Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Almost Perfect#nlwriters - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Almost Perfect#nlwriters (230964 Views)

The Connection Is Now..( For All Nlwriters) / Aja 2 (story Of The Dogs) #nlwriters / Secrets #nlwriters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by room089: 11:03pm On Oct 23, 2016
....... Just joined Bibi's west african story train!

I'm Room 089 not 'The Other Room'.

3 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by teebee22(f): 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
cryAnd i was nt called

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 12:04am On Oct 24, 2016
Chapter One

Uche

I was almost at my house when i saw her again. The first time i saw her was last year when she and her church members were sharing pamphlets on the street. I and my guys were playing a friendly game of ludo, i was losing seriously so i was in a sour mood. Their loud singing and joyous clapping as they declared the lord' s second coming and his wonders got to us before we saw them. Ebuka, a burly man who was married with kids was my opponent. Since he lost his driving job, he took his pleasure in playing Ludo games and cursing out the government. I was an unemployed graduate of two years so i had little else to do. The other guys were usually street guys and kids who fancied adult talk.

" Double six!" Ebuka screamed, almost upsetting the ludo game which was placed on the bench we both sat on.

" Take am easy nah" i said surly, i watched with a clenched jaw as Ebuka threw another double six again.

" Double six kill this one" he said, flipping one of my seed back into its house. The others laughed and cheered.

" Six_five" i threw mine, wondering which one of the games to bring out of its home. Ebuka' s seeds were camped outside my house, waiting for me to bring out a seed.

The singing and clapping got louder and they walked towards us, some of them walked right on, still singing and clapping but two of them walked to us.

" Good afternoon," the fair slimmer one said, " we are from the gospel church down the street. We are having a three_ day revival. You are invited to join us" She handed each of the guys a flyer." God bless you as you come"

" Shebi na your papa get the church Nne?" Ebuka asked, " me i dey find job o" the other guys laughed.

" The lord will meet you at the point of your need as you come." the chubby lady with her said, " I hope you will attend."

" Yes o" he replied.

" Brother, take" the fair lady extended a flier towards me.

" Thank you. Who do we ask of when we come for the revival? " i asked, hoping she would tell me her name.

" We have to catch up with the others. You will see us at the revival, we will look out for you all" the dark skinned lady said.

Ebuka and his family had attended the revival and he was employed later on as the driver of one of the deacons. As for me i couldn't attend because i went for an interview outside Lagos. I was told at the end of it that they would get back to me but they hadn't till date. I walked by the church often, hoping to catch a glimpse of her or run into her, i would often pester Ebuka about her but he always told me to get my mind off her as she was a pastor's daughter and he wouldn't even tell me her name.

" Hello!" I called, running to catch up with her. Luckily for me, i was sporting my only new pair of trouser, i had on my younger brother's new Palm slippers and i just had my hair cut the previous day with the two hundred naira i stole from Mama. She stopped and looked back.

" Hello, " She said with a smile.

" Hi. My name is Uchenna," I said, flashing her my best smile." We met sometime last year, you gave me your church flier"

" Oh. Nice to meet you again Uchenna, how come i didn't see you in church? " she asked jokingly.

" I was out of Lagos for a while. You are.....?"

" Dupe." She said, " Will i see you in church on Sunday? "

" Lovely name, I only stopped to say hello to you." I replied, not wanting to answer her question.

" That's nice of you. Where do you worship? "

" I am Catholic "

" Alright." She said, " i have to be on my way."

" Do you mind giving me your phone number?"

" No problem. It's O80....."

" 76?" i asked.

" Yes, it ends with 76."

" I will give you a call later."

" Alright" She said.

I almost jumped up in ecstasy as i watched her walk away. She was so slender, petite and beautiful. Her waist was tiny and i was sure her ass would barely fit into my palm but i was attracted to her all the same. Dupe. The name suits her i thought as i headed back home.

TBC

20 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by dominique(f): 5:06am On Oct 24, 2016
*claps inamazement* shocked shocked angry
Hmmmm, so Bibi started another story without informing me. Good thing I'm not the type that vexes, else what happened in 1842 would have happened again o.

Bhet why did you have to make Dupe and Funmi that old? 27 years old and just graduating? How many times did jamb jam them? undecided

I see another 'Twine' in the making, can't wait to see how the characters will connect.

5 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by veekid(m): 6:23am On Oct 24, 2016
Following bumper to bumper
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by fidek(m): 6:24am On Oct 24, 2016
bibijay123:

fidex

No wonder i didnt get the mention. its k and not x, thanks for the invitation

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 6:33am On Oct 24, 2016
dominique:
*claps inamazement* shocked shocked angry
Hmmmm, so Bibi started another story without informing me. Good thing I'm not the type that vexes, else what happened in 1842 would have happened again o.

Bhet why did you have to make Dupe and Funmi that old? 27 years old and just graduating? How many times did jamb I am them? undecided

I see another 'Twine' in the making, can't wait to see how the characters will connect.

lol sorry ooo, planned on giving u a mention today. abt the age, it was what my mind settled on wanted to change it but it refuses to bt Dupe is younger. Good morning sis,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 6:59am On Oct 24, 2016
teebee22:
cryAnd i was nt called
sorry love

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 8:19am On Oct 24, 2016
* Continues*

Funmi

" Fikayo, what is the name of the young boy who killed Goliath in the bible?" I asked, pointing at the six year old. My Sunday school class was made up of three to seven year old kids. The other kids were actively participating except him, he was busy playing with a toy in his hand. He stood up, looking at me." Fikayo, answer me"

" It was Jonah," he said shyly, eliciting laughter from the other kids.

" Silence Children, you shouldn't laugh at your friend. Rather you correct him, who can tell me the name of that brave young boy who killed Goliath? " i asked.

" It was David!" Simi, a little girl with glasses said.

" Clap for her" i said, walking towards the door as someone had knocked on it. I opened it and Dupe took hold of my hand, pulling me out of the Children's class.

" He's here " She said, " I feel like a high school girl seeing him"

" Who?"

" Uche"

I laughed. " What are you nervous about? "

" Babe, i have a mad crush on that guy!"

" how can you carry a touch for someone you barely know, since last year?,he's all you talked about in camp and when we were done with our Service i thought you would have forgotten about him. Stop acting like a girl in pinafore, he probably doesn't feel the same way about you"

" School girl? I am twenty_ five and this is the first time i am feeling this way about someone. Why won't i act like a school girl?"

" Dupe, " I said with a serious face." I don't want to see you get hurt. He's Catholic and he' s an Igbo guy. Have you even prayed about this? "

" Well he's catholic but he's worshiping with us today. As for his tribe, are we all not one?"

" Have you prayed about it?" i asked again.

" I will start praying about it tonight. How's your class, hope your kids are not stressing you out?"

" Fikayo is a big case. He's always occupied with something, if you collect it from him he looks for another diversion."

" Sorry about that" She laughed, " I like the color of your skirt. Turquoise blue looks good on you""

" Thank you. You like the color but not the skirt itself? because it is too long?" I asked with laughter, " one of these days you will be suspended over your mode of dressing. Your gown is too tight and short. "

" This is even way too loose on me, knee length is not short joor. Enjoy your class" she said, walking towards the staircase.

" Enjoy your distraction" I called after her, I will put her in my prayers i thought as i went back into my class.

TBC

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by dominique(f): 8:20am On Oct 24, 2016
bibijay123:

lol sorry ooo, planned on giving u a mention today. abt the age, it was what my mind settled on wanted to change it but it refuses to bt Dupe is younger. Good morning sis,

Berra mention me o,
Life happens sha, some people are not lucky to gain admission till much later. That could be tge case in this story right?

Good morning dear smiley
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Jellymusty(f): 8:39am On Oct 24, 2016
Presently present and following bumper to bumper
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 8:58am On Oct 24, 2016
dominique:

Berra mention me o,
Life happens sha, some people are not lucky to gain admission till much later. That could be tge case in this story right?

Good morning dear smiley

No dear. You will know later

3 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Twizzy30(m): 9:47am On Oct 24, 2016
Bibi nice one. Funny as it may be. I ve a female frnd called Funmi. Her dad is deacon, churchy type but she rocks nice cloth unlike our funmi in dis story. cool

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 10:22am On Oct 24, 2016
kajiang02 vandops10 johncasey1 niffyluv Dominique frankcris iberibe1 skarlett domido dammypat olabantu jolak5 olatex25 tunjilomo bummybummy bakeuhappy fidelismaria Aitee1 chimeluv Tunechi1 Girl360 Colik Tamedwolf90 fox14 Sexfabregas Thesociopath collinometricx Twaci Kinah sweetieconstie iykekelvins Swann jomagibs Toluwaferan HORLADSTAR

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 24, 2016
bibijay123:
kajiang02
vandops10
johnc asey1
niffyluv
Dom inique
fran kcris
iberib e1
skarl ett
dom ido
damm ypat
olabbantu
jo lak5
olate x25
tunjilo mo
bum mybummy
bakeu happy
fidelis maria
Ait ee1
chim eluv
Tune chi1
Girl 360
Coli k
Tamedwo lf90
fox1 4
Sexf abregas
Thes ociopath
collin ometricx
Tw aci
Ki nah
sweet ieconstie
iykekelvi ns
Swavnn
joma gibs
Toluw aferan
HORLA DSTAR

I've been following even before your call
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 24, 2016
bibijay123:
kajiang02 vandops10 johncasey1 niffyluv Dominique frankcris iberibe1 skarlett domido dammypat olabantu jolak5 olatex25 tunjilomo bummybummy bakeuhappy fidelismaria Aitee1 chimeluv Tunechi1 Girl360 Colik Tamedwolf90 fox14 Sexfabregas Thesociopath collinometricx Twaci Kinah sweetieconstie iykekelvins Swann jomagibs Toluwaferan HORLADSTAR
I'm right here ma'am. smiley
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by shigo20(m): 10:45am On Oct 24, 2016
Following
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Chommieblaq(f): 11:04am On Oct 24, 2016
Bibi yaf come and didn't mention me

Well done dear!
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by queentosks(f): 11:53am On Oct 24, 2016
Hmmm, interesting!!! I luv ur stories, u simply d best, wishing u d vry bst in all u do kiss
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 24, 2016
bibijay123:

Swann

Always following, sis
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by yorhmienerd(m): 1:49pm On Oct 24, 2016
This is refreshing
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by yusufibrahim(m): 1:55pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hi bibijay hope am not late keep them coming u will definitely still be here More grace to u
#respect

2 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by dominique(f): 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2016
bibijay123:

No dear. You will know later

Kk, we'll see. Trust you'd deliver another superb story
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
Dupe behaving like a typical pastor's child grin

Here m'Lady....#TeamBibiTakingItHome
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 4:14pm On Oct 24, 2016
* Continues*

Uche

I was in a very good mood despite the noise my Siblings were making. They were fighting over a piece of meat. Twenty_ year old Chidubem was obviously trying to cheat the twin girls, Chinasa and Chinonye. They were arguing hotly over the size of the meat he had given them. I started whistling to block out their annoying voices. I closed my eyes, visualizing Dupe's beautiful face. She was the first person i saw on entering the church premises. She wore a black and white strip gown that was well fitted and it brought out her slim figure well. On her head was a black beret. She was an usher, she had given me a warm smile and directed me to a seat. After the service, i lingered outside until she came out and i swiftly secured a date for the next day. Chinonye started crying as Dubem gave her a knock on the head for daring to challenge his authority.

" Ejima, kedu ife na_eme e be a " Mama asked, walking into the sitting room. She was a light skinned woman in her fifties, she was tall and fat. She wiped her hands on her wrapper, glancing briefly in my direction. She walked to the section we had made our dinning. " What is going on here?"

" Mama, bro Dubem knocked Nonye on her head" Chinasa replied, eyeing him.

" Dubem! Since when did you become Bach Ali? Why are you terrorizing your younger sisters?"

" Mama they don't want to accept the pieces of meat i gave them. They want me to share it equally"

" So you are fighting over meat ehn? where are the pieces of meat? put it on the plate let me see." They all dropped their piece back into the plate. Mama lifted up the plate, gathered the three pieces of meat and threw them into her mouth. " ungrateful children! how many of your father's family has meat to eat? how many times have they brought even a cup of garri to give to their late brother's children? If i hear peem again ehn," She went into her room and shouted my name.

I stood up to answer her call. My family and i lived in a three bedroom flat. My mom had one room to herself, i also had one to myself as the eldest child, Chidubem and the twins shared a room with bunk beds.

" Mama, you called me" I said.

" Biko sit down, Uchenna, "

I sat down on the stool in the room.

" Why were you not in church today?"

" I went to see a friend"

" So that your friend is bigger than God? what was so urgent that couldn't wait after mass."

" Who said i didn't go to church today? I went to see a friend in another church "

" Hia! Uchenna! which church?"

" Mama what is this nah? why are you questioning me like this?" I asked with anger.

" Nna calm down nah, i was worried when i didn't see you during or after service." She said softly, " Which one of your friends did you visit?"

" You don't know her mama. She's a girl i just met and i am interested in her"

" What is her name? is she also a catholic? " She asked, frowning.

" No. Her name is Dupe "

" Chineke! Uche kukuma kill me nah, ehn, how could you be interested in a girl that is not catholic? she's not even an ibo girl. There are several beautiful and decent girls in St. Paul' s but Mba, it is agbero you want! Yoruba! Tufiakwa! Will your father hear this and not turn in his grave?"

" Mama, i am no longer a child. I am old enough to differentiate between good and bad. Dupe is a decent girl and she's also from a christian home. As a matter of fact, her father is a pastor." I stood up." You will change your view of the yorubas once you get to meet her "

" I don't want to meet her! Uche! Uche! Uche! How many times did i call you? I don't want you to have anything to do with her!" She shouted," I will not sit and watch you throw your life away "

I laughed and hugged her, she tried to push my hands away. " Mama! You haven't even met this girl o. You don't know anything about her but you have already written her off. Trust your son nah, you know i can't go for what is not good. I assure you that you will like her, but you won't meet her now. It is too early for that."

" I don't trust you o and i don't want to meet her! " Mama said, " ask Nasa and Nonye to come put my room in order when they finish eating"

" OK." I said, " Mama, can i get five hundred box from you?"

" Mba. It is five hundred packs i will give you. You want to use my money to buy recharge card so that you can Facebook that Yoruba girl, Mba!"

I went out of the room, my mind was already over our conversation. I wondered if i could last till the next day to see her again. I had already made plans to take her to Barcelos at GRA for the date.

Tbc

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 4:16pm On Oct 24, 2016
jagugu88li:
Dupe behaving like a typical pastor's child grin

Here m'Lady....#TeamBibiTakingItHome

lol thank you babe

2 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 4:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
Twizzy30:
Bibi nice one. Funny as it may be. I ve a female frnd called Funmi. Her dad is deacon, churchy type but she rocks nice cloth unlike our funmi in dis story. cool

lol wat a coincidence. very funny o

2 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 4:20pm On Oct 24, 2016
queentosks:
Hmmm, interesting!!! I luv ur stories, u simply d best, wishing u d vry bst in all u do kiss

Thank you dear, wish you the very best in all u do too

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 4:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
Chommieblaq:
Bibi yaf come and didn't mention me

Well done dear!
no vex dear

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 4:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
yusufibrahim:
Hi bibijay hope am not late keep them coming u will definitely still be here More grace to u
#respect

No you are not o, thank you. bless u too

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by veekid(m): 4:40pm On Oct 24, 2016
" Ejima, kedu ife na_eme e be a " somebody should plz help me with this

Nice update; buh looks kinda small for my eyes ........
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2016
[quote author=veekid post=50473697]" Ejima, kedu ife na_eme e be a " somebody should plz help me with this

Nice update; buh looks kinda small for my eyes ........[/quote

small as in short update?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply)

The Thomas....(a Family) / Short, Witty Quotes! / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.