Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? (15194 Views)

The Pathetic Condition Of Nigerian & Black African Migrants Stranded In Morocco / Man Boards Bus In Lagos With A Man Carrying Pistol (photos) / Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by rasputinn(m): 5:40am On Oct 27, 2009
Sonye:

Air maroc is very cheap and very good. you will be surprised. I know of people that bought the ticket for 90,000 naira (and that was summer time). and they had good things to say about the airline. speak to your travel agent and they will get you the price for today

Reaaaaaaaally ?
BTW ,the thought of being inside one of these taliban airlines gives me the creeps grin grin grin
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by konari(m): 9:30am On Oct 27, 2009
Who are all these guys eulogizing air maroc? I wont be surprised if they are travel agents. Well personally i haven't flown air maroc but my sister and mother have, my family and i were supposed to travel together to London in March so we were searching for the cheapest flight so we could all fly together and air maroc was the cheapest available, anyway i opted out for 2 reasons, putting all the proverbial eggs in one basket, a cheap one at that and then again cheap things come with poor services, so for me it wasn't a wise option so i decide to fly Qatar airways which is a lot more expensive but worth every penny, it was first class service all the way, my family wasn't full of praises for air maroc, the flight was almost like a molue ride, unruly, hausa women screaming across many rows of seats to each other, children wailing with reckless abandon and the body odour? OMG!!! not to mention too many stop overs.,from lagos, you stop over in kano to pick more unruly smelly hausa women then to cassablance where you'll be kept waiting for ATLEAST 4 hours oh! and i hope you understand French cos thats the official language , everything's either in french or arabic, i'm not sure any of our GSM carriers have roaming facility in morocco otherwise load your fone with a lotta credit and communicate via sms with your loved ones intimating them of your progress EVERY step of the way. luckily for my family they didn't have any terrible experience of robbers (thats the glory and protection of the Almighty Father, prayer works) but take precautions, travel light but then again what about your return trip you will definitely have to buy lots of things what about security for your valuables?

my advice don't be penny wise and pound foolish spend good money fly direct or fly an airline thats a bit more expensive and enjoy the trip, safety of your life and property is paramount, cheap things come with a lotta rubbish, remember the proverb, you pay peanuts and you get monkeys, that aptly describes what awaits you if you fly cheap, besides you'll be at he mercy if this north africans when you get to cassablanca and from what i'v heard those people are not the most hospitable people in the world

just my 2 cents
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 27, 2009
Is the cheapest airline to london and is very good. i,m travel agent to get u ticket worldwide that will satisfy ur needs. call 08033246961 or visit our website:www.ymstravelsandtours.com
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by browncocos(f): 2:10pm On Oct 27, 2009
[^^^
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by PurestBoy(m): 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2009
Try Air Afgahan, I heard that's the cheapest flight
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by whyeray: 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2009
I flew Air Maroc from Heathrow to Lagos enroute Casablanca just last week, i must admit it was very ok
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by ifababa(m): 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2009
And you're sure you would have saved 300 pounds, ? air morroco fine , but from london to lagos, ?
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by M16: 8:41am On Oct 28, 2009
Air Maroc is ok, but one should be careful with his luggage. My fiance traveled last November to london via Air Maroc. going was no issue, but on return her luggage came back a week after.

Keep important stuff in your hand luggage, and be careful of Moroccan immigration officers. dey beg and unashamedly ask for bribe like their naija brothers, especially when they see you carrying cash.

Uzi-best way of population control
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by Pittbaby(f): 12:30pm On Nov 07, 2009
any idea if a transit visa is required, for the flight change in casablanca,  travelling early next year and everyone else is sold out or asking for 1/2 a million naira
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by noblegas2(m): 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2009
koolchicco:

@OP

Air Moroc, no doubt is a nice airline.
However make u shine your eye "sam-sam" 4 those thieves as u transit morocco. my bros had a bad xperiance there.

dem tell u say thieves no dey Schipol also for cryin owt loud, dats y dey normally use the amplidyne @ d airport 2 announce to all deaf-ears not to leave dere baggage Unattended to!

Pittbaby:

any idea if a transit visa is required, for the flight change in casablanca, travelling early next year and everyone else is sold out or asking for 1/2 a million naira

Nope sweetie, its Transit free
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by Pittbaby(f): 1:49pm On Nov 07, 2009
thanks Noble , much appreciated
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by oyewolejos(m): 2:28pm On Nov 07, 2009
House do Air Moroc fly to Los Angeles or which city do they fly to in US.
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by noblegas2(m): 3:07pm On Nov 07, 2009
Yep, dey have a flight to New York
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by zexyworm: 7:48am On Nov 10, 2009
Now that everyone mentioned the positive aspects of RAM (air fare, reliability, etc.) I'll list the disadvantages:

1- Their flight timing is absolutely horrible.  Arrival in Lagos 0230 AM so security-wise and convenience-wise it's a big ZERO.

2- Nigerians should expect many Moroccan officers at Casablanca Airport to be downright racists.
Many Nigerians will be denied the right to be lodged in the nearby hotel (if their connection time exceeds 8 hours) simply because they're Africans and Africans are believed to be high risk of illegal immigration,
When I travelled from Lagos to Madrid via Casablanca last January, a snow storm in Madrid shut that airport for 3 days.  The result was 3 days being stuck in Casablanca.  After long begging RAM agreed to bear responsbility for my lodging (since I'm Oyibo).   To my shock and horror, the other Nigerian passengers spent 3 days on the airport floor.

3- Inflight entertainment possibility is zero. The onboard food quality is so-so. But still I can't complain, I paid 550 euros for my return ticket!!!
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by nethacker(m): 11:50am On Nov 10, 2009
Has any1 ever flown Lagos - NYC via Royal Air Maroc?
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by redsky1: 11:55am On Nov 10, 2009
zexyworm:

Now that everyone mentioned the positive aspects of RAM (air fare, reliability, etc.) I'll list the disadvantages:

1- Their flight timing is absolutely horrible.  Arrival in Lagos 0230 AM so security-wise and convenience-wise it's a big ZERO.

2- Nigerians should expect many Moroccan officers at Casablanca Airport to be downright racists.
Many Nigerians will be denied the right to be lodged in the nearby hotel (if their connection time exceeds 8 hours) simply because they're Africans and Africans are believed to be high risk of illegal immigration,
When I travelled from Lagos to Madrid via Casablanca last January, a snow storm in Madrid shut that airport for 3 days.  The result was 3 days being stuck in Casablanca.  After long begging RAM agreed to bear responsbility for my lodging (since I'm Oyibo).   To my shock and horror, the other Nigerian passengers spent 3 days on the airport floor.

3- Inflight entertainment possibility is zero. The onboard food quality is so-so. But still I can't complain, I paid 550 euros for my return ticket!!!

why do airlines do this - the same thing happened years ago when i took an egpyt air flight and they allowed the british passport holders to lodge in a hotel but kept the green passport holders in the sirport for 6 hours until some passengers nearly started world war 3.

i tire for this treatment of nigerians
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by noblegas2(m): 2:07pm On Nov 10, 2009
redsky1:

why do airlines do this - the same thing happened years ago when i took an egpyt air flight and they allowed the british passport holders to lodge in a hotel but kept the green passport holders in the sirport for 6 hours until some passengers nearly started world war 3.

Years ago u said, grin grin

i tire for this treatment of nigerians
zexyworm:

1- Their flight timing is absolutely horrible. Arrival in Lagos 0230 AM so security-wise and convenience-wise it's a big ZERO.

When I travelled from Lagos to Madrid via Casablanca last January, a snow storm in Madrid shut that airport for 3 days. The result was 3 days being stuck in Casablanca. After long begging RAM agreed to bear responsbility for my lodging (since I'm Oyibo). To my shock and horror, the other Nigerian passengers spent 3 days on the airport floor.

in the 1st instance, y wuld anyone buy a ticket dat its connection time will exceed 8 hours? even if u re Flyin emirates to Australia, d connection time aint up to dat!!!

i dont fully agree wit u on dat,
i hop u dont think am tryna tackle u or anytin, just an observation, no offense meant
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by Pittbaby(f): 6:24pm On Feb 12, 2010
just wanted to drop a few comments about Air morocco

so We took out trip , and all went well. departure from Lagos was a little late but we made it too our connecting flight in Casablanca in good time. the Casablanca airport is quite nice , even had one of my favourite stores (Zara), not sure where the comments about it being dirty came from ( Nigerians should please look at there own airport before bad mouthing any one else). The flight was pleasant. Flight attendants spoke limited English so a lot of sign language required . Overall for a short trip the are quite convenient for the price.

Hope this helps
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by suxes2005(m): 6:59pm On Feb 12, 2010
pirrybaby,

that was when?

I wont advice any1 to travel thry dat route to london cos i
fink it aint the best route for the time being

SHALOM
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by funkybaby(f): 7:47pm On Feb 12, 2010
suxes2005:

pirrybaby,

that was when?

fink[b] it aint the best route for the time being[/b]

SHALOM

Mr. Oga, how do you know? Have you flown with them before?
its wrong for you to just come here and pass info what you know nothing about.

air maroc offers one of the most reliable connecting flights to major cities in Europe from Africa !
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by suxes2005(m): 8:27pm On Feb 12, 2010
Mrs Oga,

I only said what i heard. Cos of d case of muslim stuffs,
friends dat travelled advised dat one shud not take morocco as
a route else u wont like the humiliation if u are holdin a green psprt.

Moreover, i said for this period of time and not
that i av heard about it b4 or av any reservation
against them

SHALOM
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by MrCrackles(m): 8:33pm On Feb 12, 2010
No but my gateman travelled from London to Lagos in a cargo via Air Nigeria shocked
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by funkybaby(f): 8:40pm On Feb 12, 2010
suxes2005:

Mrs Oga,

I only said what i heard. Cos of d case of muslim stuffs,
friends dat travelled advised dat one shud not take morocco as
a route else u wont like the humiliation if u are holdin a green psprt.

Moreover, i said for this period of time and not
that i av heard about it b4 or av any reservation
against them

SHALOM

people and 'dem say dem say'.
what period of time are you referring to?

You sounded sooooo sure in your initial post like you've have flown with them. anyway, good thing that you admitted never to have flown with them.

anyone flying with air maroc will most def have a valid uk visit visa. . . . is that not worth more than''hustling in morocco'
so you know, air maroc DOES NOT HUMILATE anyone with a green passport with a valid visa to any EU country, so your friend is WRONG !

Also the impression of being humilated over ''muslim stuff' or whatever you stated in totally wrong. you should see the queues at MMA airport of nigerians waiting to fly with air afriquah and air maroc
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 12, 2010
I haven't flown with Royal Air Maroc, but my wife has, on two occasions, and it was quite good.

I have flown with Afriqyah, and it was fine too, no problems with luggage, customer service or the aircraft either.
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by Pittbaby(f): 12:45am On Feb 13, 2010
pirrybaby,

that was when?

fink it aint the best route for the time being

SHALOM

@Sexus

I flew on January 4th , after the xmas bomber scare , did not have any problems. So flying through a Muslim country now is a red flag ? In that case nigerians must stop going to Qatar and Dubai or any other UAE country or western countries will reject visa and place you on no fly list   grin

In my experience the highest level of scrutiny i received was at Murtala Mohammed Airport where i was patted down twice and had my bag searched over zealously twice ( the security officer even threatened to take away my umbrella ). Entry into the UK was uneventful. On the 10th I took a flight from the UK to the US on Delta (same airline as Northwest which the bomber flew on) I was pulled out of the line  patted down very  quickly and had a very apologetic security officer search my bag and ask a few questions about  the contents, all took no more than 5 minutes . Entry into the US was uneventful only question was " are you carrying bush meat" ?

I am tempted to say that the reports of the abuse of Nigerians travelling may be exaggerations , but who knows!!!
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by suxes2005(m): 2:37am On Feb 13, 2010
pittybaby
funkkybaby

well u guys are right only sharin
wat i heard with her,

My friend flew on Jan 3erd to Canada
with air morocco and he said it wasnt
a gud one at all

SHALOM
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by noblegas2(m): 7:10am On Feb 13, 2010
U and dis ur friend self, I wonda wu dey lie!!!
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 13, 2010
suxes2005:

wat i heard with her,

It's always best to speak from experience, not from someone else's perspective. Hearsay's a bad thing, and it's pretty easy for facts to become distorted as they're passed down.

Ever heard of "Chinese whispers?"
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by Pittbaby(f): 1:02pm On Feb 13, 2010
pittybaby
funkkybaby

wat i heard with her, 

My friend flew on Jan 3erd to Canada
with air morocco and he said it wasnt
a gud one at all

SHALOM

sextoo
sexLESS

a bad experience can occur with any airline , I had a horrible experience with continental that resulted in me having to rebook a ticket to naija at twice the original price.
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 13, 2010
Pls , could some one help. Been trying to contact the airline for a flight booking. Has anyone got their numbers? Thanks
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by suxes2005(m): 11:47am On Feb 14, 2010
yeah pitty baby

it is berra u follow people talkin from
experience,

SHALOM
Re: Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? by OpsE1: 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2011
Guys, be warned.Those air royal maroc guys are lousy.There is complaints of missing lugages on every flight, in addition, the guys in Casablanca are fond of breaking into lugages, several complaints have been made on that too and keep coming.Customer service is also zero.Be careful in selecting them. I have experienced it and happened again today on my flight from London to Lagos.Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad / Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) / Saudi Arabia Disqualifies 3 Nigerian Airlines From Airlifting Pilgrims To Hajj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.