Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Pastor Ukpong Denies Visiting Justice Okoro With Umana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Ukpong Denies Visiting Justice Okoro With Umana (1160 Views)

Okorocha Obtains CCTV Footage Of Wike And Justice Okoro's Illegal Meeting / Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation / Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Ukpong Denies Visiting Justice Okoro With Umana by deantimes(m): 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2016
THE letter written by Justice Inyang Okoro is still causing more confusion as individuals he named in the letter as trying to induce him are all denying and requesting for prove or evidence.

The most recent is the Pastor Ebebe Ukpong who Justice Okoro alleged  to have brought Dr. Umana Okon Umana to his house. In Justice Okoro's letter, he alleged that when Umana raised the topic of inducing him so that the Supreme Court verdict will favour him, Pastor Ebebe shouted and asked not to be involved in that.

But in Pastor Ebebe Ukpong's press release, he totally denied the existence of such meeting.

PRESS STATEMENT BY PASTOR EBEBE UKPONG ON THE LETTER BY HON. JUSTICE INYANG OKORO TO THE  HON. CHIEF JUSTICE OF NIGERIA.

I have read in the social media and several newspapers  since the night of Tuesday, October 18, 2016, a letter purportedly written by Honourable Justice John I Okoro, JSC, and addressed  to the Honourable Chief Justice of Nigeria and Chairman, National Judicial Council.

In the said letter, Justice Okoro alleged that I led Mr Umana O. Umana to visit with him in his residence without giving any details of such visit. Many reactions have followed. I’m constrained to make this statement for record purposes.

1. I have known, in adult context, Hon Justice  Okoro for more than three decades now. He is my brother;

2. We mutually visit each other in our homes, sometimes physically walking across in there. We also  attend each other’s functions;

3. For example, in November 2014 when my son married in Lagos, my brother, Justice Okoro, spent three days with us for the event in Lagos despite his crowded schedule as a Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria. I remember very well that ‘politicians ‘ from Akwa Ibom State did not find it fit to  attend the landmark event;

4. I have never led anyone to Justice Okoro nor attended any meeting in his house where the issue of bribery, corruption of any kind or perversion of justice was discussed. Of course, I could never have and will never contemplate such as it is against my personal principles informed by my relationship with the Almighty God. I stand always for the truth, integrity and fairness;

5. I live and work above politics and partisanship. I strive for a greater Nigeria and Akwa Ibom State and not the destruction of anyone or institution;

6. It is so sad for me watching strong ties of relationships and blossoming careers built on handwork being eroded by ‘politics’; and

7. Let me repeat the prayer I shared with Justice Okoro’s family the moment I heard about the sad event, based on 2 Thessalonians 1:6 – ‘since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you’.

Ebebe A Ukpong
October 20, 2016.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/10/pastor-ukpong-denies-visiting-justice-okoro-with-umana/

Lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: Pastor Ukpong Denies Visiting Justice Okoro With Umana by ChappyChase: 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2016
Era of blames and counter blame.
Re: Pastor Ukpong Denies Visiting Justice Okoro With Umana by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
Confusion Everywhere grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ukpong Denies Visiting Justice Okoro With Umana by Clerverly: 4:45pm On Oct 20, 2016
See The disgraced Justice Inyang Okoro, discussing bribe with Akpabio.

1 Share

Re: Pastor Ukpong Denies Visiting Justice Okoro With Umana by Max24: 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2016
The Pastor has not categorically denied what the judge said. He is simply choosing his words. Let Umana and Ameachi sue the judge for defamation if they are sure they never tried to pervert justice. Maybe other judges so visited are waiting to make their revelations.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ukpong Denies Visiting Justice Okoro With Umana by comos: 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2016
for the Pastor to even acknowledge that the judge is a family friend, then there is an element of truth in what the judge is saying

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ukpong Denies Visiting Justice Okoro With Umana by onomeasike: 5:08pm On Oct 20, 2016
Max24:
The Pastor has not categorically denied what the judge said. He is simply choosing his words. Let Umana and Ameachi sue the judge for defamation if they are sure they never tried to pervert justice. Maybe other judges so visited are waiting to make their revelations.
What then is this?

"4. I have never led anyone to Justice Okoro nor attended any meeting in his house where the issue of bribery, corruption of any kind or perversion of justice was discussed. Of course, I could never have and will never contemplate such as it is against my personal principles informed by my relationship with the Almighty God. I stand always for the truth, integrity and fairness;"

Are you sure that you can read at all Mr Ipob youth? Olodo rabata oshi

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Ukpong Denies Visiting Justice Okoro With Umana by psucc(m): 5:11pm On Oct 20, 2016
Don't know if I am alone here, haven't seen or seem to understand in the context where Pastor Ukpong denied the meeting as captured by the topic.
Re: Pastor Ukpong Denies Visiting Justice Okoro With Umana by Alexk2(m): 5:11pm On Oct 20, 2016
This is just 'exodus'; 'revelation' is still far far. ...keep it rolling in; we must get to the root of the matter.

Corruption; not in my country.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ukpong Denies Visiting Justice Okoro With Umana by Opinedecandid(m): 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
Cheap talks.

How I so wish the Governor was telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

But I think Justice Okoro spoke some mind-boggling truth to have earned this kind of reaction.
Re: Pastor Ukpong Denies Visiting Justice Okoro With Umana by NextGovernor(m): 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
Clerverly:
See The disgraced Justice Inyang Okoro, discussing bribe with Akpabio.

Sometime use your brain. You are been paid per post does not mean you should lost your sense.

Back to topic. These pastors are always disgracing their selves. So of all 200million Nigerians he just choose to called your name by mistake abi? You all are guilty and I have never seen where criminals will agree they have been stealing. It's either they accompany their friend unknowingly to the scene where they were caught or its their first time in the act they were caught in.

If it was Dasuki that called a name some set of people will believe without caring to even hear from the person but since it's Amaechi their Saint master they are bringing up stupid proofs to repel the claim.. Nonsense.
Re: Pastor Ukpong Denies Visiting Justice Okoro With Umana by Max24: 5:25pm On Oct 20, 2016
onomeasike:

What then is this?

"4. I have never led anyone to Justice Okoro nor attended any meeting in his house where the issue of bribery, corruption of any kind or perversion of justice was discussed. Of course, I could never have and will never contemplate such as it is against my personal principles informed by my relationship with the Almighty God. I stand always for the truth, integrity and fairness;"

Are you sure that you can read at all Mr Ipob youth? Olodo rabata oshi

Who is the olodo between the two of us ? Read again what you highlighted The same pastor admitted to knowing and visiting the judge in the past but not for a criminal visit such as bribing a judge. Do u expect him to admit to being an accessory to a crime ? Why would the judge name his hitherto family friend if it is not true. Why didn't he say Umana came alone. He was simply making a statement of fact.
Re: Pastor Ukpong Denies Visiting Justice Okoro With Umana by hannyjay(f): 5:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
Max24:

Who is the olodo between the two of us ? Read again what you highlighted The same pastor admitted to knowing and visiting the judge in the past but not for a criminal visit such as bribing a judge. Do u expect him to admit to being an accessory to a crime ? Why would the judge name his hitherto family friend if it is not true. Why didn't he say Umana came alone. He was simply making a statement of fact.
shut up
Re: Pastor Ukpong Denies Visiting Justice Okoro With Umana by rooftech: 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2016
Justice Okoro in his letter said Dr. Ebebe Ukpong was not happy with Umana Okon Umana for offering to bribe Justice Okoro. The letter already exonerated Dr. ukpong. Just as he has said ' It is sad for me watching strong ties of relationships and blossoming careers built on handwork being eroded by politics. Please let's also note that Ebebe Ukpong, PhD has not denied visiting any Justice Okoro with anyone. I strongly believe it is For all intents and purposes.

(1) (Reply)

El-rufai/atiku Fight Breaks Open, Rocks APC Foundation / Suspected Rapist Gets The Beating Of His Life / Breaking News: Former Governor Of Niger State Engr Kure Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.