Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,507 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures (115350 Views)

Should Africa Reclaim Its Stolen Treasures? - BBC / The Art And Architecture Of Yorubaland! / Benin Art And Architecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 7:04am On Nov 03, 2009
this is only proof of the actually meaning of the name candace which is a title. http://www.behindthename.com/name/candace

it is actually in the book of acts in the christian bible.
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by Epi: 1:09pm On Nov 03, 2009
shocked

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 2:40pm On Nov 03, 2009
King Ezana Stele in Aksum Ethiopia probably builted around the 4 or early AD, this is the period in ethiopia when they converted to christianity before most european countries, the only countries they became majority christian during that time was probably, armenia, greece, maybe egypt and rome. however, i think egypt and ethiopia became christian nearly the same time, and i understand nubia later followed during the 5th century.

http://images.travelpod.com/users/villu/ethiopia_2006.1166040600.king_ezanaxs_stele.jpg
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 2:51pm On Nov 03, 2009
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2009
axumite tomb, it was probably builted around the 5th century AD. In northern ethiopia
http://tadias.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/axum_tomb.jpg
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 3:13pm On Nov 03, 2009
fallen obelisk in ethiopia next to the obelisk of ethiopia king ezana.
http://www.sacredsites.com/africa/ethiopia/images/toppled-axumite-obelisk-500.jpg
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 3:22pm On Nov 03, 2009
this is a rock hewn church of "saint george" this complex was builted around the 12th or 13th century AD.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/17/Bete_Giyorgis_Lalibela_Ethiopia.jpg
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 3:23pm On Nov 03, 2009
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 8:23pm On Nov 03, 2009
this is important, and i hope everyone watch this, i found this on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Cl5qD1IiY
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by Epi: 10:48pm On Nov 04, 2009

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 12:08am On Nov 05, 2009
aegis of isis

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 12:14am On Nov 05, 2009
pyramid of nuri northern sudan.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 1:26am On Nov 05, 2009
soleb temple in northern sudan

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 1:29am On Nov 05, 2009
the musawarat es sufra complex northern sudan.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 1:33am On Nov 05, 2009
the pyramids of meroe

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 1:38am On Nov 05, 2009
pharaoh shabaka, the pharaoh the rule over egypt and sudan.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 1:50am On Nov 05, 2009
two locals posing at the pyramid complex at nuri for odd tourist.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 7:21am On Nov 05, 2009
lion temple at the temple of musawarrat es sufra in northern sudan.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 7:33am On Nov 05, 2009
wing isis pictorial from 538-519BC found in pyramids of nuri, northern sudan

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 7:44am On Nov 05, 2009
royal cemetary of el kurru northern sudan this is about 3000 years old but well preserved

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 8:00am On Nov 05, 2009
this is the khartoum national museum locate of course in khartoum. the statues was taken from one of the temple of the north. the pharaoh is arkamani.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by madlady(f): 8:07am On Nov 05, 2009
@adabda You posted links to the rock churches in Ethiopia, i have been trying for months to find pictures of the paintings contained within them, have you come across any?

Once again thank you for this great thread.
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 8:28am On Nov 05, 2009
inside to mortuary of prietess amenirdis "wife of amun"
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 8:31am On Nov 05, 2009
interesting madlady i did not know that they have painting inside the rock hewn church. now, you got me definitely interested in it. if i find it, i will provide the link for you.
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 8:41am On Nov 05, 2009
inside temple of mut jebel barkal mountian in northern sudan

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 8:49am On Nov 05, 2009
meroitic, nubian, candace or queen of the divine cushites.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 9:05am On Nov 05, 2009
royal throne hall builded during the christian period and later converted to a mosque during the 14th or 15th century.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 9:12am On Nov 05, 2009
this is my favorite simple glass ware during the meroitic period between bc and AD during the greco-roman period. Items such as these is more timeless than the pyramids in sudan and egypt themselves. it looks so model, but it ancient.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 9:24am On Nov 05, 2009
this hieogyphics was builted at the temple of buhen in northern sudan by queen hatshepsut.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 9:31am On Nov 05, 2009
Buhen temple in the khartoum national museum in sudan.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 9:34am On Nov 05, 2009
amenirdis "wife of amun"

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 9:41am On Nov 05, 2009
painting in a old nubian monastery. this is in the christian period in northern sudan. probable during the 8th or 12 century AD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Kalabari People! / Ramses, Cleopatra, Nefertiti: Original Egyptians Were Black? / If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.