Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,613 members, 7,820,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari (8730 Views)

Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess / 8,300 Petition UK To Return Nigeria’s Stolen Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by agwom(m): 9:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has, Tuesday, restated the determination of his administration to restore the country to the “good old days of accountability”.

This is contained in a statement made available to newsmen by the SSA to the President, Garba Shehu.

Speaking at a meeting with the Director, Global Upstream of Shell Oil Company at the State House, Abuja, President Buhari said he will leave a legacy of improved infrastructure, particularly in the power sector, and ensure better security in the Niger Delta.

“It is only by doing this that investors’ morale and confidence will return, and the economy will be positioned on the path of growth,” the President said.

President Buhari, who commended Shell for their faith in the economy and staying power, gave assurances on some issues of concern raised by the company.

On the protracted issue of cash calls, the President assured that the Federal Executive Council will soon consider a proposal for the easing of unpaid arrears owed by the government.

President Buhari assured that the security of oil infrastructure will continue to be prioritized side-by-side with the dialogue with stakeholder-communities in the Niger Delta.

He, however, urged oil companies to take more responsibility in the protection of oil installations to complement the efforts of Nigerian Navy in the region.

In his remarks, the Shell Director, Mr. Andrew Brown, informed the President of the resumption of oil exportation through the Forcados terminal following its restoration.

He called for continued protection by the Nigerian Navy in view of repeated threats of attacks by militants.

Brown commended the anti-corruption posture of the Buhari administration as well as the efforts to streamline and stabilize the economy for long term projects, saying all the efforts will go a long way to reinforce Shell investment plans in Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/well-return-nigeria-good-old-days-accountability-buhari/

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by prince985(m): 10:02pm On Oct 25, 2016
lmao... op in case ur new here...we hav joke section on nairaland

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by ojun50(m): 10:04pm On Oct 25, 2016
Keep deceiving yr hausas broda

39 Likes

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
Buhari has confirmed the mind of the people. He is returning Nigeria to 60s_forward never_backward ever!

35 Likes

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by kunlexy1759(m): 10:33pm On Oct 25, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by mKc9ET(m): 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hahahahahahaha
Buhari-APC-tairants and we will, I will, we going to' is like 5 and 6

12 Likes

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by Sweetguy25: 10:47pm On Oct 25, 2016
By having people like Amaechi in your government?? Mumu president

22 Likes

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by Cjrane2: 10:49pm On Oct 25, 2016
There was never a time Nigerian leaders were accountable to anyone.

Lack of accountability was even worst under the military dictators and former dictators that became civilian presidents

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by Funlordjnr: 10:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
Abeg na which days my nigga dey refer to? undecided

12 Likes

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by Flashh: 10:53pm On Oct 25, 2016
You will return Nigeria to good old days. What happens to making it better?

Even in the "old days", they keeps saying Nigeria go better.

Just bring it back. It's far better than now you have spoilt everything.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by babdap: 11:03pm On Oct 25, 2016
I think few Nigerians that won't die of hunger will be accountable Nigerians after 2019

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by Ratello: 11:33pm On Oct 25, 2016
If only Mallam Buhari can just achieve one tangible thing that can trickle down to the masses in the streets and stop this waffling it would save this his lousy statements some energy. I don't seem to understand where mallam is heading when unprecedented hunger is ravishing 80% of Nigerians he promised to better their lives.vundecided what amazed me is how some "intellectuals" here still chant "Sai Buhari carry on we are behind you" beats my imagination.

17 Likes

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by jumobi1(m): 11:35pm On Oct 25, 2016
There's never been real accountability in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by freeze001(f): 12:34am On Oct 26, 2016
How accountable was he as a military dictator? All he thinks of is old days with archaic ideas...why were some people really convinced we needed a dinosaur stuck in a medieval time warp? I just don't get it really!

10 Likes

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by ezechueze(m): 4:35am On Oct 26, 2016
Life is good with LG ELECTRONICS

12 Likes

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by henrydadon(m): 8:51am On Oct 26, 2016
angry

accountability ?? are you kidding me..

which year will that be

[img]http://i./kLGEjXf6yEMog.gif[/img]

9 Likes

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by Nellybank(m): 8:52am On Oct 26, 2016
Oloriburuku.... U don ask weda i don chop since morning?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by trishapal(f): 8:52am On Oct 26, 2016
But you are not promoting integrity in this system. Stop ruining Nigeria's future with fake promises.

11 Likes

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by Young03(m): 8:52am On Oct 26, 2016
i pray u can
Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by Tunami(m): 8:53am On Oct 26, 2016
Zombies come and hear your president.

12 Likes

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by Neimar: 8:53am On Oct 26, 2016
story story

1 Like

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by 1990news: 8:53am On Oct 26, 2016
Wee dont want. Abeg leave office, you are a regorious otopedic catastrophy slowpoke. I dont even know the meaning of what am saying .grin cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by slimthugchimee(m): 8:53am On Oct 26, 2016
we dont want that

just return nigeria to how corrupt it was before you came first

9 Likes

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by TheOonlyOne: 8:54am On Oct 26, 2016
We have heard this severally... people are hungry Mr President... do sth about that too

1 Like

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by Chuknovski(m): 8:54am On Oct 26, 2016
This Baba get believe oooo.... tongue grin

1 Like

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by divide9ja: 8:55am On Oct 26, 2016
We dont believe you Dullard of Daura.

You said Abacha no thief money!
We all know Abacha stole.

Under you N2.8 billion disappeared from the NNPC bank account.

Under you Christian girls are being abducted , the latest by the Emir of Katsina and yet nothing from you.

Under you the South of Nigeria has been under siege by Boko Haram, in the guise of Fulani Herdsmen.
Again nothing from you.

Those that fight back against the Boko haram people are imprisoned

Under you the Naira has lost it's value from N218 to $1 to almost N500 to $1, all in about a year.

Under you Nigeria is in recession,
which older people will say you've plunged the nation into recession before.

You allocated more money to the clinic that serves you than whole teaching hospitals in the whole Nigeria.
And yet you still travel abroad for treatment.

Which accountability are you talking of abeg?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by ricson11(m): 8:55am On Oct 26, 2016
Bubu I agree so you don't need to tell me again

1 Like

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by frankzone: 8:55am On Oct 26, 2016
Chai! This man no dey taya

1 Like

Re: We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari by johnstar(m): 8:55am On Oct 26, 2016
Oh

Nt again

D dullard again

U hv ntn gud to say

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Not Sending Troops To Gambia - Nigeria Army / Hamisu Chidari Emerges New Speaker Kano House Of Assembly / PMB Says Digital Currency Will Boost Nigeria's GDP By $29 Billion In 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.