Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom (26634 Views)

Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) / Meet Two Sisters Married To Oba Ewuare Of Benin (Photos) / Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by mastermaestro(m): 3:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
mulattoclaroo:
there's no one born of a woman that would defile the order of the oba of benin. If the person doesn't die mysteriously, his own people will lynch him.

I repeat, I sense strongly that this Oba stands the inglorious chance of becoming the first Bini monarch whose pronouncement his subjects will openly defy. Mark it. No leader succeeds by ruling with anger.

I hope you know that people are gradually losing their reverence for monarchical institutions. His actions will only facilitate open defiance. That's why I said he should employ caution and wisdom so he does end up like Rehoboam who despised the priceless calmness plus wisdom of his father Solomon, and thus lost control of the kingdom due to high-handedness.

Oba Erediauwa was exceptional in many respects. He ably managed deviant characters (like Esama), with peace as his focus. He was greatly loved and revered because he addressed issues with outstanding diplomacy. The heir should not discard his father's success qualities. It would be regrettable.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by mulattoclaroo(m): 3:56pm On Oct 25, 2016
Udmaster:
Crap! Recession is 4 ur junk ass in ghettogeria.
I can own ur azz with just $200 and still get some damn balance.
eya. I'm not surprised. Your tribe is known for dry raking.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by mastermaestro(m): 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2016
mulattoclaroo:
there's no one born of a woman that would defile the order of the oba of benin. If the person doesn't die mysteriously, his own people will lynch him.

Did you also listen to the language he used on Dangote during his coronation? When he spoke about the Gelegele seaport, he said that Dangote "must" investment in its establishment. People in the hall turned and looked at one another in amusement. They were surprised why an incoming monarch would employ such undiplomatic language in wooing non-indigenous investors.

Now you understand my points.

1 Like

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by friimarket01: 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
mordtonia:

Please add me on bbm, I have some questions about the iPhone 6s. 2BCEDF62
OK I WILL ASAP
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by macof(m): 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
hahn:
Are we running a democratic, monarchic or sharia form of government in this country? undecided

are you taking Nigeria seriously?

1 Like

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by AreaFada2: 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
mastermaestro:

Did you also listen to the language he used on Dangote during his coronation? When he spoke about the Gelegele seaport, he said that Dangote "must" investment in its establishment. People in the hall turned and looked at one another in amusement. They were surprised why an incoming monarch would employ such undiplomatic language in wooing non-indigenous investors.

When Ewuare I The Great was crowned in 1440 AD, there were big men wielding power anyhow in Benin then too. Oba's reforms looked impossible then. Remember things were tougher then and there was no much history of such change to draw on.

Nothing Ewuare II has said so far has not been expected of him. If anything, it has been rather mild so far.

Erediauwa was extremely lenient & diplomatic. Of the old school.

But Nigerians take leniency as an excuse to misbehave. Like they did under Shagari & GEJ.

But Benin is a unique place when it comes to monarchy. Even in the face of European tyranny then, with Ovonramwen in Calabar, Benin people carried on as though Ovonramwen was right there in the palace.

Time of handling serious matters with kids glove is over.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by mastermaestro(m): 4:34pm On Oct 25, 2016
AreaFada2:

When Ewuare I came in 1440, there were big men wielding power anyhow in Benin then too. Oba's reforms looked impossible then too. Remember things were tougher then and there was no much history of such change to draw on.

Nothing he has said so far has not been expected of him. If anything, it has been rather mild so far.

Erediauwa was extremely lenient & diplomatic. Of the old school.

But Nigerians take leniency as an excuse to misbehave. Like they did under Shagari & GEJ.

But Benin is a unique place when it comes to monarchy. Even in the face of European tyranny then.

Time of handling serious matters with kids glove is over.

You would want to acknowledge that monarchy is losing its ancient reverence and influence worldwide except in places where it operates on a theocratic foundation. Highhandedness cost Rehoboam the throne, while wisdom plus diplomacy secured the throne for Solomon.

This Oba faces an ignoble fate laden with public criticism, defiance and unresolvable conflicts at his doorstep. GOD forbid! But this looks very likely. Those urging him on, as they did Rehoboam, have no idea what being a leader entails.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by friimarket01: 4:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
mordtonia:

Please add me on bbm, I have some questions about the iPhone 6s. 2BCEDF62
howfar bros just chat me up for watsapp 08100661236 thats my number. lets talk UK used iphone 6s is available lets talk price
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
saintmark88:
Its not enough to create or make laws, but how to enforce it, The oda day, Gov Ambode came on #YourViewTVC nd pronounced a total ban on street trading in lagos, I watched it live, but people are still selling on d street, you even have more sellers on d streets than we had bfre he made d pronouncement.

This is nothing to rejoice about, until we c it been enforced.
Bros my Nigga, the Oba's decision is FINAL!!! Nobody dare disobeys.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by ernieboy(m): 5:10pm On Oct 25, 2016
mastermaestro:

You would want to acknowledge that monarchy is losing its ancient reverence and influence worldwide except in places where it operates on a theocratic foundation. Highhandedness cost Rehoboam the throne, while wisdom plus diplomacy secured the throne for Solomon.

This Oba faces an ignoble fate laden with public criticism, defiance and unresolvable conflicts at his doorstep. GOD forbid! But this looks very likely. Those urging him on, as they did Rehoboam, have no idea what being a leader entails.
you are missing something here, the cdas are not backed by law they only exist because they are mostly made up of thugs who intimidate people to part with the money and govt has chosen to look the other way because they use these thugs for their own purposes. so suspending them is in order.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by hahn(m): 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
macof:

are you taking Nigeria seriously?

cheesy grin
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by saintmark88(m): 5:26pm On Oct 25, 2016
agongajoseph:
Bros my Nigga, the Oba's decision is FINAL!!! Nobody dare disobeys.
g

Nd u think those that have made this a means of livelihood would just kip silent, fold their hands, in reality it doesn't work like that, weda his words is law or not...

Dnt get me wrong, I am not saying his word isn't law or he isn't a proper authority, of course he is but his subjects are not zombiez....even laws given by God are broken by men not to talk about laws given by men

How will it be enforced, if I'm develeoping my land n Benin n dese guy come n disturb me saying I didn't acquire d land tru dem n settle dem, dey seize my instruments beat up my workers, who do I report to??.....Oba??..........There must be a way to enforce it n make scape goats of a good number of dem who flouts d order, if thts is not done..it will only b words of mouth no action

2 Likes

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by ucheJesse1: 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2016
so we will not hear he is a chief clear road for my chairman good one oba long live the king
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by paradigmshift(m): 5:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
mastermaestro:

he was joking though..he did same to osibanjo and laughed.... if no be stupidity of the federal government, that's going to be a good seaport for everybody
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2016
timeman:
Ogidigan, your forefather, Oduduwa & your big brothers, the proud people of Afonja are proud of you on this. As a result of a potential eradication of omo'nile in benin, i trust my beloved ipods to make benin their next point of destination & claim of ownership.
obey the truth!
You're not far from the truth
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by uncleade(m): 6:49pm On Oct 25, 2016
source of Income for palace. I salute you OBA.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by Fourwinds: 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2016
abuayman:
Hope the new Oba is well jazzed? grin
d Oba na Juju himself if u no know
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by Archangels1: 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2016
Thank God ooo.... those people are useless to the core. I love this proclamation. those people are a nuisance in d community
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by mulattoclaroo(m): 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2016
mastermaestro:

guy the oba said that thing about Dangote with a sense of humour and nothing else.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by gbire: 7:55pm On Oct 25, 2016
New King,new reforms.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by Askmewhy(m): 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2016
2dugged:
Good one,they recently increased community development fee to #150,000, and some are even collecting #200k for open locations.A few individuals with the help of the so called community chairman pocket this money paid by different individuals and don't even do anything to develop the communities not even grading of roads.You see them with the meanest cult boys as companions, way to go,Oba ghatò òkperé, isé

Oh boy e be like say ur community na inside bush. Come Ugbor or Amagba come and ask, devel na 400 k to 500 k be their own. Foundation fee and roofing fee never join oo. This is a great news to me and many in benin Kingdom.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
Askmewhy:

[s]
Oh boy e be like say ur community na inside bush[/s]. Come Ugbor or Amagba come and ask, devel na 400 k to 500 k be their own. Foundation fee and roofing fee never join oo. This is a great news to me and many in benin Kingdom.
that was a stupid thing to say
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by Doyin2(m): 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
So who has ultimate authority over the 7 local governments in Benin ?

The Governor or the Oba?

Can the governor overrule the Oba?

I just wonder!
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by mickool(m): 10:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
This information is false oo..the Oba has not banned CDAs .
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by sapele914(m): 11:13pm On Oct 25, 2016
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef? You need to suspend this story on frontpage and on Twitter shocked

The seven local government areas of the Benin Kingdom are Oredo (capital), Egor, Ikpoba Okha, Uhunmwode, Orhionmwon, Ovia South West and Ovia North East local government areas.

Note: the local government mentioned had the highest number of votes for APC in the last governorship elections grin grin grin

APC sef grin
Yep that's the most populated and developed part of Edo State na them open eye pass.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by martineinstein(m): 6:32am On Oct 26, 2016
abuayman:
Hope the new Oba is well jazzed? grin
haha.well jazzed?? Oba is jazz himself
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by july66: 9:16am On Oct 26, 2016
eseosa77:

The Benin monarch, Oba Ewuare II has ordered the immediate suspension of Community Development Associations (CDAs) in all the seven local government areas of Edo State which constitute the Benin Kingdom.

All land matters would henceforth be adjudicated by the Oba or through the Enogie or Edionwere and no longer through Community Development Associations.

The seven local government areas of the Benin Kingdom are Oredo (capital), Egor, Ikpoba Okha, Uhunmwode, Orhionmwon, Ovia South West and Ovia North East local government areas.

The Oba, who is the paramount ruler over the Edo South District of Edo state, has traditional right over all native lands in the kingdom, especially lands that falls outside the rights of the governor under the Land Use Act.

For many decades the Oba was in charge of adjudicating on land disputes throughout the district. But in recent times, especially since the advent of democracy in 1999, there had been a proliferation of so-called community development associations led by mostly thugs instead of community elders or true members of the community.

These so-called community development associations are not known to grade roads, control erosion or provide security for the community but they collect dues in hundreds of thousands of naira and oftentimes trouble land developers preventing them from developing lands through violence and intimidation.

Many of the CDAs are notorious for selling lands to more than one persons thereby creating lots of land ownership crisis in the state. Also they levy developers of lands all sorts of illegal and unaccounable levies which makes development of property in Benin frustrating and unattractive.

The pronouncement Sunday by the Benin monarch has elicited jubilation throughout Edo with many residents of Benin City hailing the decision as one of the best pronouncements since his ascension to the ancient throne.

Barr Abraham Oviawe, a civil rights activist and resident of Benin City hailed the decision at Agenda Setting forum saying “Great. Peace will reign in communities now”

Mr Austen Ehiguese said “The great Oba has just started well, God will bless him for us”

However many community development associations leaders, many of whom are leaders of a certain political party in Edo State, have started to murmur in hushed tones but in Benin the Oba’s word is law to a very large extent.

http://www.urhokpotareporters.com/2016/10/23/oba-ewuare-ii-suspends-community-development-associations-in-benin-kingdom/
Our leaders are beginning to live up to their responsibilities. It started with omo onile law in Lagos & now this? The idiots collected 100k from a colleague who built in Benin for foundation laying. Immediately he started, another fool came & said they did not bring his share. He started seizing shovels, head pan etc. He collected another 30k. When it was time for roofing, they came again & demanded for another 100k. We begged for 80k.(30k for roofing, 30k for elders & 20k for road repair. Immediately this money was agreed & paid, the hench men came & demanded for the money. We told them we had paid. We told them we paid 80k. They said the true figure is supposed to be 250k. Before you know it they seized all the working materials. Make una dey come again. God punish them but make he bless the new oba. May he reign long.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by Rubyventures: 9:57am On Oct 26, 2016
Maybe now all the touts will go and get a proper job instead of driving around in their jeeps looking for construction sites. When you are looking for farm workers, the only people that apply come either from the North or Calabar and it's environs. The Benin boys are too lazy they sit at home waiting for money coming from abroad, inheritance and land money.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by Askmewhy(m): 10:10pm On Jul 16, 2017
2dugged:
that was a stupid thing to say

u lack manner and home trainning. That's just the point.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 17, 2017
Askmewhy:

u lack manner and home trainning. That's just the point.
and you that has it why don't you try exhibiting it for once. One thing I noticed is that people are quick to call others the very thing they are, firstly I am not o boy, the F is clearly on my moniker, I don't know if you were blind not to see it, secondly only people like you without home training and manners assume a total stranger they don't know lives in the bush,yeye dey smell. Don't mention me again Mr GRA tout shouting "o boy!" Like an agbero that collects ticket money at ringroad undecided.This is my second and last reply to a mannerful tout grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by ReubenE(m): 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
2dugged:
and you that has it why don't you try exhibiting it for once. One thing I noticed is that people are quick to call others the very thing they are, firstly I am not o boy, the F is clearly on my moniker, I don't know if you were blind not to see it, secondly only people like you without home training and manners assume a total stranger they don't know lives in the bush,yeye dey smell. Don't mention me again Mr GRA tout shouting "o boy!" Like an agbero that collects ticket money at ringroad undecided.This is my second and last reply to a mannerful tout grin
Military Zone.....Keep Off
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 19, 2017
ReubenE:

Military Zone.....Keep Off
bros, i greet you,hehehe, some people can be so annoying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Google in Yoruba / Calabar Bikers' Carnival 2016 (photos) / Culture Shock: Have You Ever Experienced It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.