Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

The Stupidity Of Celebrating The Chibok Girls Release - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Stupidity Of Celebrating The Chibok Girls Release (823 Views)

The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal / Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source / Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Stupidity Of Celebrating The Chibok Girls Release by drsugar: 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2016
I ask myself how many people have been killed by the ruthless jihadist criminals called boko haram since their inception. Children, pregnant women, innocent men among others in thousands.

Now we are celebrating the release of 21 girls.

Don't these people who have been killed so far deserve just justice?

Who are those behind the funding and organisation of this terror group from the beginning?
Are we not supposed to be talking about how to bring them to final justice.?
Are we not supposed to be talking about how this kind of insurgency must never happen again in our country?
I ask myself who is benefiting from all these TV announcements and celebration of the release of 21.
They are already celebrating the planned release of the next batch.
Who's benefiting from this publicity.?
This is stupidity of a high order.
Good that the girls were released (looks like acting to me though). Let them go home and support as much as possible with brief announcement.
No need of the over hyped publicity to fool people and score cheap political points for the government.

Finally, I still maintain my position that the Nigerian government is a failure (as regards this issue) until they let us know (or find out if they haven't) the people behind this evil and bring them to justice and find a way it doesn't repeat itself in our great nation again.
Nigerians Deserve Better.
God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Stupidity Of Celebrating The Chibok Girls Release by Luckylife(m): 4:03pm On Oct 18, 2016
Well written by a wise concerned true Nigerian . In a sane country where lives are valuable and protected by it government those are the questions civilised and wise citizens must demand from the government immediately . The world weep for the rate of zombies both acclaimed educated and uneducated citizens of Nigeria in this 21st century. I refuse and forbid I or my family to be a zombies in JESUS AMEN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Stupidity Of Celebrating The Chibok Girls Release by Akkotto: 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2016
These are penitent questions that demand answers, Soldiers i mean officers were killed are still being killed we are celebrating 21 girls as if the the government has done the citizens favour by performing her duty. a proverbial baby telling his mother thanking you for feeding me.

1 Like

Re: The Stupidity Of Celebrating The Chibok Girls Release by drsugar: 4:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
The problem is that the public don't know how much power they have. They don't even put pressure on these people to make them answerable. You see watery, copious discussions on social media without substance and you wonder Why Not. "Why not" should they be behaving anyhow. Look at the recent disgraceful behaviours of the house of reps members and you wonder which kind of country we are living in.
Re: The Stupidity Of Celebrating The Chibok Girls Release by khadaffi(m): 5:19pm On Oct 18, 2016
I've rarely even talked on this chibok issue. I just watch and observe. Sometimes I wonder if we Nigerians decide on purpose to behave like fools just to achieve a purpose. Personally I think there were no chibok girls kidnapped in the first place. Yes girls were released but these are just probably girls kidnapped in the past by Boko haram. How can girls who they claim are preparing to write WAEC not be able to speak english. I've stayed with these northern guys for quite some years at Idi-araba lagos and from my observation, most of them that schooled in the north could speak good english, even Buhari himself could speak english when he was at their level of education. While I was in the NYSC camp, I never saw a northerner who did not understand or speak english. Yes they could have the northern intonation but they spoke english. I'm now wondering at what point in time the education degenerated to a level where SS3 student cannot express themselves in english.
Re: The Stupidity Of Celebrating The Chibok Girls Release by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:27pm On Oct 18, 2016
Rubbish! If those were not released you would still continue in your insult on the present government.
Re: The Stupidity Of Celebrating The Chibok Girls Release by drsugar: 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
Rubbish! If those were not released you would still continue in your insult on the present government.

This is not a post in opposition to the government of the day. Just some Nigerians thinking outside mainstream pattern..
Not surprising, only few people think this way.
Re: The Stupidity Of Celebrating The Chibok Girls Release by infohenry(m): 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
drsugar:

I ask myself how many people have been killed by the ruthless jihadist criminals called boko haram since their inception. Children, pregnant women, innocent men among others in thousands.

Now we are celebrating the release of 21 girls.

Don't these people who have been killed so far deserve just justice?

Who are those behind the funding and organisation of this terror group from the beginning?
Are we not supposed to be talking about how to bring them to final justice.?
Are we not supposed to be talking about how this kind of insurgency must never happen again in our country?
I ask myself who is benefiting from all these TV announcements and celebration of the release of 21.
They are already celebrating the planned release of the next batch.
Who's benefiting from this publicity.?
This is stupidity of a high order.
Good that the girls were released (looks like acting to me though). Let them go home and support as much as possible with brief announcement.
No need of the over hyped publicity to fool people and score cheap political points for the government.

Finally, I still maintain my position that the Nigerian government is a failure (as regards this issue) until they let us know (or find out if they haven't) the people behind this evil and bring them to justice and find a way it doesn't repeat itself in our great nation again.
Nigerians Deserve Better.
God bless Nigeria.
Thank you for this, I will never celebrate anything until the sponsors or source of funding of deadly group that has cause nigeria both human and material resource is unveiled by our intelligent community. For the girls they are lucky but many have gone and more will still go because they insurgents are still out there.
Re: The Stupidity Of Celebrating The Chibok Girls Release by PaulIdu: 6:23pm On Oct 18, 2016
My thoughts exactly ..over 80 boy students were killed in Bunyadi yet no one said a word

(1) (Reply)

See The Reason We Are Suffering / Closing Down Lagos/ibadan For Ogun Festival in lagos . December 23 To 25 / PHOTOS: Senators' Wives Visit Toyin Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.