Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Paedophilia, One Nation Two Laws - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Paedophilia, One Nation Two Laws (927 Views)

The Truth About Why Nigeria Remained One Nation, Who Was Behind It And Why / We’re Better Off Together As One Nation — Osinbajo / Is Nigeria Really One Nation? By Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paedophilia, One Nation Two Laws by Aguoru122: 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2016
Paedophilia, One nation two laws

By Uche Aguoru

As Nigerians are basking in the euphoria of the release of the 21 Chibok girls, which many political watchers has described as a well scripted home video with the title the "KIDNAP OF THE CHIBOK GIRLS " the actors had successfully acted it out in different seasons and scenes till this concluding part captioned THE RETURN OF CHIBOK 21 where I saw Mr. President address the public for the first time in a very sober and emotionally laden tongue devoid of his usual warning stance on how he will deal with any one who dared to test his resolve.

While I congratulate the APC on the successful premiere of that movie the Return of CHIBOK 21 I want to bring our attention to a very disturbing trend that has gone on for ages unchecked leaving the victims who are usually minors and females in a state of total emotional and psychological disrepair.

Just a few months back we all followed the story of how Yinusa Yellow eloped with Ese Oruru a minor from Bayelsa to kano,barred her parents from seeing her, changed her religion and name,forced her into marriage with the full connivance and support of his family and religious leaders who went ahead to conduct a wedding without the consent of the parents of the girl knowing very well that she is a minor and incapable of taking responsibilities over her action at that age, his supporters and co-travellers in the inhuman,wicked, irresponsible and barbaric act of paedophilia backed it up the with sharia law that gave them the power to dehumanise and ravage an under aged girl in the name of marriage.

While the involution of the Emir of Kano in the unholy union between Yinusa and Ese Oruru cannot be clearly ascertained as the Emir of Kano Alhaji Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was quick to deny any involvement in the barbarous exogamy as soon as it became public knowledge and rights groups began to agitate for the release of the minor.

There are several of this devilish misalliances taking place every other day in the northern part of Nigeria, which has been going unnoticed or unannounced by the parents or relatives of the girl child for fear of being victimised or even killed and are definitely sure that they are not going to get any protection or help from the law enforcement agents.

But the most terrifying is the latest by the Emir of Katsina Alhaji Abdulmumini Kabir who was defending the adoption, forcible conversion and forceful marriage of a 14 year old Habiba Isiyaku a Christian and a minor by one of the emirs relatives and the Emir's closest aide Jamilu Lawal right inside his palace.

Inline with our extant laws on the rights of a child or a minor “Section 21 of the Child’s Rights Act stipulates that no person shall remove or take a child out of the custody or protection of his father,mother or guardian against the will of the father, mother or guardian" under this very act any marriage so contracted is null, void and of no effect under the law, but the question again is under which law? The sharia law or the laws of the federal republic of Nigeria.

I find it therefore extremely difficult to come to terms with the learned Emirs position that the minor was not forced into such a marriage, what is more disturbing is the fact that such irreverence and depredation on the 14 year old Habiba is being done right inside the Emirs palace, the position of the commissioner of police in this issue leaves me confused as to which statute book the country,s legal system is predicated upon.

The police in all the cases raised in the northern part of Nigeria has taken a position of CAN,T HELP based on the laws as established by the Sharia legal system, but if such a case is established in the southern part of Nigeria the law and the society will waste no time in dealing severe blows on whoever is involved in violating the rights of the girl child as Paedophilia is perceived not only as a crime against humanity and society but a sacrilege.

And that brings us to the question, Are we running on different standards and different laws under one constitution in a given society?

Aguoru
Writes from Umuahia

1 Like

Re: Paedophilia, One Nation Two Laws by ezechueze(m): 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2016
OK
Re: Paedophilia, One Nation Two Laws by MizCharm: 11:16pm On Oct 21, 2016
Cc
Seun,lala and co
This ñeeds to be discussed. Pls push to front page.
Re: Paedophilia, One Nation Two Laws by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 21, 2016
Hnnnn I see so much sense in this
Re: Paedophilia, One Nation Two Laws by sakalisis(m): 5:42am On Oct 22, 2016
iTired ooo
Re: Paedophilia, One Nation Two Laws by jesse8048(m): 6:11am On Oct 22, 2016
North behave lik a cursed land.
Re: Paedophilia, One Nation Two Laws by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:03am On Oct 22, 2016
Evil is always found in the hearts of these Emirs!!

You wonder if they even know how Satan operates!! Cos they represent Satan in all their doings more than God...

Same Emir can't allow his 18yr daughter to marry a christian!!
Re: Paedophilia, One Nation Two Laws by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:16am On Oct 22, 2016
The Nigerian police in its entirety is the most useless organisation worldwide. A minor can't give consent , and the more useless CLO's are silent, because it is not about a Southerner they can politicise.
Shame on that Emir
Shame on the northern governors
Shame on their senators and HOR members.
Bunch of useless idiots.

1 Like

Re: Paedophilia, One Nation Two Laws by tdbankplc: 7:21am On Oct 22, 2016
They belong to team heading the ground so they always gonna support the teammate. 1 country 2 laws.
Re: Paedophilia, One Nation Two Laws by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:27am On Oct 22, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
The Nigerian police in its entirety is the most useless organisation worldwide. A minor can't give consent , and the more useless CLO's are silent, because it is not about a Southerner they can politicise.
Shame on that Emir
Shame on the northern governors
Shame on their senators and HOR members.
Bunch of useless idiots.

To even imagine that Buhari's own Emir is the criminal in. Question here is appalling My dear.... !!! Tomorrow someone would say Sharia law cannot be imposed on all Nigerians when it's been in operation for decades!!

1 Like

Re: Paedophilia, One Nation Two Laws by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:35am On Oct 22, 2016
ZKOSOSO:

To even imagine that Buhari's own Emir is the criminal in. Question here is appalling My dear.... !!! Tomorrow someone would say Sharia law cannot be imposed on all Nigerians when it's been in operation for decades!!
What people don't understand is that culture is dynamic.
To even think that this will be allowed to die a natural death is alarming.
I won't be surprised if the girls father dies mysteriously.
A 14yr old girl, some people have no shame
Re: Paedophilia, One Nation Two Laws by meccuno: 7:40am On Oct 22, 2016
I think I don't really blame the North for these things because it has been inbuilt in them and would never change. If not, why would they still be educationally disadvantaged for over 40 years even with the help of quota system and federal character. Nothing was given to the igbos after Þhe war,they worked for it. I say this with all sense of responsibility. Southerners are the biggest foo.ls I have ever seen. The wealth of this Nation both human and natural resources are created by them,but managed by the people who lack what it takes. This story only shows how we would move as a nation if we are continually held down by a group of people who are not interested in the well being of this Nation but holding on to power. Whatever you might think or believe,Nigeria is help by forces who doesn't want our success. This case of paedophilia only shows their mindset. And its not leadership,its anti-intellectualism.
Re: Paedophilia, One Nation Two Laws by BossKratos: 7:52am On Oct 22, 2016
There is nothing worse on this earth than being a confused muslim!

undecided

(1) (Reply)

Late Sir Ahmadu Bello Sardaunan Sokoto / PHOTOS: Women Protest Against Rejection Of Jegede's Candidacy By INEC / See How Decently Dressed Our First Ladies Look Th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.