Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,515 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) (69919 Views)

Husband Caught His Politician Wife In Bed With Their Adopted Son (Pictures) / Woman Rejects Christmas Car Gift From Her 200 Level Undergraduate Son (photos) / 41-year-old Indonesian Widower Weds 13-year-Old 3 Months After Meeting Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 14, 2020
A grandmother has tied the knot aged 65 - with her 24-year-old adopted son.

The wedding between Mbah Gambreng and Ardi Waras took place in South Sumatra, Indonesia, 7 News reports.

According to local media reports, Mbah adopted her now-groom Ardi last year and the happy couple have lived together ever since.

The blushing bride, who also has three adopted daughters, says she had no intention of marrying him when they first met.

But when she told him he should get married soon, he astounded her by proposing to her.

"To my surprise, he said he wanted to marry me," she said.

Photos of the wedding, which have been shared on social media, show the pair smiling and holding hands.

It is understood that Ardi paid his wife-to-be a dowry of 100,000 IDR (£6) before the ceremony.

This is typical of Islamic weddings in Indonesia, where the groom or groom's father often gifts money or possessions to the bride as a dowry.

Ardi and Mbah aren't the only Indonesian couple to wed despite an age gap spanning decades.

Earlier this year, a man believed to be at least 100 years old married a young bride in her 20s - nearly 80 years his junior.

The centenarian groom, Katte, is old enough to have been a fighter during the Dutch colonial era early last century.

The wedding took place at bride Indo Alang's home in Wajo, in the central Indonesian province of South Sulawesi.

Katte is said to have spent 5 million IDR (£279) for his wife's dowry.

Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/grandmother-marries-adopted-son-24-22185245

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by jidamsel43(m): 12:39am On Jun 14, 2020
Better, inasmuch as it will make her happy .

Who am I to condemn it?

Just last year , my distant cousin of 25 years old married a 60 years old American Grandma. He has since travelled to the State and living happily .

The whole family initially rejected it but when we discovered the advantages of the union, we quickly gave our consent. The woman's package was received before the lockdown by the family. The woman is a doctor in California and very rich. She just needed someone as companion and They got hooked in online dating site. The love story began from the internet and the rest is story

183 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by michlins(m): 12:44am On Jun 14, 2020
Be happy. That's one important thing in life

12 Likes

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by ABBEYsammy01(m): 4:32am On Jun 14, 2020
What is the title of this movie?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by illicit(m): 5:25am On Jun 14, 2020
Eating expired food is harmful

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by saucecode(m): 5:54am On Jun 14, 2020
She resemble corpse

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by mcemmy0z: 6:25am On Jun 14, 2020
Whatever makes you happy grandma, so far he's not your blood related child.

25 Likes

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by Nobody: 6:30am On Jun 14, 2020
ABBEYsammy01:
What is the title of this movie?
Real life movie, lol

4 Likes

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by whytediamond(m): 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
Had to read comments before making mine. Whatever rocks your world grin No set manual for daily living. Just rules. Even rules are made to be broken. grin

What do I know

10 Likes

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by satowind(m): 2:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
Wonders shall never end. So he is both brother and step father to his siblings ?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by XXLMANDIGO: 2:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
shocked

BIZARRE!!!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by Augustinaz(m): 2:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
Wrinkled Old Lady

5 Likes

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by chukel(m): 2:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
jidamsel43:

Who am I to condemn it?

Just last year , my distant cousin of 25 years old married a 60 years old American Grandma. He has since travelled to the State and living happily .

The whole family initially rejected it but when we discovered the advantages of the union, we quickly gave our consent. The woman's package was received before the lockdown by the family. The woman is a doctor in California and very rich. She just needed someone as companion and They got hooked in online dating site. The love story began from the internet and the rest is story
special package?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by Uyi168: 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
....they both look ugly..

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by Joe84073: 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
My dream life �
Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by WuraSerano(f): 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
Love conquers all barriers.

4 Likes

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
jidamsel43:

Who am I to condemn it?

she go use your cousin as experiment one day

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by 6ixT8: 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
only God knows how long she has being abusing him hitherto.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by NorthPrince: 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
All the best

3 Likes

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by miketayo(m): 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
The Kid is half Nigerian

6 Likes

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by Strangebuttrue(m): 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
jidamsel43:

Who am I to condemn it?

your family sold your cousin out because of money

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by Slawormir: 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

No need to dey waste your sperm on top young and broke ass girls

Better stick with an old lady with cash

4 Likes

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by KanwuliaExtra: 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
See as the woman be like CORPSE. grin

7 Likes

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by BrandAlliances: 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
Life is short

The search for Mr right is looong

2 Likes

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by Meatballs(m): 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
Well, I don't blame those who say that love is blind

and the annoying part to me is that it's coming from one of my dream country

well it's their cup of cake not mine

1 Like

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by MasterDreamz: 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
With what the whole world is going through, just look at these ones...Iranu!

1 Share

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by tillaman(m): 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
Chai she adopted him and told him to get married and he proposed to her?? Seems grandma adopted herself a boy toy
They been smashing before they got hitched jare, it’s good though he doesn’t have to worry about using condom or withdrawal grin

9 Likes

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by Gibsonho(m): 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
She needs someone to nack her old kpekus tongue
Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by misterjosh(m): 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
chukel:
special package?

Maybe the groom price lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by DatAbujaBoy: 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
Who no like better thing?
Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by Modikko(m): 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
You lack respect for humanity
saucecode:
She resemble corpse

9 Likes

Re: 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) by saheedbadmus(m): 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
Conjugal bliss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Said I Should Buy Him Gucci Driver Shoes (screenshots) / How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? / Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.