Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

What Is Working For Ambode? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Working For Ambode? (1094 Views)

Reno: Lauretta Onochie Is Lizard In Aso Rock, Runs Girl Working For President / Ongoing Work At Lagos-ibadan Expressway. Fashola Is Working (Pics) / PHOTOS: Lagos Pilgrims ‘stand Still’ For Ambode In Mecca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Working For Ambode? by Appswheel(m): 11:25pm On Oct 22, 2016
What is working for Ambode?
The once dark and dared streets now alive and revel
The light up project worked the magic and now we marvel
114 local roads awarded and commissioned in one year
Roads once crowned with potholes and erosion now smooth everywhere

Ojota axis of Ikorodu road rescued from deadly hit and runs
A feat achieved by mesh wire borders and ingenious partitions
The once soaring crime rate tremendously subdued
Patrol vehicles sighted at every street and adjoining neighbourhood

Cabinet members well learned and vastly read
With right qualifications obtained and the call to serve ready to heed
Regular retreats and progressive town hall meetings bearing positive fruits
Stewardship account rendered and feedbacks perfectly in line with pursuits

Constant and unscheduled visits to work sites
Keeping contractors on toes and projects completed without plights
Some say he wants to erase and outdo Fashola’s record
But should that be the case, Lagos still in one accord

It is audible to the deaf and clearly visible to the blind
That the Lagos of now is an improvement from the previous kind
And we can all unanimously agree from our own different abodes
That something is definitely working for Ambode

Credit: http://ekocitymagazine.com/blog/2016/10/22/what-is-working-for-ambode

Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by mrvitalis(m): 11:41pm On Oct 22, 2016
The truth is this.. . If our fedral budget was atleast $150bn.. Even a fool will perform. .. Investing 10bn dollars in basic infrastructure and eating the rest will change Nigeria

That's what i want governments to pursue.. revenue generation. ..

Am sure taxing churches and agriculture can give us over 10 trillion naira per year. .. Trust me i have done the research

Ambode just has money to spend that's all

2 Likes

Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by Appswheel(m): 11:57pm On Oct 22, 2016
mrvitalis:
Really? why are other states earning huge figures from the federal purse not doing same. Oga, if person dey work make we admit am, it doesnt hurt.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by mrvitalis(m): 11:59pm On Oct 22, 2016
Appswheel:

Really? why are other states earning huge figures from the federal purse not doing same. Oga, if person dey work make we admit am, it doesnt hurt.
Nah i don't think so.. when the likes of Rivers and Akwa-Ibom were earning high.. . People saw the difference

1 Like

Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by PaulIdu: 12:53am On Oct 23, 2016
mrvitalis:
The truth is this.. . If our fedral budget was atleast $150bn.. Even a fool will perform. .. Investing 10bn dollars in basic infrastructure and eating the rest will change Nigeria

Am sure taxing churches and agriculture can give us over 10 trillion naira per year. .. Trust me i have done the research

If you give Buhari the current Swedish economy he we will crash it in 12 months believe me

3 Likes

Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by koladebrainiac(m): 3:13am On Oct 23, 2016
mrvitalis:

Nah i don't think so.. when the likes of Rivers and Akwa-Ibom were earning high.. . People saw the difference
Tell us the difference with Bayelsa with tiny population.
Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by khadaffi(m): 4:26am On Oct 23, 2016
mrvitalis:

The bolded is what many uninformed people don't know. They talk as if these men are spending their money repairing the state. Since I've been in Lagos even in the military era, lagos administrators have always been praised because they performed visible project. That is not to say they are not thieves.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by mrvitalis(m): 6:35am On Oct 23, 2016
koladebrainiac:

Bayelsa has a high working staffs so salaries are much( we know it may be fake) and they dont recive as high as rivers and Akwa-Ibom

1 Like

Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by mrvitalis(m): 6:36am On Oct 23, 2016
PaulIdu:

If you give Buhari the current Swedish economy he we will crash it in 12 months believe me
U can't prove that
Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by Kingsley10000: 6:38am On Oct 23, 2016
bayalsa with pop of 1.5million,delta,rivers and akwa ibm's allocation is almost the amount lagos earns............lagos is really working ,i envy them

2 Likes

Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by HtwoOw: 7:32am On Oct 23, 2016
And to think some clowns wanted to vote Jimi Agbaje

1 Like

Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by Appswheel(m): 7:44am On Oct 23, 2016
koladebrainiac:

Spot on!
Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by Appswheel(m): 7:49am On Oct 23, 2016
mrvitalis:

Bayelsa has a high working staffs so salaries are much( we know it may be fake) and they dont recive as high as rivers and Akwa-Ibom
Now its clear that you are a professor of "Biascology", you mean Bayelsa has larger working population than Lagos. You dont need to justify what is unjustifiable!

1 Like

Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by mrvitalis(m): 7:55am On Oct 23, 2016
Appswheel:

Now its clear that you are a professor of "Biascology", you mean Bayelsa has larger working population than Lagos. You dont need to justify what is unjustifiable!
Minus bayelsa wage bill per month from there allocation then u will realise what is left js small.. . And mind u

1 Like

Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by Appswheel(m): 8:19am On Oct 23, 2016
khadaffi:

The bolded is what many uninformed people don't know. They talk as if these men are spending their money repairing the state. Since I've been in Lagos even in the military era, lagos administrators have always been praised because they performed visible project. That is not to say they are not thieves.
You may be correct in your submission. That should not stop us from giving credit to his style on Governance thus far. Mind you, its not about visible projects, its more about style of Governance. Visiting project sites unannounced, regular retreats and town hall meetings, ensuring reasonable quality of executed project... these is more than just expending monies my brother. Lets give credits to him and let him know that we are watching and following.....
Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:47am On Oct 23, 2016
mrvitalis:

EPIC FALSE.

Having resources is one thing, managing the resources is another.

Rivers state under Odili, Akwa Ibom under Attah, Delta under Ibori, Oduaghan and Okowa, Bayelsa state under Goodluck, Sylva and Dickson earned ALOT of billions monthly as revenue yet it wasn't showing anywhere.

Meanwhile, Gombe state under Goje, Kano under Kwankwaso(and maybe Shekarau) and few others that earned lesser amount from federal purse had a lot to show for it.

Coming to Lagos, prior to 1999 the state was a dirty slum, poor, little or no infrastructure, bad roads, little or no revenue from IGR etc but a certain Bola Tinubu came with a blueprint that changed the tide. Ambode, a member of Tinubu system is only consolidating on the blueprint.

BTW Lagos revenue from FG isn't in top 5 in the country.

Bayelsa would have been a model state if it is about access to resources.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by mrvitalis(m): 8:53am On Oct 23, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
EPIC FALSE.

Rivers state under Odili, Akwa Ibom under Attah, Delta under Ibori, Oduaghan and Okowa, Bayelsa state under Goodluck, Sylva and Dickson earned ALOT of billions monthly as revenue yet it wasn't showing anywhere.

Meanwhile, Gombe state under Goje, Kano under Kwankwaso(and maybe Shekarau) and few others that earned lesser amount from federal purse had a lot to show for it.

Coming to Lagos, prior to 1999 the state was a dirty slum, poor, little or no infrastructure, bad roads, little or no revenue from IGR etc but a certain Bola Tinubu came with a blueprint that changed the tide. Ambode, a member of Tinubu system is only consolidating on the blueprint.

U really don't know this states... who told u they didn't work? ?
Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by gwales: 8:57am On Oct 23, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
EPIC FALSE.

you forgot jigawa under sule lamido, katsina under yar' addu'a and also gombe under dankwambo
Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by dEastActivist: 8:58am On Oct 23, 2016
Lagos state has the highest IGR being also the smallest state in Nigeria by land mass...

So a lot of money to spend.
Even money misappropriation won't be noticed.

Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by JingoOAU(m): 9:02am On Oct 23, 2016
The whole population of Bayelsa is even less than akowonjo LG...Bayelsa have produced a president, yet, it's lot hasn't changed, blessed with useless governors.

Same for my state in Ondo state. We have been blessed with useless governors since 1999
Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by khadaffi(m): 9:10am On Oct 23, 2016
Appswheel:

You may be correct in your submission. That should not stop us from giving credit to his style on Governance thus far. Mind you, its not about visible projects, its more about style of Governance. Visiting project sites unannounced, regular retreats and town hall meetings, ensuring reasonable quality of executed project... these is more than just expending monies my brother. Lets give credits to him and let him know that we are watching and following.....

All those other stuff you mentioned: visiting project sites, town hall bla bla bla are also performed by the so called governors that have been voted out by their people as failures. What I'm saying is that the difference between lagos administrators and other states is the money available to execute world class project.

Now don't get me wrong, you are free to praise any administrator you like but I still maintain that with the available resources that lagos has compared to work been done by government, I rate them poor. That is not to say lagos is not better than other states but using the executed project as a yardstick in comparing the individual governors to me is wrong.
Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:11am On Oct 23, 2016
gwales:
you forgot jigawa under sule lamido, katsina under yar' addu'a and also gombe under dankwambo
I can't vouch for Yar'adua though because I have little information about his reign as Governor. But spot on on Dankwambo and Lamido
Re: What Is Working For Ambode? by Appswheel(m): 9:41am On Oct 23, 2016
khadaffi:

All those other stuff you mentioned: visiting project sites, town hall bla bla bla are also performed by the so called governors that have been voted out by their people as failures. What I'm saying is that the difference between lagos administrators and other states is the money available to execute world class project.

Now don't get me wrong, you are free to praise any administrator you like but I still maintain that with the available resources that lagos has compared to work been done by government, I rate them poor. That is not to say lagos is not better than other states but using the executed project as a yardstick in comparing the individual governors to me is wrong.
You rate them poor... So tell us what your expectations are.

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Hon Minister Fashola As He Inspect Kashimbila Dam, Taraba State. / Jimoh Ibrahim Dumps PDP For APC In Ondo Election / Work Towards Producing Buhari’s Successor, VON Boss Tells Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.