2016
CoolUsername:

Is this what you eschew modern scientific fact for? Your personal theological headcanon?

Your stories are not validated by reality.They aren't even validated by the Bible.Where is the evidence of prehistoric technology?

You reject solid proof of evolution when you can't even give solid proof of the epic fantasy series you've come to with. Sickening!
the bolded blue is one reason i was laughing and didnt want to take his words serious...
The ''red''...distorted reality used to supply fuel to amplify their fantasy!
Re: Yaweh Created The Earth In 5 Days And The Rest of The Universe In Just 1 Day by raphieMontella: 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
SirShifty:

Of course Christians will try to dismiss dome cosmology because it would be embarrassing for them in modern times not to, it is common for religious people to reinterpret their scriptures when the scientific knowledge progresses like how the Catholic Church has declared the Adam and Eve story metaphorical
The earliest gospel Mark was by an anonymous author, then how can we trust the other gospel writers who never even met Jesus, they even added stories too like the adulterous woman.
i have a huge chunk of evidence for this..its everywhere

I have looked into what Biblical scholars believe on research polls they have very different views from the average Christian take especially on literal truth of the Bible. Most of them say the Exodus story is a myth

Maybe i was not clear enough on that, i was led to believe the gospels were eye witness accounts, then i found out these authors probably never even met the guy, this was a red flag to me i could no longer believe the events happened as they were described.
people underestimate the power of rome,the vatican and the catholic church

[b]Of course the authors had the freedom to fabricate Old testament prophecies to fit with their story,[/b]they had the advantage of there being little mention of Jesus outside the Bible. Initially, it was a loss in the faith in a Christian God then i read up on the accuracy of the claims in the Bible and reached my conclusion.
Matthew is a Gold medalist in the bolded

Being a Christian i naturally denied Evolution by default, once the blinds had been removed i became more open to how empirical data research works. Then i gradually reached the conclusion that there is no God neither is there a need for one to explain our origin
no need...we'll get there one day..

Evidence for God i for there to be demonstration of a suspension in the natural order of things, say an amputee growing back a limb, an eye growing back or a physical manifestation
i suspect you de-converted not too long..like you were a christian on this forum before..
Well anyways!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Do A Very Successful WAEC Restitution??! / Port Harcourt Pastor Reportedly Raises Man From The Dead in a Drama ministration / Have You Scrutinized/criticised Your Belief System Or Do You Just Believe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.