Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,465 members, 7,770,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:56 AM

Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? (11518 Views)

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / 2012-2013 USA DV Lottery Winners / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? by 9iceX(m): 1:49am On Oct 23, 2009
District/County/Province/State,
What am i to fill in their provided box?
Re: Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? by flekan(m): 10:53am On Oct 23, 2009
@Poster

District/County/Province/State, The state your from, (E.g Lagos State),

City Where You Were Born, You are to enter the city you were born and not the state,
Re: Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? by aronyke: 3:19pm On Oct 24, 2009

LAGOS/NIGERIA/LA/LAGOS STATE
Re: Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? by Vicjustice: 5:07pm On Oct 24, 2009
9iceX:

What am i to fill in their provided box?

Don't be confused, though various countries use different words and in various representations, yet, they all mean same thing in this instance.
   Before i give lecture on this subject, it's mostly important to define the meaning and origin of the word Ethnic.
   The word Ethnic derived from the Greek word Ethniko (Εθνικό) which means: NATION.
   Now, the primary meaning of the word STATE represents a Country existing on its own with or without adminidtrative sovereignty. Yet it is rightfully used in Nigeria because there we have various ethnic (national) societies inhabiting different geographically demarcated lands joining together under one country that represents the Niger-area (Nigeria). A similar instance could be referred to that of the United States of America which has 50 countries and Washington joining together as the united states (countries) of America.

Province represents the administrative division or unit of a country. This is the preferred word used especially by countries that have one people whose lands are demarcated by the government for administrative purposes rather than by ethnic or language factors etc. Province is about the same meaning as REGION as commonly used in small countries like Latvia.
   District could be described as a division of territory or a region of locality which is usually a subdivision of a county or a town. This is what some in Nigeria would refer to as "our area".
   And the word County represents the chief administrative divisions of a country or state, as in the UK and Ireland
   @9iceX, take flekan's answer, and fill in the state you are from.

NOTE: As these two words require keen observation and often come under same subject, do not ever mistake or misuse Country for County.

1 Like

Re: Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? by Tegese: 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2009
This is one other person whose post i like reading and gain something from. usually intelectual, informative and educating. i regard people like this who are versatile in many subjects. thanks bro
Re: Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? by flekan(m): 6:59pm On Oct 26, 2009
Vicjustice:

Don't be confused, though various countries use different words and in various representations, yet, they all mean same thing in this instance.
   Before i give lecture on this subject, it's mostly important to define the meaning and origin of the word Ethnic.
   The word Ethnic derived from the Greek word Ethniko (Εθνικό) which means: NATION.
   Now, the primary meaning of the word STATE represents a Country existing on its own but without adminidtrative sovereignty. Yet it is rightfully used in Nigeria because there we have various ethnic (national) societies inhabiting different geographically demarcated lands joining together under one country that represents the Niger-area (Nigeria). A similar instance could be referred to that of the United States of America which has 50 countries and Washington joining together as the united states (countries) of America.

Province represents the administrative division or unit of a country. This is the preferred word used especially by countries that have one people whose lands are demarcated by the government for administrative purposes rather than by ethnic or language factors etc. Province is about the same meaning as REGION as commonly used in small countries like Latvia.
   District could be described as a division of territory or a region of locality which is usually a subdivision of a county or a town. This is what some in Nigeria would refer to as "our area".
   And the word County represents the chief administrative divisions of a country or state, as in the UK and Ireland
   @9iceX, take flekan's answer, and fill in the state you are from.

NOTE: As these two words require keen observation and often come under same subject, do not ever mistake or misuse Country for County.

You said it all bro

(1) (Reply)

Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story) / Nigeria High Commision In London / LASEMA Response Unit Take On The #mannequinchallenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.