Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. (4443 Views)

PETETION TO SEUN: Please Create For Us A Christianity Section / Seun Please Create A Thread For Christians / Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by raphieMontella: 8:53am On Oct 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What if it isn't?
magical thinking..
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Ranchhoddas: 8:59am On Oct 21, 2016
raphieMontella:
magical thinking..
Naaaah. Faith!!
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by raphieMontella: 9:34am On Oct 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Naaaah. Faith!!
a repellant of reason
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Geist(m): 11:52am On Oct 21, 2016
PastorAIO:

This maybe a bit off topic but am curious. Do you practice any form of worship? To who or what if yes?
By worship I mean activities such as prayers to a Devine being.
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 21, 2016
Lennycool:

Mentally ill really? But it is Christian post that I see with titles and premises like
*My grandmother is a witch how can I kill her
* Eyelash is gotten from Satan's armpit
* rubbing sliced lemon on your armpit, since its ungodly to use artificial deodorant.
And so much more.

And yet we atheist are the mentally I'll?
When one man believes in an imaginary being he is mad. When many people believe in the same imaginary being it is religion.
I was talking about the depravity of the human mind when I proscribe Mental illness. For Heaven sake, Why wrestle with what you know is truth because you desire to believe lies?
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by hopefulLandlord: 12:48pm On Oct 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This is not true. So many people are ''living the life''. Believe it or not!

I'm not making saying all of them fall
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 21, 2016
Lennycool:

Correction you are less than that. Do not subscribe me to your religious folly. God is the imagination of primitive men, trying to make sense of the world around them.
You're easily offended when I say 'we're less than that' and yet, you think it's reasonable to believe Man evolved from an apelike creature. How contradictory or should I say How depraved!
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2016
charix:
Is this one guy opening multiple accounts or it's a group of people? Who cares? Let me sign here before this thread catches a deletion.

I was here OP, give me your best insult.
Sir I find it very unreasonable to spew insult at someone, especially when there is anonymity. This is not a second acc
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2016
rev14vs11:

Sir I find it very unreasonable to spew insult at someone, especially when there is anonymity. This is not a second acc
Ok then. Waiting for thread deletion. Not the first and last of these I've come across. I find it very amusing now how they appear and disappear so quickly.
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 21, 2016
ifenes:
Like I have said many times...the human psychic is responsible for everything we put out. Abuse a child psychologically,then you have ruined the child and his possible 5 generations. Africa were purposely brainwashed with reverse-knowledge,the missionaries did a bit of good deeds to convince our poor ancestors that that indeed was an ideal way of life and the people's mind were joyfully opened to lengthy brainwash.

Did you just say 'Brainwashed', then on what ground have you laid your premise, since everything is relative from an atheist standpoint? Are you also saying we were brainwashed with electronic gadget like Phone Tv etc?
ifenes:
This was a psychological warfare to keep AFricans behind. Look at nigeria today and the evidence is clear.
We're tired of empty claim, any proof?

ifenes:
Change a man's mindset the right way,then you won't expect him to spit out these words of the OP. The state of the Human Mind is the key to him experiencing heaven or hell
If you continue living this sort of life, I'm scared but you're in for a rude awakening.
ifenes:
It is not the OPs fault, it is clearly a bad job done on him physiologically. Africans look for God in the sky while the average European knows his Mind is God. And they are tapping into it to create a better world
OK, I heard you
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

certain threads are not even worth gracing, this is one such thread

I'm gonna be a bit picky about threads from now on
hopefulLandlord let me ask just one question.

When you stand before the Almighty on the great day of His wrath, with your repertoire of knowledge. And He begins to test what little you think you've know. Don't you think your tongue will stick to the roof of your palate with just a few question about all you think you've know? Do you really think your Knowledge can stand the day of His wrath?
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 21, 2016
SirWere:
Nice rhymes, op.
A bit wordy and more spacing should be done but nice long lines.
Thanks, I'll make necessary correction.

SirWere:

However; If we follow your line of thought; 'God' gave us our brain; our imaginations to conquer and dominate the world and all those shii...
Therefore, when our reason is showing us some logical inconsistences in this God concept; should be back down Abandon our 'god-given' faculties Do we run away and pretend like all is rosy and wellSome will. Some do. Infact, most notable christian philosophers cannot reconcile facts with the concept and settle for "faith" instead.And some of us.....simply do not.
I answered this question maybe you read my post again. Our Brains, our Imagination, our senses all fell when our federal head fell. That's why I said I mocked Human reason because all we've right now is fallen Human reason. Have you seriously pondered the consequence of the fall?

SirWere:
Since God gave us our brains, I don't think he'll angry at us using it, now would he
Since God gave us sexual desire then you may as well claim that God gave us license to fornicate? God did not give us Brain to reason out His existence.
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2016
plaetton:

This is a very very interesting way to look at it.

We atheists always insist that God is a product of the mind.
But in this line of thought , god can Also be said to reside in the mind.
So, what better way to tune in to God, tap into God, than through the mind, the you in you( borrowing from Deepsight) ?

Therefore, beseeching the sky is a futile exercise for those too lazy to think, to explore the inexhaustible resources of the mind, the birthplace and residence of God, the almighty.

Some misinformed and deluded fellows would come here to tell us that God resides in the outskirts of space and time.
How ridiculous! undecided
Why are you deceiving yourself, Pleatton? Why live in deceit? Honestly, You should be ashamed of yourself! ' God a product of the Human mind', says who? Anyone can cook up any claim. Wise up Man before you bewail you foolishness in a miserable eternity! Read my comment to hopefullandlord in the this page and see if your wisdom could help you.
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 21, 2016
Seun:
Are you required to pray elaborately five times a day with your head on the floor and your ass in the air while facing a particular direction?

This is not true of all Jains and I can honestly tell you that a lot of mainstrea jains do not pray 5 times daily. and besides Christains are required to pray without seizing AND christ admonishes believers to always Pray.
Seun:
Are you required to cover your body from head to toe even on a hot afternoon in the desert? Could you be stoned to death for being raped, or have your hands amputated for petty theft? Are you forbidden from tasting wine or pork or listening to any music that uses instruments? If none of the above is true, then maybe the standards of your religion aren't that high?
Can you quote any Jain text with these set of rules and pls not wikipedia.
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 21, 2016
Hello @shadeyinka.

Sorry Sir. I'm yet to reply cos Facebook has been messing up with my mailbox. I'll PM now
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by plaetton: 2:30pm On Oct 21, 2016
rev14vs11:

Wise up Man before you bewail you foolishness in a miserable eternity!

Blackmail, the primary currency of the ignorant and deluded.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2016
plaetton:

Blackmail, the primary currency of the ignorant and deluded.
Hahaha in derision. then we shall who gets to laughs last?
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by plaetton: 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2016
rev14vs11:

Hahaha in derision. then we shall who gets to laughs last?

That's right.
After you die, we shall see, shan't we ? grin

Lol. grin
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by shadeyinka(m): 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2016
rev14vs11:
Hello @shadeyinka.

Sorry Sir. I'm yet to reply cos Facebook has been messing up with my mailbox. I'll PM now

check your mail. i just got across:
Shalom
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 23, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I'm not making saying all of them fall
U do fall myhands . Answer me Noah!
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 24, 2016
plaetton:
Lol.

I have said before, many many times, there is a strong correlation between religious faith and mental illness.

In fact, I once posted a thread showing that the founders of the worlds major religions suffered one form of mental disturbance or another, especially Temporal Lobe Epilepsy ( TLE), a mental disturbance that amplify and exaggerates the " religious experience ".
It is not surprising that Chinua Achebe wrote of the newly minted Christians in the heartland of pre-colonial Niger , " there is something akin to Madness(insanity) in their overwhelming method ".

This cracked me up
cheesy
Maybe cos I am an Achebe lover! tongue

1 Like

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 24, 2016
ifenes:
Like I have said many times...the human psychic is responsible for everything we put out. Abuse a child psychologically,then you have ruined the child and his possible 5 generations. Africa were purposely brainwashed with reverse-knowledge,the missionaries did a bit of good deeds to convince our poor ancestors that that indeed was an ideal way of life and the people's mind were joyfully opened to lengthy brainwash. This was a psychological warfare to keep AFricans behind. Look at nigeria today and the evidence is clear.

Change a man's mindset the right way,then you won't expect him to spit out these words of the OP. The state of the Human Mind is the key to him experiencing heaven or hell. It is not the OPs fault, it is clearly a bad job done on him physiologically. Africans look for God in the sky while the average European knows his Mind is God. And they are tapping into it to create a better world

kiss
True Story titled "let us rape Africa to pieces".....your submission is a type of Structural Violence, and is inter-generational and has been embodied by Africans...makes me wanna cry at times...., the total rejection of us as dark, and of the white man's culture as light? ...the crazy displays of religiosity.....have you ever seen crusaders sacking or planning to sack shrines in their villages? In all them religious wars? Cringe-worthy.

Meanwhile I believe in God, in Love, He is in me, and is me too....and He resides in every religion, in Omenani, in Ifa, everywhere
Claiming Him for certain groups only is egocentric to put it mildly....and is so antithetical to what God (Love) is
At least in Omenani/Odinani, there is the instruction to, "live and let live" ...which is just beautiful
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Amberon11: 10:35am On Oct 24, 2016
Wrong! Please show us proof of real miracles in Islam or any other religion. I will show you a dozen of on the spot miracles in Christianity that you cannot debunk. Even Muslims don't believe in miracles.
PastorAIO:

There are miracles in Jainism too. You'll be very hard pressed to find a religion without miracles.

What do Christians proscribe that Jains do not.
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by PastorAIO: 1:02pm On Oct 24, 2016
Amberon11:
Wrong! Please show us proof of real miracles in Islam or any other religion. I will show you a dozen of on the spot miracles in Christianity that you cannot debunk. Even Muslims don't believe in miracles.

Please stop smoking crack, calm down, and read the thread through before commenting. What you hastily demanded has already been provided in subsequent posts. If only you could read through soberly.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 02, 2016
...and true to form the OP deleted his account and original complaint. Hmm. At this point I file such actions under entertainment. Happens every Sunday.
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by PastorAIO: 2:54am On Nov 03, 2016
Geist:

This maybe a bit off topic but am curious. Do you practice any form of worship? To who or what if yes?
By worship I mean activities such as prayers to a Devine being.

Oops! I seem to have missed this. The answer is yes I do.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? / Benny Hinn Crusade In Nigeria (Video) / Is Religion A Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.