Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. (4441 Views)

PETETION TO SEUN: Please Create For Us A Christianity Section / Seun Please Create A Thread For Christians / Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by ifenes(m): 7:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
plaetton:

This is a very very interesting way to look at it.

We atheists always insist that God is a product of the mind.
But in this line of thought , god can Also be said to reside in the mind.
So, what better way to tune in to God, tap into God, than through the mind, the you in you( borrowing from Deepsight) ?

Therefore, beseeching the sky is a futile exercise for those too lazy to think, to explore the inexhaustible resources of the mind, the birthplace and residence of God, the almighty.

Some misinformed and deluded fellows would come here to tell us that God resides in the outskirts of space and time.
How ridiculous! undecided

Exactly. The Mind is God,it resides in us,our true self. False teachings have sort of separated it from us and it thus seem like it's up there in the sky. Meanwhile its always a part of us and only it can help us create a world we prefer. A perfect human has his God-Mind activated.

2 Likes

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by hopefulLandlord: 7:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
These are rituals. I mean that your moral conduct, down to what you think is regulated. Islam has got nothing on Christianity abeg, and I have not heard that Muslims are forbidden from listening to music.

Amal Farrah left Islam because of it

you can check Coldhardtruth's thread for her story
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Ranchhoddas: 7:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

nah, don't compare me with him

the threads I refer people to are not "debunked" unlike the threads he refers people to

that thread explains "atheism and sin" in as clear terms as possible
You have denied the concept of sin. It does not exist to you so how can we move forward when we don't have common ground.

2 Likes

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by DeSepiero(m): 7:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

nah, don't compare me with him

the threads I refer people to are not "debunked" unlike the threads he refers people to

that thread explains "atheism and sin" in as clear terms as possible

Lmao.
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Ranchhoddas: 8:02pm On Oct 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Amal Farrah left Islam because of it

you can check Coldhardtruth's thread for her story
I still have to confirm this. But what about Islamic songs?

1 Like

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by hopefulLandlord: 8:04pm On Oct 20, 2016
ifenes:

Exactly. The Mind is God,it resides in us,our true self. False teachings have sort of separated it from us and it thus seem like it's up there in the sky. Meanwhile its always a part of us and only it can help us create a world we prefer. A perfect human has his God-Mind activated.

there was a video posted by PastorAIO on joseph1013 thread that actually explains how god is what everyone wants him/her/it to be

one point that hits home is that

"God is YOU; that's why a different believer in the same "God" as yours can agree with God's opinion but not yours"

I got the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j8ZMMuu7MU

it also shows why most theists hate us and also don't agree with each other despite serving the same god
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by plaetton: 8:05pm On Oct 20, 2016
ifenes:

Jesus even supposedly revealed that to them when he said " the kingdom of God is WITHIN you ".

The religious fraudsters of the later centuries twisted that statement to read " the kingdom of God is AMONGST you " to perpetuate their control through the institution of the church.

See just how a deliberate mistranslation can turn a simple truth upsidedown ?

By removing the focus from SELF to an extraneous body, the Christians have been robbed of the genuine path to redemption and self- fulfillment, and instead, have been duped into supplicating to empty skies and useless doctrines.

There is no better Anti-Christ than the church of Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by hopefulLandlord: 8:07pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You have denied the concept of sin. It does not exist to you so how can we move forward when we don't have common ground.

we move on by theists desisting from accusing atheists of becoming one because they want to sin

it can be argued that its easier to sin as a theist (especially Christian/Muslim) than an atheist
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Ranchhoddas: 8:11pm On Oct 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

we move on by theists desisting from accusing atheists of becoming one because they want to sin

it can be argued that its easier to sin as a theist (especially Christian/Muslim) than an atheist
I'm all ears/eyes.
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by hopefulLandlord: 8:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I'm all ears/eyes.

did you see the part on that thread which said a religious person can ALWAYS ask for forgiveness for ANY sin?

If all I wanted to do was sin, I’d just claim the title of “Christian” and do it. I mean, atheists are among the most hated groups where I live. So if I wanted to sin, I wouldn’t be an atheist. I’d be one of those liberal Christians so I could still get all the, like, respect a Christian gets, and then I’d “sin” and praise God for forgiving me. Because here’s the deal — in your system (Christians), even if I was a serial killer, if I genuinely asked for forgiveness at any point, God would forgive me. We atheists don’t have that. When we do something that hurts somebody else, we can’t go to a nonexistent God and ask for forgiveness and feel better about it. No. There’s no God; the primary offense wasn’t to God — it was to that person, and we have to make amends with that person, and there are absolutely no take-backsies granted by imaginary friends. So in that way, being an atheist is harder than being a Christian who can just go up to God and ask for forgiveness.
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by PastorAIO: 8:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The miracles are not on the same scale as those in Christianity. I don't know all the dos and donts so Jainism so I can't answer the second question.

And what scale is that exactly? I didn't know that there were scales for measuring impossible deeds. Are you suggesting that there are degrees of impossibility?

So you don't know about Jains but you are ready to conclude that there is no religion as hard to practice as christianity therefore Christianity must be the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Ranchhoddas: 8:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

did you see the part on that thread which said a religious person can ALWAYS ask for forgiveness for ANY sin?

atheists don't have a Skydaddy that they'll pray to for forgiveness and all will be well

there was even a thread opened by a Christian on restitution months back and so many Christians said a Christian shouldn't restitute

Promise10 was one of those

it basically means I can embezzle public funds and pray for forgiveness while spending the loot

and before you counter this, you have to provide a verse which Christians are commanded to restitute or Muslims too (if you know)
I know say na wetin you go talk be this. The Bible is clearly against sinning willfully because of available forgiveness. Anyone doing this is going contrary to God's will (Romans 6:1).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by finalboss(m): 8:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
Seun:
Are you required to pray elaborately five times a day with your head on the floor and your ass in the air while facing a particular direction? Are you required to cover your body from head to toe even on a hot afternoon in the desert? Could you be stoned to death for being raped, or have your hands amputated for petty theft? Are you forbidden from tasting wine or pork or listening to music? If none of the above is true, then maybe the standards of your religion aren't that high?

seun i dunno i just like this your reply... haha

1 Like

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Ranchhoddas: 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
PastorAIO:

And what scale is that exactly? I didn't know that there were scales for measuring impossible deeds. Are you suggesting that there are degrees of impossibility?

So you don't know about Jains but you are ready to conclude that there is no religion as hard to practice as christianity therefore Christianity must be the truth.
Instantaneous and on the spot. (Unless you want to deny or explain them away)

1 Like

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by PastorAIO: 8:40pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Instantaneous and on the spot. (Unless you want to deny or explain them away)

(ii) In Sawaimadhopur, after some time, there came a Nazim named – “Safaruddin”. He was suffering from a serious disease and he was unable to cure from that disease even after a long treatment. When he learned about the miracles of Chamatkarji, he also came there to visit. He decided that if he gets cured from the disease, he will construct umbrellas on all the four corners of the temple. Due to the miracles of Chamatkarji, with in a short period. Nazim Safaruddin became free from that terrible disease and felt healthy. Then according to the decision he constructed attractive artistic umbrellas on all the four corners of the temple, these are still enhancing the beauty of the temple. So many times such miracles have taken place here still today many types of miracles are seen by devotees here. Peoples come here to materialize their desires and to get rid from worldly troubles / problems.
http://jainteerth.com/rajasthan-jain-teerth/shri-digambar-jain-atishaya-kshetra-chamatkarji/

On Shrisangha’s request Acharya Dharmaghoshsuri composed Samudra stotra. Once he recited it at the seashore in Saurashtra and a miracle took place. Suddenly a huge tide brought a huge heap of jewels ashore at the feet of Acharya Dharmaghoshsuri and then receded.
http://ejainism.com/dharmaghoshsuri.html

I hope you are aware and appreciate that I'm not tasking you for basing your belief in a religion on how ridiculously fabulous it's claims are, but merely pointing out to you that you do not have the monopoly on ridiculous fables. And Instantaneous ones at that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by 1990news: 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2016
yeye trend with a yeye OP. Shioooor grin grin grin .
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by ifenes(m): 9:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
plaetton:

Jesus even supposedly revealed that them when he said " the kingdom of God is WITHIN you ".

The religious fraudsters of the later centuries twisted that statement to read " the kingdom of God is AMONGST you " to perpetuate their control through the institution of the church.

See how just how a deliberate mistranslation can turn a simple truth upsidedown ?

By removing the focus from SELF to an extraneous body, the Christians have been robbed of the genuine path to redemption and self- fulfillment, and instead, have been duped into supplicating to empty skies and useless doctrines.

There is no better Anti-Christ than the church of Jesus Christ.

Indeed the organised Christianity is totally Anti-Christ. And all these pastors owning churches are helping to further disintegrate the knowledge of self. It is clearly written in their book " greater is He(The Human Mind)that is in you than he( material world) that is in the world"

When a human developes his mind( gets in tune) with him or herself, they can move mountain and do what physics thinks is impossible. It is also said in that book they read all the time, that what Jesus did, the humans can do better. So why do they worship Jesus when they have the ability in them to do better?

The body of a human is the temple of God( The Mind) not the church buildings.

We could go on and on and school these Christians better than their pastors

3 Likes

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by plaetton: 9:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
ifenes:

Indeed the organised Christianity is totally Anti-Christ. And all these pastors owning churches are helping to further disintegrate the knowledge of self. It is clearly written in their book " greater is He(The Human Mind)that is in you than he( material world) that is in the world"

When a human developes his mind( gets in tune) with him or herself, they can move mountain and do what physics thinks is impossible. It is also said in that book they read all the time, that what Jesus did, the humans can do better. So why do they worship Jesus when they have the ability in them to do better?

The body of a human is the temple of God( The Mind) not the church buildings.

We could go on and on and school these Christians better than their pastors
Yes indeed.

What an irony.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by ifenes(m): 9:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

there was a video posted by PastorAIO on joseph1013 thread that actually explains how god is what everyone wants him/her/it to be

one point that hits home is that

"God is YOU; that's why a different believer in the same "God" as yours can agree with God's opinion but not yours"

I got the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j8ZMMuu7MU

it also shows why most theists hate us and also don't agree with each other despite serving the same god

God is us, all of us are equals. Any teachings that belittles man to a mere worship material or even servants is false.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by raphieMontella: 9:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Even if SOME Christians do this, most do not and you also know that the Bible is clearly against this. (Romans 6:1). So you have to look at what the faith teaches and not what some people are doing.
lol...simple question for you..
Based on christian theology,,if i ask God for forgiveness and accept his son/him on my last hour on earth...will i go to hell or heaven?

The reasoning is deeply fallacious...
Its like saying i'm afraid of hell thats why i dont believe in it..or something..
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Ranchhoddas: 10:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
raphieMontella:

lol...simple question for you..
Based on christian theology,,if i ask God for forgiveness and accept his son/him on my last hour on earth...will i go to hell or heaven?

The reasoning is deeply fallacious...
Its like saying i'm afraid of hell thats why i dont believe in it..or something..
It's an unlikely scenario. But God is not mocked, a man must reap whatever he has sown. I like to think the person would go to Heaven though I'm not exactly sure....... Denial is a primitive ego defence mechanism that usually kicks in when we are confronted with unpleasant realities. This is science, so it's not necessarily fallacious. Another defence mechanism is indignation; an expression of outrage at what is perceived to be the injustice of eternal punishment for finite offence.

2 Likes

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by raphieMontella: 11:00pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
It's an unlikely scenario. But God is not mocked, a man must reap whatever he has sown. I like to think the person would go to Heaven though I'm not exactly sure....... Denial is a primitive ego defence mechanism that usually kicks in when we are confronted with unpleasant realities. This is science, so it's not necessarily fallacious. Another defence mechanism is indignation; an expression of outrage at what is perceived to be the injustice of eternal punishment for finite offence.
its a simple question i asked..
And i do not want your personal ''thought''..
I need not remind you of cases of unending grace in the bible and unmerited grace....
So if a person asks sincerely on his death bed...
Will he enter heaven or hell?
A straight forward answer is all i need

Denial is a primitive ego defence mechanism that usually kicks in when we are confronted with unpleasant realities. This is science, so it's not necessarily fallacious. Another defence mechanism is indignation; an expression of outrage at what is perceived to be the injustice of eternal punishment for finite offence
the bolded....really fallacious..
So if in a comic book..the villian defeats a hero..and people say..it shouldnt be so...then they are afraid of the villian?/expressing outrage ?
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Ranchhoddas: 11:25pm On Oct 20, 2016
raphieMontella:

its a simple question i asked..
And i do not want your personal ''thought''..
I need not remind you of cases of unending grace in the bible and unmerited grace....
So if a person asks sincerely on his death bed...
Will he enter heaven or hell?
A straight forward answer is all i need

the bolded....really fallacious..
So if in a comic book..the villian defeats a hero..and people say..it shouldnt be so...then they are afraid of the villian?/expressing outrage ?
I am wary of giving untrue answers, so I express my thoughts when I am not sure of something.
What if the comic story is a re-enactment of a true life story, will the people still be right to say it's not supposed to be so?
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by analice107: 12:37am On Oct 21, 2016
Seun:
Are you required to pray elaborately five times a day with your head on the floor and your ass in the air while facing a particular direction? Are you required to cover your body from head to toe even on a hot afternoon in the desert? Could you be stoned to death for being raped, or have your hands amputated for petty theft? Are you forbidden from tasting wine or pork or listening to any music that uses instruments? If none of the above is true, then maybe the standards of your religion aren't that high?
The difference between what you listed here in Islam and Christianity is that, Islam is a watch dog to see who defaults, but Christianity gives you power to do it, but allows you to put that power under control and walk away.

Power under control, IS THE WORD. Christianity is working on yourself with no one watching over you. Its you and your God. My pastor can not send me out of the Church for dressing inappropriately, but a Muslima is roasting inside a thick black cloth because if she doesn't, her very father can call out for her execution.

In Christianity, God judges and executes you, when you refrain from repenting (as a enough room is given to you to). While in Islam, men judges and executes you without a second chance at repentance. Besides, folks get wrongly accused and executed by fellow men.

They is no willing obedience in Islam, Its forced.

Any obedience without any room to disobey, is not complete, and partial obedience is not obedience.

Islam has got nothing on Christianity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by hopefulLandlord: 1:16am On Oct 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I know say na wetin you go talk be this. The Bible is clearly against sinning willfully because of available forgiveness. Anyone doing this is going contrary to God's will (Romans 6:1).

you misunderstood me bro

I'm not talking wilful sinning here

I'm talking sinning alone

even devoted christians fall once in a while
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Ranchhoddas: 1:37am On Oct 21, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

you misunderstood me bro

None is perfect. Becoming like Christ is the goal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by will2lead(m): 1:42am On Oct 21, 2016
I simply want to appeal to both parties here to do themselves a favour and get to watch these movies carefully "Gods not dead 1&2" and thereafter you can come back here and tell us where you still stand. Its that simple a plea. Thanks all

1 Like

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by hopefulLandlord: 1:43am On Oct 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
None is perfect. Becoming like Christ is the goal.

exactly! it makes no sense to leave Christianity because you can't attain that perfection, even those we revere in Christianity fall once in a while

so saying atheists leave Christianity because they want to sin is pure hogwash

I'm not really denying that there might be atheists that do but I'm sure going by my online and physical experiences of atheists its very negligible
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by GRIMMJOE(m): 2:48am On Oct 21, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

you misunderstood me bro

@ Bolded,then what makes Christian think they'll make heaven,when the trumpet sound suddenly

imagine one that has gone through a lot,as missionary, temptations yet remained virgin,severing God for over ten years.
Then tell a lie that he's not hungry,they can eat the food,that same man will end in hell,because thou wicked soul shall burn for their sin full ways.

You said the bolded like its nothing, maybe because it really is nothing
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by raphieMontella: 4:18am On Oct 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I am wary of giving untrue answers, so I express my thoughts when I am not sure of something.
What if the comic story is a re-enactment of a true life story, will the people still be right to say it's not supposed to be so?
Your bible indicates he will be in heaven...the thief on the cross gives such example...
So i can say...christians are christians because they want to continue sinning....
NOTE:atheists are not only ex-christians.

what if the comic book is pure fiction?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Ranchhoddas: 8:36am On Oct 21, 2016
raphieMontella:

Your bible indicates he will be in heaven...the thief on the cross gives such example...
So i can say...christians are christians because they want to continue sinning....
NOTE:atheists are not only ex-christians.

what if the comic book is pure fiction?
What if it isn't?
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Ranchhoddas: 8:40am On Oct 21, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

exactly! it makes no sense to leave Christianity because you can't attain that perfection, even those we revere in Christianity fall once in a while

so saying atheists leave Christianity because they want to sin is pure hogwash

I'm not really denying that there might be atheists that do but I'm sure going by my online and physical experiences of atheists its very negligible
This is not true. So many people are ''living the life''. Believe it or not!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prayer Against Self-servicing, Lust and Se.xual Immorality / Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? / What Is A Pastor Looking For In Hilda Baci's Room?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.