Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost (7284 Views)

I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again / This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... / My Nokia 5 Unboxing:Would You Choose A Tecno Or Infinix Device Over This? (text) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by towncheerup(m): 6:50am On Oct 30, 2016
[color=#000099][/color] s7 specs are better than tecno phantom 6 miles ahead

S7 has AMOLED screen and 2k resolution
Tecno has LCD screen with 1080

S7 camera is one the the best in the world

S7 processor is faster than mediatek x20
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by wman(m): 7:01am On Oct 30, 2016
This thread was going on fine till the unnecessary comparison with Samsung came up.
Why can't you guys enjoy your phones without mentioning Samsung?
They don't mention HTC, SONY, LG etc.
It's always Samsung
They love masturbating to that name.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by chicwoman(f): 12:08am On Oct 31, 2016
beejay247:
You are right.. I can't imagine myself using a Tecno phone.. Lol....

When I hear Tecno, I dey always remember those their substandard phones..

I think they should have a sub brand

They are actually improving anyways but I think the Phantom 6 and 6 plus are overpriced compared to others...
Tecno actually has taught me a lesson that you can improve a brand by bringing top-of-the-range products to improve consumer's perception of the brand. Tecno actually did that by bring out great phones. I'm a tecno user myself and I can tell you that they have strongly improved. So to stick to an old perception instead of making judgement on new facts shows a lack of growth which I suggest you work on.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by kolabad: 6:57am On Oct 31, 2016
Mehn many people on this thread don't understand what op was trying to say in his original post....
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by FrozeBABE: 7:13am On Oct 31, 2016
funmyade:

Infact, it beats me when I see this kind of criticism on the brand. Ofcourse there should be constructive criticism but saying it is overpriced is so unfair. Assuming it so is, then it couldn't have broken a pre order record which it did.
Well pple criticise good and bad so am not surprised
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by FrozeBABE: 7:14am On Oct 31, 2016
wman:
This thread was going on fine till the unnecessary comparison with Samsung came up.
Why can't you guys enjoy your phones without mentioning Samsung?
They don't mention HTC, SONY, LG etc.
It's always Samsung
They love masturbating to that name.
HahahH.. .like OH SAMSUNG!! !
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by beejay247: 1:11pm On Nov 01, 2016
chicwoman:

Tecno actually has taught me a lesson that you can improve a brand by bringing top-of-the-range products to improve consumer's perception of the brand. Tecno actually did that by bring out great phones. I'm a tecno user myself and I can tell you that they have strongly improved. So to stick to an old perception instead of making judgement on new facts shows a lack of growth which I suggest you work on.

Your comment shows you actually lack what you accusing me of... It shows you don't even understand the Topic. My comment contains different messages and at a point I was only being sarcastic.

I'm also entitled to my opinion like you are, for no reason you should try to insult me.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by chicwoman(f): 11:20am On Nov 02, 2016
beejay247:

Your comment shows you actually lack what you accusing me of... It shows you don't even understand the Topic. My comment contains different messages and at a point I was only being sarcastic.

I'm also entitled to my opinion like you are, for no reason you should try to insult me.
My intention was not to insult you. I apologise if it came off that way. I just wanted to make a point about changing perceptions to a brand based on new facts and information. I meant no insult smiley

Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by scarycuteface(m): 8:19am On Nov 13, 2016
chicwoman:

You are right. People are stuck with that old perception , I think they should try out the new phones from Tecno, so they'll be better informed.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by lanre316: 9:01am On Nov 13, 2016
Tecno should have created a new brand and market such as high end brand making top-notch devices and continue making affordable devices under tecno brand. That's the same strategy Toyota used. People (and by people I don't mean only Nigerians) see Toyota as cheap and affordable brand and may be unable to pay for their luxury models they same way they would pay for brands like Mercedes or Porsche. What did Toyota do? They created Lexus brand, offering top-notch and luxury option superior to Toyota brand. Many people do not even know that Toyota owns Lexus and that's the plan. The same way some people may never be able to shake idea of tecno being a "chinko" from their mind, even if phantom 6 plus can compete head to head with iPhone or Samsung. People who would easily shell out 200k for iPhone may find it difficult to pay 100k for the same tecno phone with EXACTLY THE SAME specs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by Freelancerx: 3:19pm On Nov 13, 2016
scarycuteface:
You are right. People are stuck with that old perception , I think they should try out the new phones from Tecno, so they'll be better informed.
That's just it. Its like haying on Volkswagen because the made the beetle and not appreciating their high end products. Tecno is exceeding expectations
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by Behankey(m): 3:31pm On Nov 13, 2016
Freelancerx:
I think these phones are good values for their prices. And besides , the exchange rate is a constraint. On a normal day, without poor economy, I think it shouldn't go for the current price. Well, people are using it and they're loving what their Tecno phones are giving them
Yeah, current market value ain't helping but that doesn't remove the fact that these phones are superb. And the cost ain't high.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by PhonePlanet(m): 5:49pm On Nov 13, 2016
lanre316:
Tecno should have created a new brand and market such as high end brand making top-notch devices and continue making affordable devices under tecno brand. That's the same strategy Toyota used. People (and by people I don't mean only Nigerians) see Toyota as cheap and affordable brand and may be unable to pay for their luxury models they same way they would pay for brands like Mercedes or Porsche. What did Toyota do? They created Lexus brand, offering top-notch and luxury option superior to Toyota brand. Many people do not even know that Toyota owns Lexus and that's the plan. The same way some people may never be able to shake idea of tecno being a "chinko" from their mind, even if phantom 6 plus can compete head to head with iPhone or Samsung. People who would easily shell out 200k for iPhone may find it difficult to pay 100k for the same tecno phone with EXACTLY THE SAME specs.

exacly my point for creating this topic
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by Abdstrakt(m): 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2016
Brand perception seems to be the key phrase here.
I honestly don't see what the big deal is really.
I'm an ideal world "real value" should influence purchases not "perceived value" being attached to the supposedly bigger brands.
I've used a couple Tecno phones in the past did I get value for money? Absolutely.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by jayjayp: 7:18pm On Nov 13, 2016
beejay247:
You are right.. I can't imagine myself using a Tecno phone.. Lol....

When I hear Tecno, I dey always remember those their substandard phones..

I think they should have a sub brand

They are actually improving anyways but I think the Phantom 6 and 6 plus are overpriced compared to others...
Infinix, tecno and itel are owned by one person
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by omoalajah(m): 10:35pm On Nov 13, 2016
Its not hard at all. Depends on the individual perception tho
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by datyorubaboy: 10:49pm On Nov 13, 2016
This is 2016. Buying a Tecno device is not a hard buy
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by missslimzy(f): 10:55pm On Nov 13, 2016
Never too hard. I have used so many tecno devices
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by Behankey(m): 4:10pm On Nov 19, 2016
Abdstrakt:
Brand perception seems to be the key phrase here.
I honestly don't see what the big deal is really.
I'm an ideal world "real value" should influence purchases not "perceived value" being attached to the supposedly bigger brands.
I've used a couple Tecno phones in the past did I get value for money? Absolutely.
Simple. I think Tecno is all about affordability and at the same time bringing quality phones to the market. Something they've done well over the years.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by Elxandre(m): 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
Well Tecno has no updates.

Updates make your phone feel brand new!
You can only relate if you've ever used a phone that you got bored of already, only to get a major OS upgrade.

That's a good reason many won't buy Tecno.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by shiftback: 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
Behankey:
Simple. I think Tecno is all about affordability and at the same time bringing quality phones to the market. Something they've done well over the years.
This here is Tecno's strategy in a nutshell, and you can't fault them for bringing affordable phones to the market.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by Behankey(m): 5:05pm On Nov 20, 2016
shiftback:

This here is Tecno's strategy in a nutshell, and you can't fault them for bringing affordable phones to the market.
Simple. It's knowing what the people want and giving it to them as it should be. You gotta credit Tecno for flowing with this tide.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by Abdstrakt(m): 11:07am On Nov 21, 2016
Elxandre:
Well Tecno has no updates.

Updates make your phone feel brand new!
You can only relate if you've ever used a phone that you got bored of already, only to get a major OS upgrade.

That's a good reason many won't buy Tecno.

Lol... Tecno is one of the highest selling phones in Nigeria.
go to computer village and ask.

And yes, Tecno got updates.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by Elxandre(m): 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2016
Abdstrakt:

Lol... Tecno is one of the highest selling phones in Nigeria. go to computer village and ask.
And yes, Tecno got updates.
tecno has no os upgrade.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by Behankey(m): 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2016
shiftback:

Fault them? Never, You just gotta laud them. It's commendable because they understand the market and the people.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 24, 2016
Hehehe!! Pre order broke record. People are still buying and you think it's overpriced? I don't think so
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by wman(m): 8:25am On Nov 24, 2016
funmyade:
Hehehe!! Pre order broke record. People are still buying and you think it's overpriced? I don't think so

Another Tecno ambassador. All her posts are Tecno related.

Show us proof or get out.

1 Like

Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by ayeeshaapink: 9:11pm On Nov 24, 2016
You just proving my point!
Thanks for clarifying; hope i dint push you to accept the fact? wink wink

PhonePlanet:

I would just say "misunderstanding"

Cos I never said I hate tecno
I never said tecno was overpriced
I never said tecno phones were poor
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 24, 2016
wman:

Call me TECNO ambassador or not. I don't do biased judgment sir. I put my money where my mouth is.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 24, 2016
Elxandre:

tecno has no os upgrade.

They have started rolling out already
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 25, 2016
wman:

You people sha. Why is it that everyone that show love for the brand is supposed "Tecno ambassador?" Even oil companies or Telcos cant afford to make everyone their ambassador.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Solo Aspire 3 Specifications , Price & Review / This Phone Has 6GB Ram, 6000mah, 256GB Storage Space With Android 7.0 / Google Chrome To Block Redirect Links And Popups In New Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.