Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,922 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

Army Places Order To Buy 50,000 Made-in-aba Boots For Nigerian Military(photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Places Order To Buy 50,000 Made-in-aba Boots For Nigerian Military(photos) (1558 Views)

Nigerian Army Places Ban On Activities Being Posted On The Social Media / The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon / Army Orders For Made In Aba Boots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Places Order To Buy 50,000 Made-in-aba Boots For Nigerian Military(photos) by jonhemma11: 11:38am On Oct 27, 2016
According to journalist Sam Hart,Nigerian army has made order for the purchase of 50,000 boots for Nigerian army.He wrote......

'Since the advent of the Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu administration, there has been a concerted effort to shine the spotlight on Aba and improve the profile of the city.

The argument for this is simple. If you get Aba right, the revenue from Aba can power the rest of the state.

It started with a single-minded determination to solve the infrastructure problem of the city and included deliberate actions and policies meant to boost the image of Aba.

Governor Ikpeazu has been the number 1 Made In Aba Ambassador. Wearing clothes with 'Proudly Aba' etched on the sleeves locally and internationally and displaying Aba products to all visitors to his office and the Executive Council Chambers at Government House.

The Abia State Marketing and Quality Standards Agency was also created to ensure quality. Agreements were signed with Bank of Industry for a N1B support for the MSME sector in Abia State.

An Abia MSME Centre was inaugurated headed by a SpecIal Adviser to the Governor who is an accomplished entrepreneur to support MSMEs in Abia State.

Mention must also be made of Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe who has organized regular Made In Aba Trade Fairs. The Senate President, Bukola Saraki attended one and ordered Made In Aba clothes which he has been wearing periodically.

Today, all these efforts are paying off as Aba Shoe Producers now have an order to produce 50,000 boots for the Nigerian military. Efforts are in top gear to replicate these orders for the Nigerian Customs, Immigration, Road Safety, Civil Defence, NYSC, etc.

Abians resident in the Diaspora have equally ordered 1,000 school shoes for free distribution this Christmas.

We have orders from clothing label owners in Lagos and Abuja to have Aba tailors produce their designs.

A website www.MadeInAba.com.ng has been opened to display Aba products for the world to see and place orders from wherever they are.

I am proud to be working with a team at Project Made In Aba to bring these dreams to reality.

We are providing Random Inspection and Quality Enforcement Services to ensure that they deliver these orders according to agreed specifications.

Project Made In Aba is not about money. It is about finding new markets for Emeka, Okechukwu, Ngozi, Ezinne, Kelechi, etc to be able to scale their operations, employ additional people and ultimately have a better life.

That's what we are here for. God willing, we'll get there.

Regards'.

cc; Lalasticlala,mynd44

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/10/nigerian-army-places-order-for-50000.html?m=1

Re: Army Places Order To Buy 50,000 Made-in-aba Boots For Nigerian Military(photos) by jonhemma11: 11:39am On Oct 27, 2016

Re: Army Places Order To Buy 50,000 Made-in-aba Boots For Nigerian Military(photos) by nicerichard05: 11:40am On Oct 27, 2016
Aba is the China of nigeria.

I kinda respect igbo though just that their greed and love for money is on the high side.

Meanwhile Wherever 2 or 3 girls are gathered there is a CUCUMBER in their midst grin

2 Likes

Re: Army Places Order To Buy 50,000 Made-in-aba Boots For Nigerian Military(photos) by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 27, 2016
I am well impressed
Re: Army Places Order To Buy 50,000 Made-in-aba Boots For Nigerian Military(photos) by softmind24: 11:45am On Oct 27, 2016
cool
Re: Army Places Order To Buy 50,000 Made-in-aba Boots For Nigerian Military(photos) by freeze001(f): 11:50am On Oct 27, 2016
nicerichard05:
Aba is the China of nigeria.

I kinda respect igbo though just that their greed and love for money is on the high side.

Meanwhile Wherever 2 or 3 girls are gathered there is a CUCUMBER in their midst grin

Please explain this greed and love for money...Does an Igbo man like or desire wealth more than the next person?

3 Likes

Re: Army Places Order To Buy 50,000 Made-in-aba Boots For Nigerian Military(photos) by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 27, 2016
It's a good idea. . . at least, I've not heard of any sound military ordering for boots from abroad. My only concern is the need for the Aba manufacturers to pay attention to the design and comfortability of these shoes, they should make sure there's enough cushioning in it for the sake of the poor recruits who will wear it for long duration during battles. . . it must also be lightweight, cos nobody wants to carry a 5kg boot on his legs during a fight. . . I say all these things because I have worn some uncomfortable shoes in my lifetime. . . It got to a stage, I started ordering from USA cos I couldn't cope with the foot-damaging shoes in our market. . .

All the same, I'm proud of the Aba guys. . .
Re: Army Places Order To Buy 50,000 Made-in-aba Boots For Nigerian Military(photos) by Mynd44: 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2016
Re: Army Places Order To Buy 50,000 Made-in-aba Boots For Nigerian Military(photos) by nicerichard05: 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
freeze001:

Please explain this greed and love for money...Does an Igbo man like or desire wealth more than the next person?

Bros they are greedy, they can do any thing for money
Re: Army Places Order To Buy 50,000 Made-in-aba Boots For Nigerian Military(photos) by Opharhe: 12:04pm On Oct 27, 2016
freeze001:

Abeg ask am.
As for me, greed is not good. But the desire for wealth is a very good thing. That's why developed nations are called developed... Desire and work for the purpose of wealth creation.
Re: Army Places Order To Buy 50,000 Made-in-aba Boots For Nigerian Military(photos) by passyhansome(m): 12:09pm On Oct 27, 2016
aм proυd тo вe one

Re: Army Places Order To Buy 50,000 Made-in-aba Boots For Nigerian Military(photos) by freeze001(f): 1:59pm On Oct 27, 2016
nicerichard05:

Bros they are greedy, they can do any thing for money

Name the things they can do then let's compare notes n see whether there's one 'bad' thing d Igbos do for money that is peculiar to them and no other tribe has engaged in it.
Re: Army Places Order To Buy 50,000 Made-in-aba Boots For Nigerian Military(photos) by stamcy(m): 2:09pm On Oct 27, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Please Who Again Noticed That Since When Buhari Traveled, Prices Reduce? / South South Supports One Nigeria / 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geo-political Regions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.