Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,609 members, 7,955,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:27 PM

We Don’t Need To Steal Your Ideas, Buhari’s Daughter Tells BBOG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don’t Need To Steal Your Ideas, Buhari’s Daughter Tells BBOG (568 Views)

Fayose: I Don’t Need Police, DSS Protection Again / Hadiza Buhari-Bello Replies Ezekwesili, BBOG: We Don’t Need To Steal Your Ideas / President Buhari’s Daughter, Halima's Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Don’t Need To Steal Your Ideas, Buhari’s Daughter Tells BBOG by lokobyforch(m): 6:30am On Oct 22, 2016
The Africa Support and Empowerment Initiative (AFRISEI), a non-governmental organisation (NGO), says it does not need to steal ideas from the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) movement to contribute it’s own assistance to the Chibok community.

Hadiza Buhari-Bello, president of AFRISEI and President Muhammadu Buhari’s daughter, and Don Uche, its secretary, said this on Friday while reacting to a statement from the BBOG movement that it used the #BringBackOurGirls franchise at a fundraising event.

They said the more organisations contribute their assistance to the Chibok community and other devastated areas, the better for the country.

“[We have no reason] to steal anything from BBOG or use its name to achieve any advantage,” the statement by AFRISEI read.

“The Africa Support and Empowerment Initiative has its own defined objectives and it didn’t need to steal anybody’s ideas to operate in line with its own objectives.

“Given the size of the problem at hand, the more organisations we have assisting Chibok and other devastated communities, the better for the country.

“It is also committed to supporting the education of the less-privileged students, giving material support to the downtrodden; the internally displaced persons.

“AFRISEI is committed to educating the masses to discourage unhealthy practices such as child trafficking, child abuse, child labour and gender discrimination.”

They said there was no law stopping their organisation from assisting the Chibok girls.

The NGO further said that as a charity organisation, they help people in distress, including the Chibok girls and victims of the Boko Haram insurgency.

https://www.thecable.ng/we-dont-need-to-steal-your-ideas-buharis-daughter-tells-bbog
Re: We Don’t Need To Steal Your Ideas, Buhari’s Daughter Tells BBOG by talktonase(m): 6:32am On Oct 22, 2016
Everything Na office for this life...
Re: We Don’t Need To Steal Your Ideas, Buhari’s Daughter Tells BBOG by saintkel(m): 6:34am On Oct 22, 2016
I don't understand what they mean by stealing Ideas. What she is doing is for everyone's good n dats what count
Re: We Don’t Need To Steal Your Ideas, Buhari’s Daughter Tells BBOG by ezechueze(m): 6:36am On Oct 22, 2016
OK
Re: We Don’t Need To Steal Your Ideas, Buhari’s Daughter Tells BBOG by cindyrocks(f): 6:40am On Oct 22, 2016
Hustlers everywhere.
Re: We Don’t Need To Steal Your Ideas, Buhari’s Daughter Tells BBOG by saintfellow(m): 6:44am On Oct 22, 2016
This girl should stay away from the media and controversy.......
she is not the only daughter of buhari.
Re: We Don’t Need To Steal Your Ideas, Buhari’s Daughter Tells BBOG by eph12(m): 7:01am On Oct 22, 2016
saintkel:
I don't understand what they mean by stealing Ideas. What she is doing is for everyone's good n dats what count
What madam Oby said was that the group is self funded and don't like the idea of using the name to raise funds especially by those not part of it. I think I understand her angle because if something goes wrong with this money raised bbog will be mentioned and people get off insulting oby for no just cause.
Re: We Don’t Need To Steal Your Ideas, Buhari’s Daughter Tells BBOG by menxer: 7:44am On Oct 22, 2016
Meaning it was their idea that the girls be abducted so that they can make a franchise out of it.
Ok, I see!

(1) (Reply)

Is People Democratic Party (PDP) Still An Opposition Party To The Ruling Party? / Finally: Fg Releases Details Of Money Released For 2016 Budget – Must Read / PHOTOS: VP Osinbajo At Nigeria Stock Exchange In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.