Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? (1885 Views)

Adeosun And Gwarzo Meet Reps, Refuse To Shift Grounds / Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) / Governors Pass Vote Of Confidence On Adeosun And Udoma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by 989900D: 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2016
In the words of Benjamin Franklin, “Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do”, OTOH, Michel de Montaigne opines “We need very strong ears to hear ourselves judged frankly, and because there are few who can endure frank criticism without being stung by it, those who venture to criticize us perform a remarkable act of friendship, for to undertake to wound or offend a man for his own good is to have a healthy love for him.”

Gleaning from the above, while criticism in itself is a good thing when done constructively by those who truly understand a situation, it can also be an act of foolishness when done by people who have little or no idea about the subject matter.

Having our harsh economic realities in mind, which is unfortunately further exposed by fall in oil prices (which should not have been a big issue if we did the right things from before), I believe Kemi Adeosun has done very reasonably well in managing the finances of Nigeria. I was initially skeptical about her appointment, and would have preferred some other candidates at the time like I wrote about last year, but she has really turned up, and if things pan out, she 'might' as well go on to be the best Finance minister this country has ever had.

From blocking financial loopholes and lavish spendings, to wooing foreign investors, trying to boost our infrastructural deficits, . . . I am of the opinion that in few months from now, if complemented by smart monetary policies and regulatory oversight by the CBN, her relentlessness will bear substantial results.

I do not want to use this medium to elaborate on what she has done so far, rather, as a medium to delve into what her applauders and critics alike think she could have done differently, or better, or left undone.

Personally, my main criticism of her and the PMB administration in general, is the pedestrian pace approach in the face of ravaging economic fire.

“When virtues are pointed out first, flaws seem less insurmountable.”
– Judith Martin

“Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.”
– Neil Gaiman

Question: What would you have done differently?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by asorocker: 1:43pm On Oct 22, 2016
I would have humbly resigned and gone back to my commissioner position in Ogun state instead of putting the nation to more economic stress and sufferring of the citizenry,

11 Likes

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by DickDastardly(m): 1:45pm On Oct 22, 2016
asorocker:
I would have humbly resigned and gone back to my commissioner position in Ogun state instead of putting the nation to more economic stress and sufferring of the citizenry,
God bless you

9 Likes

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by DickDastardly(m): 1:48pm On Oct 22, 2016
The problem is not Kemi, but the obstinate stubborn old dauura goat who heeds no advice. God never sleeps and he'd surely arrest this situation soonest than Zombies think.
Down with the senseless tyrant! cool

3 Likes

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by vanbonattel: 1:49pm On Oct 22, 2016
I would have called Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla to rescue me from this quagmire

8 Likes

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by 989900D: 2:03pm On Oct 22, 2016
“Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.”
– Neil Gaiman

5 Likes

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by talktonase(m): 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2016
Nigerians like to listen to British accent but it is sad the English is not helping change the economy.MADAM! carry your load back to ogun state.

1 Like

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by Sibrah: 2:08pm On Oct 22, 2016
asorocker:
You lack understanding of the situation and so you are not qualified to imagine yourself resigning. Adeosun didn't crash fuel price and didn't force us to be dependent on oil. She has given all the advice a good economist would av given and taken all the steps any would av taken.
It may interest you to know that Nigeria between 2002 and 2014 spent $217.2B defending the Naira by auctioning forex dollar at low rate. About 52% of that figure was expended under the watch of Iweala.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by Sibrah: 2:15pm On Oct 22, 2016
talktonase:
Nigerians like to listen to British accent but it is sad the English is not helping change the economy.MADAM! carry your load back to ogun state.
Will her exit provide $217B to keep subsidizing forex with which we can import toothpick and dead chicken?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by Sibrah: 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2016
vanbonattel:
I would have called Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla to rescue me from this quagmire
Iweala's time was characterized by our subsidy of dollar with savings. The OP is simply asking die-hard wailers, where NOI would av gotten average of $15B/yr to subsidize forex and help maintain the illusion that things(imported) are cheap when they are and were in fact expensive?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by talktonase(m): 2:28pm On Oct 22, 2016
Sibrah:
Will her exit provide $217B to keep subsidizing forex with which we can import toothpick and dead chicken?
her primary duty is to disburse funds because her principal is out of ideas with regards to economic advancement and innovation.The all have taken us to the 80's
Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by vedaxcool(m): 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2016
Sibrah:
Iweala's time was characterized by our subsidy of dollar with savings. The OP is simply asking die-hard wailers, where NOI would av gotten average of $15B/yr to subsidize forex and help maintain the illusion that things(imported) are cheap when they are and were in fact expensive?

Gbam gbam gbam you have said it all... How would iweala solve the dollar scarcity that is biting so hard? A problem occasioned by the fall in oil prices and Nigeria's mono-economy.
.Tribalism is a disease it robs it's sufferers of any ounce of wisdom.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by Sibrah: 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2016
talktonase:
her primary duty is to disburse funds because her principal is out of ideas with regards to economic advancement and innovation.The all have taken us to the 80's
How did past gove advance the economy? Please answer that question with out resorting to how oil windfall was spent. Advancement pls . . .

5 Likes

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by vanbonattel: 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2016
Sibrah:

Go tell it to the birds. I don't have time to waste with zombies

3 Likes

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by talktonase(m): 2:38pm On Oct 22, 2016
Sibrah:
How did past gove advance the economy? Please answer that question with out resorting to how oil windfall was spent. Advancement pls . . .
That s the best excuse for you guys! The previous govt the previous govt...shut up and get to work...yea I just remembered you guys are clueless.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by vanbonattel: 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2016
talktonase:
That s the best excuse for you guys! The previous govt the previous govt...shut up and get to work...yea I just remembered you guys are clueless.

The past government is like a nightmare to them. They cannot match anything from the past and so they resort to criticism.

3 Likes

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by vedaxcool(m): 2:44pm On Oct 22, 2016
[s]
vanbonattel:

The past government is like a nightmare to them. They cannot match anything from the past and so they resort to criticism.
[/s]

Read the op and act accordingly.

4 Likes

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by vanbonattel: 2:48pm On Oct 22, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Read the op and act accordingly.

The op? You must be on a serious joking spree grin

3 Likes

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by talktonase(m): 2:48pm On Oct 22, 2016
vanbonattel:

cabinet comprising of clueless mongrels...

2 Likes

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by 989900D: 3:07pm On Oct 22, 2016
This is supposed to bring the best out of intelligent criticizers -- comments we can all learn from.

Probably this should go Frontpage, maybe we could get some constructive criticism.

If you can't proffer alternate solutions -- "abeg carry your wahala and go o", "o saro Monday".

I don't have time for intellectual midgets.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by vedaxcool(m): 3:31pm On Oct 22, 2016
[s]
vanbonattel:

The op? You must be on a serious joking spree grin
[/s]

989900D:
This is supposed to bring the best out of intelligent criticizers -- comments we can all learn from.
Probably this should go Frontpage, maybe we could get some constructive criticism.
If you can't proffer alternate solutions -- "abeg carry your wahala and go o", "o saro Monday".
I don't have time for intellectual midgets.

1 Like

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by 989900D: 12:24pm On Oct 23, 2016
asorocker:

– Neil Gaiman

1 Like

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by 989900D: 12:27pm On Oct 23, 2016
talktonase:

This article is probably less than 400 words, you can do better . . .. It is not about what Nigerians like to listen to, it is about what you as a person would have done, that the present Finance minister is not doing, or doing wrongly.

3 Likes

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by Sealeddeal(m): 1:15pm On Oct 23, 2016
Afonja from West + Boko haram Northerners = Zombie.
I pity Kemi Adeosun. She found herself in the midst of Animals. The certificateless president from Daura , the Mamman Daura, Abba Kyari, Sumaila Funtua will never let her do as she wish.
If I were her, I will resign.

1 Like

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by talktonase(m): 2:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
989900D:

This article is probably less than 400 words, you can do better . . .. It is not about what Nigerians like to listen to, it is about what you as a person would have done, that the present Finance minister is not doing, or doing wrongly.
you don't sound like someone who feels what is happening in the country! You must be in Europe or somewhere sipping cocktail or chapman talking giberrish

2 Likes

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by Kabashin: 2:33pm On Oct 23, 2016
989900D:

Were you just paid to open this silly thread ?

Why not open the floor by telling us what you would have done if you were in your shoes.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by 989900D: 2:37pm On Oct 23, 2016
Kabashin:

Were you just paid to open this silly thread ?

Why not open the floor by telling us what you would have done if you were in your shoes.

Comprehension is not your forte m0ron, I don't have the time for intellectual midgets like you. All the trash you wrote up there ^^ is already addressed in my article; stay on purpose of topic -- use your mind or ship out.

3 Likes

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by Kabashin: 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2016
989900D:

Comprehension is not your forte m0ron, I don't have the time for intellectual midgets like you. All the trash you wrote up there ^^ is already addressed in my article; stay on purpose of topic -- use your mind or ship out.

You said nothing zombie.

1 Like

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by 989900D: 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Afonja from West + Boko haram Northerners = Zombie.
I pity Kemi Adeosun. She found herself in the midst of Animals. The certificateless president from Daura , the Mamman Daura, Abba Kyari, Sumaila Funtua will never let her do as she wish.
If I were her, I will resign.

Exactly, that is the point -- y'all have no clue!

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain, and most fools do”

--Benjamin Franklin

3 Likes

Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by 989900D: 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2016
Kabashin:

You said nothing zombie.
Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by 989900D: 2:48pm On Oct 23, 2016
talktonase:
you don't sound like someone who feels what is happening in the country! You must be in Europe or somewhere sipping cocktail or chapman talking giberrish

That is not the point, nor what the thread is about, neither is indicating frustration is driving the irrational jibes most of you can come up with.

Over 20 comments; not one sensible/insensible alternate position, just jibes and off thread inanities (I ain't got no time for such quibbles) -- I knew none of you could do better than that anyways . . . this was actually a social experiment to prove most people criticizing don't have anything better upstairs as alternate solutions, and that is a real big shame.
Re: Re: Kemi Adeosun And The Economy, What Would You Have Done? by eminikansoso(m): 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2016
The problem is not Kemi but the system she found herself.
How do you expect good results in an organization that was characterized by all forms of saboteur?
Opposition parties are corrupt, ruling party is corrupt, agencies are corrupt, churches and mosque are not excluded talk less of me and you.
During Obj regime Iweala is finance minister, Soludo is CBN governor and Ribadu is Efcc chairman. Tell me what is results at the end of the day?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Said President Buhari Is Dead – Ex-british Lawmaker, Eric Joyce / SHOCKING: Fulani Herdsmen And Their Sponsors Finally Revealed. / Nigeria Buys 12 Su-30 Fighter Jets From Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.