Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,325 members, 7,829,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

5 Problems With Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Problems With Nigeria (457 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Destroys Ohaneze & Calls For Live Debate With Nigeria Intellectuals / 5 Problems APC Will Grapple In 2017 - Daily Trust / 5 Problems That Will Enter 2017 With Ogbeni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Problems With Nigeria by Epiphanus20(m): 1:33pm On Oct 25, 2016
5 PROBLEMS WITH NIGERIA
Many will find it hard to believe that they are Nigerian, some believed that Nigeria is a cursed nation while others say that Nigeria will never have to grow again, the problem with Nigeria is neglect and over dependent, many say that the result for hard work is more works but I don’t believe that, I just believe that is the problem with Nigeria, now let me list down all the problems Nigeria is facing by numbering, at list it should easier to understand.
1. DEPENDENCY: We Nigerians depends so much on the government that we could not figure out our talent, which is to be the major target of our lives, no wonder most Nigerian young people will die to go to school, that another area of dependent, Imagine a boy who took his WAEC at the age of 17/18 will continue writing JAMB but will keep scoring below the cut off for up to 3 or 4 times without learning anything, even computer which I guess is the most important thing for textually institution, how do you expect to be rich, if Nigeria decides not to employ new staffs it means you will be unemployed for life. Its time Nigeria wakes up, everyone is blessed with a gift called talent, its time we embrace it, most of the great achievers, I will say 85% of all the great achievers never depended on the government, they never depended so much on education, people like Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gate, Lucky Dube barely embraced education while other achievers never depended on the government, that why I adore all these artiste, many will say Phyno is a gay while Flavour is a womanizer, but I say you can’t make a better person, you aren’t better than they are, they believed in themselves, so my message to you is BELIEVE you are the best and never hope on the government.
2. LIMITATION: I will say this is the second issue with Nigerians and the worse disease among Nigerians prominent men, we don’t want better things, we just don’t want to explore better things, we limits ourselves too much, we listen to words better than action and sometimes we depends so much on what people can do, let me use the Nigeria football association as an instance, if Jay Okocha, Kanu Nwankwo, Mikel obi and co. are still healthy, of course you know that kind of healthy I’m referring to, if they are still strong enough to pray football, there’s no need to hire new players, Nigeria is blessed with talents and cursed with brains, it’s time we all think ahead, because of this reason, the poor masses don’t have a say in Nigeria, just few rich people can advice Nigeria just because of this reason, that’s why just a few name are heard in Nigeria today, Buhari, Dangote, Ifeanyi Uba, Emeka Offor and co. That’s people Nigerians expect to hear from, not knowing Nigeria can also hear from, what the hell do you think the social media is for, chatting abi, you are simply afraid to speak in the social media that’s why our leaders are simply lacking it all, it’s time we react, we had been pushed to the wall, yeah we are Nigerians.
3. CORRUPTION: Yes, Buhari’s favourite word, maybe he was right or maybe wrong, but this had brought us down enough, the few innocent people are the people bearing the burden, we call it being sharp, we don’t need to be sharp, we just need to stay smart, when I was a little boy, I heard Nigeria is the most powerful country in Africa, I heard Nigeria is a great country but the issue was mismanagement, but I don’t think there is anything great about Nigeria, I once heard that 1 dollar was about N35, but today where are we, how far with the naira, someone help!, Nigeria lost its pride as Africa largest economy, everyone wants to help its brother, its affecting nation negatively, it’s even difficult to find an eleven year old virgin, we had all tasted corruption, even in the academic section, you will score above a school merit but you still have to pay to get your right, where are we Nigeria?
4. PRIDE & LAZINESS: American’s talent is nothing to be compared to the ones we had in Nigeria, just two days ago I saw a 13 years old boy who invented power through Margarine’s container and abandoned solar power from street light, this is what Nigeria needs and not people with PhD or doctorate degree, Nigeria is blessed with talent but we don’t value the talent, all we need is an easy way to make money, we don’t want to be the first to try that, we just need to attempt what made the other person a billionaire, we have to make a difference as the giant of Africa, Imagine that, but we just had no or little help to offer in terms of feeding the country, the continent or the global community in general, Nigeria is blessed with good soil but we are too neat to be farmers, farming is a dirty occupation to us, but we fail to understand that God blessed Nigeria with talent and natural resources but we just wants to trade what the others are into, crude oil, imagine Nigeria importing Palm oil from Algeria, how do you define that? We have Coal, Cocoa, Cotton, Groundnut and many more but we just depend on the oil, Imagine all the talent that exist in this country we still depends in the government, we don’t want to be inventors, that’s absolute laziness, Nigeria is a country filled with lazy people.
5. Frustration and impatience: Most Nigerian notorious criminals are product of frustration, yes, Africans are cursed with impatiency, its time we learn to exercise patience, even with our government, we love probing the government unnecessarily that’s why they love keeping secret and keeping distance with its distance to avoid discouragement from the citizens, we need to learn from the other countries, we are Nigerians
Re: 5 Problems With Nigeria by Sibrah: 1:35pm On Oct 25, 2016
Quite true . . .
Re: 5 Problems With Nigeria by abdeiz(m): 3:17pm On Oct 25, 2016
hmm nice writeup
Re: 5 Problems With Nigeria by Justiceleague1: 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2016
the north is and remains nigeria's problem....my ppl,imagine a nigeria without the north..

(1) (Reply)

*summary Of Senate Proceedings For Wednesday 26th October, 2016.* / Troops Arrest Boko Haram Terrorists Drugs Supplier (photos) / Photos And Video Floods Almost Carried A Nursery School Boy Away In Alagbado

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.