Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,514 members, 7,836,965 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3690439 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 12:04pm On Dec 24, 2017
Sunnystooth:

Lolz,
keep on 'thoughting'.
This is one of the most lucrative government job in the country, so I'm not gonna just assume the selection would follow an ideal and merit based approach.

Go to Nigerian Railway Coporation (NRC) thread to see for yourself that ordinary Nigerians are being called to pick their appointment letter.

People like you earlier claimed that the speaker (Dogara) has already hijacked the recruitment.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Sunnystooth(m): 12:14pm On Dec 24, 2017
Onyiridike:

Why do you people enjoy making baseless allegation.

NLNG is as juicy as DPR if not even better.

Why do you think your so-called stakeholders wouldn't influence NLNG recruitment?

If you don't have an evidence, do me a favour and keep quiet.

Many people here myself inclusive will testify very soon that they got this DPR job without knowing anybody.

Nobody is more influential than God Almighty. He owns everything on earth and in heaven and gives to whoever he pleases despite our sins.

He is that powerful and merciful.
I'll try not to sound rude in response to your condescending post.
You want want facts, here is it.
I've worked at NLNG before (as an undergraduate intern). I wrote a test back then and out of more than 2000 candidates that sat for the Industrial Training placement test at Presidential hotel in PH, I was lucky to be among the 15 or so that were finally taken.
I didn't know anyone at PH even, let alone NLNG.
Also, I monitored their graduates trainee recruitment right from 2013 till when they finally sent final closure to the. waitlisted guys just last month.
So, when I talk about NLNG, I speak with some levels of trust in their approach in recruiting nothing but the. best.

But DPR on the other hand, I'm not saying there won't be those that would get it based on merit (infact, thats my only hope in the process because I don't know anyone there), I'm saying the Nigeria public system is too porous and corrupt and can be easily manipulated by those at the top, leaving very little space for the masses whose only hope is left on the merit-bases slots (if any).

And please, this is a public forum, you don't have to tell anyone to keep quiet as if they are in your palour.
We are all. anxious and hoping for the best as well.

5 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Sunnystooth(m): 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2017
Onyiridike:

Go to Nigerian Railway Coporation (NRC) thread to see for yourself that ordinary Nigerians are being called to pick their appointment letter.

People like you earlier claimed that the speaker (Dogara) has already hijacked the recruitment.
I'm glad you used the word like... Because you can't substantiate that claim.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 24, 2017
Onyiridike:

Why do you people enjoy making baseless allegation.

NLNG is as juicy as DPR if not even better.

Why do you think your so-called stakeholders wouldn't influence NLNG recruitment?

If you don't have an evidence, do me a favour and keep quiet.

Many people here myself inclusive will testify very soon that they got this DPR job without knowing anybody.

Nobody is more influential than God Almighty. He owns everything on earth and in heaven and gives to whoever he pleases despite our sins.

He is that powerful and merciful.
This thing is very much simple. If you consider this recruitment as merit-base it will be so 4 you. If you also consider it as otherwise, it will be the samething for you. So just keep on praying many people will make it on merit. I pray may Allah make it simple for all of us here.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 12:31pm On Dec 24, 2017
Sunnystooth:

I'll try not to sound rude in response to your condescending post.
You want want facts, here is it.
I've worked at NLNG before (as an undergraduate intern). I wrote a test back then and out of more than 2000 candidates that sat for the Industrial Training placement test at Presidential hotel in PH, I was lucky to be among the 15 or so that were finally taken.
I didn't know anyone at PH even, let alone NLNG.
Also, I monitored their graduates trainee recruitment right from 2013 till when they finally sent final closure to the. waitlisted guys just last month.
So, when I talk about NLNG, I speak with some levels of trust in their approach in recruiting nothing but the. best.

But DPR on the other hand, I'm not saying there won't be those that would get it based on merit (infact, thats my only hope in the process because I don't know anyone there), I'm saying the Nigeria public system is too porous and corrupt and can be easily manipulated by those at the top, leaving very little space for the masses whose only hope is left on the merit-bases slots (if any).

And please, this is a public forum, you don't have to tell anyone to keep quiet as if they are in your palour.
We are all. anxious and hoping for the best as well.

sorry for asking you to keep quiet if that offends you.

Now, can you prove that unlike Nlng, DPR do not follow merit?

Do you know that there are many graduates who would swear that NLNG can never recruit on merit?

I don't go about saying things based on hear say.

Many Nigerians still believe that you cannot get university admission without knowing somebody.

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2017
who have any idea when they will call? because someone said everything will be finalised by 20th january and work to resume february, hope its true.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 12:37pm On Dec 24, 2017
babagy82:
who have any idea when they will call? because someone said everything will be finalised by 20th january and work to resume february, hope its true.

Some you said?
Who could that be? �

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by msb247(m): 12:39pm On Dec 24, 2017
jidex4life:
which batch are you and which venue and discipline

Batch B, Abuja, Civil Engineer (GT)
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Sunnystooth(m): 1:01pm On Dec 24, 2017
Onyiridike:

sorry for asking you to keep quiet if that offends you.

Now, can you prove that unlike Nlng, DPR do not follow merit?

Do you know that there are many graduates who would swear that NLNG can never recruit on merit?

I don't go about saying things based on hear say.

Many Nigerians still believe that you cannot get university admission without knowing somebody.
Apology accepted.
Now, if you follow my line of arguments closely, you'll understand that I only said the process of selection in Nigeria's public system is always porous, lacks transparency and always susceptible to manipulations by those at the top(of course this is like a cliché, because we all know it).
Also, I know that from the past DPR recruitment there were people that got it by merit.
I honestly can't prove that DPR's recruitment isn't merit-based. But I'm just not confident in the system like that of NLNG. That was the whole idea of my post in response to the guy's post I quoted earlier on.

Let's just hope people that merit it get successful at the end though.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2017
Sunnystooth:

Apology accepted.
Now, if you follow my line of arguments closely, you'll understand that I only said the process of selection in Nigeria's public system is always porous, lacks transparency and always susceptible to manipulations by those at the top(of course this is like a cliché, because we all know it).
Also, I know that from the past DPR recruitment there were people that got it by merit.
I honestly can't prove that DPR's recruitment isn't merit-based. But I'm just not confident in the system like that of NLNG. That was the whole idea of my post in response to the guy's post I quoted earlier on.

Let's just hope people that merit it get successful at the end though.

It is ok! When testmonies start coming, you will have a reason to believe DPR's transparency.

It is our responsibility to pray to God Almighty for merit to be adhered to. He can change the heart of men.

I am not leaving out grace and mercy of God. For it is not of him that willeth neither is it of him that runneth but unto him that God showeth mercy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ferguson0709: 1:28pm On Dec 24, 2017
Onyiridike:

It is ok! When testmonies start coming, you will have a reason to believe DPR's transparency.

It is our responsibility to pray to God Almighty for merit to be adhered to. He can change the heart of men.

I am not leaving out grace and mercy of God. For it is not of him that willeth neither is it of him that runneth but unto him that God showeth mercy.

DPR will give letters to people on merit and by the Grace of God whom I serve, I will be one of those that will receive the letter of appointment(Amen)
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by mekay2017(m): 2:03pm On Dec 24, 2017
babagy82:

A lady at the Abuja interview center asked her interviewers when the recruitment process will be concluded and they told her that it will be concluded by first quarter of next year, hopefully be4 the end of March. She said he also mentioned something about being captured in the budget.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Setaje(f): 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2017
grin
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 2:20pm On Dec 24, 2017
mekay2017:

A lady at the Abuja interview center asked her interviewers when the recruitment process will be concluded and they told her that it will be concluded by first quarter of next year, hopefully be4 the end of March. She said he also mentioned something about being captured in the budget.

i'm looking at early June
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by msb247(m): 2:31pm On Dec 24, 2017
Smartgrid:
"DO YOU HAVE ANY FRIEND OR RELATIVE WORKING WITH US?"
The above question was asked by the interviewers to almost all the applicants that attended the interview. I am surprised that many of you couldn't understand what that mean or the logic behind. The question is simply checking for nepotism, which is simply the practice among those in power to influence the favouring of their relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

The correct answer in that situation is simple "No". But I don't think it's wrong when you answer "Yes", especially if that your relative is not working in the HR department, as that 'may' attract unnessesary questions to ascertain weather or not he's helping you in any way to secure the appointment. The help could be as simple as telling you the exact question they gonna ask you and the best answers.

Anyway, these are just my understanding. I stand to be corrected. Good day hopefuls ✌

Yes they may be checking nepotism but let's be realistic - how many of their staff can actually exert influence apart from the Director himself and may be head of HR? Most influence, if any, comes from outside (ogas at the top) not within. Some staff even know nothing about the recruitment while many others can only leak the little info they know which may not even be of any help to get someone in. You'll agree with me that not everyone was asked questions about having or knowing someone at DPR. It seems they asked only those who have the same surnames or suspected links to some staff. They have to know because related people should not work together - there's always a tendency of collusion connivance or unnecessary disclosure of sensitive secrets/information or even gaining undue advantage over other employees due to the other relative's position.

If 'No' becomes the answer when in reality its a yes, this will definitely backfire as time goes on. And in such a case, the person being interviewed and the existing person may both be affected. Sincerity is key here.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 24, 2017
it is January,
makonko:

i'm looking at early June

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by msb247(m): 3:09pm On Dec 24, 2017
Onyiridike:

During documentation in NITT, Zaria, a young man was denied a job because his elder sister works there.

He was told plainly that two of them cannot work in the same parastatal.

I also know of a banker who wanted to marry a youth corper posted to the bank but eventually got retained. She had to look for a job elsewhere because they were informed that one of them has to leave as soon as marriage brings them together.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 4:17pm On Dec 24, 2017
babagy82:
it is January,

You said it with such confidence grin
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by sahihameen2018(m): 4:19pm On Dec 24, 2017
Goderlist:
This thing is very much simple. If you consider this recruitment as merit-base it will be so 4 you. If you also consider it as otherwise, it will be the samething for you. So just keep on praying many people will make it on merit. I pray may Allah make it simple for all of us here.
our hope and trust is in Allah. May we all succeeded. Ameen

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 24, 2017
sahihameen2018:
our hope and trust is in Allah. May we all succeeded. Ameen
Ameen
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 24, 2017
hello house
I have been APC for so long, I had even started forgetting about DPR. Just now I decided to log on one last time before deleting the portals homepage from my phone. Lo and behold! I had access to my account once again!
Showing my interview date and location.. grand cubana hotel jabi Abuja for 15 Dec 2017 batch c...this has long elapsed..what to do now? I don't know.
Will probably call DPR's hotline after the holiday to find out my fate..
Please are there some APC guys still on this thread..try logging into your portal and see what's up.. I'll try uploading pics from my portal, I don't know how to yet cause i'm new to nairaland.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ferguson0709: 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
maryam123:
hello house
I have been APC for so long, I had even started forgetting about DPR. Just now I decided to log on one last time before deleting the portals homepage from my phone. Lo and behold! I had access to my account once again!
Showing my interview date and location.. grand cubana hotel jabi Abuja for 15 Dec 2017 batch c...this has long elapsed..what to do now? I don't know.
Please are there some APC guys still on this thread..try logging into your portal and see what's up.. I'll try uploading pics from my portal, I don't know how to yet cause i'm new to nairaland.

Try call them next week, impossible is nothing !!

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 8:02pm On Dec 24, 2017
maryam123:
hello house

I don't know what to write exactly.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2017
I am baffled as well!! How do I post screen shots on the tread? Tnx
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by csimms7: 8:54pm On Dec 24, 2017
makonko:

Some you said?
Who could that be? �

Lmao @ the response, epic!!!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2017
csimms7:

Lmao @ the response, epic!!!

It's a typo.

Learn to ignore joor grin
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2017
Pics

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 9:14pm On Dec 24, 2017
maryam123:
Pics

So the interview went on till the 15th...

@maryam123, What position did you apply?
Just give the DPR helpline a call after the break and explain your situation.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 24, 2017
makonko:

It's a typo.

Learn to ignore joor grin

The best solution is to call them on Wednesday. Let them know you haven't receive a text or email. Do not give up. Miracle do happen. I wish you the best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 24, 2017
makonko:

So the interview went on till the 15th...

@maryam123, What position did you apply?
Just give the DPR helpline a call after the break and explain your situation.

@makonko GT Human resource. I will thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.