Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,664 members, 7,823,881 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Supremacy Of Arts/humanities - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Supremacy Of Arts/humanities (654 Views)

LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) / Chimamanda Adichie Elected Into US Academy Of Arts And Science / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Elected Into US Academy Of Arts And Letters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Supremacy Of Arts/humanities by princesavo(m): 7:54am On Oct 24, 2016
Title;supremacy of Art/humanities
 Written by Obazie sunday

Its quite absurd when I see or hear a science and art student arguing at which is most supreme 
At first let me define both before bringing up facts

Science ;A particular discipline or branch of learning, especially one dealing with measurable or systematic principles rather than intuition or natural ability

Humanity/Arts: Study of Mankind,human beings as a group

science students do claim the world is full of science and technology which I agree to some extent.

In my little understanding,i would say technology began"10 million years ago when humans made their first tools from bones,antlers,stone and wood"which is no where close to the day "humanity/Arts came into existence,When  the Lord God began his rule of the universe billion and millions of years ago which symbolises the beginning of Arts/Humanity

Though science and technology, is good to some extent which I would get to explain.the failures of science and technology has exceeded the advantages 

The world rejoices when a scientist brings or carries out a successful invention but quote me most of the inventions has shed precious blood more than the redeemed ones
TAKE FOR EXAMPLE;
Some fatal experiments were carried out on civilians by the scientist during the world war I and II

1. Nazi's doctor wanted to see if some people had a natural immunity to tuberculosis in order to develop a vaccine. dr kurt injected the patients directly into their lungs which resulted in the death of at least 200 people

2.an infamous Dr.josef experimented on twins in an attempt to learn the secret of multiple birth and also to find a way to quickly multiply the german race ..Dr josef experimented on 1000 pair of twins of which 200 roughly survived...when the survived ones were of no use to him again he dispatched them  after injecting all of them with chlorofom straight to the heart

3.the Nazi's scientist wanted to know if a persons joints and limbs could be removed and transported to another person own..these cruel experiment led to several death,amputation,mutilation and total damage of the muscles,bones and nerves as they were removed in fruitless attempts.

I think  this little ills of scientist would silence some people
But reason this "dana air plane crashed leaving several people dead and injured" automobiles,spacecraft,technology fails leaving people dead or causing them live with a stigma for the rest of their lives were all the works of technology
Also there is nobody on earth who had never lost someone to failed technology

But lets reason this also 
During the world war I,the league of nations was founded in 1919 to stop the world war one but it failed it the attempt which made the war continue
The Arts/Humanities were disappointed though but never relented.

In 1945,the United Nations Organisation was founded when world war 2 broke out following the failure of the league of nations to stop the war and bring peace among nations...the United Nation Organisation was successful and it brought back utmost peace to the world.

The UNO not only brought back peace, but it also stopped the Nazis from tormenting the prisoners and subjecting them to needless experiments.
It gave some countries sovereignty.

There are numerous international organisation in this world which aim at fostering peace and economic development among nations.

But i would love to ask the science students some questions.
1.where were the scientist when world war1 broke out
2.where were the scientist when world war 2 broke out
3.where were the scientist when nigeria's civil war broke out??
They were no where to be found....instead of fostering and promoting peace,they were producing and inventing bombs which is capable of wiping out a whole country without any trace

1.in 1981,sir David Brewster performed and experiment which nearly blinded his eyes..but was plagued with eyes problem to his death
2.in 1928,alexander Bogdanov killed himself by his own experiment when he tOok a transfusion of blood infected with  malaria and tuberculosis 

Some needless experiment are just carried out for useless reasons probably because of large funds provided by their sponsorer ..thousands of animals are used and are still in use in various countries for experiments which increases mortality

Don't quote me wrong science and technology is definitely good when performed the right way and when procedures are duly followed

Arts/humanities still stand firm though since without them,the earth would be in disarray. And people would go about inventing destructive tools instead of helpful fools

Without the Arts there would be no law,state,human right of freedom

Have not written this to chastise the science student but to make it clear that the Art/humanities are needed in this world to foster peace and unity among civilians and nations.
You are free to oppose or support
NB: this has not being written to publicly criticise the above personalities (scientist) as it is only to bring up facts

;Remember you can make a difference
        OBAZIE SUNDAY
         (2016)

(1) (Reply)

You Have To Read This..why Clinton Lost / Good News For Writers / The Blind Alley - Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.