Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas (1204 Views)

6.0 Magnitude Earthquake Hits California With Tremors Felt In Las Vegas And LA / A Woman's Iphone Saved Her Life In Las Vegas Mass Shooting / Picture Of Stephen Paddock, Las Vegas Mass Shooter (2) (3) (4)

Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by fastnewsng2016: 5:39am On Oct 20, 2016
Donald Trump has used the high-profile setting of the final presidential debate on Wednesday night to amplify one of the most explosive charges of his candidacy: that if he loses the election, he might consider the outcome illegitimate because the process is rigged.

Questioned directly as to whether he would accept the outcome should Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton prevail on Nov. 8, Trump demurred. “I will keep you in suspense,” the Republican nominee said. Clinton called Trump’s answer “horrifying,” saying he was “talking down our democracy.”

After a sober start, the candidates shifted gears into a series of fiery exchanges over their fitness to serve as president and character traits. But over the course of the third and final debate, they delved deeper into their substantive differences than they did in the first two forums and offered a clearer contrast in the directions they would take the country. They drew sharp distinctions on the economy, trade, terrorism, immigration and hot-button social issues including abortion and guns.

Russian President Vladimir Putin loomed as an unseen third presence on the stage. Clinton and Trump sparred over which of them would be more effective as commander-in-chief in dealing with his aggression and Russian cyber attacks. Clinton labeled Trump as Putin’s “puppet” — prompting Trump to snap back, “You’re the puppet!” — while Trump charged that Putin had “outsmarted and outplayed” her when she was secretary of state.

After Clinton cited the findings of 17 U.S. intelligence agencies that the Russian government had committed espionage — including by hacking the emails of Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta — to interfere in the U.S. election, Trump said he did not agree with that conclusion.

“Hillary, you have no idea,” Trump said. “Our country has no idea.”

Clinton and Trump clashed intensely about each other’s character deficiencies in an urgent move to persuade undecided voters just 20 days before Election Day and as people in many states already have begun casting ballots already.

Though Trump was clearly trying to present himself in a more presidential light than at the previous two debates, at times he could not contain his impulses to jab and insult.

As Clinton was needling Trump for not paying taxes, Trump interjected: “Such a nasty woman.”

The animus between the two had reached such a critical mass that the candidates dispensed with the traditional gesture of shaking hands, before and after the debate.

Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by rose54321: 5:42am On Oct 20, 2016
Trump all the way. His best debate so far.
I also loved the moderator, Chris Wallace , he asked professional questions that Americans care about.

Not the nonsense Anderson Cooper did last time.

Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by Nobody: 5:43am On Oct 20, 2016
Trump ain't gonna win this.

Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by fastnewsng2016: 5:44am On Oct 20, 2016
Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by BarrElChapo(m): 6:09am On Oct 20, 2016
Would take Trump over Clinton anyday.. #CrockedClinton

Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by BarrElChapo(m): 6:11am On Oct 20, 2016
rose54321:
I also loved the moderator, Chris Wallace , he asked professional questions that Americans care about.

So u noticed it... i thought i was the only one.. effing biased CNN.. every time i watch dem i get angry. . I probably hate them now

Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by Edwinmason(m): 6:12am On Oct 20, 2016
trump or clinton who so ever wins, america is doom
Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by youngaz(m): 6:31am On Oct 20, 2016
D winner of d election shouldn't be a concern of ours...bt know diz...
If Trump shuld prevail in dis,den just know dat d kind trouble and wahala u'll go 2ru b4 u enta U.S ehn?...and of course i dnt no abt Clinton anyway...which is why it's no concern of ours
Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by fastnewsng2016: 6:35am On Oct 20, 2016
Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by bonechamberlain(m): 6:46am On Oct 20, 2016
Very funny Clinton accusing trump of being a puppet, we all know Clinton is the puppet.

One of the few reasons I prefer trump is that for the first time America has an individual who is almost independent.

Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by ezechueze(m): 6:53am On Oct 20, 2016
OK
Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 20, 2016
youngaz:
D winner of d election shouldn't be a concern of ours...bt know diz...
If Trump shuld prevail in dis,den just know dat d kind trouble and wahala u'll go 2ru b4 u enta U.S ehn?...and of course i dnt no abt Clinton anyway...which is why it's no concern of ours
why should it be easy for people to enter the U.S? There is law over there

Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 20, 2016
Haven't watched the debate yet so would update after I do.
Win or lose this debate Trump has already lost two so a win here doesn't mean anything. Who cares anyway since it's total number of votes which decide the final winner. If Trump wins, good. If Hillary wins, good. I only pray the candidate who stops pampering Africa thereby forcing us to sit up eventually gets the seat.
Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by mach7(m): 10:52am On Oct 20, 2016
It was a great debate, with Trump edging it slightly especially on the economy/loss of jobs. However, his biggest mistake was in not agreeing to concede defeat if he loses...that will be the major headline of news media which will affect his momentum again.

Also, this debate hasn't helped Clinton with respect to her trust/truthful ratings. It is clear now that her foundation is a scam, and she has a two mouthed policy. One in private to Wall street bankers and the other in public to woo potential voters....which is bad.
Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by kinibigdeal(m): 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2016
Hilary Clinton didnt accept defeat in year 2000
mach7:
It was a great debate, with Trump edging it slightly especially on the economy/loss of jobs. However, his biggest mistake was in not agreeing to concede defeat if he loses...that will be the major headline of news media which will affect his momentum again.

Also, this debate hasn't helped Clinton with respect to her trust/truthful ratings. It is clear now that her foundation is a scam, and she has a two mouthed policy. One in private to Wall street bankers and the other in public to woo potential voters....which is bad.

Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by Lucasbalo(m): 3:38am On Oct 21, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Hilary Clinton didnt accept defeat in year 2000
You just like to make yourself sound like a fool. Which election Hillary lost in 2000 that she didn't accept defeat.
Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by kinibigdeal(m): 8:11am On Oct 21, 2016
You should have beg for explanation than displaying fullscale ignorance. I thought you live in America, you should know what transpired in 2000
Lucasbalo:
You just like to make yourself sound like a fool. Which election Hillary lost in 2000 that she didn't accept defeat.

Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by Lucasbalo(m): 2:16pm On Oct 21, 2016
kinibigdeal:
You should have beg for explanation than displaying fullscale ignorance. I thought you live in America, you should know what transpired in 2000
When i call you a know nothing fool, I am being complimentary to you. You don't have a clue about what the heck you talking about. The election in 2000 is between George W and Al Gore which was settled by the US Supreme Court because of the hanging chads in Florida that was being governed by Jeb Bush who is the younger brother to George W. That has absolutely nothing to do with Hillary because she and her husband were about to leave the White House after Bill two term. You see why you should be focused on Nigeria election and leave American politics to those in the midst. Trying to make yourself look smarter but you end up like a fool. I guess Google can't help you on that.

Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by kinibigdeal(m): 2:37pm On Oct 21, 2016
Go back to google where you got those piffle from and copy what hilary said in year 2000 after the supreme court verdict. Am waiting!
Lucasbalo:
When i call you a know nothing fool, I am being complimentary to you. You don't have a clue about what the heck you talking about. The election in 2000 is between George W and Al Gore which was settled by the US Supreme Court because of the hanging chads in Florida that was being governed by Jeb Bush who is the younger brother to George W. That has absolutely nothing to do with Hillary because she and her husband were about to leave the White House after Bill two term. You see why you should be focused on Nigeria election and leave American politics to those in the midst. Trying to make yourself look smarter but you end up like a fool. I guess Google can't help you on that.
Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by Lucasbalo(m): 2:42pm On Oct 21, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Go back to google where you got those piffle from and copy what hilary said in year 2000 after the supreme court verdict. Am waiting!
You are a first class dummy like I said. I voted for Gore in that election. Just like yesterday, I remember the scenario very vividly. I don't Google stuff like that because I live it. The election of 2000 was very contested because 538 votes in hanging chads turns the Presidency to George Bush. People still believe that's the machinations of Jeb Bush to help his brother since States certify elections and not Federal Government. Boy, you need to talk about things you know and stop hallucinating about a country you have no clue.
Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by kinibigdeal(m): 2:57pm On Oct 21, 2016
Your Hi-tech ignorance on American politics baffles me alot because i expected you to know better. Anyway, you still didnt answer the question on whether secretary Clinton accepted the outcome of the election or not. I can give you proof of all what she said if you care to know ''Captain America''.
Lucasbalo:
You are a first class dummy like I said. I voted for Gore in that election. Just like yesterday, I remember the scenario very vividly. I don't Google stuff like that because I live it. The election of 2000 was very contested because 538 votes in hanging chads turns the Presidency to George Bush. People still believe that's the machinations of Jeb Bush to help his brother since States certify elections and not Federal Government. Boy, you need to talk about things you know and stop hallucinating about a country you have no clue.
Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by Lucasbalo(m): 3:02pm On Oct 21, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Your Hi-tech ignorance on American politics baffles me alot because i expected you to know better. Anyway, you still didnt answer the question on whether secretary Clinton accepted the outcome of the election or not. I can give you proof of all what she said if you care to know ''Captain America''.
Clown, you still regurgitating the same garbage you are swallowing. Hillary wasnt running for office in 2000 like Tramp is now. Gore was the one that challenged the Florida returns and he conceded after SCOTUS ordered the recounts. Done with you. Hope you have a good day .
Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by kinibigdeal(m): 3:10pm On Oct 21, 2016
You need to be more holistic in your findings. You are being pussilaminious with the truth. I ask again, did secretary Clinton accept the election or not? It will be brave of you to beg my for clarity in my argument than staying adamant in ignorance
Lucasbalo:
Clown, you still regurgitating the same garbage you are swallowing. Hillary wasnt running for office in 2000 like Tramp is now. Gore was the one that challenged the Florida returns and he conceded after SCOTUS ordered the recounts. Done with you. Hope you have a good day .
Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by Lucasbalo(m): 3:14pm On Oct 21, 2016
kinibigdeal:
You need to be more holistic in your findings. You are being pussilaminious with the truth. I ask again, did secretary Clinton accept the election or not? It will be brave of you to beg my for clarity in my argument than staying adamant in ignorance
Ain't you suppose to be at work in Nigeria now ?. You sure have a lot of time on you for a young man.
Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by kinibigdeal(m): 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2016
Well, as a youngman. I control my time. No one owns it. What else do you want to know?
Lucasbalo:
Ain't you suppose to be at work in Nigeria now ?. You sure have a lot of time on you for a young man.
Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by remedick: 7:48am On Oct 25, 2016
rose54321:

It's a case of between the shark and deep blue sea. Trump has a caustic tongue and if what he has said in the past month is anything to go by, lives of innocent muslims and other immigrants are at stake.

What do you have to say about that, especially your Nigerian brothers?
Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by rose54321: 12:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
remedick:
It's a case of between the shark and deep blue sea. Trump has a caustic tongue and if what he has said in the past month is anything to go by, lives of innocent muslims and other immigrants are at stake.

What do you have to say about that, especially your Nigerian brothers?

Trump is an American and his priority are Americans.
If the folks you mentioned are ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS then they should be removed. How can you enter another country illegally and get offended when someone wants to abide by the law in deporting you. It doesn't make sense

While I can be sympathetic to their plight, as the World number 1 having open borders where people over stay their visas or sneak in through Mexico is unacceptable.

I will say to my fellow Nigerian brothers, STAY IN YOUR COUNTRY, to the best of my knowledge Mr. Buhari hasn't sent you out, so stay and develop your country rather than under developing and becoming a pest in another.
Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by remedick: 2:26pm On Oct 25, 2016
rose54321:

Trump is an American and his priority are Americans.
If the folks you mentioned are ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS then they should be removed. How can you enter another country illegally and get offended when someone wants to abide by the law in deporting you. It doesn't make sense

While I can be sympathetic to their plight, as the World number 1 having open borders where people over stay their visas or sneak in through Mexico is unacceptable.

I will say to my fellow Nigerian brothers, STAY IN YOUR COUNTRY, to the best of my knowledge Mr. Buhari hasn't sent you out, so stay and develop your country rather than under developing and becoming a pest in another.

The sad thing is Trump is likely not gonna win.

I respect his angle, which is to bring a total overhaul into the system of governance, show no mercy to terrorist, take the bull by the horn and fork their asses up.

But it seems you are missing the point. He didn't just say he will repatriate illegal immigrants, but those without root in US. That's why I said "innocent" immigrants in my OP.

He has a point and tend to echo what majority of Americans have probably been saying in their closets---They are taking our jobs, they are displacing us etc.

However, the question thrown at him regarding what will he do if he does not win, isn't just a mere one, it's likely an insight into that fact that he will not win.

Either way, Trump has proven to be whom I have often read about--a man with guts of lion. He screws you when you cross his path uninvited.

November 8 will tell who will rule the most power country in the world.

Talking about Nigerians not being sent out of their country and therefore should stay put makes me laugh. When has it become a crime to explore terrain where your full potentials can be maximised? Does America own where they lay claim on currently? Didn't history reveal they TOO are immigrants from Europe, displacing the REAL owners of their land? Talking about part of mexico, red indians? America current claim an island away from their landmass. I can't remember the name. So you see? They are no saint.

The damages America has cause in Middle East and Africa is one too many that can be forgiven.

Gadaffi was killed for opposing the West. Bombs going off in lands like Iraq, Yemen, Libya while her citizens (US) sleep peacefully.

There are classified information that US built ISIS, which they only started screaming blue murder when their citizen became victims. Ever wondered why they refused to co-operate with Putin to eliminate ISIS?

Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by rose54321: 1:38am On Oct 28, 2016
remedick:

The sad thing is Trump is likely not gonna win.

I respect his angle, which is to bring a total overhaul into the system of governance, show no mercy to terrorist, take the bull by the horn and fork their asses up.

But it seems you are missing the point. He didn't just say he will repatriate illegal immigrants, but those without root in US. That's why I said "innocent" immigrants in my OP.

He has a point and tend to echo what majority of Americans have probably been saying in their closets---They are taking our jobs, they are displacing us etc.

However, the question thrown at him regarding what will he do if he does not win, isn't just a mere one, it's likely an insight into that fact that he will not win.

Either way, Trump has proven to be whom I have often read about--a man with guts of lion. He screws you when you cross his path uninvited.

November 8 will tell who will rule the most power country in the world.

Talking about Nigerians not being sent out of their country and therefore should stay put makes me laugh. When has it become a crime to explore terrain where your full potentials can be maximised? Does America own where they lay claim on currently? Didn't history reveal they TOO are immigrants from Europe, displacing the REAL owners of their land? Talking about part of mexico, red indians? America current claim an island away from their landmass. I can't remember the name. So you see? They are no saint.

The damages America has cause in Middle East and Africa is one too many that can be forgiven.

Gadaffi was killed for opposing the West. Bombs going off in lands like Iraq, Yemen, Libya while her citizens (US) sleep peacefully.

There are classified information that US built ISIS, which they only started screaming blue murder when their citizen became victims. Ever wondered why they refused to co-operate with Putin to eliminate ISIS?

I'm tempted to reply (as I don't agree with most, not all sha, that you've said), but let me be a gentle lady and respect your opinion.

Still Trump all the way. Let's make America great again.
Re: Trump, Clinton Traded Words At Final Presidential Debate In Las Vegas by remedick: 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2016
rose54321:

I'm tempted to reply (as I don't agree with most, not all sha, that you've said), but let me be a gentle lady and respect your opinion.

Still Trump all the way. Let's make America great again.
lol. You made me laugh with the way you responded. Okay gentle lady, I appreciate your take on it.

Bless you!

President Elect Donald J. Trump Facebook Post American React / Nigeria Can Buy Ghana And The Country Of Benin / Updates on US Presidential Election

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62