Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode (5225 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Atiku Dumping APC: "APC Will Be Buried In 2019" / Certainly, Femi Adesina Has Finally Lost His Mind - Femi-fani-kayode / Femi Fani-Kayode Rearrested By EFCC (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by blackpanda: 5:19am On Oct 24, 2016
Igboid:
I guess some people don't know the difference between A kingdom and and an Empire.

Nigeria was part of the British empire, does it now make us British?

That Bini stretched her land grabbing expansionism and imperialistic influence over Western Igboland is a known historical fact, but that doesn't mean that Western Igboland was Biniland, just as Nigeria being part of British empire didn't mean Nigeria is now part of Britain.

I know u feel u have spoken smartly. But my dear u have said nothing. Nigeria is still a member of common wealth, and there are yorubas who are part of igboland. Yes independence and decolonisation has changed this, but u cant change history.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by Osmondinho(m): 5:42am On Oct 24, 2016
finally the Yoruba lies have been laid to rest.

I bet you, this will not make front page because the owner of the thread will not want the lies his people have been perpetuating since to come to light.

lalasticlala, seun, my44 .... This is FrontPage material

1 Like

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by Sanchez01: 6:04am On Oct 24, 2016
The Bini who were the dominant military force from the 15th to the 19th century raided and sold other ethnicities to the Europeans. Top on the list of those they sold were the Yoruba, Ibo and Igala.
I know the old Bini Empire had so much power and influence but never believed the empire was powerful enough to sell Igbos, Igalas and Yorubas into slavery. This is something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by Ahmed0336(m): 6:11am On Oct 24, 2016
Lemme add one here. The First Proffessor in Quantity Surveying in Nigeria and West Africa is Professor T.C mogbo(FUT Minna) and ibo man

3 Likes

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by Igboid: 6:14am On Oct 24, 2016
blackpanda:

I know u feel u have spoken smartly. But my dear u have said nothing. Nigeria is still a member of common wealth, and there are yorubas who are part of igboland. Yes independence and decolonisation has changed this, but u cant change history.

No Yorubas are part of Igboland, anymore than there are Igbos in Isokoland.

Those people you call Yoruba had since assimilated into the Enu-ani Igbo culture, and today share same cultural, political and philosophical beliefs as Ndiigbo, also are partakers in our commonwealth, and so are Igbos today, just as Igbide though originally from Eastern Igbo, but having migrated into the heartland of Isokoland, had since assimilated into the Isoko cultural, Linguistic and political realm. They are in all ramifications Isokos and Igbos can nolonger lay claim to them.

I'm sorry my friend, there are no Yorubas in Igboland(Enu-ani). If you mean Igbos of Yorubas ancestry, then you are right, as Olukumis( Odiani) are of Yorubas ancestry, just as we have Ossomaris who are of Igalla ancestry, the Ettes and the Adukwus of Enugu Ezike Who are of Idoma ancestry, the Effium and Ntezi who are of Ukwelle ancestry, the many families in Ika who are of Edo origin, the Aros who assimiliated the non Igbo speaking Akpas within them during the war for the soul of Arochukwu with the Ibibios.

You see my friend, Igbo is not a monolithic group, we come in different shades. We are a conglomerate, yet we are one people, United by Igbo language spoken in a continuum of myriads of forms called dialects ,and many shared cultural and spiritual beliefs.

4 Likes

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by Sanchez01: 6:20am On Oct 24, 2016
Clinton9000:
That was how they packaged a quarter of a century old lie that they are the most educated people in Nigeria when statistics upon statistics show Igbos lead by very high margin, and after Igbo are non Igbo Deltans and followed by Edo. This has been the yr after yr pattern in the last decade or so, yet these pathological liars keep peddling the mendacity they are the most educated. I served in Ondo state and I crisscrossed all SW states during my service, I was shocked to know and see that nearly 25% of older yorubaas cannot speak average English on conversation level. But come to SE and SS...nearly every old person you meet, even in their 90s, speaks at least average English.
While I don't mean to rubbish your point, I believe it would be suicidal to compare western Education between the Igbos and the Yorubas. It is not a secret that the Yorubas are the most educated. Ignore the statistics as there are no concrete methods of conclusion, just as there are no true test for measuring the said statistics. The so-called part of Ondo you went to, I'm sure, is the rural area, which can often pose a problem as all they're know for is communicating in their mother tongue.

You claimed you crisscrossed all SW states and nearly 25% of older Yorubas cannot speak the English language. How were you able to realize the 25% if I might ask? Truth is, no matter how educated a people are, you'd still find some uneducated elements among. Either way, it would be suicidal for anyone to compare Education in Yorubaland to other parts of Nigeria. And if you're relying on WAEC and the many corrupt exam bodies as your basis of determining education, then you're no doing your points any good. The so-called 'best' school in the East (a male only boarding school that has produced about two to three governors and other high profile individuals in Nigeria, according to facts) is a breeding centre for malpractice. I wasn't told. I saw this with my very two eyes. Not like this doesn't happen in the SW, it does, but that of the said school is special, VERY SPECIAL.

We're not advanced as a country to the point of relying on statistics as there are no solid means of measurements. Only a blind man would argue this.

6 Likes

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by Igboid: 6:23am On Oct 24, 2016
Osmondinho:
finally the Yoruba lies have been laid to rest.

I bet you, this will not make front page because the owner of the thread will not want the lies his people have been perpetuating since to come to light.

lalasticlala, seun, my44 .... This is FrontPage material

It's an old topic. And made the front page here in 2013 or thereabout when it was first written.
You can't blame NL for not pushing it to the frontpage again.
Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by blackpanda: 6:25am On Oct 24, 2016
Igboid:

No Yorubas are part of Igboland, anymore than there are Igbos in Isokoland.

Those people you call Yoruba had since assimilated into the Enu-ani Igbo culture, and today share same cultural, political and philosophical beliefs as Ndiigbo, also are partakers in our commonwealth, and so are Igbos today, just as Igbide though originally from Eastern Igbo, but having migrated into the heartland of Isokoland, had since assimilated into the Isoko cultural, Linguistic and political realm. They are in all raIgbos can nolonger lay claim to them.

I'm sorry my friend, there are no Yorubas in Igboland(Enu-ani). If you mean Igbos of Yorubas ancestry, then you are right, as Olukumis( Odiani) are of Yorubas ancestry, just as we have Ossomaris who are of Igalla ancestry, the Ettes and the Adukwus of Enugu Ezike Who are of Idoma ancestry, the Effium and Ntezi who are of Ukwelle ancestry, the many families in Ika who are of Edo origin, the Aros who assimiliated the non Igbo speaking Akpas within them during the war for the soul of Arochukwu with the Ibibios.

You see my friend, Igbo is not a monolithic group, we come in different shades. We are a conglomerate, yet we are one people, United by Igbo language spoken in a continuum of myriads of forms called dialects ,and many shared cultural and spiritual beliefs.

The 3 pparagraphs of ur epistle contradict each other and are largely incorrect. You say there are no yorubas in igboland? Wrong. There is no place in nigeria where persons of other tribes arent residing. The bulk of ur epistle only resides in your wild imagination. Nigeria is a large, diverse, intertwined and multicultural country. Cultures have merged as a result of movement of persons, inter-marriages and search for economic benefits. So stop day-dreaming. There is nothing monolithic about igboland. Igbos are also in edo, ondo, lagos and sokoto. There are kogis whose origin are from enugu and onitsha. And vice versa
Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by Igboid: 6:33am On Oct 24, 2016
blackpanda:

The 3 pparagraphs of ur epistle contradict each other and are largely incorrect. You say there are no yorubas in igboland? Wrong. There is no place in nigeria where persons of other tribes arent residing. The bulk of ur epistle only resides in your wild imagination. Nigeria is a large, diverse, intertwined and multicultural country. Cultures have merged as a result of movement of persons, inter-marriages and search for economic benefits. So stop day-dreaming. There is nothing monolithic about igboland. Igbos are also in edo, ondo, lagos and sokoto. There are kogis whose origin are from enugu and onitsha. And vice versa

I thought we were speaking of indigenous groups, and not residents.
Well, in that case you are right, we have many non Igbos resident in Igboland, just as we have Ndiigbo Resident in the 36 states of Nigeria.

if you were talking about resident groups, then fire on by all means. But if you wanted to use the Yoruba ancestry of the Odiani clan of Enu-ani to claim a part of Igboland, then your plan is DOA.

1 Like

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 24, 2016
Adegoke Olubummo

Born: April 19, 1923 died: October 26, 1992

place: Orin Ekiti, Ondo State (Nigeria)

B.A. Fourah College, Freetown Sierra Leone (1950); M.A. in Mathematics (1952) Kings College, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, in the University of Durham United Kingdom

Ph.D. (1955) from King's College, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, in the University of Durham United Kingdom
thesis: Studies in the Theory of Linear Spaces; W Rogosinski
Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by blackpanda: 6:41am On Oct 24, 2016
Igboid:

I thought we were speaking of indigenous groups, and not residents.
Well, in that case you are right, we have many non Igbos resident in Igboland, just as we have Ndiigbo Resident in the 36 states of Nigeria.

if you were talking about resident groups, then fire on by all means. But if you wanted to use the Yoruba ancestry of the Odiani clan of Enu-ani to claim a part of Igboland, then your plan is DOA.

Please read well before u spill trash. Fact is there are igbos with yoruba ancestry, there are kogis with igbo ancestry, there are edos with igbo ancestry. So stop deceiving yourself. There is no part of nigeria that is ethnically exclusive!

1 Like

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 24, 2016
greatest black mathematicians. Ibo's and Yoruba make great exploit when they work together... as an be seen from those forefathers... competition between them never work because what was supposed to be the gains were eroded away. Ezeilo, Olubumo, and Obi were not just contemporaries but friends. http://math.buffalo.edu/mad/madgreatest.html#70s-60s

1 Like

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by Igboid: 6:50am On Oct 24, 2016
blackpanda:

Please read well before u spill trash. Fact is there are igbos with yoruba ancestry, there are kogis with igbo ancestry, there are edos with igbo ancestry. So stop deceiving yourself. There is no part of nigeria that is ethnically exclusive!

Now you are going in circles. How is any of the things you said news?

Kogis of Igbo ancestry, do you see them calling themselves Igbo rather than Igalas?

I know Esan( Edo) communities with Igbo ancestry, yet they don't call themselves Igbos, they are Esans.

Why exactly were you expecting Igbos of Yoruba ancestry to identify as anyother thing but Igbos?

Please, we are all related, yet there are thick lines separating us all.

3 Likes

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by blackpanda: 6:55am On Oct 24, 2016
Igboid:

Now you are going in circles. How is any of the things you said news?

Kogis of Igbo ancestry, do you see them calling themselves Igbo rather than Igalas?

I know Esan( Edo) communities with Igbo ancestry, yet they don't call themselves Igbos, they are Esans.

Why exactly were you expecting Igbos of Yoruba ancestry to identify as anyother thing but Igbos?

Please, we are all related, yet there are thick lines separating us all.

There is no line seperating anybody. Those lines are just a product of ur imagination born out of hate and bias. Nigeria remains one and indivisible. If my father is yoruba, mother is igbo and she raises me in awka, names me chukwudi and I speak only igbo, Will u call me yoruba?? This silliness in trying to draw lines where they dont exist must stop. We are only related and bound by a single destiny
Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by Igboid: 7:01am On Oct 24, 2016
blackpanda:

There is no line seperating anybody. Those lines are just a product of ur imagination born out of hate and bias. Nigeria remains one and indivisible. If my father is yoruba, mother is igbo and she raises me in awka, names me chukwudi and I speak only igbo, Will u call me yoruba?? This silliness in trying to draw lines where they dont exist must stop. We are only related and bound by a single destiny

Now this is a delusional way of thinking. The lines are there. And Nigeria is an Artificial creation that is living on borrowed time, Ndiigbo don't share same spiritual/ political/ cultural ideology with Yorubas and Hausa-Fulani, we can't be bound by same destiny.

If your father is Yoruba, then you are Yoruba, it's as simple as that.

2 Likes

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 7:06am On Oct 24, 2016
Sanchez01:

While I don't mean to rubbish your point, I believe it would be suicidal to compare western Education between the Igbos and the Yorubas. It is not a secret that the Yorubas are the most educated. Ignore the statistics as there are no concrete methods of conclusion, just as there are no true test for measuring the said statistics. The so-called part of Ondo you went to, I'm sure, is the rural area, which can often pose a problem as all they're know for is communicating in their mother tongue.

You claimed you crisscrossed all SW states and nearly 25% of older Yorubas cannot speak the English language. How were you able to realize the 25% if I might ask? Truth is, no matter how educated a people are, you'd still find some uneducated elements among. Either way, it would be suicidal for anyone to compare Education in Yorubaland to other parts of Nigeria. And if you're relying on WAEC and the many corrupt exam bodies as your basis of determining education, then you're no doing your points any good. The so-called 'best' school in the East (a male only boarding school that has produced about two to three governors and other high profile individuals in Nigeria, according to facts) is a breeding centre for malpractice. I wasn't told. I saw this with my very two eyes. Not like this doesn't happen in the SW, it does, but that of the said school is special, VERY SPECIAL.

We're not advanced as a country to the point of relying on statistics as there are no solid means of measurements. Only a blind man would argue this.

Your write up is very funny...

If statistics isn't reliable and if there's no accurate way of getting these facts, how then did you come up with the fact that Yorubas are the most educated, on what premise?

Please, what is the name of the school you talked about in your write up?

2 Likes

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by OBAGADAFFI: 7:14am On Oct 24, 2016
2014 news in 2016
Nairalanders like old news too much.
Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by Olu317(m): 7:40am On Oct 24, 2016
This N'digbo scholars are First Class liars...The first professor of mathematics in Nigeria was Professor Adegoke Olubunnmu a Yoruba from Orin Ekiti. This record is based on the rankings among Nigerians and not the whole Yorubas in diaspora as citizens of other countries of the world. If the scholar had said chike Obi was the first phd, perhaps it is tenable but still contentious about him being the first. Once the scholar got it wrong then all others are basically fallacy as well. Although credence are given to some Ibos no doubt about it but fact must be well spelt out properly .These researches have flaws
Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by 989900D: 7:43am On Oct 24, 2016
I like reading comments on threads like this as it makes for a personal humour for me, cause we are all related. For educational purpose, read about the 'Bantu migration' (this especially indicates a very large proportion of black Africans across Africa today emigrated from an area between modern day Nigeria and Cameroun . . . even as near as 400 years ago), 'the blacks of China', 'Brazilian African ancestry', 'European African ancestry', 'Out of Africa' and many more . . . the creator and our ancestors must be having a laugh the way we childishly claim exclusivity.
Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by DozieInc(m): 7:49am On Oct 24, 2016
Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by Sanchez01: 8:27am On Oct 24, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Your write up is very funny...

If statistics isn't reliable and if there's no accurate way of getting these facts, how then did you come up with the fact that Yorubas are the most educated, on what premise?

Please, what is the name of the school you talked about in your write up?
Interestingly, it is funny indeed. However, please note I did not bring up any statistics or analysis to justify my points.

I'm very much positive that those who have left their comfort zones to either the SW or the SE would agree with my initial assertions as I still stand by them. For someome like me, it wouldn't be hard for you to figure this out having spent all my life in the SW and now spending some part in the SE. Education in the SE is nowhere near what you have in the SW. Secondary school seems to be the limit of most people in the SE here, after which they deviate and go into trades or migrate. Not like these folks are absent in the SW, but it is not as high as what you have here. You tend to see a 14-year-old boy still in a primary school and then you wonder what went wrong? And those in the secondary schools? Some of them would readily pass as men without stress.

I had such people way back in my class as far back as then and they were Yorubas. We would jokingly refer to them as 'brother Kazeem' (a stereotypical name we baranded those that are way older). What I'm saying is factors might contribute to such a child's late education but when you see them more often than ever, I guess it's safe to say education isn't considered all too important. Education among the wealthy Igbos is what most people use as a measuring tool for the Igbos. The typical middle class family and lower class that I've seen clearly around do not embrace education as such here.

2 Likes

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by freeze001(f): 8:47am On Oct 24, 2016
The two reports from FFK and this scholar were written long before now, only unearthed to prove whatever points. If u took time to read this rejoinder u just castigated, you'd have seen reference to Jonathan being the President at the time of his writing. U should take time to verify things before u expose some kind of ignorance.

ycat:
And the pseudo scholar had to wait for Fani-Kayode to be behind bars before he could find his own voice? Yeah right! It's when you know you are lying your witness is in a faraway place. He needs to wait, Ffk will soon be out. Inferiority complex is indeed a terrible thing. Facts will remain facts. You can't say you were at any point in time great if you couldn't even conquer the village around you and leave your mark, instead you have other people's mark in every aspect of your lives. This junk historian needs to go back and learn that the conqueror is the one whose language, names and way of worship go beyond their physical boundaries. And the only tribe meeting that in the entire south is Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by bakynes(m): 9:19am On Oct 24, 2016
But how can igbos be the first people to be educated in Nigeria when the British came into the present space called Nigeria through the shores of Lagos. That means they must have first encountered Yorubas (Aworis,Egbas) and Binis before going to other parts of the country to conquer. To me that's enough facts to show that the Yoruba's were the first educated people in Nigeria.

There are many old colonial structure throughout some SW states like Lagos to Ibadan to Abeokuta but you rarely find such structures in SE so it's only reasonable the Yoruba's who had the first encounter with the British will be the first to be educated.

1 Like

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:34am On Oct 24, 2016
Sanchez01:

Interestingly, it is funny indeed. However, please note I did not bring up any statistics or analysis to justify my points.

I'm very much positive that those who have left their comfort zones to either the SW or the SE would agree with my initial assertions as I still stand by them. For someome like me, it wouldn't be hard for you to figure this out having spent all my life in the SW and now spending some part in the SE. Education in the SE is nowhere near what you have in the SW. Secondary school seems to be the limit of most people in the SE here, after which they deviate and go into trades or migrate. Not like these folks are absent in the SW, but it is not as high as what you have here. You tend to see a 14-year-old boy still in a primary school and then you wonder what went wrong? And those in the secondary schools? Some of them would readily pass as men without stress.

I had such people way back in my class as far back as then and they were Yorubas. We would jokingly refer to them as 'brother Kazeem' (a stereotypical name we baranded those that are way older). What I'm saying is factors might contribute to such a child's late education but when you see them more often than ever, I guess it's safe to say education isn't considered all too important. Education among the wealthy Igbos is what most people use as a measuring tool for the Igbos. The typical middle class family and lower class that I've seen clearly around do not embrace education as such here.

Where exactly are you in the SE? I'm curious to know and that's because I grew up here and back then while I was in secondary school we had older seniors who could easily pass as men. Right now, in that same secondary school the students who are in SS3 are never above 16/17, I mean never. But that doesn't mean that you still won't find one or two older people who for one reason or another went to school late, so, please, stop generalising.

Go and check jamb statistic for some years now, and you'd discover that south east states tops the list of applicants and you say we stop at secondary school? It's also false when you attribute post secondary education to rich families. Here in the environment where I reside, you will see children of orange sellers in school, bread sellers; people who just do roadside trade, what are you saying? I know how many people who are still expecting admission, people who do not even have access to Internet enabled phones, people in remote villages and I am the one following up their admission applications.
Please don't generalise on what you don't know. Going to the university here is more like your right to belong to the society these days; even those who went to learn trade are doing part time studies. While I was at Ahmdu Bello university, I knew so many Igbo traders who went to Zaria as sales boy, who now are on their own, they all are running part time programs. That still doesn't mean there aren't people who do not stop at secondary school or those who didn't even attend at all.

http://punchng.com/imo-highest-number-utme-candidates/

That's a news article that shows Imo state had the highest number of jamb applicants in this year's JAMB exercise, it has been so for some years. Maybe you'd have to tell me that JAMB's statistics shouldn't be taken seriously, since they can't compute the details of applicants accurately, right?

3 Likes

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by bakynes(m): 10:07am On Oct 24, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Where exactly are you in the SE? I'm curious to know and that's because I grew up here and back then while I was in secondary school we had older seniors who could easily pass as men. Right now, in that same secondary school the students who are in SS3 are never above 16/17, I mean never. But that doesn't mean that you still won't find one or two older people who for one reason or another went to school late, so, please, stop generalising.

Go and check jamb statistic for some years now, and you'd discover that south east state tops the list of applicants and you say we stop at secondary school? It's also false when you attribute post secondary education to rich families. Here in the environment where I reside, you will see children of orange sellers in school, bread sellers; people who just do roadside trade, what are you saying? I know how many people who are still expecting admission, people who do not even have access to Internet enabled phones, people in remote villages and I am the one following up their admission applications.
Please don't generalise on what you don't know. Going to the university here is more like your right to belong to the society these days; even those who went to learn trade are doing part time studies. While I was at Ahmdu Bello university, I knew so many Igbo traders who went to Zaria as sales boy, who now are on their own, they all are running part time programs. That stuff doesn't mean there people who do not stop at secondary school or those who didn't even attend at all.

That's a news article that shows Imo state had the highest number of jamb applicants in this year's JAMB exercise, it has been so for some years. Maybe you'd have to tell me that JAMB's statistics shouldn't be taken seriously, since they can't compute the details of applicants accurately, right?
Your argument is not what the issue is about. The igbo scholar is countering FFK's submission of Yoruba's been the first graduates in various fields.

The submission is not abt Igbos now topping results in Jamb, WAEC etc.

To me if Yoruba's first encountered the British before the rest of other tribes and the Western region was the first to declare free education,built the first Nigerian University then it's most likely that they produced the most first graduates in various fields more than other Nigerian tribes.

1 Like

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by omofunaab(m): 10:27am On Oct 24, 2016
A nairalander's take on the igbos

They live in fool's paradise.. A world where they create their own lies, the things they want to believe and
the things that helps surpress their inferiority complex and consistently repeat it to themselves - whathaveidone July 03 2016

No matter how you guys create your own lies and call it history, it still doesn't change the fact that you are still playing catch up

3 Likes

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 11:05am On Oct 24, 2016
bakynes:

Your argument is not what the issue is about. The igbo scholar is countering FFK's submission of Yoruba's been the first graduates in various fields.

The submission is not any Igbos now topping results in Jamb, WAEC etc.

To me if Yoruba's first encountered the British before the rest of other tribes and the Western region was the first to declare free education,built the first Nigerian University then it's most likely that the produced the most first graduates in various fields more than other Nigerian tribes.

Did you read through the guy's write up, I mean the guy I'm arguing with?
Maybe you should go and read through, then you'd understand mine.

1 Like

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 11:29am On Oct 24, 2016
omofunaab:
A nairalander's take on the igbos

They live in fool's paradise.. A world where they create their own lies, the things they want to believe and
the things that helps surpress their inferiority complex and consistently repeat it to themselves - whathaveidone July 03 2016

No matter how you guys create your own lies and call it history, it still doesn't change the fact that you are still playing catch up

Catching up with whom exactly? I don't understand why people would just come online and start making a fool of themselves out of hatred.

Please, Sir, I want to be enlightened, could you please list the areas in life where the Igbo nation is playing catch-up with the Yoruba nation, and please do so with verifiable facts. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by dunkem21(m): 11:32am On Oct 24, 2016
Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
Sanchez01:

Guy you must be drunk. I schooled in onitsha. There were 202 of us in the same ss3 set. Majority of us were 16yrs old, followed by those who were 17.About 5 were 18. And only one was 19.
None of us were from rich families. Majority middle class.

Stop peddling lies.

1 Like

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 24, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Go and check jamb statistic for some years now, and you'd discover that south east state tops the list of applicants and you say we stop at secondary school? It's also false when you attribute post secondary education to rich families. Here in the environment where I reside, you will see children of orange sellers in school, bread sellers; people who just do roadside trade, what are you saying? I know how many people who are still expecting admission, people who do not even have access to Internet enabled phones, people in remote villages and I am the one following up their admission applications.
Please don't generalise on what you don't know. Going to the university here is more like your right to belong to the society these days; even those who went to learn trade are doing part time studies. While I was at Ahmdu Bello university, I knew so many Igbo traders who went to Zaria as sales boy, who now are on their own, they all are running part time programs. That stuff doesn't mean there people who do not stop at secondary school or those who didn't even attend at all.

Leave them, lying and deception is what they are known for. If you bring up jamb stats., they will call jamb corrupt. Waec nko, they will still call it corrupt because it doesn't suit their lies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGBO SCHOLAR DISGRACES Femi Fani Kayode by dEastActivist: 1:04pm On Oct 24, 2016
I love this thread...
Exposing the lies being concocted for years by the Yorubas.
Lol.

But lalasticlala what reason(s) do you have that this rejoinder is not on front-page. Please for the interest and benefit of those that missed it on previous years can you do us a favour and take it to FP

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Atiku Fulani Or Hausa Or Mixed Breed / Crowd As Buhari Commissions Projects In Imo [photos] / See How INEC Manipulate Agege LGA Result, Real Result(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.