Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,602 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (2889) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3554981 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2886) (2887) (2888) (2889) (2890) (2891) (2892) ... (3314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Rwshd: 9:43pm On Jul 02, 2022
Learner47:

I'm a newbie ...&learning. Don't consider my answers to ur questions as an expert. U'd have to figure what works best for u as u journey along.

1. I send emails from Tuesday to Friday. Sometimes skip Friday.
2. From 2pm-once it's 9pm I'm done with domaining. U can do 9m till midnight if u can.
3. If it has UpTo 50 end users confirmed email address u stand a chance+ other factors checked. But personally like right now, I won't register this name.
4. Ma email done lost. I try as much to answer questions nd drop everything here.

Congrats on ur sale. As far as u don't give up u may turn out to be d next Braden Pollock. Gdluck Sir.

Thank you for your replies, sir; I'm much encouraged. smiley smiley smiley
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Rwshd: 9:48pm On Jul 02, 2022
Learner47:

3. If it has UpTo 50 end users confirmed email address u stand a chance+ other factors checked. But personally like right now, I won't register this name.

May I ask why you wouldn't register the name?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by YoobaNesan: 9:55pm On Jul 02, 2022
As Hy dey go...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Cashew: 10:07pm On Jul 02, 2022
Hi guys,

Is nameworth appraisal a good place to check the value of domains.

I hope the experienced guys can help with this question
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Rankett: 10:10pm On Jul 02, 2022
Cashew:
Hi guys,

Nameworth and any other appraisal tool is not to be relied on. You can use Namebio and GoDaddy appraisal to check the amount similar domains sold for but NEVER rely on it solely as a yardstick for pricing your domains.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Greenbuoy(m): 10:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
Boston *keyword*
Mrsoftwork:
Please how did you search for your end users? Which keyword did you use?

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Greenbuoy(m): 10:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
alawi5k:
Domainers, always looking for reported sales but are not comfortable to report their sales.

Even those that post more than ten times on a page here and chat with themselves ( using one moniker to post and another to reply the same post) are also not comfortable to report sales.

Niche no dey finish.

Some backordered abused domain and be expecting sales. I will drop Geo domains ( after 4th reoutbound), three months later, I will see the domain listed on Dan and the person will think he will sell it. I dey laugh grin

4 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 10:38pm On Jul 02, 2022
Rwshd:

The buyer hit "Buy Now" immediately after receiving my mail. I had scheduled my mails the night before to hit my end users' inboxes early on that fateful Saturday morning. I checked my mail around 11:30 am (around the time the emails were rolling out) and saw that glorious email from SAV. I cashed out from SAV 5 days later, and the money ($151.6 [after SAV's 4% commission and $26 wire transfer fee]) hit my dom account 6 days after cashing out.

If one thing can kill a newbie at inception, it is GREED.
you all.

Thanks for sharing

Explain that GREED something when you have time pls

How many domains do you have in your portfolio?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Mrsoftwork(m): 10:43pm On Jul 02, 2022
Thanks

Greenbuoy:
Boston *keyword*
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by xamster(m): 10:58pm On Jul 02, 2022
Start Affiliate Marketing.

Simply recommending high quality digital courses and making 50% commissions without necessarily creating any products or involving any logistics.

My (WhatsApp)contact on my signature to know more
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Rwshd: 11:10pm On Jul 02, 2022
BOOKWORMLUX:

Thanks for sharing

Explain that GREED something when you have time pls

How many domains do you have in your portfolio?

You're welcome, sir.

By greed, I mean that aspiring geo-domainers should focus on making small sales, building confidence, and stepping it up g.r.a.d.u.a.l.l.y. It takes time, and that's one thing I've learnt from the OP of this thread (I'm yet to enroll for his private class though).

I was unrealistic with my pricing when I started out late last year, but after recording no sales for over 4 months, I had to start from page 1 grin! From there, I learnt that sometimes, it's better to leave some money (or most of the money sef) on the table than to leave all of the money on the table. Or in one member's words, low sale is better than no sale.

My portfolio comprises fewer than 30 domains, most of which are just "hasty crap". But I'm happy I'm learning.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
Rwshd:

You're welcome, sir.

By greed, I mean that aspiring geo-domainers should focus on making small sales, building confidence, and stepping it up g.r.a.d.u.a.l.l.y. It takes time, and that's one thing I've learnt from the OP of this thread (I'm yet to enroll for his private class though).

I was unrealistic with my pricing when I started out late last year, but after recording no sales for over 4 months, I had to start from page 1 grin! From there, I learnt that sometimes, it's better to leave some money (or most of the money sef) on the table than to leave all of the money on the table. Or in one member's words, low sale is better than no sale.

My portfolio comprises fewer than 30 domains, most of which are just "hasty crap". But I'm happy I'm learning.
Very underrated advise. I learnt that late. First year of domaining, mistakes are allowed and into second, but by the end of second it should warrant capital punishment. Sometimes one needs a sale to make sales. A $100 will buy you ten names with which you can try again.

And one of the best advice one can get is to stick with niches and cities that pay. There are cities too, like Mesa, Richmond and San Juan, I will never touch again even though I sold a name or two in them. There are niches too, like Podiatrist, Barbershop, Tanning Salon, SEO, I won't touch even though I sold names there.

If a newbie can find the right balance. Niches that currently sell, cities that buy. Especially when they are working with very limited resources. Every month I try to experiment with at least one new niche to see how it goes. If they must buy a not-too-great city+/niche, then they must make sure it has great SEO metrics. Real Estate as a niche never fades.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by therealMcCain: 4:00am On Jul 03, 2022
Cashew:
Hi guys,

I like your soft approach in asking your questions.

Maybe that's why you haven't been getting "start reading from page 1" responses

How far have you gotten in this thread?

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Crazeworld(m): 5:03am On Jul 03, 2022
There is only a thin line between creativity and stupidity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Faboosuarez(m): 5:29am On Jul 03, 2022
symbuul:

Do you mean registering a name on Dan? Sorry you can't. Dan is just a marketplace to sell domains for now.
. Ohh, thanks for the info
Wat if I wanna buy?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Zigla: 6:10am On Jul 03, 2022
Rwshd:

Thanks for asking @BOOKWORMLUX. Here goes:

*****FIRST SALE ALERT******

Domain name: Johnscreek\\TreeService\\com
Sale price: $185 (BIN)
Sales type: Outbound
Venue: SAV
Purchase price: SAV $6.95
Hold time: 1 month 4 days (bought on May 7 and sold on Jun. 11)

I had watched the name as it dropped and hoped that no one would register it before I had the funds to do so. I registered the domain about a week or two later at SAV and landed it at the SAV marketplace (yes, SAV! grin).

The buyer hit "Buy Now" immediately after receiving my mail. I had scheduled my mails the night before to hit my end users' inboxes early on that fateful Saturday morning. I checked my mail around 11:30 am (around the time the emails were rolling out) and saw that glorious email from SAV. I cashed out from SAV 5 days later, and the money ($151.6 [after SAV's 4% commission and $26 wire transfer fee]) hit my dom account 6 days after cashing out.

If one thing can kill a newbie at inception, it is GREED. I'll also advise anyone seriously considering this as a side hustle to read from page 1 (as I wrote previously, I'm still on 815). I'll continue my story later; I still have more "stories" to glean from this thread.

@Learner47, thank you for your reply. Thank you all.
you received $151 from sav? I think sav don't pay such low amount until you have made enough money. I'm surprise they paid you 151 through wire transfer. Congrats bro.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by therealMcCain: 6:41am On Jul 03, 2022
Faboosuarez:

. Ohh, thanks for the info
Wat if I wanna buy?

You want to buy to sell or buy to use?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 7:14am On Jul 03, 2022
Rwshd:

You're welcome, sir.

Okay
Let me adjust where necessary

An end user told me, "I think you're crazy" after I told him price
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Vikkoh(m): 7:48am On Jul 03, 2022
Rwshd:

Thanks for asking @BOOKWORMLUX. Here goes:

*****FIRST SALE ALERT******

Domain name: Johnscreek\\TreeService\\com
Sale price: $185 (BIN)
Sales type: Outbound
Venue: SAV
Purchase price: SAV $6.95
Hold time: 1 month 4 days (bought on May 7 and sold on Jun. 11)

The buyer hit "Buy Now" immediately after receiving my mail. I had scheduled my mails the night before to hit my end users' inboxes early on that fateful Saturday morning. I checked my mail around 11:30 am (around the time the emails were rolling out) and saw that glorious email from SAV.

My own question is how did you schedule the mails?
What software do you use to do your outbound?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Vikkoh(m): 7:52am On Jul 03, 2022
Congratulations to the recent sellers.
July being my birth month, I can feel this positive energy.
Me sef go soon post my own sales report this month.

I dey come.

8 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Cashew: 8:17am On Jul 03, 2022
Thank you for your response, I got to this thread due to some events, unlike many here who are completely new to buying and selling of domains, I have been involved for many years but never really saw the 'business' side of it.

Let me take time to share my experience selling 2 domains.

I started getting interested in this by accident, sometime in 2021 I got a call from a godaddy rep that someone was interested in one of my domains, he said the person made an offer for $2000, jokingly I told him that people had called me for $7000 and I rejected, he said ok he would contact the buyer, never heard back from the guy for like 2 weeks.

He sent me an email if I would let it go for $5000, told him NO , 5 days or so later he emailed that the buyer had agreed to pay the $7000. I asked if i will be getting exact $7k, as I did not want a single deduction. He said yes the buyer would be paying all fees. The wire transfer got to my account 2 days after I clicked "I agree" in the link he sent me.

Fast forward to June 3, 2022 or there about, I checked an email I had not checked in weeks, saw an email from one company called afternic asking me if I was interested selling a 6 letter domain for a lower amount than I listed on godaddy. I listed it with no real intention of selling, just wanted to see what would happen, listed it for $18,000 over a year ago. I replied NO again as I wanted to stick to the $18k.

I kept refreshing that mail nearly every 5 hrs. About 5 days later, they said your domain is sold I logged into my account and saw a totally different amount from the 18k, keep in mind these mails were all coming from the afternic company, went to the site and discovered it was owned by godaddy.

I called when I figured out that these guys deducted $1000+15%, I told them I wanted to change my mind regarding the sale, he said no that I already added a buy it now price on godaddy that as a matter of fact the funds have been initiated on their end to my account.

My search online brought me to this thread which led me to asking many of the questions I am asking. I became more curious after this last sale, as I am now seeing the business side of this.

Now I am interested in getting deep into the business.

I hope you now understand the reason for my "calm questions".

therealMcCain:

I like your soft approach in asking your questions.

Maybe that's why you haven't been getting "start reading from page 1" responses

How far have you gotten in this thread?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Rwshd: 8:18am On Jul 03, 2022
Zigla:
you received $151 from sav? I think sav don't pay such low amount until you have made enough money. I'm surprise they paid you 151 through wire transfer. Congrats bro.

Thank you, bro. Na so we see am o. That was my first ever domain sale, so I was just hoping until the money hit my account.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Rwshd: 8:23am On Jul 03, 2022
Vikkoh:

My own question is how did you schedule the mails?
What software do you use to do your outbound?

Gmail + Streak

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by moneymind: 8:29am On Jul 03, 2022
Cashew:
Thank you for your response, I got to this thread due to some events, unlike many here who are completely new to buying and selling of domains, I have been involved for many years but never really saw the 'business' side of it.

I started getting interested in this by accident, sometime in 2021 I got a call from a godaddy rep that someone was interested in one of my domains, he said the person made an offer for $2000, jokingly I told him that people had called me for $7000 and I rejected, he said ok he would contact the buyer, never heard back from the guy for like 2 weeks.

He sent me an email if I would let it go for $5000, told him NO , 5 days or so later he emailed that the buyer had agreed to pay the $7000. I asked if i will be getting exact $7k, as I did not want a single deduction. He said yes the buyer would be paying all fees. The wire transfer got to my account 2 days after I clicked "I agree" in the link he sent me.

Fast forward to June 3, 2022 or there about, I checked an email I had not checked in weeks, saw an email from one company called afternic asking me if I was interested selling a 6 letter domain for a lower amount than I listed on godaddy. I listed it with no real intention of selling, just wanted to see what would happen, listed it for $18,000 over a year ago. I replied NO again as I wanted to stick to the $18k.

I kept refreshing that mail nearly every 5 hrs. About 5 days later, they said your domain is sold I logged into my account and saw a totally different amount from the 18k, keep in mind these mails were all coming from the afternic company, went to the site and discovered it was owned by godaddy.

I called when I figured out that these guys deducted $1000+15%, I told them I wanted to change my mind regarding the sale, he said no that I already added a buy it now price on godaddy that as a matter of fact the funds have been initiated on their end to my account.

My search online brought me to this thread which led me to asking many of the questions I am asking. I became more curious after this last sale, as I am now seeing the business side of this.

Would be nice if you could share the names you sold.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Learner47: 8:44am On Jul 03, 2022
Cashew:

Congrats on ur sale. For some one that sold a name for 7K and another name for 18K I don't think you need this thread again.

From ur post...u r already a veteran domainer. An expert also in negotiation.

Some of us in this thread like me...are still dreaming to make 2K sale.

I think what u need is to enroll for DNAcademy. Ur skills done done pass this thread. I don't have enough fund to enroll for it yet.

In the spirit of giving back, can u please share the names sold. And from which market place u got them. And what you look at in buying your names. And the names in ur portfolio were they for personal projects. Thank you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Carmal90(m): 8:53am On Jul 03, 2022
$18k??
I hail .

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by FxExpo(m): 8:54am On Jul 03, 2022
Interesting that is making good money with zero knowledge, congrats I also made two sales when I had no knowledge about this domain biz though they wasn't Geo but now it's like the market is becoming tougher
Cashew:

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Learner47: 8:57am On Jul 03, 2022
Carmal90:
$18k??
I hail .

Another Nigerian Tony about to emerge. Finger crossed.

5 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Carmal90(m): 8:58am On Jul 03, 2022
Learner47:

Another Nigerian Tony about to emerge. Finger crossed.

Tell me about the first Tony.
Never heard about him.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Faboosuarez(m): 8:59am On Jul 03, 2022
therealMcCain:

You want to buy to sell or buy to use?

Buy to sell later sir
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Learner47: 9:05am On Jul 03, 2022
Carmal90:

Tell me about the first Tony.
Never heard about him.

This guy. Similar story with Cashew.

My own is make him com drop d sales

1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Rwshd: 9:12am On Jul 03, 2022
Learner47:

Another Nigerian Tony about to emerge.

Hi @Learner47

Do you state your asking price in your initial emails? Would you mind sharing a sample of your sales email, too?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (2886) (2887) (2888) (2889) (2890) (2891) (2892) ... (3314) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.