Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole (12400 Views)

Assistant To Nnamdi Kanu Betrays Biafra. / Anyone That Betrays Tinubu Is Bringing Curses Upon Himself — Fayose / Dele Momodu: "I Don't Care If All Buhari's Appointments Come From Daura" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by agwom(m): 6:11am On Oct 25, 2016
Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole yesterday said he does not care if his successor, Godwin Obaseki, betrays him.

Obaseki of the All Progressives Congress (APC) won the gubernatorial election in the state last month and will take over from Oshiomhole on November 12.

Oshiomhole said there is nothing in the oath of office to be taken by Obaseki that stipulates that he shall not betray his predecessor.

Addressing State House reporters after a meeting between the Progressive Governors’ Forum and President Muhammadu Buhari at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja, Oshiomhole said he had no interest to be betrayed.

The governor stated that when sworn in, his successor’s obligation and loyalty should be to the people of Edo State.

He was responding to a question on whether he was worried that he and Obaseki might later fall out with each other as witnessed in some other states where ex-governors had conflicts with their successors.

Oshiomhole explained that such conflict often arises when former governors refuse to accept that their tenure is over.

He said: “That is very important if you say he (Obaseki) will disappoint me, I am not the state. I am only one out of about four million Edo people. So, his obligation and his loyalty should be to the people of Edo State.

“The oath of office he is going to subscribe to says that he will defend the constitution of Nigeria, he will do everything to uplift the quality of lives of Edo people. Nothing in his oath office will include ‘I shall not betray my predecessor’ because I have no interest to be betrayed.”

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/i-don-t-care-if-obaseki-betrays-me-oshiomhole/168467.html#6bZEWJsKfVdALG7U.99

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by johnpaulo(m): 6:16am On Oct 25, 2016
Ok ohhhhhh
Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by greatiyk4u(m): 6:20am On Oct 25, 2016
Some body is already afraid

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by DavSagacity(m): 6:21am On Oct 25, 2016
Ok.
Egbo oro lenu 'eshin aturu'....
N'je ti iwo ba serere ara ki o ya o bi..?

Osho baba u need not to panic if your hands are clean.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by Paperwhite(m): 6:26am On Oct 25, 2016
Oshiomole is scared of his own shadow or something perhaps the alleged rigging of the last poll.There is no smoke without fire. Trust maverick politicians at your own peril.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by capatainrambo: 6:31am On Oct 25, 2016
na mouth thid short wrinkled black talkative dey

if he betrays u you will end up like ibori

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by whytevardy(m): 7:40am On Oct 25, 2016
that one is your business,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by fasho01(m): 7:40am On Oct 25, 2016
If he does so, it won't be a new thing.. After all, your party is famous for such (kano state in mind)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 25, 2016
I'm screenshotting this for future reference....

8 Likes

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by Luckylife(m): 7:40am On Oct 25, 2016
It shall come to pass !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by Honza27(m): 7:41am On Oct 25, 2016

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by lonecat: 7:42am On Oct 25, 2016
ok, Roger that
Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by Pavore9: 7:42am On Oct 25, 2016
lt is better the mind is prepared for such possibility.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by NOC1(m): 7:42am On Oct 25, 2016
greatiyk4u:
Some body is already afraid

my brother did you understand what he said, if you are Oshiomole what will be your response?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by Soso990240(m): 7:43am On Oct 25, 2016
Liar. If him betray you, na to probe you go be next.. And am sure you don't want dat. Because like your master Buhari and Tinubu,you are also corrupt.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 7:44am On Oct 25, 2016
Only God knows the kindna weed Lala is feeding Oshobaba with undecided

Since he imported Lala, he started vomiting trash ceaseless.
Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by Bitterleafsoup: 7:44am On Oct 25, 2016
Since he bought Lara with da people money does she get handed over to the new Governor?

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 25, 2016
Oshiomole has braced himself up for what Obaseki might do to him. He is a political realist who knows that no political godson stays loyal forever.

5 Likes

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by unmark1: 7:47am On Oct 25, 2016
But oshiomole you were preaching no to Godfatherism

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by Akinwerndey: 7:48am On Oct 25, 2016
Is there already a crack in their relationship? I smell fear
Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by omenka(m): 7:52am On Oct 25, 2016
Oshiomole knows what acquisition of power could do to one's sense of loyalty- he's been there, done that- hence his misgivings.

Well, be that as it may, he should have nothing to fear if he's got no closet full of skeletons somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 25, 2016
OMG GOD!!! grin grin grin grin grin

OSHO...!

IDONBILIVIT...
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by Jesusloveyou: 7:58am On Oct 25, 2016
That is the best answer giving to some flat heads people that ask foolish questions

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by yinkslinks(m): 8:05am On Oct 25, 2016
betray you how you foolish man? means you are expecting him to cover your ass. this our leaders are stupiiiiid
Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by otukpo(f): 8:06am On Oct 25, 2016
Time will tell.
Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by Jesusloveyou: 8:06am On Oct 25, 2016
unmark1:
But oshiomole you were preaching no to Godfatherism
that is the point, osho wants obaseki to be for all, not to himself, osho is really practicing no to godfatherism

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by jerryfisher(m): 8:07am On Oct 25, 2016
Paperwhite:
Oshiomole is scared of his own shadow or something perhaps the alleged rigging of the last poll.There is no smoke without fire. Trust maverick politicians at your own peril.
time shall tell!!!by den na pana go b ur song.....
Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by Lexusgs430: 8:12am On Oct 25, 2016
Confessions fast tracked.............
Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by isoprano: 8:15am On Oct 25, 2016
he de fear?
Re: I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole by Jesusloveyou: 8:23am On Oct 25, 2016
Soso990240:
Liar. If him betray you, na to probe you go be next.. And am sure you don't want dat. Because like your master Buhari and Tinubu,you are also corrupt.
iPods are always in pain with bitter truth,

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System / If You Were Ambode, What 2 Things Would You Do To Improve Traffic In Lagos? / ACF Asks Buhari To Extend Flight Ban To Benue, Taraba, Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.