Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,495 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

What Exactly Is Wrong With The President's Statement Which He Made Inn Germany? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Exactly Is Wrong With The President's Statement Which He Made Inn Germany? (526 Views)

Buhari is a sectional leader- Fayose Reacts To World Bank President's statement / What Exactly Are We Restructuring? - Dele Momodu / What Exactly Is Wrong With The President's Statement Which He Made Inn Germany? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Is Wrong With The President's Statement Which He Made Inn Germany? by thaprofit88: 1:45pm On Oct 19, 2016
A few days ago, the President of Nigeria, Muhammad Buhari while addressing the press in Germany about his wife's previous statement said 'My wife belongs in my kitchen, living room, & other room'
Nigerians in their typical manner refused to digest the statement rather they started throwing punches at the President, not only because of their hatred for the president (some of them)but also because some are too educated they have become so illetrate hence every statement must be interpreted in the meaning 'they' have carved out for it.
Let me highlight a few words from the statement to help some of these educated illetrate people whose only strength is in seeing that the President fails in every area.
1. My wife belongs...... Here the President is obviously talking about no other person than HIS wife of 25years under whom she is a graduate, beauty therapist , cosmethologist, author, women rights activists and child rights advocate, and not any other persons wife.
Now for those of us still in our right mind the above dossier abt the first lady doesn't speak of someone confines to the kitchen, living room & other rooms
2. The statement has no gender imbalance as is wrongly being criticized for. He did not say 'Women belong to........ he said my wife belongs to......
Also for the right thinking minds who are married here i believe there are things u also allow and forbid ur wife from doing e.g. the clothes she wears, friends she associates with, etc will u allow any external force dictate to you how u should run ur family? The answer i guess is an emphatic No!
In my own opinion i believe the president did not mean all that he is being accused of in the statement he made. People are always looking for smoke where there's no fire.
In conclusion i believe the President meant something by the statement he made but what he did not mean is what is currently trending in the airwaves.
Lets think before we judge people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With The President's Statement Which He Made Inn Germany? by madridguy(m): 1:46pm On Oct 19, 2016
ok
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With The President's Statement Which He Made Inn Germany? by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
kl
Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With The President's Statement Which He Made Inn Germany? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 19, 2016
Looking forward to the day nigerians will change from this so called bad habit of a thing. Why do will always love using people quote/words as a slag
I see nothing wrong in what Mr president said, he is a military man forget about his current position right now. As an Army officer, there wife is not permitted to work. Most of the so called Officers in Army's wives are full house wife.
So do you now expect the first lady to be running mouth like patience, noooooo.
Nevertheless, she still attend to some issue or meeting that concern her as the first lady.
So what Mr president says is absolutely right cause that where she belongs to since the day they got married. :-XLooking forward to the day nigerians will change from this so called bad habit of a thing. Why do will always love using people quote/words as a slag
I see nothing wrong in what Mr president said, he is a military man forget about his current position right now. As an Army officer, there wife is not permitted to work. Most of the so called Officers in Army's wives are full house wife.
So do you now expect the first lady to be running mouth like patience, noooooo.
Nevertheless, she still attend to some issue or meeting that concern her as the first lady.
So what Mr president says is absolutely right cause that where she belongs to since the day they got married.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Wrong With The President's Statement Which He Made Inn Germany? by Chugavey(m): 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2016
Even if he rapes your mother you'd use your sister to appease him because he's a former military officer as most of them are known to be promiscuous abi?

(1) (Reply)

FG Misses School Feeding Take-off Target / Why Are Some Yoruba Against False. / Ondo 2016: Tension As Ijaw Leaders Give Mimiko 48 Hours Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.