Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Atheists In The House. How Are You Coping? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists In The House. How Are You Coping? (1498 Views)

Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 / To All Atheists In The House! / Atheists In The House, Come In (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists In The House. How Are You Coping? by saasala(m): 12:03am On Nov 01, 2016
Seun:
I think atheists' best strategy for success is to stick together. We should befriend each other, date each other, etc. We like to think of ourselves as being unique but the truth is that we have so much in common. Atheists get along extremely well because we all use the same system to figure out what is true and, because of that, we tend to arrive at the same answers. Even when we disagree, our disagreements tend to be in areas where the facts are not so clear, so our differences of opinion do not bother us at all. We are not dogmatic. Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins totally disagree on whether we can get morals from science, but it's a pleasant disagreement. There will be no bitter quarrels over this monumental difference in opinion. OTOH we've seen imams fighting because one of them dared to suggest that the hijab is not compulsory.

The bolded is not one I will agree to about atheists. Atheists are the most dogmatic people I have come across in life. They have so shut their hears and understanding agaist the existence of God that when you try to explain certain things to them, from their countenance to their first speach when they try to defend their father "Charles Darwin" it is clear to you they are not giving your points a single thought or consideration.

1 Like

Re: Atheists In The House. How Are You Coping? by femzysticks(m): 1:03am On Nov 01, 2016
JESUS IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE.
NO OTHER TRUTH EXIST
Re: Atheists In The House. How Are You Coping? by onetrack(m): 3:03am On Nov 01, 2016
saasala:

The bolded is not one I will agree to about atheists. Atheists are the most dogmatic people I have come across in life. They have so shut their hears and understanding agaist the existence of God that when you try to explain certain things to them, from their countenance to their first speach when they try to defend their father "Charles Darwin" it is clear to you they are not giving your points a single thought or consideration.

If atheists are the most dogmatic people you have ever met then clearly you have not met many Christians or Muslims.
Re: Atheists In The House. How Are You Coping? by donnffd(m): 5:37am On Nov 01, 2016
saasala:

You know its actually very easy to know a dogmatic person, you trying to convince an atheist with your points isnt gonna cut it, i am sure you would be the 1001th person doing that, so dont use that has a measure of dogmatism, rather do this simple task...

First ask yourself, what if i am wrong?, and then ask your fellow xtians the same question...

Then ask an atheist the same question too!

Their answer would determine whether they are dogmatic or not. Have Fun

NB: A dogmatic person would never accept he could be wrong

5 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House. How Are You Coping? by Godstraight(m): 6:20am On Nov 01, 2016
saasala:

do u know the meaning of dogmatic

2 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House. How Are You Coping? by frank317: 7:00am On Nov 01, 2016
saasala:

You act sound like a dogmatic person

1 Like

Re: Atheists In The House. How Are You Coping? by raphieMontella: 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2016
saasala:

very stupi.d comment!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

[26 Jan Profile Pic] 26 Jan 2017 Profile Pic, 26 Jan Dp, 26 Jan Images / Don't Sacrifice Hearing For Doing - Joseph Prince / Is The Gospel In The Old Testament?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.