Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,981 members, 7,952,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:58 AM

Wole Soyinka At SOAS: Oil Has Been A Curse To Nigeria (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka At SOAS: Oil Has Been A Curse To Nigeria (video) (761 Views)

Ambode And Soyinka At Boxing Match Between Tinubu & Holyfield / Nigeria Must Be Prepared For Future Where Oil Has Little Value,osinbajo Warns / Femi Adesina Meets With Wole Soyinka At The State House (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka At SOAS: Oil Has Been A Curse To Nigeria (video) by Naijiant: 10:58pm On Oct 26, 2016
Watch Wole Soyinka speak at the University of London's School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) Centenary Lecture.
http://www.naijiant.com/videos/oil-curse-nigeria-wole-soyinka/
Re: Wole Soyinka At SOAS: Oil Has Been A Curse To Nigeria (video) by slivertongue: 11:36pm On Oct 26, 2016
OIL is a blessing Nigerian leaders are a curse
Re: Wole Soyinka At SOAS: Oil Has Been A Curse To Nigeria (video) by Blue3k(m): 11:37pm On Oct 26, 2016
Oil is an inanimate object. The people of Nigeria fail themselves.
Re: Wole Soyinka At SOAS: Oil Has Been A Curse To Nigeria (video) by ezechueze(m): 12:14am On Oct 27, 2016
We are our own problem
Re: Wole Soyinka At SOAS: Oil Has Been A Curse To Nigeria (video) by Rossikk(m): 12:34am On Oct 27, 2016
Soyinka please just shut up. I've never seen a man that never has any good thing to say about his country. Ever.

As if Nigeria was not a place with 95% illiteracy, zero universities, zero infrastructure, zero industries, and malnutrition, when we were exporting groundnuts, timber, and cocoa, before the ''curse'' was discovered.

Today, Nigeria is Africa's largest economy, with Africa's largest middle class, complete with 200+ universities, 80% literacy rate, and a growing industrial base which includes automobile manufacturing, and the world's third largest movie industry, all courtesy of the ''curse''. Try and see good even when we experience adversity, Mr Soyinka. It doesn't hurt.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka At SOAS: Oil Has Been A Curse To Nigeria (video) by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 27, 2016
Pyrate confraternity is also a curse to Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka At SOAS: Oil Has Been A Curse To Nigeria (video) by olusledge: 1:55am On Oct 27, 2016
Rossikk:
Soyinka please just shut up. I've never seen a man that never has any good thing to say about his country. Ever.

As if Nigeria was not a place with 95% illiteracy, zero universities, zero infrastructure, zero industries, and malnutrition, when we were exporting groundnuts, timber, and cocoa, before the ''curse'' was discovered.

Today, Nigeria is Africa's largest economy, with Africa's largest middle class, complete with 200+ universities, 80% literacy rate, and a growing industrial base which includes automobile manufacturing, and the world's third largest movie industry, all courtesy of the ''curse''. Try and see good even when we experience adversity, Mr Soyinka. It doesn't hurt.

you are an illiterate

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka At SOAS: Oil Has Been A Curse To Nigeria (video) by Rossikk(m): 2:30am On Oct 27, 2016
olusledge:
you are an illiterate

You are a bloviating dunce.

I bet the only reason you object to what I wrote is because he is from your 'tribe'. What else can it be? Far be it from you to engage your brain, to assess the validity or otherwise of my position. In NL, it's all about 'tribe'. ''Our son'', and all that ignorant, primitive nonsense.

Spear chucker.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka At SOAS: Oil Has Been A Curse To Nigeria (video) by oduastates: 3:00am On Oct 27, 2016
Oil is curse to the masses
Oil is a blessing to your looting and criminal "elites"

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka At SOAS: Oil Has Been A Curse To Nigeria (video) by Blue3k(m): 4:49am On Oct 27, 2016
Rossikk:

You are a bloviating dunce.

I bet the only reason you object to what I wrote is because he is from your 'tribe'. What else can it be? Far be it from you to engage your brain, to assess the validity or otherwise of my position. In NL, it's all about 'tribe'. ''Our son'', and all that ignorant, primitive nonsense.

Spear chucker.

Lol you're going to make the man deactivate his account. He has a family have mercy. shocked grin grin
Re: Wole Soyinka At SOAS: Oil Has Been A Curse To Nigeria (video) by Naijiant: 7:46am On Oct 27, 2016
Rossikk:

You need to watch the video and see him praise Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka At SOAS: Oil Has Been A Curse To Nigeria (video) by PigMeat: 8:04am On Oct 27, 2016
Naijiant:

You need to watch the video and see him praise Nigeria.
The soyinka dude is a joke and shouldn't be taken seriously. Soyinka championed buhari and apc's campaign, he is one of the reasons why we are into this mess.
Re: Wole Soyinka At SOAS: Oil Has Been A Curse To Nigeria (video) by Naijiant: 9:55am On Oct 27, 2016
PigMeat:

The soyinka dude is a joke and shouldn't be taken seriously. Soyinka championed buhari and apc's campaign, he is one of the reasons why we are into this mess.
He lost credibility with his support for Buhari, esp after he was one of Buhari's biggest critics in the past. I think he has been embarrassed by how things panned out with the APC admin.
http://www.naijiant.com/articles/wole-soyinkas-woeful-silence/
Re: Wole Soyinka At SOAS: Oil Has Been A Curse To Nigeria (video) by Sweetguy25: 11:46am On Oct 27, 2016
When did Nigeria have a literacy rate of 80 percent?

(1) (Reply)

I Can’t Do Without “garri’’ And Dried Fish – Senator / EFCC Arrests Police Commissioner Over N1.9BN Fraud / “I Am Glad To Host My Brother, Orji Kalu At My Residence" - Gen. Ihejirika Rtd.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.