Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3690328 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by keboxxerxes: 1:04pm On Dec 22, 2017
Onyiridike:

When I collect my appointment letter next year, I will look up to heaven and tell God "Father!! you have shown mercy to a poor sinner and blessed him with this job".

I don't want to bother myself anymore with the way the way the selection process is going to be.

Exactly smiley
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ferguson0709: 2:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
keboxxerxes:
Good morning.
What I am about to say might be offensive to some candidates on this thread.
A lot of candidates here have raised some very interesting points as regards to the FCC factor. But before that, a lot of candidates by their actions already disqualified themselves from being successful in the interview.
Before the guys in DPR pick out the list of successful candidates as approved by the FCC, they have to firstly weed out the unsuccessful candidates from the ones that have a better chance of being successful.
1. They would probably weed out candidates that missed the interview outrightly.
2. They might also weed out candidates that were absent on the day that they were to be interviewed and instead went to other venues to be interviewed.
3. They might also weed out candidates that came with incomplete documentation, or fraudulent documentation with regards to age and qualification. (Check your interview invites, proper documentation was labelled as a requirement).
Putting these factors into consideration, more than half of the candidates invited fall under at least one or two of the aforementioned categories.
By time they might have reduced the numbers, factors like interview/ CBT test performance, quota system or stake holder slots might now play a role in who may or may not be successful.
In all, Gods grace is the ultimate, but come on, if you didn't do what was expected of you, like for instance, honoring the interview invite, then it would be unfair on other candidates that honored the invite, if God favoured someone who missed the interview outrightly.
My opinion by the way. Please guys, no insults.

I have just one sentence for you. “Your post makes sense”

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by lukedan75(m): 2:46pm On Dec 22, 2017
Good analysis
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Femillionz(m): 4:15pm On Dec 22, 2017
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by qhuadry(m): 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2017
keboxxerxes:
Good morning.
What I am about to say might be offensive to some candidates on this thread.
A lot of candidates here have raised some very interesting points as regards to the FCC factor. But before that, a lot of candidates by their actions already disqualified themselves from being successful in the interview.
Before the guys in DPR pick out the list of successful candidates as approved by the FCC, they have to firstly weed out the unsuccessful candidates from the ones that have a better chance of being successful.
1. They would probably weed out candidates that missed the interview outrightly.
2. They might also weed out candidates that were absent on the day that they were to be interviewed and instead went to other venues to be interviewed.
3. They might also weed out candidates that came with incomplete documentation, or fraudulent documentation with regards to age and qualification. (Check your interview invites, proper documentation was labelled as a requirement).
Putting these factors into consideration, more than half of the candidates invited fall under at least one or two of the aforementioned categories.
By time they might have reduced the numbers, factors like interview/ CBT test performance, quota system or stake holder slots might now play a role in who may or may not be successful.
In all, Gods grace is the ultimate, but come on, *if you didn't do what was expected of you, like for instance, honoring the interview invite, then it would be unfair on other candidates that honored the invite,* if God favoured someone who missed the interview outrightly.
My opinion by the way. Please guys, no insults.

though ur analysis seems alluring but it doesn't holds water...
ur claim that it won't be fair if those who doesn't honour the interview invite(including those who missed their date I presume) are successful and some of those who honour their invite are unsuccessful..now my question is this *will it be fair if those who didn't attend on their stipulated date but did very well in the CBT and interview altogether than those who honour their invite and didn't perform well enough are not successful?
2. but since u already mentioned that wat u want to say might be offensive, and I happen to fall in one of ur assumed unsuccessful candidates, I had to write this to correct ur assumptions because some people are starting to believe ur analysis because it favours them.

3. and lastly, myself and those that falls under those categories will hope and pray that the people in charge of the recruitment wud not THINK like u.
I rest my case

6 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 6:26pm On Dec 22, 2017
Please guys let's not argue over mere assumptions and speculations.

I know most of the input here are based on our own opinion.

Since nobody knows how this recruitment is going to turn out at the end, we should pray and focus more on when/what the next stage will be.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 7:12pm On Dec 22, 2017
qhuadry:

ur claim that it won't be fair if those who doesn't honour the interview invite(including those who missed their date I presume) are successful and some of those who honour their invite are unsuccessful..now my question is this *will it be fair if those who didn't attend on their stipulated date but did very well in the CBT and interview altogether than those who honour their invite and didn't perform well enough are not successful?*
2. you didn't considered wat might be the problem that hindered those candidates who missed their date. using my own case as a case study and I think it happens to many people also. my portal was closed not until my schoolmate that was scheduled on the 4th(first day of the interview) told me that he heard them calling my name to come for accreditation and I wasn't in Lagos then, I had to travel from Kwara state to Lagos that day but unfortunately I missed the interview. I went there the next day and I explained to them, they reschedule me to 5th and I did the interview (the way they respond to me seems as if they are expecting that kind of issue to come up). immediately I finished my interview my portal becomes accessible.
3. but since u already mentioned that wat u want to say might be offensive, and I happen to fall in one of ur assumed unsuccessful candidates, I had to write this to correct ur assumptions because some people are starting to believe ur analysis because it favours them.

4. and lastly, myself and those that falls under those categories will hope and pray that the people in charge of the recruitment wud not THINK like u.
I rest my case

You don't have any problem. They actually understand your situation.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by daron01: 10:37pm On Dec 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
Nlng sending medical invites already, missed dpr interview, didn't get mail, unknown to me that it was in d portal, but nlng Medicals clicked. GOD is great

33 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 11:00pm On Dec 22, 2017
noble4lily:
Nlng sending medical invites already, missed dpr interview, didn't get mail, unknown to me that it was in d portal, but nlng Medicals clicked. GOD is great

Congrats!

NLNG na koko

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
makonko:

Congrats!

NLNG na koko
Thanks man.. na God

5 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by piro2rule: 11:44pm On Dec 22, 2017
noble4lily:
Thanks man.. na God
Thank God for you, I tap into this good news.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 12:19am On Dec 23, 2017
noble4lily:

Congratulations!!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by keboxxerxes: 12:51am On Dec 23, 2017
qhuadry:

ur claim that it won't be fair if those who doesn't honour the interview invite(including those who missed their date I presume) are successful and some of those who honour their invite are unsuccessful..now my question is this *will it be fair if those who didn't attend on their stipulated date but did very well in the CBT and interview altogether than those who honour their invite and didn't perform well enough are not successful?*
2. you didn't considered wat might be the problem that hindered those candidates who missed their date. using my own case as a case study and I think it happens to many people also. my portal was closed not until my schoolmate that was scheduled on the 4th(first day of the interview) told me that he heard them calling my name to come for accreditation and I wasn't in Lagos then, I had to travel from Kwara state to Lagos that day but unfortunately I missed the interview. I went there the next day and I explained to them, they reschedule me to 5th and I did the interview (the way they respond to me seems as if they are expecting that kind of issue to come up). immediately I finished my interview my portal becomes accessible.
3. but since u already mentioned that wat u want to say might be offensive, and I happen to fall in one of ur assumed unsuccessful candidates, I had to write this to correct ur assumptions because some people are starting to believe ur analysis because it favours them.

4. and lastly, myself and those that falls under those categories will hope and pray that the people in charge of the recruitment wud not THINK like u.
I rest my case

I'm very sorry for my assumptions tho. I was only going by the assumption that they might be very strict in the process of weeding out Candidates. To be fair on every one here, no one really knows what would influence the chances of success for each candidate on this recruitment exercise.

In the end what matters the most is Gods favour and your trust in him.

I wish you success in this exercise bro.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by keboxxerxes: 1:03am On Dec 23, 2017
noble4lily:

Congratulations are in order bro. God is great indeed. I tap into your testimony in the name of Jesus. Thanks for sharing bro grin grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by simplynace(m): 3:51am On Dec 23, 2017
noble4lily:

Congrats bro

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by habakukjss3: 6:54am On Dec 23, 2017
noble4lily:

congrats as I share in your blessings

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by PrinceAlPacino: 7:26am On Dec 23, 2017
noble4lily:

A proof of God's excess love on those that trust in Him.
Congratulations.

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 23, 2017
noble4lily:

Congrats ��

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by jidex4life: 1:23pm On Dec 23, 2017
noble4lily:
congrats my guy God hands is involved

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 23, 2017
Thanks guys, yours will arrive soon. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by piro2rule: 10:14pm On Dec 23, 2017
[quote author=noble4lily post=63551696]Thanks guys, yours will arrive soon. Amen[/quote.

AMEN
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by piro2rule: 10:15pm On Dec 23, 2017
AMEN
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by jidex4life: 10:19pm On Dec 23, 2017
noble4lily:
Thanks guys, yours will arrive soon. Amen
Amen
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by successfulmike: 8:14am On Dec 24, 2017
congrats bro... it is evident now that consideration is being given to the masses as opposed to our assumptions of godfatherism.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by yildaz: 8:49am On Dec 24, 2017
noble4lily:

yes GOD is great. You finally did it. Congrats
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Sunnystooth(m): 11:04am On Dec 24, 2017
successfulmike:
congrats bro... it is evident now that consideration is being given to the masses as opposed to our assumptions of godfatherism.
That's NLNG, it's recruitments are almost always merit based, unlike DPR where the so-called "stakeholders" and top government officials do have say about who eventually get picked. Leaving very little slots for merit-based applicants.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 24, 2017
so this dpr recruitment wont be on merit as we earlier thought?? there is God ooh
Sunnystooth:

That's NLNG, it's recruitments are almost always merit based, unlike DPR where the so-called "stakeholders" and top government officials do have say about who eventually get picked. Leaving very little slots for merit-based applicants.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Sunnystooth(m): 11:43am On Dec 24, 2017
babagy82:
so this dpr recruitment wont be on merit as we earlier thought?? there is God ooh
Lolz,
keep on 'thoughting'.
This is one of the most lucrative government job in the country, so I'm not gonna just assume the selection would follow an ideal and merit based approach.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 11:47am On Dec 24, 2017
Sunnystooth:

Why do you people enjoy making baseless allegation.

NLNG is as juicy as DPR if not even better.

Why do you think your so-called stakeholders wouldn't influence NLNG recruitment?

If you don't have an evidence, do me a favour and keep quiet.

Many people here myself inclusive will testify very soon that they got this DPR job without knowing anybody.

Nobody is more influential than God Almighty. He owns everything on earth and in heaven and gives to whoever he pleases despite our sins.

He is that powerful and merciful.

10 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by sahihameen2018(m): 11:58am On Dec 24, 2017
Onyiridike:

Why do you people enjoy making baseless allegation.

NLNG is as juicy as DPR if not even better.

Why do you think your so-called stakeholders wouldn't influence NLNG recruitment?

If you don't have an evidence, do me a favour and keep quiet.
Exactly. May Allah in his infinite mercies, wisdom and power make us among the successful. Oh Allah we pray for success and joy, surely you are all-knowing, the wise. Ameen.
Many people here myself inclusive will testify very soon that they got this DPR job without knowing anybody.

Nobody is more influential than God Almighty. He owns everything on earth and in heaven and gives to whoever he pleases despite our sins.

He is that powerful and merciful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.