Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Guild To Successful Registration In Abu - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Guild To Successful Registration In Abu (3336 Views)

JAMB 2018: Needs For Successful Registration And Pass UTME With High Score / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam / JAMB 2017: How To Choose Your Institution For A Successful Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guild To Successful Registration In Abu by master1341(m): 6:38am On Oct 19, 2016
GUILD TO SUCCESSFUL REGISTRATION IN ABU ZARIA
We are all eager for the release of the admission but barely do we know the process that lead to successful registration.
I have decided to write this as a guide for those coming in this 2016/17 session to help them with easy registration and to be aware of the up coming challenges they might face during the registration.
Firstly I will advice that for all that wish to stay in the hostel you must do registration very early fully knowing that its the most stressful and competitive.
The reason is that, though ABU has the highest accommodation offered by any university in Nigeria it can only carry barely 33% of her students.
So this is a real competition because everyone has equal right to the same hostel.
WHERE SHOULD I GO FIRST AS A NEW STUDENT?
The moment you drop in school for your admission letter the first place you should ask of is your faculty.
This is where u will be given your admission letter and that is the first step of registration.
In other to collect your admission letter you will have to queue up move from one place to another before they (the security men) will take you to where u can finally get your admission letter.
Before you can get your admission letter you will have to do a manual screening which involves checking your credentials.
The most important credentials there are the 1. Jamb result 2. Waec result 3. Birth cert/ declaration of age 4. Proof of indigen and a scratch card for your o level (new one I was almost denied the admission letter because I gave old one but thank God I was able to go and buy new one )
Before they can give you the admission letter your course combination must match your course of study.
If you succeed in collecting admission letter they will give it to you along with 4 M.I S. Form which you will fill and submit it back letter. One to the senate one to your faculty another to department and you keep one to your self.
Now that you have collected your admission letter THE MAIN KOKO STARTS.
after collecting your admission letter school did not yet recognise you so u can not pay your fees nor can you do any registration
SO WHATS NEXT?
You will take the admission letter to your departmental registration officer to get a unique matric number.
That matric number will be your identity till you graduate from ABU .
After he/she has written the matric number on your admission letter you will do photocopy keeping the original and take the photocopy to the people that will upload your name to the school portal. They will ask you to check after 24hrs. May be more that 24hr or less than that so the moment you give them after about 3hrs just start checking it with your phone.
Try login in to the portal to see if your name will appear.
The user name is the matric number while the password is your state of origin.
The portal is portal.abu.edu.ng .
If you have been uploaded then you will go ahead to generate transaction I.d and do course registration.
(Note before uploading you you can not pay school fees and before paying school fees you can not do course reg and before course reg you can not reserve accommodation).
After passing the stress (queueing up and down) to pay school fees you will them go and register your 100L or for d.e 200L course ( note you just have to be trying all the time because the portal will be going down and up for short time so you have to be fast and smart to beat others and do it fast).
After the course reg you will then reserve accommodation which is N7090. After reserving it you will have to pay within 48hrs if not it will be given to another person. Well after that you can have a second chance. After the second chance no any other chance again oo.
This is the little I can write about registration process
Note: this is not official this just from what I gathered from my experience as an abusite.
Concerning the processing of securing your accommodation after the payment till you get from me again.
Thank you All for your time.
I WISH THIS PIECE OF WRITE UP WILL BE USEFUL TO MANY.
I WISH YOU ALL SUCCESS AND I PRAY YOU ALL GAIN ADMISSION THIS YEAR IN ABU.
WISH TO C YOU SOON SO THAT I WILL PROUDLY CALL YOU JAMBITO AS I WAS MOCKINGLY CALLED.
THANK YOU ONCE MORE.
if there is anything you need to ask feel free call me or whatsapp me
Yours friendly
Engr. Ibrahim
Re: Guild To Successful Registration In Abu by JBoss25(m): 6:52am On Oct 19, 2016
master1341:
We are all eager for the release of the admission but barely do we know the process that lead to successful registration.
I have decided to write this as a guide for those coming in this 2016/17 session to help them with easy registration and to be aware of the up coming challenges they might face during the registration.
Firstly I will advice that for all that wish to stay in the hostel you must do registration very early fully knowing that its the most stressful and competitive.
The reason is that, though ABU has the highest accommodation offered by any university in Nigeria it can only carry barely 33% of her students.
So this is a real competition because everyone has equal right to the same hostel.
The moment you drop in school for your admission letter the first place you should ask of is your faculty.
This is where u will be given your admission letter and that is the first step of registration.
In other to collect your admission letter you will have to queue up move from one place to another before they (the security men) will take you to where u can finally get your admission letter.
Before you can get your admission letter you will have to do a manual screening which involves checking your credentials.
The most important credentials there are the 1. Jamb result 2. Waec result 3. Birth cert/ declaration of age 4. Proof of indigen and a scratch card for your o level (new one I was almost denied the admission letter because I gave old one but thank God I was able to go and buy new one )
Before they can give you the admission letter your course combination must match your course of study.
If you succeed in collecting admission letter they will give it to you along with 4 M.I S. Form which you will fill and submit it back letter. One to the senate one to your faculty another to department and you keep one to your self.
after collecting your admission letter school did not yet recognise you so u can not pay your fees nor can you do any registration
SO WHATS NEXT?
You will take the admission letter to your departmental registration officer to get a unique matric number.
After he/she has written the matric number on your admission letter you will do photocopy keeping the original and take the photocopy to the people that will upload your name to the school portal. They will ask you to check after 24hrs. May be more that 24hr or less than that so the moment you give them after about 3hrs just start checking it with your phone.
If you have been uploaded then you will go ahead to generate transaction I.d and do course registration.
(Note before uploading you you can not pay school fees and before paying school fees you can not do course reg and before course reg you can not reserve accommodation).
After passing the stress (queueing up and down) to pay school fees you will them go and register your 100L or for d.e 200L course ( note you just have to be trying all the time because the portal will be going down and up for short time so you have to be fast and smart to beat others and do it fast).
After the course reg you will then reserve accommodation which is N7090. After reserving it you will have to pay within 48hrs if not it will be given to another person. Well after that you can have a second chance. After the second chance no any other chance again oo.
Note: this is not official this just from what I gathered from my experience as an abusite.
Concerning the processing of securing your accommodation after the payment till you get from me again.
WISH TO C YOU SOON SO THAT I WILL PROUDLY CALL YOU JAMBITO AS I WAS MOCKINGLY CALLED.
THANK YOU ONCE MORE.
Yours friendly
Engr. Ibrahim
when is the admission coming out?
Re: Guild To Successful Registration In Abu by master1341(m): 6:54am On Oct 19, 2016
I don't really know the exact day
Re: Guild To Successful Registration In Abu by master1341(m): 6:55am On Oct 19, 2016
I don't really know the exact day but its probably this week if not then its surely next week.
resumption day Is 23rd and reg stars 24th
Re: Guild To Successful Registration In Abu by Omotayo7(m): 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2016
Thanks so much for the useful information
Re: Guild To Successful Registration In Abu by shakrullah(m): 2:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
master1341:
SO WHATS NEXT?
THANK YOU ONCE MORE.
Yours friendly
Engr. Ibrahim
Hi man. I have been offered admission to study medicine and surgery through DE. Please could you share me a link or explain how i can get the details of school fees and other expenses before i commence my registration which is supposed to start tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

100% Scholarship Available In European University Of Lefke / Is PGDE Certificate At NTI Recognized For The Purpose Of Employment? / NYSC: Six (6) Reasons Why You Should Not Serve In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.