Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Why An Igbo Man Who Marries An Igbo Woman Should Go To Jail By Cool Fm Freeze - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why An Igbo Man Who Marries An Igbo Woman Should Go To Jail By Cool Fm Freeze (1885 Views)

65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) / A 70 Year Old Man Marries An 18 Year Old Girl In Imo State. / Northern Man Marries An Underaged Girl (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why An Igbo Man Who Marries An Igbo Woman Should Go To Jail By Cool Fm Freeze by Ade3000yrs(m): 3:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
Cool FM’s On-Air Personality, OAP, born Ifedapo Oyerinde, popularly known as Freeze, has said religion and tribalism were the major problem of Nigeria, cautioning if religion and tribal sentiments were not set aside, the country will remain divided.

He posted on his instagram account-@daddyfreeze, saying, “Religion and tribalism are the tools utilized in dividing Nigeria.
Advocating for a cross-cultural marriage, Freeze said, “What would I do if I were elected president of Nigeria in 2019? Someone asked.
“Well I would sign a bill into law, punishable with a minimum of 5 years in prison and maximum of 15 years in prison, any marriage conducted by 2 members of the same tribe; meaning that if a Yoruba man marries a Yoruba woman or an Igbo man marries an Igbo woman or a Hausa man marries a Hausa woman, they along with their parents, the bridal team and the groomsmen would all spend a minimum of 5 years in prison.
“Also anybody involved in the wedding e.g caterers, m.c, musician e.t.c, would also be charged and if found guilty would also be guests at the state penitentiary.

“This I would enforce with a ‘marriage task force’ that would go to weddings to ensure compliance.

“When we do this for 10years and all of una marry una self, make we see how una wan dey fight,” he quipped.

I just believe that however all the good things we may admire about the developed countries, as Africans, we may never progress nor be as developed as Japan, China, USA, Europe and Australia if we continue to focus more on the ties and things that divides us rather than the similarities and the things that unite us.

I believe Nigeria as a Nation is that Central State and sovereignty that binds the entire African Continent together as all the African Countries look up to Nigeria and Only respect the Name Nigeria and not at our tribes be it Yoruba, Igbos nor Hausas. What every tribes need is the right education, reorientation and the need to stay together as one.

Yes every other tribes of the over 800 Nigerian tribes should share in this common objective and vision. If a tribe make the mistake to break out no matter it oil reserve, oil discovery nor landmass, even the least African countries as such Somalia, Sierra Leone, Ugandan, Congo, Benin Republic, Gabon, will be king over any Nigerian break out state.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/10/20/igbo-man-marries-igbo-woman-jailed-oap-freeze/
Re: Why An Igbo Man Who Marries An Igbo Woman Should Go To Jail By Cool Fm Freeze by Authoreety: 3:14pm On Oct 20, 2016
Boughted
Re: Why An Igbo Man Who Marries An Igbo Woman Should Go To Jail By Cool Fm Freeze by jopretty(f): 3:27pm On Oct 20, 2016
And 'soldeth' cheesy
Authoreety:
Boughted

1 Like

Re: Why An Igbo Man Who Marries An Igbo Woman Should Go To Jail By Cool Fm Freeze by oweniwe(m): 4:11pm On Oct 20, 2016
Auctionded for N5 angry

He'll never win election.

Make he kuku jail everybody.

Nothing will make me marry oyo girl... Especially those half literate ones

1 Like

Re: Why An Igbo Man Who Marries An Igbo Woman Should Go To Jail By Cool Fm Freeze by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
Rubbish! He's a big joke! His mentality is appalling undecided
Re: Why An Igbo Man Who Marries An Igbo Woman Should Go To Jail By Cool Fm Freeze by sisisioge: 4:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
grin grin grin grin e nor welll before anyways.
Re: Why An Igbo Man Who Marries An Igbo Woman Should Go To Jail By Cool Fm Freeze by byvan03: 7:47pm On Oct 20, 2016
Story , some people prefer to stick to their kind and that shouldnt be a problem.

1 Like

Re: Why An Igbo Man Who Marries An Igbo Woman Should Go To Jail By Cool Fm Freeze by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 20, 2016
i like ibo women but d accent and their love for money is my serious concern

2 Likes

Re: Why An Igbo Man Who Marries An Igbo Woman Should Go To Jail By Cool Fm Freeze by Yorobastard(m): 12:26am On Oct 21, 2016
Onijagidijagan:
Lol...see your mouth like your accent is better and you don't like money

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why An Igbo Man Who Marries An Igbo Woman Should Go To Jail By Cool Fm Freeze by Osmondinho(m): 5:25am On Oct 21, 2016
who is Freeze or Fridge if I may ask
Re: Why An Igbo Man Who Marries An Igbo Woman Should Go To Jail By Cool Fm Freeze by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:58am On Oct 21, 2016
See what an adult put up.
With all the inter tribal marriages in Nigeria, shi. t still got worse.
Who said country devt is dependent on marriage arrangements among citizens?
Already, we are complaining people marry for the wrong reasons, you want to add national unity to it?
Re: Why An Igbo Man Who Marries An Igbo Woman Should Go To Jail By Cool Fm Freeze by ladyju(f): 10:55am On Oct 21, 2016
Ana akogheri. Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Why An Igbo Man Who Marries An Igbo Woman Should Go To Jail By Cool Fm Freeze by jmoore(m): 11:50am On Oct 21, 2016
Onijagidijagan:
I understand, you love cowries not money. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why An Igbo Man Who Marries An Igbo Woman Should Go To Jail By Cool Fm Freeze by Kenfil(f): 12:52pm On Oct 21, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

Do you want to know what I hate most? People that generalize.... Igbo bride price is high? Igbo girls like money? Nigerian women only love you for ur money? Gosh, am sick and tired of this...people like you should travel the world and experience other women before putting us down.... When will you people learn and stop being annoying?... Ogwu Ka oram n'onu

2 Likes

Re: Why An Igbo Man Who Marries An Igbo Woman Should Go To Jail By Cool Fm Freeze by Authoreety: 5:41pm On Oct 28, 2016
jopretty:
And 'soldeth' cheesy
naughty u

(1) (Reply)

My Dad Is Losing Confidence In Himself As My Father. How Should I Deal With It? / How My Mother’s Advice Made Me Rich / Are You Married And Troubled?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.