Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,940 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

10 Quotes From President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At Oxford University - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Quotes From President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At Oxford University (637 Views)

Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention / Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At Oxford University (Video) / Goodluck Jonathan Hailed For His Speech At Oxford University (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Quotes From President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At Oxford University by agwom(m): 6:18am On Oct 26, 2016
“What could a leader do to effectively lift a people out of the depths of poverty, and enable them to achieve prosperity? After much soul searching, I concluded that: wealth is a creation of the human mind properly prepared by education.”

“Most violent crises in Africa can be traced to a lack of education and opportunities among its teeming youth population. The issue of youth entrepreneurship in Africa is very critical, as Africa is the only continent in which we will witness a population boom”

“Any nation that does not spend its wealth and resources to develop the capacity of its youth will be forced to use them to fight insecurity.”

“As a leader, you can decide through your policies to educate the youths, or face the consequences of failing to do so.”

“Despite incredible challenges, Nigerian youths are achieving great things and placing Nigeria positively in the world map. They inspire us. We identified Nollywood as a sector that can employ many young people and provided a grant of $200 million to boost the industry. As a result, Nollywood became a major contributor to our GDP and in 2014, the industry contributed 1.4% to our GDP”

“Under my watch, Nigeria was projected by CNN Money to be the third fastest growing economy in the world for the year 2015. Nigeria was rated as the largest economy in Africa and the 23rd in the world by the World Bank and the IMF, with a GDP above US$570 billion. A growth that proved the truism that a nation's wealth is not underneath the ground but between the ears of her people.”

“As a leader, you need resources to develop your nation and sometimes you have to navigate through the competing interests of western powers.”

“While serving as President of Nigeria, I worked for the next generation and not for the next elections. I have no regrets for what I did. Somebody must sacrifice and work for the next generation otherwise your children's children will suffer the same predicaments as you have.”

“On the issue of corruption, you are aware that several matters are pending in court and I would not like to interfere with the legal processes. We reformed the institutions and introduced various mechanisms to stop the corruption problems in our country without publicity.”

“I urge contemporary African leaders to see youth entrepreneurship as a collective project transcending national boundaries.”

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/10-quotes-from-president-goodluck-jonathan-s-speech-at-oxford-university/168526.html#OOxLi0CyeaEUOlTT.99

1 Like

Re: 10 Quotes From President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At Oxford University by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:21am On Oct 26, 2016
We All Miss Him cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: 10 Quotes From President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At Oxford University by AmSmart(m): 6:22am On Oct 26, 2016
Haters are £eginning to angle around...

1 Like

Re: 10 Quotes From President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At Oxford University by jahlove4jah: 6:25am On Oct 26, 2016
Nice
Re: 10 Quotes From President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At Oxford University by blackpanda: 6:25am On Oct 26, 2016
I think this man really had good intentions for the country. The only problem is that he was too weak and clueless to actually see it through. In the end GEJ became a puppet of the people he called his friends, and completely blinded to the reality of sufferings they were inflicting.
Re: 10 Quotes From President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At Oxford University by blackpanda: 6:26am On Oct 26, 2016
[s]
SamuelAnyawu:
We All Miss Him cry cry cry cry
[/s]

Nah! Good riddance to bad rubbish grin
Re: 10 Quotes From President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At Oxford University by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 26, 2016
Re: 10 Quotes From President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At Oxford University by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:31am On Oct 26, 2016
blackpanda:
I think this man really had good intentions for the country. The only problem is that he was too weak and clueless to actually see it through. In the end GEJ became a puppet of the people he called his friends, and completely blinded to the reality of sufferings they were inflicting.
Gbam

1 Like

Re: 10 Quotes From President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At Oxford University by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:32am On Oct 26, 2016
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

Nah! Good riddance to bad rubbish grin

Zombies tongue tongue tongue tongue all Miss him

Re: 10 Quotes From President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At Oxford University by Wizzyblack3(m): 6:53am On Oct 26, 2016
Just when i thought GEJ was clueless, little did i know that a Phd in cluelessness is coming to rule us.

1 Like

Re: 10 Quotes From President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At Oxford University by otukpo(f): 6:58am On Oct 26, 2016
Politics is becoming more fierce in most parts of the world.

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck/sambo (LIKE) Vs Buhari/osinbajo (SHARE) / Mass Defection Hits APC And LP / Why FG Is Uncomfortable With S’court Under Justice Mahmud Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.