Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,534 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Akwa Ibom Gov Reveals God Asked Him To Sack Commissioners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Gov Reveals God Asked Him To Sack Commissioners (639 Views)

Governor Ikpeazu Sacks SSG, Commissioners And Over 200 Aides / See Photos Of Sen Akpabio Consoling Akwa Ibom Gov Over Church Building Collapse / Ambode Sacks Commissioners For Finance, Transport, Tourism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Gov Reveals God Asked Him To Sack Commissioners by divinehand2003(m): 1:55pm On Oct 27, 2016
– Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom state says the the holy spirit led him to sack the State Executive Council (SEC)

– The governor also said he was looking up to God to help him constitute the next executive council

– Akwa Ibom state governor last week sacked all the commissioners in the state with immediate effect

Governor Emmanuel Udom

Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom state, has claimed the holy spirit of God led him to sack the State Executive Council (SEC).

The governor further claimed that he was looking up to God to help him constitute the next executive council, adding that all indigenes stand a chance of making the next cabinet.

Emmanuel, who was speaking at a programme in Reigners Bible Church International, Uyo, pointed out that he did not know who would be selected as members of the next executive council of the state, Daily Post reports.

READ ALSO: Ambode sacks three commissioners

He said: “As I speak, I do not know who will make the list of the next cabinet, and I don’t even know when I will constitute the cabinet. There is no point rushing to make predictions and draw conclusions because I have left everything in the hands of God, to direct the selection and choose those He knows will be sincere and committed to the Akwa Ibom course.”

Akwa Ibom state governor in a statement issued last week by the secretary to the state government, Etekamba Umoren, sacked all the commissioners in the state with immediate effect with no reason.

The commissioners were directed to hand over to the permanent secretaries in their ministries.

Most of the sacked commissioners were inherited from the government of former Governor, Godswill Akpabio.

https://www.naij.com/1024875-god-directed-sack-commissioners-governor.html

Re: Akwa Ibom Gov Reveals God Asked Him To Sack Commissioners by agwom(m): 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Akwa Ibom Gov Reveals God Asked Him To Sack Commissioners by philGeo(m): 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2016
Why always Nigeria?
Re: Akwa Ibom Gov Reveals God Asked Him To Sack Commissioners by muykem: 2:53pm On Oct 27, 2016
God told him. Just imaging. God is now talking with fraudsters, armed robbers e.t.c.
Re: Akwa Ibom Gov Reveals God Asked Him To Sack Commissioners by adebolaojesanmi(m): 5:07pm On Oct 27, 2016
Him dey craze??nothing wey person no go hear sef...

(1) (Reply)

5 Things To Know About Buhari's Daughter Fatima / Sultan Of Sokoto Reveals Who Is Responsible For Economic Recession / Rivers State Police Bans Use Of Spy Plate Number And Revolving Lights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.