Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible (16687 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Seening A Prophet For A Wife Confirmation How True? / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nezan(m): 11:57am On Oct 26, 2009
^^^ . . . I wonder why the guy is not content with washing his privates in order to be saved? aint it funny? washing your privates to be saved or been saved with the blood of Jesus . .
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by olabowale(m): 12:15pm On Oct 26, 2009
@sleek29; « #33 on: Today at 10:47:44 AM »  
@ abuzola, do you  have a problem with simple english, someone said My Father and I are one meaning there's no difference between him and the Father just as your mind and body are one, they specifically took up stones to stone him because the phrase meant He made himself equal with God, God's Spirit was in Him, ask any jewish rabbi, he'll tell you the same thing.
You sleek dont know the litmus test of possibility of being one and you confused "in Him" to mean just that. Well they are not and here is why; from human understanding, a father and son are not the same in the eye of the Mrs (Wife and mother) and even in the eye of others like (the father's other children and sibling of the son, etc). I can give you a ton of example, but I will stick with Mother of the son, the woman who is the wife of the father; the son cant mount her as father will, and the father never was a fetus inside her womb, while the son was! Now you get the reality? Finally, every human leader guided by God, as a messenger, or prophet (AS) of God, examples are Nuh (Noah), Ibrahim (Abraham), Musa (Moses), Isa bin Mariam (Jesus son of Mary), and Muhammad (AS to all, just to name a few) had God "Spirit as in whatever it is since God is the Only One Who knows what that means", and I am not going to second guess but very certain that it is not like the visual thing of "mouth to mouth"wink, had God Spirit in him!

And I know a lot of Jews, including Rabbis of ultra conservative, no one of them will accept your premise, the reason they, according to the Bible stoned him, since "spirit in Him" is not the same blasphemous statement "are one" as it was taken to mean equating himself to the "Unseen, Irresistable, Supreme being", while they saw through him as a human being who could "not do anything out of his own power!"

God is a Spirit, His Spirit lived in Christ and Christ promised another comforter, alos(another of the same kind) parakletos, the same Spirit that dwelled in Christ is the Holy Spirit(John 8:11).
Read the response, above. He was not the only one God Spirit ever lived in. Moses was a clear example, yet he died and you can not say that God's Spirit died with him! How many Spirits of God were or are there, except the One  which is indivisible? I thought the "another" Comforter would be different from Jesus? And if one was already living inside Jesus, while he was promising a future one, then did that one living inside him get out and come back as another? This will show that there will be a time, based on your statement that Jesus would have no God's spirit inside him, at least when he the another was here, and while he was talking promising the another, that spirit was right there with him; a proposal that opposes the other and the OT belief that there is always that spirit of God in existence, while you may have to tell us there are many spirits of God around, my other reason for labelling you as a multigod worshipper!

So its simple, God is an unseen being(spirit), that unseen being(spirit) lived in Jesus, and is now living in the Church which is the body of Christ(romans 8:14), Christ being the first born of the new creation(those that are led by the Spirit of God)
This make any sense to you? The church that did not come from the mouth of Jesus, who knew Jewish Temple/ synagogue only? If God is Unseen, how is Jesus a clearly seen entity man is termed to be God to you? Whats the first born of the new creation, when there is a continuum of the creation of man, without any interruption from Adam till now and I predict, inshaAllah a no interruption, until the last generation. This is completely ridiculous!    

@luvola: « #34 on: Today at 11:18:37 AM »  
@ sleek - d guy is lost already.
Luvola, it is sleek29 and you who are clearly lost in this argument. Read with your mind. See with your inner eye!
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nezan(m): 12:23pm On Oct 26, 2009
You sleek dont know the litmus test of possibility of being one and you confused "in Him" to mean just that. Well they are not and here is why; from human understanding, a father and son are not the same in the eye of the Mrs (Wife and mother) and even in the eye of others like (the father's other children and sibling of the son, etc). I can give you a ton of example, but I will stick with Mother of the son, the woman who is the wife of the father; the son cant mount her as father will, and the father never was a fetus inside her womb, while the son was! Now you get the reality? Finally, every human leader guided by God, as a messenger, or prophet (AS) of God, examples are Nuh (Noah), Ibrahim (Abraham), Musa (Moses), Isa bin Mariam (Jesus son of Mary), and Muhammad (AS to all, just to name a few) had God "Spirit as in whatever it is since God is the Only One Who knows what that means", and I am not going to second guess but very certain that it is not like the visual thing of "mouth to mouth"wink, had God Spirit in him!
You can never understand Christianity with a muslim mind, because why muslims worship allah in the body, we Christians worship God in Truth and spirit.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nezan(m): 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2009
And I know a lot of Jews, including Rabbis of ultra conservative, no one of them will accept your premise, the reason they, according to the Bible stoned him, since "spirit in Him" is not the same blasphemous statement "are one" as it was taken to mean equating himself to the "Unseen, Irresistable, Supreme being", while they saw through him as a human being who could "not do anything out of his own power!"
How do you expect any Rabbi to accept this fact when the Jews killed Jesus 2000 years ago for this same fact: claiming equality with God?

That is the uniqueness about Jesus . . . no living soul, before or after Him has ever claimed this!!
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by luvola(m): 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2009
@ olab - must u wash yur private part,hand,leg b 4 yur delude allah accept yur prayer ? u and yur slaves are lost. u better accept jesus in yur life
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by olabowale(m): 12:36pm On Oct 26, 2009
@Nezan: « #35 on: Today at 11:57:05 AM »  
^^^ . . . I wonder why the guy is not content with washing his privates in order to be saved? aint it funny? washing your privates to be saved or been saved with the blood of Jesus . .
The funnier stuff is thinking that somebody's blood will save you! There was no transfusion of the blood into your vein and its been long any how; 2000 years, it should have caked by now. No? And he was not willing to shed any blood for anyone, in the first place and by every account, it does not help you, if you belief in it, without worshipping The Creator in the way He says He prescribe for you; Jesus himself worship that God. And the God worshipped by Jesus said in the Quran was not killed and was not crucified!

Nezan, I hope you do wash your's sometimes. Otherwise your stench will be ying-yang by now. And I am grateful to Allah that I will never understand Christianity. While you claim to worship God in Truth and Spirit, whats He called in your tribal tongue; God still, since you are not an English man, you are using Triple (in the tradition of 3) standards in your argument! What do you think Yusuf Islam calls Allah when he speaks his British Cocnie Lingo (English man to English with his British Muslim friend), except God? What will a Christian Arab calls God when he is talking in Arabic to his Arab Christian friend, except Allah? What do you think the Muslims in your Tribe will call God in conversation with an Ashante Muslim, except Allah, and what will Port Harcourt broken speakers call Allah in Broken English when he is talking to equally expert broken english speaker from Benin city, except God?

Man, you should improve in your thining!
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nezan(m): 12:38pm On Oct 26, 2009
Read the response, above. He was not the only one God Spirit ever lived in. Moses was a clear example, yet he died and you can not say that God's Spirit died with him! How many Spirits of God were or are there, except the One  which is indivisible? I thought the "another" Comforter would be different from Jesus? And if one was already living inside Jesus, while he was promising a future one, then did that one living inside him get out and come back as another? This will show that there will be a time, based on your statement that Jesus would have no God's spirit inside him, at least when he the another was here, and while he was talking promising the another, that spirit was right there with him; a proposal that opposes the other and the OT belief that there is always that spirit of God in existence, while you may have to tell us there are many spirits of God around, my other reason for labelling you as a multigod worshipper!
Moses never claimed equality with God . . . . because he was not Deity as Jesus, he never claim ability to forgive sins . . because he was not Deity as Jesus. . .

. . . and did mohammed ever claim to be the holy spirit? did he forgive sins? definately not, because he knew his claims to prophethood were based on falsehoods!!
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nezan(m): 12:49pm On Oct 26, 2009
This make any sense to you? The church that did not come from the mouth of Jesus, who knew Jewish Temple/ synagogue only? If God is Unseen, how is Jesus a clearly seen entity man is termed to be God to you? Whats the first born of the new creation, when there is a continuum of the creation of man, without any interruption from Adam till now and I predict, inshaAllah a no interruption, until the last generation. This is completely ridiculous!
Dont you know Jesus taught that our hearts are God's temple? Jesus clearly taught that God's temple is not in synagogues or as you ignorantly believe . . . our hearts are God's Temple.

Why are you so obsessed with Jesus, the Christ and his Deity? will mohammed be able to under go a quater of what Jesus did? no, because his paedophillic, murderous, lying etc etc self was too sinful before God. If Jesus was man, why did He claim to be God? a muslim mind will never fathom that it was necessary for Christ to come in human form to be killed for our sins . . . a blameless sacrifice from God, the Father for the salvation of mindkind.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nezan(m): 12:58pm On Oct 26, 2009
The funnier stuff is thinking that somebody's blood will save you! There was no transfusion of the blood into your vein and its been long any how; 2000 years, it should have caked by now. No? And he was not willing to shed any blood for anyone, in the first place and by every account, it does not help you, if you belief in it,
You will not know because you worship one of the idols in the kaaba then, one idol called allah, who did not create the world, who did not know that man falled into sin through Adam, one who did not know that it was necessary to save man from satan since the fall, who did not know that since sin came into the world through one man, it was necessary for a blood sacrifice from a blameless man to be offered to attone for our sins? how will you know when you wash your private parts, thinking that it will free you from sin?
without worshipping The Creator in the way He says He prescribe for you; Jesus himself worship that God. And the God worshipped by Jesus said in the Quran was not killed and was not crucified!
If mohammed could not know his destiny after the hereafter, why should I care about the lies he wrote in the koran anyway?
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nezan(m): 1:02pm On Oct 26, 2009
Nezan, I hope you do wash your's sometimes. Otherwise your stench will be ying-yang by now
Tufiakwa!!!! Jesus blood is sufficient for me!!!
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by luvola(m): 1:05pm On Oct 26, 2009
must u face d idol kabbah b 4 allah accept yur prayer ?
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by luvola(m): 1:06pm On Oct 26, 2009
must u face d idol kabbah b 4 allah accept yur prayer ?
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2009
@sleek- Whats wrong with u people, when it comes to the truth about the bible you either say it is a proverb or context, now you guys didn't apply the above theory to the saying of jesus that he is abba (father). Christrianity na fraud
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 1:37pm On Oct 26, 2009
@luvola, has the war began ?
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by luvola(m): 1:53pm On Oct 26, 2009
3rd world war just begin @ abu
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 11:21pm On Oct 26, 2009
But why, did i offend you, you are being unfair
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by oiseworld: 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2009
Muslims are too blind to understand spiritual matters.
That your alfa that sits on animal skin will tell you he is subject to the name of Jesus.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Matthew 16;16
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 [And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

what else do you need Abuzola, don't be mislead by like ur boko haram brothers
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by petres007(m): 6:47pm On Oct 27, 2009
Nezan:

How do you expect any Rabbi to accept this fact when the Jews killed Jesus 2000 years ago for this same fact: claiming equality with God?

That is the uniqueness about Jesus . . . no living soul, before or after Him has ever claimed this!!

[size=14pt]Wish to add here that Jesus Christ also proved his claim to divinity![/size]

These past few years for me as a christian, have been a little shaky. Had to offload much of the crap I'd believed without any questions whatsoever for years. In the process I did a little research about the plausibility of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. What I found has strengthened my faith in him more than I can possibly tell.

May his name be praised forever!

[size=5pt][no apologies to abuzola and co grin][/size]
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 8:57pm On Oct 27, 2009
What a pity, jesus was the saviour of the people in his time, just like moses and co in their time. Did jesus told you that he will save you i.e the kater xtrian ? The answer is NO
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by theseeker2: 11:17pm On Oct 27, 2009
Nezan and friends, can any of you explain what jesus meant when he said to his disciples
'i am returning to my Father [/b]and [b]your Father, my God [/b]and [b]your God'
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Indirah(m): 11:50pm On Oct 27, 2009
Jesus is God. QED.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by theseeker2: 1:03am On Oct 28, 2009
Indirah?:

Jesus is God. QED.

Am i suprised by your response? No!
If all the xtians on NL were to gather together, they can never answer my request, cos the meaning is so plain and free from ambiguity.
Here jesus uses the simplest of language to explain his relatioship with God. He uses the power of similie
just as God is our Father so is he that of Jesus. Just as he is our God, so is he Jesus God
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nobody: 1:05am On Oct 28, 2009
the_seeker:

Nezan and friends, can any of you explain what jesus meant when he said to his disciples
'i am returning to my Father [/b]and [b]your Father, my God [/b]and [b]your God'

i would have tried to explain, but then i realised you're an islamobot programmed to read the bible upside down.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by theseeker2: 1:13am On Oct 28, 2009
you see! Another response from our dear Davidylan. Not suprised!
u will never be able to answer even if you tried
the challange is on!
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 28, 2009
the_seeker:

you see! Another response from our dear Davidylan. Not suprised!
u will never be able to answer even if you tried
the challange is on!

I'm not interested in answering. Wonder why muslims are so obsessed with the bible anyway, where did you drop your quran?
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by theseeker2: 1:22am On Oct 28, 2009
davidylan:

I'm not interested in answering. Wonder why muslims are so obsessed with the bible anyway, where did you drop your quran?

u are such a weakling. I trust Nezan will give it a shot no matter how remote
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Recognise: 2:10am On Oct 28, 2009
the_seeker:

'I am returning to my Father [/b]and [b]your Father, my God [/b]and [b]your God'

Am going to make this as snappy as can be

If you for a moment, you were All Powerful (i.e. can do and undo anything)

Obviously because you’re all powerful, you can be in two places at the same time and in two forms

From your balcony, noticed a hawk two block aways from your yard.

Your cockrel, hen with her brood of chicken are unaware of yheir exposure to a loomimg danger

For the sake of coherence., the most effective way to communicate the imminent danger  to them will be to become a chicken.

Communicated  the danger in cluck-cluck language without causing alarm or distress.

Mission now accomplished. You’re about to return to the balcony and revert back to your old self

You address the chickens:

“I am returning to "you-know-who" up in the balcony, your "you-know-who", My "Blankety-blank", your "Blankety-blank"

"You-know-who" & "Blankety-blank" is the chap on the balcony, that momentarily came about as a chicken for a purpose

the same one person in different forms and statuses

An head of state in military uniform is a person, the same as a husband at home is a person to his wife, the same as a father is a person to his kids, the same as a neighbour is a person to those living next door etc

Same person with different personalities, except this head of state cant pull it off like GOD does and/or can . . .

GOD the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost!

'I am returning to my Father [/b]and [b]your Father, my God [/b]and [b]your God'

Sorry for the keep-it-short-simple blitz
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nobody: 2:52am On Oct 28, 2009
@LUVOLA,i just pity you,dnt u know being a xtian ure already condermed to hellfire,ure here blabbing,so you now have power to attack but uve been begging to stop the war before this,probably u dnt av enough information about the two religion and now that they've fed u with nuff lies as usual,so ur bones are strong to argue, you are highly welcome tongue
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by theseeker2: 8:26am On Oct 28, 2009
@Recognize, are you sane at all? What are you blabbing about.  Your god is not powerful enough to communicate that he has to become a chicken to talk to chickens. A true creator is supposed to understand the language of chickens better than chickens. This trinity thing really turns you guys to retards.
Meanwhile you have still not answered my question.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Abuzola(m): 9:39am On Oct 28, 2009
Lol, nice one 'THE SEEKER'.
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Recognise: 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2009
The_Seeker:

@Recognize, are you sane at all?

What are you blabbing about.  Your God is not powerful enough to communicate that he has to become a chicken to talk to chickens.

A true creator is supposed to understand the language of chickens better than chickens.

This trinity thing really turns you guys to retards.

Meanwhile you have still not answered my question.

@The_Seeker

You obviously havent found what you are looking for seeking . . .

I am as sane as the next person

Come off it, that was a crude analogy, an unrefined attempt using the chicken scene to explain your query

Have you had the experience of trying to warn chickens of imminent danger but ended up spooking them

You obviously arent privvy to the rule of law set down concerning legally existing, living and operating on Earth

Who mentioned trinity? Certainly I didnt. You made an assumptions there

It takes one retard to recognise another retard . . .

Yeshua was using a figurative language in John 20:17 (i.e. " . . . returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God)
Re: Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible by Nezan(m): 1:44pm On Oct 28, 2009
'i am returning to my Father and your Father, my God and your God'
In as much as I know you will not take your time to rationally read this because of the way your islamic mind is programmed, I will just explain it for the benefit of others. When we call Jesus Son of God, what do you think is the implication? the simple implication is that God is His father . . . or are you too dumb to understand? The Son and the Father are also of one essence, see John 14:10 Jesus said, "I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the work . . . . This means that since the son is in the Faather and the Father is God, the Son is also God, and he received his divinity through his been of one essence with the Father. His calling the Father His God i just a form of respect, because He derived His divinity out of the Father.

You muslims are slaves of allah, but for us Christians, we are worthy to call God our Father because Jesus, the Son redeemed us with His innocent blood and brought us to the Father, that is why we can now proudly call him our Father.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians / A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work / Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.