Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

I Became My Mom’s Enemy At 16 – Hilda Dokubo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Became My Mom’s Enemy At 16 – Hilda Dokubo (1220 Views)

Hilda Dokubo's Son, Tuvy, Celebrates His Birthday / Hilda Dokubo Celebrates Her Birthday Today. See How She Was Surprised / Hilda Dokubo - I Got Pregnant At 16, Became A Millionaire At 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Became My Mom’s Enemy At 16 – Hilda Dokubo by itsop(m): 5:48am On Oct 23, 2016
Hilda Dokubo while ministering at a Lagos
church recently explained how she lost her
dad at 9 and how her life and that of her
mother became miserable shortly after his
death. She
explained how she went through a lot and
how she eventually got out of the situation.
While using her life to minister she said;

“I was born with a silver spoon, but death
turned me poverty-stricken after my father
died when I was just 9. I turned away from
God at
that point, because I felt disappointed that
despite how much my father loved and
served God, he still died. After my dad died,
my mother completely lost her mind. .
If she were living in the US, I’m sure she
would have been diagnosed as a mental
case. You know, in Nigeria, we don’t
consider people mad until they have started
eating from dustbins. I
rebelled against God at that point, and I
stopped going to church at the age of 9.
However, I was a very brilliant girl, and I got
admission into the university at the age of
16. I became rascally and did what girls like
that do.

I slept with a man, and I became pregnant.
My mom was devastated and disappointed in
me because of that.

I was also angry with her because ‘her God’
killed my father, and we stopped speaking to
each other. One day, a man came to me and
said he needed a barge. I didn’t know what
it
was, and he told me it was used to store oil.

I then recalled that I had once seen a barge
in the compound opposite ours. I went to
the neighbour and told him I needed the
barge. He asked me what I needed it for, but
I told him
not to worry. I told them to put the barge in
front of my mother’s house.

At that point, the man who told me he
needed the barge came back, and dropped
sacks of money containing N2m with my
mom because I was in school at that time.
Two weeks later, he returned with N500,000,
and I was
dumbfounded.

Before then, I had never seen N100,000
together, but there I was as a millionaire at
17, not knowing what to do with the money.

I would have become a prostitute, but I
became
restless and challenged destiny. Your life
cannot change for the better if you don’t
challenge destiny. Even God challenged
destiny.”

Source :: http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/10/i-became-my-moms-enemy-at-16-hilda.html?m=0

cc lalasticlala fynestboi ishilove ijebabe missyB3

Re: I Became My Mom’s Enemy At 16 – Hilda Dokubo by itsop(m): 5:48am On Oct 23, 2016
We tank God for u oo

cc lalasticlala fynestboi ishilove ijebabe missyB3
Re: I Became My Mom’s Enemy At 16 – Hilda Dokubo by Brymo: 6:10am On Oct 23, 2016
My mother in law was in her bed at home dying of liver cancer. My husband (her only son) and I came up from Florida around the 5th day and I found she was being given no food or water. I didn’t understand. She was heavily dosed on opiates, of course, and she was sleep 98% of the time. But I was horrified at the thought that THEY (her friends, family and doctors) were actually starving and dehydrating her to hasten her death. In fact, I became her main caregiver. I started sponge bathing her, and I talked to her, whether she responded or not. Around the 10th day I just couldn’t stand it anymore and I woke her up and I asked her if she wanted something to drink. She opened her jaundiced eyes and softly said YES! So I propped her up and I got an Ensure and she managed to sip a few sips through a straw. It was clear to me that she wanted that drink. She did cough a little and I took the Ensure away. When her lady friends found out I gave her that drink they were actually angry with me. Why would I prolong her life like that And didn’t I know she could have CHOKED on the Ensure?!! Right. I could have killed the poor woman with kindness, as opposed to the cruel death she was already enduring. All I knew is I didn’t think it was humane to allow an elderly woman to lie helplessly in a bed suffering the pain of cancer, and then to have that misery compounded by the torment of unquenchable thirst. Maybe I was wrong to do it, but I remember her relief at that last sip. She died four days later, without any more food or water.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Became My Mom’s Enemy At 16 – Hilda Dokubo by ghettowriter(m): 6:27am On Oct 23, 2016
Whao..this is quite touching. I pray my own miracle happens sooner...who whould have thought our Dear Hilda went through all that to get to were she is now.

HAPPY SUNDAY FRIENDS!!
Re: I Became My Mom’s Enemy At 16 – Hilda Dokubo by PaulIdu: 6:45am On Oct 23, 2016
Is she saying she sold her neighbours barge without letting the know?
Re: I Became My Mom’s Enemy At 16 – Hilda Dokubo by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 23, 2016
Its that maternal mental part I feel the most. Common among women who have gone thru a lot.

No wonder this woman likes to play melancholic scenes in movies. Its part of her real life
Re: I Became My Mom’s Enemy At 16 – Hilda Dokubo by opeyemiieblog(m): 1:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
cc lalasticlala fynestboi

(1) (Reply)

Justin Timberlake Spends Quality Time With Family / I Will Be Checking Into A Rehab February .. Wish Me Well / BREAKING!: Fire Outbreak At Queen Amina Hall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.