Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies (5154 Views)

Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" / 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything / Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Gboyee4fun(m): 5:58am On Oct 23, 2016
Loving your enemy is a must as a Christian

But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Lk6:35
Sometimes you wonder why you have to love your enemies, but if you deeply consider and meditate on what Apostle Paul said in Ephesians chapter 6.vs 10 to 18....you won't see any human being as your enemies..
:Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

In conclusion, You have to love enemies
Who are your enemies? They are those that wrong you in one way or the other, those that offended you, those that shamed you, those that make you unhappy...lol..remember everybody is an enemy to somebody, the scripture is saying to us to love our enemy to know how we can live together in harmony despite the differences because spiritually human beings are not the real enemy

Happy Sunday!!! Goes to the presence of God today with a pure heart, free from hatred and the likes. May we be mightily bless today!!! Amen
Loving your enemy is a must as a Christian

But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Lk6:35
Sometimes you wonder why you have to love your enemies, but if you deeply consider and meditate on what Apostle Paul said in Ephesians chapter 6.vs 10 to 18....you won't see any human being as your enemies..
:Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

In conclusion, You have to love enemies
Who are your enemies? They are those that wrong you in one way or the other, those that offended you, those that shamed you, those that make you unhappy...lol..remember everybody is an enemy to somebody, the scripture is saying to us to love our enemy to know how we can live together in harmony despite the differences because spiritually human beings are not the real enemy

Happy Sunday!!! Goes to the presence of God today with a pure heart, free from hatred and the likes. May we be mightily bless today!!! Amen

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 23, 2016
Easier said than done

1 Like

Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Ramon92: 6:22am On Oct 23, 2016
isn't it ironical that Jesus loves his enemies but God hates his enemies?
Isn't it ironical that I'm going to end up in hell cos I don't kiss God's ass by exercising the freewill as well as the brain he gave me and not serving him??

Well, I don't want to be like or serve a God who hates his enemies, kills and barbecues them to prove a point..

God is love, 8th wonder of the World..

10 Likes

Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Davash222(m): 6:26am On Oct 23, 2016
Ramon92:
Isn't it ironical that I'm going to end up in hell cos I don't kiss God's ass by exercising the freewill as well as the brain he gave me and not serving him??

Well, I don't want to be like or serve a God who hates his enemies, kills and barbecues them to prove a point..

God still loves you.

Shalom

5 Likes

Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Alexk2(m): 6:42am On Oct 23, 2016
It is never mandatory but a very neccesary condition to be forgiven by God and to have peace within.
Unforgiveness is actually the most damning sin in that it's very tricky and never seems to be a sin. Infact devil make it seems it's justifiable to be Unforgiven and we deceive ourself sometimes that we've forgiven him/her when we haven't.
When we forgive we're helping ourself, not God cos we can never have peace within until we let go and most often, it must start by "forgiving yourself"
Forgiveness shouldn't be an option if you really know the demage you're doing to yourself by not letting go. Yes it isn't easy because the devil make it seems we're created to seek revenge on our own but we the price of keeping it in and hatred just don't worth it not to talk of severing your relationship with God. Please, learn to forgive No matter how hurting it is.

Please edit your topic OP

2 Likes

Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by olumaxi(m): 6:46am On Oct 23, 2016
Ask urself...is it not mandatory for a christian to wholly follow the word of God?......lovin ur enemies is lyk telling abraham to sacrifice isaac,though very difficult,but a christian has to obey
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by psucc(m): 6:55am On Oct 23, 2016
But this us where I differ with my pastor. He rather want them dead and I say no! And know what, I am seen as an opposition.

4 Likes

Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Pheals(f): 7:03am On Oct 23, 2016
Ramon92:

Don't be deceive God is not mock!

1 Like

Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by veekid(m): 7:31am On Oct 23, 2016
Sunday is here again; na so so church thread go lekwue full for front-page
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Gboyee4fun(m): 7:33am On Oct 23, 2016
Alexk2:
It is never mandatory but a very neccesary condition to be forgiven by God and to have peace within.
Unforgiveness is actually the most damning sin in that it's very tricky and never seems to be a sin. Infact devil make it seems it's justifiable to be Unforgiven and we deceive ourself sometimes that we've forgiven him/her when we haven't.
When we forgive we're helping ourself, not God cos we can never have peace within until we let go and most often, it must start by "forgiving yourself"
Forgiveness shouldn't be an option if you really know the demage you're doing to yourself by not letting go. Yes it isn't easy because the devil make it seems we're created to seek revenge on our own but we the price of keeping it in and hatred just don't worth it not to talk of severing your relationship with God. Please, learn to forgive No matter how hurting it is.

I tried changing it but it refused to be change
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by nmreports: 7:33am On Oct 23, 2016
Love. We mostly talk about love as if it actually exist.
Love in itself is an act... Not emotions so to speak. To assist your enemies and help a stranger against all odds.

Humans don't have the capacity to love. What we experience is responsibility. A responsibility to love (Act even against our will) our enemies.

This is something I might outgrow and understand better maybe as I get more spirit filled.
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 23, 2016
Then what are our soldiers still doing bombarding our common enemy terrorists in the north and creeks. Tell the presidency to call them off.
Rubbish.

Some enemies are not to be reasoned with nor forgiven, they are meant to be crushed.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Luvdmx(m): 7:35am On Oct 23, 2016
In order to receive forgiveness for our sins, we need to forgive others.

Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Orikinla(m): 7:36am On Oct 23, 2016
Please, read Psalms 35, 50 and 118 on how to react to your enemies.

If you pray for your enemies and they refuse to repent, PLEASE, hand them over to Almighty God JEHOVAH for judgment.

Go and read the following.
If You Don't Keep The Commandments Of Jesus Christ, You Are Not A Christian no matter how many times you go to church and crusade.
Obedience is the golden key that opens the door into the Throne of Grace of Almighty God JEHOVAH and not lip service and eye service of pretense.
https://www.nairaland.com/3421764/dont-keep-commandments-jesus-christ
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 23, 2016
It is mandatory. Stop saying what you don't know.
Alexk2:

Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Orikinla(m): 7:40am On Oct 23, 2016
[size=20pt]Love your enemies means pray for them and hand them over to God.

It does not mean to let your guards down to let your unrepentant enemies attack and kill you.

Beware of your enemies

What did David do to his unrepentant enemy, Goliath?
Shake his hands and dance shoki with him?
And when centuries later a man called our Lord Jesus Christ son of David, did he not answer and heal the man?
And Almighty God JEHOVAH fulfilled His covenant with King David in our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen!
HALLELUJAH!

.[/size].

3 Likes

Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 23, 2016
it baffles me when people say what they dont know. How did you derive the bolded? We have the capacity to love. We are children of God and Gods love is in us which makes us capable of loving. Only the devil and his agents have no love.
nmreports:
Love. We mostly talk about love as if it actually exist.
Love in itself is an act... Not emotions so to speak. To assist your enemies and help a stranger against all odds.

Humans don't have the capacity to love. What we experience is responsibility. A responsibility to love (Act even against our will) our enemies.

This is something I might outgrow and understand better maybe as I get more spirit filled.
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 23, 2016
Your pastor needs Jesus. He should know that as humans our only adversary is the devil, not our fellow humans. I don't pray such prayers.
psucc:
But this us where I differ with my pastor. He rather want them dead and I say no! And know what, I am seen as an opposition.

1 Like

Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Young03(m): 7:44am On Oct 23, 2016
Its not a must
but u must pray for ur enemies to change
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by gbaskiboy: 7:50am On Oct 23, 2016
Roman 12:17-19 Reads as far as it depends on you be peaceable with all men
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by GeneralB: 7:51am On Oct 23, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
Easier said than done
Well said.
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Orikinla(m): 7:52am On Oct 23, 2016
Millerz:
Your pastor needs Jesus. He should know that as humans our only adversary is the devil, not our fellow humans. I don't pray such prayers.

People should not argue without scriptural references.
Read Psalms 35, 50 and 118.

If your enemy refuses to repent and submit to God, your enemy is condemned already.

Happy Sunday and have a great successful and triumphant week of all round victory through Jesus Christ our Lord, Saviour and Messiah. Amen.
Cheers!
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Malakh: 7:56am On Oct 23, 2016
well we Hebrews are instructed to kill pagans off
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by southernbelle(f): 7:56am On Oct 23, 2016
Yes, Christians should love their enemies.

Loving your enemy doesn't mean you excuse their actions, it does not mean you have to invite them to your parties, or make them your best friend.

Loving them means you forgive them, and you leave them to God. Even Jesus Christ forgave unconditionally on the cross.

Furthermore, it is also an instruction that comes with a promise in the bible: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven” (Matthew 5:44-45).

1 Like

Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 23, 2016
[url=5manutd..co.id/2016/10/rashford-and-lingard-prepare-for.html?m=1]Lingard and Rashford Prepare For Chelsea with a secret handshake[/url]
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Olasco93: 7:57am On Oct 23, 2016
On my bed, I was asking myself; "what are some of the secrets that invite success in life?"

I found the answer right there in my room.
The fan said, "be cool",
the roof said, "aim high",
the window said, "see the world",
the clock said," every minute is precious",
the mirror said, "reflect before you act".
The calendar said, "be up to date".
The door said, "push hard for your goals".
The Rug said "kneel down and pray".The toilet said "flush the Bad habits that will deter you from becoming someone influential in life!
The holy Book laughed and said, "read me for direction".
Recession or no recession, you life doesn't solely depend on Human economy, the power of man is limited. Put your trust in God.
Good morning.
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Phiniter(m): 7:57am On Oct 23, 2016
Zedoo:

Heiya.....when did God "hate" his enemies? Was that not BEFORE Jesus Christ came??
If God GAVE YOU the "freewill", dont you think its laughable going against the belief that he exists If God stands for what is good, why do feel bad when you do bad?
Nobody is righteous....but its important to note that God does exist.....

Are you trying to say the God before christ changed after Christ came? So he's changeable after all?

If he gave me the freewill then why should he be angry if I use the freewill not to believe he exist?
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by QuietHammer(m): 7:58am On Oct 23, 2016
God should forgive Satan first
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by chacoonder(m): 8:03am On Oct 23, 2016
I'm absolutely sure that Op is not a member of Mountain of Fire (MFM). I've never seen a church that hates its enemy like that church..90 percent of their prayer point is about death..Enemy die!.die!!.die!!..Wtf,and Olukoya thinks this is normal?
Re: It Is Mandatory For As A Christian To Love Your Enemies by Zedoo(m): 8:03am On Oct 23, 2016
Ramon92:

Heiya.....when did God "hate" his enemies? Was that not BEFORE Jesus Christ came??
If God GAVE YOU the "freewill", dont you think its laughable going against the belief that he exists If God stands for what is good, why do feel bad when you do bad?

Nobody is righteous....but its important to note that God does exist.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Financial Record Surfaces After Oyedepo’s Outcry Over CAMA / How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why / God Forbids Presence Of Women On The Altar,their Ministry And Authority In The C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.