Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Almost Perfect#nlwriters - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Almost Perfect#nlwriters (231033 Views)

The Connection Is Now..( For All Nlwriters) / Aja 2 (story Of The Dogs) #nlwriters / Secrets #nlwriters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by dominique(f): 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
bibijay123:

I am not knowing what you mean

You should go to politics section more often dear. Those are the derogatory names igbos and yorubas use on one another.

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by ADECULATE(f): 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
ride on bibi,i dey ur back gidigba. may God bless u wit more knowledge dear

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2016
dominique:

You should go to politics section more often dear. Those are the derogatory names igbos and yorubas use on one another.

lol OK babe

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 4:12am On Oct 26, 2016
Very interesting bibijay
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by veekid(m): 4:53am On Oct 26, 2016
Soft and steady......... #more plz
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Twizzy30(m): 5:13am On Oct 26, 2016
Erotic content tongue. Its like bella's mum is a bad woman and she always maltreat that serwa. WTf is a school bag wit cloths wanna be doing in a Freezer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by dominique(f): 5:15am On Oct 26, 2016
Twizzy30:
Erotic content tongue. Its like bella's mum is a bad woman and she always maltreat that serwa. WTf is a school bag wit cloths wanna be doing in a Freezer

Maybe she's getting senile

2 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Twizzy30(m): 5:19am On Oct 26, 2016
dominique:

Maybe she's getting senile
okay but I don't agree. "She whirled around and gave me a smile"
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 5:55am On Oct 26, 2016
Twizzy30:

Or she could be suffering from old age confusion.

2 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 6:26am On Oct 26, 2016
Lleigh:
Very interesting bibijay

Thank you dearie, weldone over there too....I am loving every bit of it.

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by dominique(f): 7:59am On Oct 26, 2016
Twizzy30:
okay but I don't agree. "She whirled around and gave me a smile"

She may have been embarrassed and doesn't want to show her her daughter her true state of mind

2 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 26, 2016
dominique:
*claps inamazement* shocked shocked angry
Hmmmm, so Bibi started another story without informing me. Good thing I'm not the type that vexes, else what happened in 1842 would have happened again o.

Bhet why did you have to make Dupe and Funmi that old? 27 years old and just graduating? How many times did jamb jam them? undecided

I see another 'Twine' in the making, can't wait to see how the characters will connect.

second paragraph got me lmao! gringrin

bibijay, I'm glued already.

2 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 9:17am On Oct 26, 2016
Chapter Three

Dupe

All through the evening worship service a strange number had been flashing my line. Immediately after the service i went outside to return the call.

" Hello,"

" Hello Dupe," he said.

" Uche, How are you dear?" I asked, happy to hear from him.

He had gone to Port Harcourt to write an aptitude test. He had been gone for only two days but it felt like a lifetime to me. I missed him, his voice and his laughter. I prayed for him morning and night. I believed in him, he was intelligent and smart. He was also Godly and ambitious. Since graduation i had taken to making beads to make end means since getting a job wasn't easy. My father had also promised to talk to some people but so far he hadn't done anything about it. He was probably waiting for the lord to intervene.

" Dupe, i was mugged" he said.

" What? Oh my God! are you alright?" I asked worriedly," Baby are you OK?"

" I am alright but i lost everything on me, my bag, money and phone." He said.

" Jesus Christ! thank God you were not hurt! " i said, " Where are you now?"

" I am stranded in PH. I am calling from a call center where i have been all day."

" How will you get back to Lag?"

" Honestly i don't know. Your line is the only number i can recall, please go to my house. Tell my mother to give you six thousand naira. I will text you my account details and you will send it to me tomorrow morning. "

" Where will you sleep tonight?"

" I will be fine. I will give you a call later" he said and disconnected.

I walked back into the church and took my mom' s car Keys. I drove down to his house and realized that i didn't know his flat. I walked into the compound, a young mini version of Uche was kicking a ball and trying out his football skills. He looked up and flashed me a smile.

" Good evening," he called out.

" Hello, my name is Dupe"

He grinned." Are you bro Uche's girlfriend? "

" Yes and you are.....?"

" Chidubem, he's not around. He went to PH "

" I know. Is Mummy at home?"

" Yes," he said, " Come with me"

He led me to their flat. Two identical girls were watching TV in the sitting room, they also greated me warmly and Chidubem went in to call his Mother. She was a beautiful woman but she had gained some weight, probably due to childbirth or age. She had a frown on her face and it seemed to tighten when she saw me.

" Good evening Ma," i said.

" Evening." She replied in a clipped tone.

" My name is Dupe, i am....."

" What do you want?" She snapped.

" Uche sent me to you. He was mugged and he's stranded"

" Mug?" She asked in bewilderment.

'' He was robbed"

" Ewooo, chineke! is he alright? where is he? why are you the one he called?"

" What happened to bro Uche?" the girls asked.

" He lost everything on him ma, including his phone"

She sat down heavily on the sofa, panting and holding her head." Where is my son now?"

" He's still in Port Harcourt. He is stranded ma, he said i should collect the sum of six thousand from you for his return fare. "

" My daughter! where will i get it? i didn't even make up to three thousand naira sales today. I have only two thousand naira." She lamented," Where will i get six thousand now?"

" I will find a way to send it to him ma," i said." I will be on my way now"

" Thank you my dear, May God bless you " she said, walking me towards the door.

My phone buzzed and a message box appeared on the screen. I got into the car and transfered seven thousand naira to his account. I dialed the number, waiting for him to pick up.

" Hello," he said wearily.

" I just left your house. I transfered seven thousand to your account"

" Didn't you meet my mother at home?"

" I met her. She gave me seven thousand naira, so i transfered it from my account"

" Thank you dear, how are they?"

" They are fine. Uche, where will you sleep tonight? have you eaten?"

" Dupe, don't worry about me. I will be fine, thank you dear." He said, " How are you?"

" I am Alright. Please be safe,"

" I will" he disconnected.

I drove back home and went into my room to pray for his safety. I tossed and turned all night, worried about him. I didn't even know if he was able to write the test he went for. The following morning i went to my shop with a heavy heart. I had to close up when i found it difficult to concentrate. In the evening i drove down to his house, their flat was locked up. I went outside and waited in my car until Eight pm. I was about giving up when i saw him coming up the street wearily. I gave a silent prayer of thanks heavenward. I came out of the car and waited for him. He was so lost in thought that he almost walked by without noticing me.

" Uche," i called softly.

He pulled me into his arms and held me tight. " Dupe,"

" Thank God you are back hale and hearty"

" What are you doing here?" He asked.

" Waiting for you "

" Why didn't you wait for me inside?"

" There's nobody home"

" Come," he said, holding my hand. We walked to their flat, he raised up the foot mat at the entrance and brought out a key and unlocked the door.

" Have you had something to eat?" I asked.

" I bought snacks earlier"

We went into his room, he picked up a towel and went into the bathroom.

" Where do you think your mom and siblings went to?" I asked, when he returned.

" I don't know." He replied, pulling on a polo.

" How did it happen? did you do the test? "

" Yes i wrote the test," he replied, wearing a short." On my way back to the motor park, someone hit me from the back and i lost my balance. Before i knew it my bag was nowhere to be found. My phone and money was inside along with my id card."

" Thank God you are alright, how about your atm card?"

" I left it at home since my account was empty,"

He sat down beside me on the bed and drew me closer. His mouth found mine and our tongues dueled. his hands snaked under my top and fondled my breasts.

" Dupe, let me drive you home now" he said, standing up.

" No" i said, pulling him down on the bed." Please don't stop"

" Are you certain?" He asked.

" Yes"

He took off his polo and my blouse met his on the ground. He switched off the light, throwing the room in darkness. His hands found mine in the darkness, i let him guide me and show me how to pleasure him. I let him explore my body, it hurt just a little but that painful tingle was soon replaced by an intense pleasure. Afterwards we clinged to each other.

" Thank you, " he whispered." For trusting me and making me your first. I love you."

" I love you too" i whispered back, listening to the steady beat of his heart.

TBC

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Divepen1(m): 9:27am On Oct 26, 2016
FTC* lol*
original gobe
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by veekid(m): 9:45am On Oct 26, 2016
I think I need a girlfriend like Dupe....... since Bibi yaff decided to go her way
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 9:49am On Oct 26, 2016
veekid:
I think I need a girlfriend like Dupe....... since Bibi yaff decided to go her way

lol ntoor * tongue out*

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by veekid(m): 9:57am On Oct 26, 2016
bibijay123:

lol ntoor * tongue out*

You can say that again
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 9:57am On Oct 26, 2016
I hope Uche won't mess up. She gave him a great gift

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Twizzy30(m): 10:09am On Oct 26, 2016
Lleigh:

Or she could be suffering from old age confusion.
ok
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Twizzy30(m): 10:12am On Oct 26, 2016
dominique:

She may have been embarrassed and doesn't want to show her her daughter her true state of mind
only bibi can unravel that. Let's just kip following
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by dominique(f): 10:23am On Oct 26, 2016
Twizzy30:
only bibi can unravel that. Let's just kip following

Without a doubt she would
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Chommieblaq(f): 10:26am On Oct 26, 2016
bibijay123:

I can't believe you dislike Uche, n u hate Dupe for falling for an ibo guy? ibo peeps r cool o n nice too

Hahahahaha people won't cease to amaze me, I wonder how someone can harbour such hatred for a tribe that he can even translate this hate towards a work of fiction.
Am shocked!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by room089: 10:30am On Oct 26, 2016
Biko nu can somebody tell me how Uche received the 7k sent into his account by Dupe when he has lost every means of identification that would be needed in the bank to the robbers? His ATM was left at home since there was no money in his account.

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Yohmi: 10:40am On Oct 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by ChappyChase: 10:57am On Oct 26, 2016
Nice
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Twizzy30(m): 11:06am On Oct 26, 2016
Hope dat uche nigga is not a cheat. He s behaving like he will be one at d end

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by dominique(f): 12:38pm On Oct 26, 2016
room089:
Biko nu can somebody tell me how Uche received the 7k sent into his account by Dupe when he has lost every means of identification that would be needed in the bank to the robbers? His ATM was left at home since there was no money in his account.

I don't think you need any form of identification to withdraw from your personal account, as long as your signature matches the one in their database. Few times I withdrew over the counter, I did not use one.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by shigo20(m): 12:49pm On Oct 26, 2016
room089:
since my atm got damage early last year ve been withdrawing over d counter and yaff not ve any issue with it
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by noblet2(f): 2:36pm On Oct 26, 2016
bibijay123:
Hi Bibilets!

This story is for Nl competition of dedication. Grab ya popcorns!

cc

noblet2

present ma...*sombori should pass me the popcorn*
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by missuniverse(f): 3:54pm On Oct 26, 2016
room089:
I think he received it over the counter, with his signature behind the withdrawal slip...

Uche lost his belongings, not his signature

6 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2016
room089:

lol i don't ve ATM n I collect money across counter without id.

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by SPDAZZY(f): 5:36pm On Oct 26, 2016
I am so enjoying this story. I hope Uche and Dupe's love stand the test of time. Dupe is such a nice girl.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply)

The Thomas....(a Family) / Short, Witty Quotes! / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.