Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,323 members, 7,954,300 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:19 PM

Do You Have Blogging Goals? This Is Why Must Set Them - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Do You Have Blogging Goals? This Is Why Must Set Them (420 Views)

7 Biggest Blogging Mistakes Beginner Bloggers Must Avoid / 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging / 10 Must Have Blogging Widgets For Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have Blogging Goals? This Is Why Must Set Them by MaverickExcel1(m): 11:01am On Oct 21, 2016
WHAT ARE YOUR BLOGGING GOALS?

Lemme guess?

This is not what you were expecting me to write.

You may wonder why you need a blog goal.

Setting goals for your blog is very vital to your blog success.

consider what you want to achieve with your blog in 6 to 12 months and then commit to it. Set SMART (specific, measureable, attainable, relevant and time-bound) goals that motivate you and write them down to make them feel tangible.

Then plan the steps you must take to realize your goal, and cross off each one as you work through them.

Whatever your blog goals are, they should be people centered. Making money is important but it should be at the bottom of your goals.

In fact personally, making money from my blog is not part of my blog goals. I believe that making money from your blog is a byproduct of doing the right things consistently

Try as much as possible to be specific in your goals.

It could be these:
-Get 1,000 readers monthly
-Increase my email subscribers to 1000
-create my first premium product after one month of blogging.
-Interview 50 experts for my blog every month (something I wished I was doing)
-Publish 4 guests posts every month
-Etc

Those are just random goals I came up with.

Make sure, your goals are for the ultimate growth of your blog.

Don't waste your time doing what will not help you in the long run.

Your objectives should be concise and measurable so you’ll be able to determine whether or not you’ve met them.

Setting goals for your blog gives you clarity and direction. At every point in time, you'd know what is important and stick to it.

You won't be running to nowhere fast.

Your goals should also go hand in hand with your BIG WHY.

If the reason of starting your blog was to enlighten young women about abortion and pregnancy, then your blog goals should in line with your why.

It could be to build a community of 10,000 enlightened young women in three years. Then work towards it.

Let your goals serve as a blueprint or map to your success.

And whenever you're loosing focus, go back to the drawing board and see where you're missing it.

This may not sound interesting but take your time and list out 5 goals for your blog, evaluate if they are SMART goals and also go in line with your why.

This is something I asked my clients to do before ever working with them.

If you don't have goals, you'd be doing lots of things wrongly and guess what, you'd be a struggling blogger for a long time.

Now, your goals do not have to be perfect. You can tweak it every now and then. Add, remove or modify your goals.

But everything you do MUST be for the ultimate goal of giving immense value to your community.

If you've been blogging for a long time and nobody has ever sent you an email telling you how your blog has changed their lives, attitudes or mindset, then you need to check if actually you're doing the right thing.

Yeah! Positive feedbacks are usually indications of doing the right thing.

Goals should be a personal thing but if you would, you can share it with me in the comment box below.

Or send it to my inbox to help you evaluate it. I promise, I won't judge you even if all your blog goals is to make money...Lol

I'm excited about your success.

Follow the hash tag below to follow all my tips on blogging.

#MaverickBlogTips

(1) (Reply)

Start With 1k And Earn More Daily / How To Get A Dollar Master Card In Nigeria With GTB Bank / Affordable And Professional Web Design?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.