Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,783 members, 7,955,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:51 PM

It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies (5229 Views)

Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" / 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything / Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by nmreports: 8:04am On Oct 23, 2016
Millerz:
it baffles me when people say what they dont know. How did you derive the bolded? We have the capacity to love. We are children of God and Gods love is in us which makes us capable of loving. Only the devil and his agents have no love.

So without God in our hearts do we have the capacity to love?.
Baffles me when we are so eager to argues against someones position when we know nothing about what the person is talking about.
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by petsey(m): 8:06am On Oct 23, 2016
Many of u don't even understand DAT word "Forgive" if u understand DAT word, u will know DAT God want us to stay peacefully with all men without any grumbling or hatered. wen u forgive ur enemy, who else will be difficult for u to forgive?
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Zedoo(m): 8:11am On Oct 23, 2016
Orikinla:

People should not argue without scriptural references.
Read Psalms 35, 50 and 118.

If your enemy refuses to repent and submit to God, your enemy is condemned already.

Happy Sunday and have a great successful and triumphant week of all round victory through Jesus Christ our Lord, Saviour and Messiah. Amen.
Cheers!

You are a hypocrite Christian.....
Choosing where to quote.....
Look ALL THE LAWS JESUS CHANGED STAND CHANGED FROM THE OLD TALKS!!!

Quoting psalms, and tomorrow you will claim a passage from Deuteronomy is no longer in use, come on!!! Everything in the old testament is GONE!!! Except the ones Jesus did not talk about and he spoke about EVERYTHING, the moment he said "LOVE YOUR ENEMIES" , he totally wiped whatever was written in the old testament and besides, if the enemy is condemned it is GOD's prerogative, not yours! He does not need you to "fire" the enemies! You battle to be saved frm your enemies and pray God changes their heart! Jesus Christ bore all you can NEVER bear YET he prayed and asked God to forgive them because they know not what they do..... That is DEEP! The enemies "think" they know, but they are foolishly being led by evil, if you say you are a Christian you will not get somethings tangled..... Stop following your pastors and follow the word of God!!! Everything in the NEW testament that JESUS said! GOD sent him to "wipe" the "slate" clean!!!!
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by ndcide(m): 8:21am On Oct 23, 2016
You have to love your enemies. At the same time you have to bring every strange force in to subjection. Any ranging storm should be addressed with Devine authority.

Because some people still think addressing contrary powers and influence around you means you don't love your enemy.

In any case, I don't love the devil. I don't think any Christian should love the devil as an enemy.
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Zedoo(m): 8:23am On Oct 23, 2016
nmreports:

So without God in our hearts do we have the capacity to love?.
Baffles me when we are so eager to argues against someones position when we know nothing about what the person is talking about.

Listen up Mr man..... The MOMENT you exhibit "love" to any man, even your partner in dark crimes, you have exercised your God-given ability to love!.
Our actions are either good or evil, there is no middle ground.....the devil is incapable of "loving"....he only "deals"; gives something to take something....

We were all children at a point in our lives, devoid of hate until we tangled with other people, got into quarrels/fights etc....

If the peace we experienced made us "happy" and the fights made us angry at someone, then happiness (true happiness) I from God and anger is from God too....but in your conscience the "freewill" you were given to exercise by God, will naturally want to be at "peace" with people....and hope for the whole world to be "peaceful" right?
That anger in every human being was made by God but for use against bad things.....in other words there is a good type of anger.....
Anger that aims to "correct" something bad by all.means and not "destroy or condemn" it.... Are you following

Leme pause there.. ..

Without being told there is a reason why your conscience bites you when you do something wrong.....that is if you haven't done it to a point where it feels like nothing .... Its that divinity called "knowledge of good and evil", it has nothing to do with being a Christian or Muslim....

Someone slaps your mom, automatically you will react and feel angry/sad about it....naturally..... That is that instinct God has given us to automaticall identify the pleasant and unpleasant.
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by ilynem(m): 8:24am On Oct 23, 2016
YorubaStinks:
If you will love and forgive your enemies

Why is there Hell fire, why can't God love us and forgive us like we did to our enemies instead of sending us to Hell fire
He has already forgiven you. It is you that hasn't accepted Him. It is a two way thing. He's arms are wide open and you are refusing to go to Him. He doesn't see you as an enemy, you are His child. It is a decision to go hell. Hell is not a punishment. Sin on the other hand is something God cannot stand because He is pure. So before you go to Him, sin has to be dropped. Without that, you are on your way to hell. Remember, it's not a punishment for sinners, but a choice by sinners.
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 23, 2016
I'm a Christian and I don't have personal enemies. If need be or that that I'm mandated to treat one as an enemy, God rest his soul. No church heart on that one oo and e no go stop me follow my men sing "days of elijah"smiley
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by cooltola(m): 8:41am On Oct 23, 2016
It is not mandatory to love your enemies. God is Love and does not force us to do his will.Love is not by force, The goal of the gospel is to save souls from eternal punishment. No one is good enough to go to heaven.The Lord is willing to accept anyone regardless of sins as long they confess their sins , and accept Christ as Lord and Savior. Inner transformation and relying on the Holy Spirit is the major way
The Lord is also a God of Justice so he created hell to punish the Devil and his angels. Because God cannot tolerate sin, Christ died for our sins. If not for his grace , we all could have being punished.
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 23, 2016
If u want me dead, u don't deserve to live!! ...never turn ur back on a foe or u'll end up 6ft.
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by ayodeleamg(m): 9:04am On Oct 23, 2016
People with all sorts of misconceptions [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]s. Why not quote directly from the bible if you lack the understanding of its statement?
The same way Satan has was forgiven and loved by God as the best is for the Nigerian government to stop the army who are working so hard to eliminate the book haram and also pray for the corrupt politician instead of prosecuting and retrieving the embedded funds.......... ??.....
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by nmreports: 9:08am On Oct 23, 2016
Zedoo:

Listen up Mr man..... The MOMENT you exhibit "love" to any man, even your partner in dark crimes, you have exercised your God-given ability to love!.
Our actions are either good or evil, there is no middle ground.....the devil is incapable of "loving"....he only "deals"; gives something to take something....

We were all children at a point in our lives, devoid of hate until we tangled with other people, got into quarrels/fights etc....

If the peace we experienced made us "happy" and the fights made us angry at someone, then happiness (true happiness) I from God and anger is from God too....but in your conscience the "freewill" you were given to exercise by God, will naturally want to be at "peace" with people....and hope for the whole world to be "peaceful" right?
That anger in every human being was made by God but for use against bad things.....in other words there is a good type of anger.....
Anger that aims to "correct" something bad by all.means and not "destroy or condemn" it.... Are you following

Leme pause there.. ..

Without being told there is a reason why your conscience bites you when you do something wrong.....that is if you haven't done it to a point where it feels like nothing .... Its that divinity called "knowledge of good and evil", it has nothing to do with being a Christian or Muslim....

Someone slaps your mom, automatically you will react and feel angry/sad about it....naturally..... That is that instinct God has given us to automaticall identify the pleasant and unpleasant.

Why the rude remark: "Listen up Mr man".
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 23, 2016
Ramon92:
isn't it ironical that Jesus loves his enemies but God hates his enemies?
Isn't it ironical that I'm going to end up in hell cos I don't kiss God's ass by exercising the freewill as well as the brain he gave me and not serving him??

Well, I don't want to be like or serve a God who hates his enemies, kills and barbecues them to prove a point..

God is love, 8th wonder of the World..

You sound bitter
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by wininn: 9:29am On Oct 23, 2016
in my opinion, it is mandatory
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Prince16: 9:37am On Oct 23, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
Easier said than done

Prince16
Forgiving/loving our (human) enemies or sustaining eternal/endless fire, which 1 is easier?
May ego/pride not cast us 2 eternal perdition in Jesus' Mighty Name, AMEN!!!

RadicallyBlunt:

I don't know why I keep getting quoted by these early 20s. Your understanding is too low

What does "easier said than done" has to do with pride

How many experience do you have in life. How would explain somebody who kills ur 2 parents same day. How would you explain somebody who used your womb for rituals and made u barren thruout life. How would you explain someone who raped ur underaged daughter in ur presence and as if that's not enough took a cutlass and butchered her right there before you . Just to mention a few

Now I'm not saying despite all these, forgiveness can't be achieved. It can be achieved. What I just said is it may not be easy but with encouragements from the people and christians you can see and not Jesus up in heaven it can be achieved.

Or you think its just the teenage offences or early 20s gf/bf issues that I'm talking about? Ehn she broke my heart she did this and that but I forgave her...

Life is deeper than that kid

Dhur....

Irrespective of d "sin" ur neighbours have done against u (including d bolded above), if/when u come 2 d realization dt d ONLY condition 4 ur own sin(s) 2 be pardoned is u Forgiving ur trespassers, u'll see dt it's very easy to forgive others.
I'll throw more light: if you don't forgive others their sins (against u), ur heavenly Father won't forgive u (and vice versa), and if dt be d case, pray, how will u enter d father's Kingdom - heaven? And if u don't enter heaven (God forbid), d only place left 4 u is........... grin grin (u know where nah!)

(Matthew 6:12 KJV) And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors

(Matthew 6:14 KJV) For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

(Matthew 6:15 KJV) But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

This "realization" has always made it easier 4 me 2 forgive cos I know I'm doing myself d GREATER GOOD by doing so!

Methuselah, gerrit?
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by TeamSimple(m): 9:54am On Oct 23, 2016
If it is mandatory,then i must say we have NO christians on nairaland.
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by David0(m): 9:57am On Oct 23, 2016
There are two types of enemies, The one u know n d one u don't know.
When Bible says luv ur enemies, it was referring to d enemies u know.
Can u luv someone u do not know?
When we pray against our enemies, we pray against enemies we do not know.
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by zionmade(m): 10:10am On Oct 23, 2016
if loving ur enemies is too hard for u den u will be welcomed in Islam where it is an eye for an eye
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 23, 2016
THE BIBLE IS NOT MEANT FOR AFRICANS THATS WHY THERE HAVE NEVER BEEN AN AFRICAN NAME IN IT...... EVEN IF THERE'S THEY DIDN'T MADE IT CLEAR...... NO MATTER HOW U READ IT U CAN NEVER BE CLEAR OF THE MESSAGE IT'S PASSING BECOX THE WHITE MEN WROTE TO HAVE CONTROL OVER UR THINKING
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Trybes(m): 10:12am On Oct 23, 2016
psucc:
But this us where I differ with my pastor. He rather want them dead and I say no! And know what, I am seen as an opposition.
My opinion why not fight or 'kill' that spirit causing the enmity.
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Zedoo(m): 10:29am On Oct 23, 2016
nmreports:

Why the rude remark: "Listen up Mr man".

I'm truly sorry if that came out offensive BUT....its misguided to hold an opinion contrary to God's existence....even if we gat the free will.....its like succeeding in life and saying you are "self" made.... Nobody is....
God exists.....
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Zedoo(m): 10:34am On Oct 23, 2016
Phiniter:

Are you trying to say the God before christ changed after Christ came? So he's changeable after all?

If he gave me the freewill then why should he be angry if I use the freewill not to believe he exist?

Laughable, he didn't"change".., he gave humans more of his loving spirit by letting Jesus come Down to die.....

Are you a father?

If you tell your son, he can be straight or gay, its his choice....if he chooses to be gay, will you be "happy"

Look eh....mk I no start

Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by nmreports: 10:42am On Oct 23, 2016
Zedoo:

I'm truly sorry if that came out offensive BUT....its misguided to hold an opinion contrary to God's existence....even if we gat the free will.....its like succeeding in life and saying you are "self" made.... Nobody is....
God exists.....

To be honest, I have decided to never ever say "humans do not have the capacity to love".
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 23, 2016
Prince16:

Forgiving/loving our (human) enemies or sustaining eternal/endless fire, which 1 is easier?
May ego/pride not cast us 2 eternal perdition in Jesus' Mighty Name, AMEN!!
I don't know why I keep getting quoted by these early 20s. Your understanding is too low

What does "easier said than done" has to do with pride

How many experience do you have in life. How would explain somebody who kills ur 2 parents same day. How would you explain somebody who used your womb for rituals and made u barren thruout life. How would you explain someone who raped ur underaged daughter in ur presence and as if that's not enough took a cutlass and butchered her right there before you. Just to mention a few

Now I'm not saying despite all these, forgiveness can't be achieved. It can be achieved. What I just said is it may not be easy but with encouragements from the people and christians you can see and not Jesus up in heaven it can be achieved.

Or you think its just the teenage offences or early 20s gf/bf issues that I'm talking about? Ehn she broke my heart she did this and that but I forgave her...

Life is deeper than that kid
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Kay17: 11:45am On Oct 23, 2016
nmreports:
Love. We mostly talk about love as if it actually exist.
Love in itself is an act... Not emotions so to speak. To assist your enemies and help a stranger against all odds.

Humans don't have the capacity to love. What we experience is responsibility. A responsibility to love (Act even against our will) our enemies.

This is something I might outgrow and understand better maybe as I get more spirit filled.

What do you call that emotion that informs your decision to act. For example you walk on the street and encounter a man in a well or pit. There is an emotion which triggered allows you to share/sense the danger the man in the well is in. I want to know the name you ascribe to that emotion.

Also one can be responsible and yet be indifferent. A soldier could know he is responsible for the safety of his charges and yet be indifferent. And where the soldier isn't being watched his responsibility towards his charges declines
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by ArabMopol(m): 12:22pm On Oct 23, 2016
I will love my enemy but not BUHARI.... if loving Buhari and his cronies will lead me to hell fire, Devil should start hitting up fire because I will hate buhari until he took his last breath....
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Alexk2(m): 12:30pm On Oct 23, 2016
Millerz:
It is mandatory. Stop saying what you don't know.

Why not just tell me what I don't know? I'll love to learn
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by vono4real(m): 2:52pm On Oct 25, 2016
It's mandatory but difficult to abide by. Note: you weaken Ur enemies each time u show them love, the love isn't a weakness in your own part, but strengt to u.... So glory in Ur strength bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. / Atheists, Christians, Muslims And Deists Are All Irrational People / Ugandan Pastor Uses Lady As Practical While Education Sex To Church Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.