Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,780 members, 7,824,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) (38672 Views)

Nigerian Army 77rri Recruit Intake Exercise Ongoing At Army Barracks Onitsha / Timber Traders At Bridgehead Onitsha Protest Against Their Leadership / Borehole Drilling And Geophysical Survey @ Ogun ,oyo, Lagos State And Environs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by kidman96(m): 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2016
Hmm
Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by vineakpes: 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2016
that's sad
Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by jaymejate: 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2016
ibkgab001:
Ha this also happened at my place of work ... They locals used bunch of leaves called ewe akoko to chanced the spirit away and it works

Oga, there's no spirit behind it. It's just common sense coupled with education, is the way.
Enough of praising spirits that are extinct

3 Likes

Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by room089: 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2016
Should I say stupidity at its peak?
Or is it hunger in the contry?

How can someone with commonsense agree to convert an existing well with casting to bore hole system of water supply?
Did the drillers not know that sand by walls of the well would surely cave in as soon as they begin to dig/drill deeper?

Yet they would call themselves professionials!

R.I.P Gallant Ones!
Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by Bsc(m): 12:52pm On Oct 27, 2016
Even the house owner is in big trouble... He will have to answer some spiritual and legal questions...

1 Like

Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by seunlly(m): 12:53pm On Oct 27, 2016
Rip.. may your gentle soul rest in perfect peace

So they are gone....
Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by Yyeske(m): 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
unclezuma:
I don't think it is a lack of oxygen...

That's probably methane or Hydrogen sulphide.

Chai ife emeeeeeee!!! angry angry sad sad sad

When your tolerance for risk is higher than normal...#ConfinedSpace

Meanwhile Gravediggers Association of Nigeria Anambra Branch be partying...right about now! grin grin grin grin
Has this one said anything?
Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by cherished4life(m): 1:04pm On Oct 27, 2016
This is a confined space accident, they did not follow confined space entry procedure. When we safety professional tell them to observe this safety procedures they think we don't know what we are saying.

No job is good enough not to be done safely.

May their souls rest in peace and may the living learn from their mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by Kachimsicho: 1:07pm On Oct 27, 2016
uwagimboo:

But what about the guy that received slap abi the evil spirit is gaseous in nature..
When you find him, i'll like to know the truth. May be he doesn't know what slap looks like.
Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by room089: 1:07pm On Oct 27, 2016
What is that guy sittingon the white bucket with hood over his head feeling like?

A don or James Bond (the actor wey no dey die)
Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by chacoonder(m): 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2016
unclezuma:

Meanwhile Gravediggers Association of Nigeria Anambra Branch be partying...right about now! grin grin grin grin
LMAO grin grin
Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by ibkgab001: 1:14pm On Oct 27, 2016
There are laws

If you brake them

You are on your own

#spiritisreal

1 Like

Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by fm4real2k6(m): 1:19pm On Oct 27, 2016
This is where I like Hausa people.

1 Like

Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by thunderbabs: 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2016
[quote author=haryomikun post=50550025]Two local borehole drillers engaged to carry out the job unfortunately died due to lack of oxygen.

One of the worst types of death. In the last moments the kind of thoughts that will be going through their heads... Thinking of their families, thinking of how they are just gonna leave life without achieving things... embarassed embarassed

See this one....u say think....

In dire cases like that,you dint think of what you have or have not achieved in life. Only thought is fighting fir ur life....u 4get if buhari's reign has been hard on u or not....U think death is easy undecided
Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by rusher14: 1:45pm On Oct 27, 2016
Not a borehole.

A shaft or perhaps local well.

In this day and age we shouldn't be using such archaic methods.

God bless the dead.

2 Likes

Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by ring7(m): 1:47pm On Oct 27, 2016
uwagimboo:
HMMM.. lack of oxygen i dont think so..
Toxic atmosphere Yes, because what it does first to to kill ur sense of judgement so that leaving the area would be a No-No....

But what about the guy that received slap abi the evil spirit is gaseous in nature..
It Toxi Atmosphere becus such happened to my neogbour,he was stocked in the well,he didn't want to come out,until people came and rescued him.
Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by BuariCopyPaste: 1:52pm On Oct 27, 2016
comshots:
If Na aboki dem contract to do the job dem for no die.My condolence to the families.

Imbe...... a northerner was the last casualty
Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by Baroba(m): 2:00pm On Oct 27, 2016
Doesn't look like a borehole to me, more like a crude well been dug with medieval tools.. May their souls RIP.. About time we start giving such jobs to those with good knowledge of Geology and drilling.. Everything no be hustle, life is precious my people..

3 Likes

Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by kilokeys(m): 2:09pm On Oct 27, 2016
hydrogen sulphide...

confined spaces are dangerous and precautionary measures should be taken..

its unacceptable that a man will leave for work and not return home.

1 Like

Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by Greatzeus(m): 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2016
As we go out looking for what we will eat,may we not meet what will eat us.

4 Likes

Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by Kaybaba5(m): 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
Rip to the dead and we beg God to give their families heart to bear the loss

1 Like

Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 27, 2016
Bsc:
Very painful exit of 3 young men who left home in chess for green pasture.
Reminds me of my late neigbour Abuchi, similar story... low oxygen in the tank he had gone to wash in Alba filling station in aba , got trap with his friend.. a welder who foolishly wanted to cut the tank with a filling machine in a bid to save them caused explosion, which killed them... Rip to the dead.
what?! Filling machine and petrol? Is a No No! shocked it's like striking a match inside a room soaked with petrol, Were do these people get their ideas from? With no experience!
Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 27, 2016
lukzee948:
only God will save us, the owner is the building should be investigate properly.
I can smell something.
Rest in peace to the faithful one among.
yea? What can you smell? Their ass? Did the owner use them for grin voodoo or money ritual? Nigerians and their diabolic mentality grin
Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by mecussey(m): 3:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
Greatzeus:
As we go out looking for what we will eat,may we not meet what will eat us.

but thats exactly what happens in the eco system....watch natgeo.
Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by Greatzeus(m): 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2016
mecussey:

but thats exactly what happens in the eco system....watch natgeo.
So I take it that you are expecting to be eating by someone or something today grin
Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by saintfrank(m): 3:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
R.I.P so much for the cost of living......Lord plz for d sake of the union we have with Christ Jesus...Let your mercy speak in our life daily embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by ImoRiver: 4:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
The price citizens pay as a result of failed water distribution system. The Governor has been busy commissioning streetlights and supermarkets.
Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by Call07034780891: 4:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
While your useless fat ugly governor Okorocha has been busy junketing from place to place while his useless and worthless Imo state rots away with no road nor water.. cool

[s]
ImoRiver:
The price citizens pay as a result of failed water distribution system. The Governor has been busy commissioning streetlights and supermarkets.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos) by july66: 4:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
aminulive:
See earlier thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/3429594/3-die-mysterious-well-anambra

A borehole accident which occurred on 24th October, 2016 at Onitsha, Anambra State, has claimed the life of 3 people.

Two local borehole drillers engaged to carry out the job unfortunately died due to lack of oxygen. The third person, an unprofessional rescuer also lost his life trying to evacuate them. However the person that finally evacuated the dead bodies from the borehole succeeded because oxygen was repeatedly injected into the borehole.

Officials of the National Emergency management agency helped to evacuate the bodies. May their souls rest in perfect peace.

http://politicsngr.com/photos-borehole-accident-kills-3-onitsha/

This na well, no be borehole. As you mention borehole, I dey expect to see something else.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Female Officers Winged By Nigerian Air Force After Qualifying As Pilots.PICS / Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status / Ada Priscilla Nzimiro, First Female Doctor In Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.