Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,499 members, 7,954,912 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:22 PM

Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss (1894 Views)

Alex Ferguson’s Last Chewed Gum For Sale On E-bay / Alex Ferguson & Ryan Giggs Named Best Manager & Player In EPL History / Who Is The Best And Worst Referee In Premiership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by illusion2: 9:37pm On Oct 25, 2009
This guy is just one really sore loser . . . . he  needs to shut-up,work on his team or retire. . .  angry

Sir Alex Ferguson has questioned whether Andre Marriner had enough experience to referee Manchester United's defeat at Liverpool on Sunday.

The Red Devils boss saw his side lose 2-0 at Anfield as Fernando Torres and David Ngog struck in the second half to end the home team's run of four successive defeats.

Ferguson was disappointed by United's performance, but was incensed by the decision-making of Marriner, who sent off Nemanja Vidic in the closing minutes for a second booking.

Liverpool's Javier Mascherano also saw red before the final whistle after collecting two cautions, but Ferguson believed his side suffered the injustices at the hands of a 38-year-old match official.

The Scot, who earlier in the week had highlighted the pressure match officials face in Liverpool versus United clashes, told Sky Sports: "I'm disappointed by the performance, the first half in particular. It was a bad performance by us.

"We didn't handle the atmosphere of the game, I thought. We didn't handle the decisions against as well. We should have been better at that, we have got enough experience to do it.

Major decisions
"The second half we improved a good deal. But we lost out to one or two major decisions."

United were disappointed not to be awarded a penalty when Jamie Carragher crunched Michael Carrick, although replays suggested the Reds captain for the day, in the absence of the injured Steven Gerrard, made a slight connection with the ball.

The defending Premier League champions were also upset that the Liverpool centre-back was not shown a red card when he appeared to haul down friend and former team-mate Michael Owen, who was roundly booed when entering from the bench.

Ferguson has suggested that an electric atmosphere at a deafening Anfield may have influenced Marriner, especially when Vidic earned his first yellow card.

The United boss said: "I think they got a wee bit caught up in some of the atmosphere - the wounded animal aspect of it. The fans were fanatical and every decision they put the referee under pressure.

"For instance on Vidic, clearly it is a foul. But then he wins the second ball and gets booked for that. The crowd got him booked

Laws of the game
"The atmosphere is hard to handle for the referee. Whether he had enough experience, I don't know. He will certainly learn from it."

Ferguson added: "The most controversial decision was Carragher bringing down Michael Owen. He was clear through.

"The laws of the game were altered to prevent professional fouls of that nature and if Carragher goes off, he is their best player and their captain. It would have been a different game. They would have been under pressure.

"The referee was only four or five yards from it he cannot use a covering defender as an excuse. Michael was clean through. With Michael's pace he is going to get away from him."

Ferguson said regarding Carragher's challenge on Carrick: "He has gone right over the top of the ball. If it is outside of the box it is a free-kick and maybe a yellow card.

"But it was inside the box and the referee was only six yards from it. It was another bad decision."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5652139,00.html#
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by Cristalz(f): 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2009
He is not a sore loser.   .  .he agreed with the fact that Liverpool were better and deserved to win.

And, he is perfectly spot-on about the officiating. It was so shaky and quite biased.
For the most part the ref officiated to the shouts of the home crowd. The rest little part he spent it trying to appease United.

It was too obvious.  .  .don't tell me even you couldn't see that. Everyone else did.

You can go read this article. Contains stuff Sky conveniently left out.
Liverpool were the better side and Torres's goal was superb, but that ref needs his head examined.
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by illusion2: 9:46pm On Oct 25, 2009
Cristalz:

And, he is perfectly spot-on about the officiating. It was so shaky and quite biased.
For the most part the ref officiated to the shouts of the home crowd. The rest little part he spent it trying to appease United.
true. . .like adding seven unwarranted minutes against MAN C ,I guess tongue

I understand how you feel ok? wink
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 25, 2009
Even Fergie blames refs?
Haba. . .the old man should keep quiet abeg.
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by illusion2: 9:56pm On Oct 25, 2009
BlueDiva:

Even Fergie blames refs?
lol ! grin grin
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by Cristalz(f): 10:12pm On Oct 25, 2009
Just shows how little y'all know about the rules of the game.
Your own is just to read 'Ferguson questions ref' and off you run without bothering to see if hez got a point or not.

Why am I even bothering?
Shouldn't surprise me by now that people just deliberately decide to switch off their reasoning/thinking department.

I'm embarrassed for you guys. embarassed
Have a ball, though.
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by dayokanu(m): 10:19pm On Oct 25, 2009
Even Fergie blames refs?

Thats Faggotsons pasttime.

Some weeks ago it was the ref wasnt fit, Now its the experience of the ref. Senility
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by illusion2: 10:19pm On Oct 25, 2009
Cristalz:

Why am I even bothering?
Shouldn't surprise me by now that people just deliberately decide to switch off their reasoning/thinking department.
Take am easy na. . . . .  cheesy
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by Cristalz(f): 10:22pm On Oct 25, 2009
I'm taking it easy o.
Not my headache if y'all cannot call a spade a spade simply 'cos it concerns a rival club.

The ref got a number of decisions wrong, and he was obviously influenced by the home crowd.
That's simple fact. . .every astute observer noticed it.

Anywayz like I said, have a ball.
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by A40(m): 10:27pm On Oct 25, 2009
A lot of people dont know this but the late King of Pop Michael Jackson was actually a die hard Man U fan infact he recorded a remix to one of his classics "Blame it on the boogie" before his untimely death with United boss Sir Alex Ferguson it was aptly renamed "Blame it on the Ref" the song has become a major hit worldwide and is United's official song after any crushing EPL defeat! Fans,Players and the Manager of the club have consistently wowed rival fans with their ability to render the song with such flawless delivery after each loss

On a serious note is Fergie on his period? Why can't the geriatric cud chewing ruminant just tape it shut after any loss! If every manager whined about every loss there'll be no EPL
He has been the biggest beneficiary of dodgy decisions in the history of the EPL! He has no moral grounds to complain
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by MrCrackles(m): 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2009
Ferguson should eat a fat chunky dic.k or some rat poison. . . .
Liverpool won and the referee did ok. . .
When United get dodgy decisions in thier favour, the bastards dont moan!
Fuc.k off Fergie, you pale scottish sausage!
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by Sauron1: 11:30pm On Oct 25, 2009
illusion2:

This guy is just one really sore loser . . . . he  needs to shut-up,work on his team or retire. . .  angry

He has won more titles than his rivals can ever win before they hit their rotten graves.

If Fergie is a sore loser then Rafa Benitez was a born loser.
Never mind Arsene Wenger, Louis van Gaal and other troglodytes in the game.

He recognises Liverpool were the better team but Carragher shoulda been sent off!!!
The referee's mental health should be re-investigated.
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by dayokanu(m): 11:39pm On Oct 25, 2009
On a serious note is Fergie on his period? Why can't the geriatric cud chewing ruminant just tape it shut after any loss! If every manager whined about every loss there'll be no EPL
He has been the biggest beneficiary of dodgy decisions in the history of the EPL! He has no moral grounds to complain

He he A40 why you mention Faggotsons papa name inside? Na im papa offend you?
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by A40(m): 12:09am On Oct 26, 2009
Mentioning his papa's name? Is that not part of his name
Bros DK have u been sniffing Barbiturates?
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by dayokanu(m): 12:11am On Oct 26, 2009
geriatric cud chewing ruminant

This is Faggotson Family name. why must you mention it in a public forum.

Abel hope you didnt take that drug in j-girls drawer, its meant for women towards the month end.
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by A40(m): 12:22am On Oct 26, 2009
@Dayokanu
E be like say that clock wey dem drag back today for Northern Hemisphere don dey make your brain dey skimpololo i hope your head gets back to normal when they drag the clock forward in a few months time
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by illusion2: 7:34am On Oct 26, 2009
Whats all these ranting about period between u guys sef. . . . . ? undecided

E don do na sad

~Sauron~:

He has won more titles than his rivals can ever win before they hit their rotten graves.
No arguments. . . still doesn't mean he ain't a sore loser tongue.

The fact he has been so successful,should make him shut-up the few times he loses games. . .mind you he's currently under an FA charge for comments on another ref's fitness . , . was the EPL made for him alone ? angry
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by tayoccu(m): 11:15am On Oct 26, 2009
@criz
Carragher got the ball before he made contact with carrick,that's why the ball had a little spin to it ( though it continues along the same path because carrick got the last touch), go watch the replay.

@~sauron~
ferggie is a sore loser, we all are when we lose to rivals (especially when we believe we have the advantage).
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by call4shola(m): 11:55am On Oct 26, 2009
This man sha, he will always blame it on someone or one thing, now its d inexperience of referee, he did not remember he got his usual 5 mins added time which eventually backfired on his f:kn Face, Stupid old loser.
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by mukina2: 1:17pm On Oct 26, 2009
tee hee hee grin
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by ritchboy(m): 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2009
Trust Sir gay-lex gay-gotson to question a refs fitness, experince, sexual orientation etc when utd drop points! grin
but seriously, english officials are a bad joke. cheesy
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by tocdee(m): 2:09pm On Oct 26, 2009
Sir Funguson always gets tutored on tactics by a man twenty years his junior! I don't blame him for throwing tantrums. Observing his demeanour during the game revealed how short on class he is when compared with Rafa. One would think he was the one under pressure.
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by chrisical(m): 2:12pm On Oct 26, 2009
Typical Ferguson,blaming ref for dropped points.Against city,he said he didnt know how the officials come about the added minutes.
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by bgees(m): 2:56pm On Oct 26, 2009
he questioned the ref's fitness.

then he blames the ref's experience.

what next if Man utd lose again? Fergie will probably question the ref's sexuality!
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by MrCrackles(m): 3:07pm On Oct 26, 2009
Ferguson is a flipping nuisance. . .
We are sick and tired of his silly rants and kiddy tantrums. . .
Sore loser! grin cheesy grin
Scummies, i bet the beer is still tasting really bad. . . . buncha clueless Obertans!
cool
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by Ibime(m): 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2009
In all honesty, Carraghers offence on Michael Owen was a stone-wall red-card. . . . . as a Chelsea fan, I have learnt that anything is possible at Anfield when the crowd start to intimidate the referee. . . . in this instance, Fergie is 100% correct. . . . but he with a log in his eye should not be pointing out the sawdust in another man's eye. . . . from time immemorial, refs have favoured Man Utd.
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by tocdee(m): 4:41pm On Oct 26, 2009
bgees:

he questioned the ref's fitness.

then he blames the ref's experience.

what next if Man utd lose again? Fergie will probably question the ref's sexuality!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

He just fishes, doesn't he?

Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by illusion2: 12:26am On Oct 27, 2009
sad
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by Sauron1: 12:30am On Oct 27, 2009
Ibime:

In all honesty, Carraghers offence on Michael Owen was a stone-wall red-card. . . . . as a Chelsea fan, I have learnt that anything is possible at Anfield when the crowd start to intimidate the referee. . . . in this instance, Fergie is 100% correct. . . . but he with a log in his eye should not be pointing out the sawdust in another man's eye. . . . from time immemorial, refs have favoured Man Utd.

The most sensible comment on this thread so far. . . . .
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by illusion2: 1:12am On Oct 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

The most unreasonable so far . . . . cheesy
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by rasputinn(m): 5:45am On Oct 27, 2009
Ibime:

~Sauron~:

Were you referring to the highlighted portion above
Re: Alex Ferguson Questions Experience Of Referee In Liverpool Loss by rasputinn(m): 5:49am On Oct 27, 2009
illusion2:

This guy is just one really sore loser . . . . he needs to shut-up,work on his team or retire. . . angry

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5652139,00.html#

Still waiting for the day when gay-gutson will lose a match and not blame a ref for his woes,sincerely I've never seen a more pathetic sore loser.It's either he retires or the Refs Asso should get him a padlock for his mouth

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April / Manchester Utd Vs Aston Villa On Tuesday Feb 1st, 2011 / Stoke City (0) Vs Manchester United (2) On Saturday September 26 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.