Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others (20435 Views)

BREAKING: JAMB Announces Cut-off Marks For Universities, Others / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education / Breaking!!!! NUC Releases Official List Of JAMB Cut-off Points For All Federal & (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by agabaI23(m): 11:22pm On Oct 23, 2016
It is all about the North. Very.soon they will say that North East will become catchment area for South East.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
God na yhur hand i day ooo...Make yhu favour me in the BUK forthcoming admission lists... xo I go comot 4 d hand of dis visionless mediocre called jamb.... baba God pick up ma call.... N jamb say dem no gree 4 dat 3 yrs expiration way d red chamber propose
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by GOLDENWOLF(m): 11:49pm On Oct 23, 2016
AnodaIT:
Now someone with 80 in the north can get admission for medicine, graduate and become the Minister for Health while those in the south will be struggling with their 240.

All those Aso Demons sha
you get any idea of school wey dey collect low mark for north ?
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by Donbigi2(m): 11:51pm On Oct 23, 2016
ijustdey:

This approach would be abused and used to favour some people more than the others....
Please explain
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by dinggle: 11:55pm On Oct 23, 2016
I don't support scrapping cut-off marks! it will encourage half baked students, prostitution and unemployable graduates....cut-offs has always been determined by score grades from students who wrote jamb.....some ppl have no business taking Jamb. It is only in Nigeria a student will wanna use prayer and fasting to pass Jamb instead of reading hard. It is enough to extend jamb result by 3 yrs...I think the Northerners wanna bring the standard of education down to help upgrade the North with certificates, i don't disagree but it should start and end in the north with northern universities. If dem wanna admit ppl with jamb score of 50 so be it. Southerners are not brain dead, and like we say "if brain no carry book, go learn handwork".
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by Chokmah(m): 12:03am On Oct 24, 2016
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by Melancholy(m): 12:06am On Oct 24, 2016
Lisaint:
Advantage:

This will give universities like Unilorin,Unilag and co the power to raise there cutoff to 250 thereby reducing the number of aspirant they are having per year.

It will reduce the extortion my those university management.

Disadvantage:

Special Center go Plenty for jamb because everyone will be hustling to get 300for jamb.

The rich will be favour.

Extortion will fight back in another form.
But
I thought senate has extend the result to three years why The Man no talk about ham abi the issue don they the

OTHER ROOM ni?

If u dont mind let me help u on this. Any bill u hear being passed by the national assembly requires the president assent. So as it were, the bill for extension of validity of jamb into law is still pending.
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by Ifeskilz(m): 12:44am On Oct 24, 2016
UNN Alumni Association National Essay Competition 2016 CLICK HERE for more details
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by Sirlovings: 3:21am On Oct 24, 2016
AnodaIT:
Now someone with 80 in the north can get admission for medicine, graduate and become the Minister for Health while those in the south will be struggling with their 240.

All those Aso Demons sha

They are reducing the standard purely to please the north. If not, why can't jamb ask universities and other tertiary institutions to increase their cut off Mark if they choose to do so. But the jamb minimum cut off Mark will remain the same.

Reducing the Jamb/Educational standard in disguise will not help Nigeria. Those who cannot get the 180, should try again or enrol into a vocational skills institute.

Besides, Nigeria needs less people with unproductive certificate and more of technical/vocational skilled workers to drive up the manufacturing industry.
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by Sirlovings: 3:24am On Oct 24, 2016
They are reducing the standard purely to please the north. If not, why can't jamb ask universities and other tertiary institutions to increase their cut off Mark if they choose to do so. But the jamb minimum cut off Mark will remain the same.

Reducing the Jamb/Educational standard in disguise will not help Nigeria. Those who cannot get the 180, should try again or enrol into a vocational skills institute.

Besides, Nigeria needs less people with unproductive certificate and more of technical/vocational skilled workers to drive up the manufacturing industry.

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:53am On Oct 24, 2016
nairalanddotorg:
This is aimed at accommodating mediocrity.
My hand no dey oo!
Mediocrity? Yes, I agree. But in some private and state-owned institutions that will still retain or even go bellow the 180 cut off mark. Most federal universities, the first generation ones especially, will raise the cut off mark.
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by jennyebi(f): 5:18am On Oct 24, 2016
confused people
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by theantidote: 5:48am On Oct 24, 2016
in the next ten we will all look back at this decisions and weep for the products of our institutions.... henceforth only the dull ones will gain admission
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by theantidote: 5:49am On Oct 24, 2016
in the next 5 to 10 years we will all look back at this decisions and weep for the products of our institutions.... henceforth only the dull ones will gain admission
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by omejesabastine: 6:10am On Oct 24, 2016
Nigeria, a mere geographical blunder.

May thunder from Gadaffi academy strike all the senile old men driving Nigeria backwards.

Iseeeeee!
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by kode12: 6:50am On Oct 24, 2016
this is a good development and should be applauded. All universities are not of the same calibre in the country,just as all students arent of same. When universities have the freedom to set their cut-off as they please,it will serve as a screening mechanism itself and help in getting the best students intellectually.All that needs to be done currently is strengthening the security and credibility of JAMB so that results are actually genuine,that way when a student scores 280 and puts in for medicine in a institution he/she will actually have a chance,not competing with people of far lesser scores,then those who score less can go to schools that accept their level of grades. It becomes explicitly what you deserve.
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by slivertongue: 7:39am On Oct 24, 2016
JAMB desending to the abyss JAMB has outlived its usefulness
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by mbhs139(m): 7:59am On Oct 24, 2016
ceeethru:
Finish off everything so that with NEPA bill we can gain admission to study law and medicine! Nonsense country!

I really don't like castigating people on social media, its not in my habit, but as much as I try not to, I can resist the temptation.

You see my friend, I bet, perhaps, you didn't read the part where it was said that it is open to national debate. Instead of you to bring your own contribution, as regards the propriety or otherwise of the idea, you are here castigating. Yet, mofos like you complain of not having a job. Is this the type of contribution you want to contribute at project meetings? Idiot

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by ceeethru(m): 8:16am On Oct 24, 2016
mbhs139:

I really don't like castigating people on social media, its not in my habit, but as much as I try not to, I can resist the temptation.

You see my friend, I bet, perhaps, you didn't read the part where it was said that it is open to national debate. Instead of you to bring your own contribution, as regards the propriety or otherwise of the idea, you are here castigating. Yet, mofos like you complain of not having a job. Is this the type of contribution you want to contribute at project meetings? Idiot
You can see your stupidity has no boundary. what has been your own contribution on the subject matter? Castigating me? my friend park-well.
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by Geekaydon: 8:45am On Oct 24, 2016
the era of writting jamb 7 times is coming...pray my ppolthe era of writting jamb 7 times is coming...pray my ppolthe era of writting jamb 7 times is coming...pray my ppol
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by Odimson69: 9:03am On Oct 24, 2016
So the north will just push all to university. Change indeed.
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by mbhs139(m): 9:22am On Oct 24, 2016
ceeethru:
You can see your stupidity has no boundary. what has been your own contribution on the subject matter? Castigating me? my friend park-well.

I need to first of all whip into line. At least, let that stick into that your fucking head. Even after being admonished, your stupid self could not yet correct yourself and contribute meaningfully, you are still grand standing. Ode ni e!

Talking about my own contribution. I'm following the debate, and I think the idea is a welcome development. I just hope JAMB, like the FG did sometimes in 2013 or thereabout, will not jump into the implementation of the idea while the debate is still on going.
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by Rayplanet(m): 10:38am On Oct 24, 2016
This clownish idea is as dead on its arrival.

It might seem like a paradigm shift geared towards bringing in radical changes on the minds of it's initiators but all I perceive is system unrest which would trigger unnecessary autonomy in tertiary institutions.

Sure, it May sound good at first, but would be bastardized on the long run.

Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by mayowa1111: 10:50am On Oct 24, 2016
you all want standard education but u send ur best child to study accounting, markeying etc and and ask ur average child to study education course. don't u knw dat dis same average boy/girl dat will teach ur future generation.
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by Worthie(m): 11:34am On Oct 24, 2016
I think it would be better if JAMB is scraped off and then, candidates have to go to their respective instutions of choice to obtain their admission forms
Re: JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others by enasgreat: 10:13pm On Oct 24, 2016
Mikylopez:
all dz wahala ontop admission it's not like we are guaranteed a nice job after all d suffer..it is well
Y do u nid a guarantee for job.. Y don't u create job, develop the employer's mentality.. D govt doesn't owe u anytin, so don't quote “ der's no job, economy is bad." We nid to work on ourself.. Forgt dis entitlement mentality, forgt wat d govt cn do for u nd focus on wat u cn do for d govt nd the masses.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hijab: Muslim Students Ask Lagos To Issue Circular On Supreme Court Ruling / Funny Experiences In The Examination Hall. / Lasu Part Time Campus Result Is Out. Good Luck Lasuites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.