Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ (672 Views)

The Support Nnamdi Kanu Is Getting From Yoruba Leaders Is Unprecedented -FFK / The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist / I Just Experienced Unprecedented 72hours uninterrupted Power In Enugu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by IntrovertedHuman(m): 7:33am On Oct 25, 2016
Immediate past President Goodluck Jonathan has said his era witnessed unprecedented economic growth for Nigeria.

Jonathan, who spoke
yesterday to students of Oxford University on youth entrepreneurship, said the country experienced a growth that proved the truism that a nation’s wealth is not underneath the ground but between the ears of her people. According to the former president,

“Nigeria was rated as the largest economy in Africa and the 23rd in the world by the World Bank and the IMF, with a GDP above $570 billion.” He stated further:

“We identified Nollywood as a sector that can employ many young people and provided a grant of $200 million to boost the industry. As a result, Nollywood became a major contributor to our GDP and in 2014, the industry contributed 1.4 per cent to our GDP.

“Why do individuals that grow up in similar circumstances end up differently, with some as successes and others as failures? Why are some nations rich and some poor? Is the wealth of nations a result of geography, weather, culture, and destiny? What could a leader do to effectively lift a people out of the depths of poverty and enable them to achieve prosperity?

“After much soul searching, I concluded that: wealth is a creation of the human mind properly prepared by education. Any nation that does not spend its wealth and resources to develop the capacity of its youths will be forced to use them to fight insecurity.” He challenged

“contemporary African leaders to see youth entrepreneurship as a collective project transcending national boundaries, adding
“despite incredible challenges, Nigerian youths are achieving great things and placing Nigeria positively in the world map. They inspire us.”

Jonathan also declared that he “worked for the next generation of Nigerians and not for the next elections.”

Defending his administration’s Transformation Agenda, he stressed that it was designed to engage the latent potential in the entire nation, as well as stimulate and enable higher productivity.

He said further: “I am excited to be in the midst of some of the World’s future leaders to discuss issues relating to youth empowerment and entrepreneurship.

"The issue of youth entrepreneurship in Africa is very critical, as Africa is the only continent in which we will witness a population boom. Most violent crises in Africa can be traced to a lack of education and opportunities among its teeming youth population.

"Studies have revealed that there is a symbiotic relationship between youth unemployment and youth restiveness.”

“As a leader, you can decide through your policies to educate the youths, or face the consequences of failing to do so. The transformation agenda was conceived to engage the latent potential in the entire nation, and to stimulate and enable higher productivity."

Source: Guardian

http://coldgist..com.ng/2016/10/my-era-experience-unprecedented-growth.html?m=1

Re: My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by saintkel(m): 7:39am On Oct 25, 2016
Even Lala will agree with GEJ, dis man was just distracted by Boko haram. He did much better than dis one here

1 Like

Re: My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by omamush(f): 7:40am On Oct 25, 2016
I miss GEJ cry

1 Like

Re: My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by omamush(f): 7:42am On Oct 25, 2016
Re: My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by borntosuccess(m): 7:44am On Oct 25, 2016
the best President Nigeria ever had we miss u

1 Like

Re: My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by Pidggin(f): 7:48am On Oct 25, 2016
Yes Sir, I agree 100%

1 Like

Re: My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by Bari22: 7:54am On Oct 25, 2016
Indeed, i also witness the growth of lootocracy in your era

3 Likes

Re: My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by bennethuche: 8:02am On Oct 25, 2016
A growth that never shown in the life of Nigerians. A growth that only enriched his cronies. A growth that has no foundation...

1 Like

Re: My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by vedaxcool(m): 8:04am On Oct 25, 2016
Unprecedented corruption and stealing you mean.

And why the lies? You rebased the economy that was last rebased in 1992. How does mean you grew an economy that was already growing? When in fact govts over the years made various impact on the economy. In fact Obj refused to rebase the economy because the likes of Abacha would have appeared like they grew the economy. So sir when do you plan to apologize for the brazen theft of our money just to ensure you remain in power.
Re: My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by otukpo(f): 8:05am On Oct 25, 2016
We saw it.
Re: My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by agbangam: 8:05am On Oct 25, 2016
Yes oo.. We are now seeing d growth through Mettuh, FFK, Dansuki and Co. Shameless Buffon, Mr "Stealing is Not Corruption" The Ipod Hero

1 Like

Re: My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by HtwoOw: 8:07am On Oct 25, 2016
1000% growth was truly experienced

In cayman Island bank accounts, belonging to people like PEJ, FfK, Omisore, Metuah, Dasuki, Obanikoro, etc

2 Likes

Re: My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by simpleseyi: 8:14am On Oct 25, 2016
GEJ is very right, his era witnessed unprecedented growth in the number of local governments controlled by Boko Haram, number of people in IPD camps, number of kidnapped citizens, unprecedented growth in the account balances of FFK, Fayose, Bode George, Peter Odilli, Bafarawa account balance increased by 4.3 billion naira for spiritual purposes, Reuben Abati got some millions to fight Aso Rock demons, Sambo Dasuki forgot 170 million naira in the hand of Isa Jagar, even Mama Piss account increased by over 31 million dollars but which was kept in her maids,drivers and gardeners' accounts.

Also during your unfortunate reign, the number of jets in the presidential fleet experienced unprecedented growth from 6 to 10 or 11. That is a great achievement to you thief. However, Bubu has put up two of the jets for sale and given another two to the Nigerian Airforce.
Re: My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by DaudaAbu(m): 8:23am On Oct 25, 2016
Ofcourse, because during your time private jet became like keke napep. People having them increased drastically so you believe you grew the economy

Now we are seeing the result of your refusal to monitor things and allowing peopl you appoint run amok with economy, saving was not in their dictionary instead you still borrowed to pay salary
Re: My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by owen10(m): 8:23am On Oct 25, 2016
A couple had a quarrel one evening. When it was time to sleep, the man laid on the floor while the lady balanced on the bed. Later in the night, the husband held his small man and said "you better sleep, didn't you see when I quarreled with her?"
The lady replied "don't involve everybody in our quarrels ooo, the case is between me and you, don't involve him. Allow him to come and play with his friend".
I think that is what happened to Gej
Re: My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by BALLOSKI: 8:24am On Oct 25, 2016
Nonsense!
Re: My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by Pseudonymous: 9:02am On Oct 25, 2016
It's actually true.
Cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by jaybee3(m): 9:03am On Oct 25, 2016
omamush:
I miss GEJ cry

Nothing stops you from following him to Otouke

Nonsense
Re: My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by tuniski: 9:03am On Oct 25, 2016
simpleseyi:
GEJ is very right, his era witnessed unprecedented growth in the number of local governments controlled by Boko Haram, number of people in IPD camps, number of kidnapped citizens, unprecedented growth in the account balances of FFK, Fayose, Bode George, Peter Odilli, Bafarawa account balance increased by 4.3 billion naira for spiritual purposes, Reuben Abati got some millions to fight Aso Rock demons, Sambo Dasuki forgot 170 million naira in the hand of Isa Jagar, even Mama Piss account increased by over 31 million dollars but which was kept in her maids,drivers and gardeners' accounts.

Also during your unfortunate reign, the number of jets in the presidential fleetexperienced unprecedented growth from 6 to 10 or 11. That is a great achievement to you thief. However, Bubu has put up two of the jets for sale and given another two to the Nigerian Airforce.
Bitter. GEJ still the best.

1 Like

Re: My Era Experienced Unprecedented Growth - GEJ by dEastActivist: 9:51am On Oct 25, 2016
Another offensive shot against the opposition....

Gej you are the real deal...
Give them left, right and center...

You made a good governance though with little hitches, you can make a good opposition just by destructing their lies.

Don't worry about the media we will propagate it... Lol
Zombies watch out for another bomb shell... grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Afonja Cpc Spokesman Claimed Murdered Nysc Members Were Pdp Agents / Senate Passes Code Of Conduct Act; PDP Senators Wins / Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Troops (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.