Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,514 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) (41270 Views)

Waec 2019. Massive Failure Reported. / Anambra Secondary Students Wear Native Cloths To School On Wednesdays / 200 Level Students Of Unilag Lament Massive Failure In Chemistry Dpt.(see RESULT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by Dinocarex(m): 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
The Govt. Is the architect of whatever that is happing to her. The Govt. reduced the standard of education just to score cheap political score.

I have always argued 'Should Free Education be free? Noticed how I used the word Free twice. Even though, the govt is providing free education there should be standard. A price that should be paid for the student to enjoy that free education.

Before 1999, Education wasn't free in Oyo State. I can bodly say a student from Public school can stand toe to toe with a student attending Private school then. Education was made free and the standard lowered drastically. I will give due kudos to Lt. Gov Lam Adesina (1999-2003) and Sen. Ladoja (2003-2007). They kept the standard by giving out text books, exercise book and a policy of 30 students per class.. It was something to be proud of then.

Forward to Akala and Ajimobi's tenure.. Students are no longer 30 in classes, Teachers couldn't correct the students again, and teachers ain't paid... You expect a non paid teacher to enter a class of about 70 students and be screaming his/her lungs out??

You fell the standard of education in Oyo State, the students felt comfortable.
Good luck!!

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by DabuIIIT: 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
This is sophisticatedly absurd.
Meanwhile,resident afonjas are less concerned above this brown roof educational magana,they are extremely busy elsewhere,looking for rats and cockroaches in igbo and ipob threads..enugu and anambra affairs are far more important to afonja than anything else..
Well op,the gov,govt and education ministry of the zoo's brown roof capital should wake up to their responsibilities,thank you.

Btw,is apc a curse to the nation?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by buffalowings: 9:27pm On Oct 27, 2016
Awon alai leko gbogbo

Read read dem no dey read
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by twinskenny(m): 9:28pm On Oct 27, 2016
den no read but den wan pass
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by ajepako(f): 9:28pm On Oct 27, 2016
veekid:
They are all going to pay for damages; whether they like it or not

Pay for damages?

When 90% of those miscreants are already in Oshodi..ldunmota...Yaba...Abeokuta..Mowe...Oshogbo...Molete or ljebu-Ode to collect 'owo ita' .." owo boys" " owo olopa" or " owo ile"?

While the girls are already shacking with one Broda lsiaka..Broda Sule..Broda Hakeem ..or Broda kabiru..

l doubt it..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by seamus387(m): 9:31pm On Oct 27, 2016
So wht did we expected, Oyo state Government did nt pay d teachers salary and dey went on strike for months. The students failed becos there we're no proper teaching and studies after d strike and they sat 4 an exams jst like dat. How did we expected them to pass. Although dis does nt justify there action anyway. This is Gov. Ajimobi fault. Ajimobi is confuse.. He wanted 2 privatised oyo state secondary sch, He is nt paying teachers there due salaries, He led LAUTECH to strike at presently, He sacked teachers etc. D man is nt investing on education at all.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2016
Lol... No shaking

olumaxi:
u just make me lmao....lov u...no homo
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by seunlly(m): 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2016
Politicians tout of future just learning what they will later do in future
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by Gkennyz94: 9:46pm On Oct 27, 2016
[color=#000099][/color][i][/i]
Tnz don't change in dis country.... can't believe dis..this so called student use charm on someone yesterday... with (Anawo) and d person don die now..

I dey fear oooooo

1 Share

Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by rhektor(m): 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2016
unclezuma:
I remember wishing someone could set the school on fire so I'd not have to go for Yoruba classes... grin grin grin grin grin
Oh well now I just wish someone would set the office on fire grin grin grin grin

So that you can become another miscreant?
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by 9jatatafo(m): 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2016
Operation wet e
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2016
author=rhektor post=50563405]

RECEIVE SENSE MY DEAR...TRUST ME, YOU NEED IT.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by DocHMD: 10:09pm On Oct 27, 2016
dhardline:
Now that you have burnt your school you can now go and stand at the bus stops across town shouting 'owoda'. Don't blame the government tomorrow though when you realize that you just wasted your life.

lmao!
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by sayatyadebayor(m): 10:10pm On Oct 27, 2016
hmm oranmiyan again i think they have their thugs before now but sha ageku ejo oro ni, there some secondary schools in oyo town i fair them like duber,oba adeyemi isale oyo cum. hgh school,opapa anglica but i thank God am product of OHJONGBODU GRAMMAR SCHOOL .
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by needhelp20: 10:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
veekid:
yeye dey smell
Who will pay
The fools that did this are not the responsible ones among them
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by Adeyemi0(m): 10:29pm On Oct 27, 2016
This is serious.. My Anglican/Methodist !!! Things has really change in education sector of Oyo stata, especially since the tenure of Akala... Who care for private school then, when standardized learning atmosphere can equally be attain in Anglican and Olivet. It is my school but my children can not go there anymore..
The recent violent outbreak can be instigated by the parents.. Irresponsible parenting is the order of the in oyo town.
May God help us.
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by Ninilowo(m): 10:30pm On Oct 27, 2016
I trust ma allma mata, St Bernardines Grammar School, they won't do such a thing
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by siralabai(m): 10:44pm On Oct 27, 2016
You can blame them all you want but consider these facts:
1. Oyo State Government is the one in charge of setting the questions for the examinations and its a general examination across board in every school in the State.

2. The students sat for the exams after preparing accordingly but discovered that there was mass failure due to the fact that most of the questions they encountered were strange to them, this is a pointer to the fact that the teachers didn't complete the curriculum for that term as a result of the strike.

3. The students bore the brunt of the matter as the state government believed that every teacher in the state should have completed the curriculum and the questions were set based on the complete curriculum but the students who were not taught invariably failed massively and this angered them.

As much as I don't condone vandalism and destruction of public property by the students, I think the bulk of the blame should go to the teachers. The law enforcement agencies should fish out those who committed criminal offenses such as the reported rape and prosecute accordingly. This piece of opinion does not deny that there are some lazy and unmotivated students who just don't want to study.
I rest my case.
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by onionsoup(f): 10:47pm On Oct 27, 2016
adejaresalami1:
Yepa....dis one is serious ooo
shocked sad........Where exactly are we going to in this country bayi.....hian

Com, you be Igbo abi yoloba??
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by onionsoup(f): 10:49pm On Oct 27, 2016
veekid:

Na hia dem go know say kaki e no be leather
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by onionsoup(f): 10:53pm On Oct 27, 2016
freeman95:
haha perfect

wish i had the liver to do this when i was in secondary school... lol

i hate school!!!!

Put up your picture make I predict your age oya. grin
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by Emassive(m): 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2016
The rate at which those state gov school teachers in Oyo demand money for one thing or another is alarming now. I will soon expose and record my discussion with them. I plan to stop that nonsense by exposing them if they refuse to stop harrasing my kid Sister at school.
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by oake(m): 11:08pm On Oct 27, 2016
At this age and stage of their lives, they are already becoming arsonist, rapists, thieves, murderers, cultists and disobedient to lawful authority, the law enforcement agents should do a thorough work and ensuring that the culprits do not go scot-free. Parents should be more concerned. We must ensure that order is restored and these kids kept in check. The government also need to be proactive. From the story, there was mass grouping of students, combining other "forces". Yet they could not put a check on the activities of these children.
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by NkayTiana(f): 11:10pm On Oct 27, 2016
All the young boys have joined gang....

Now which school una go attend now cos government no go reason repairs
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by freeman95(m): 11:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
onionsoup:

Put up your picture make I predict your age oya. grin
lol..... i will if u put yours up too..... grin
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by pariot: 11:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
hmmmm, am not surprise about this particular school they are talking because that was where I observed my teaching practice (TP) during my undergraduate days in 2014. Most of the students in the school are commercial drivers that plight Sabo to Oja to Ilora so 80% of them are rascals.
I will appreciate if the government can take a drastic step on this and use those involve to serve as scapegoat for other schools such as Ansarudeen grammar school (Opapa)
And for those that raped a female corp member in Oranyan grammar school. It shall never be well with them and they will never rise up to that corp member that was rape and All in female that shall come out of them shall be rape as well. Am not happy with this at all because I am also a corp member presently serving in another man's land very far from home and I know what it take to live in a new land and environment especially when you don't understand their language. I pray and wish NYSC will take a cogent action on that school and that local government at large IF the story is the real.
God bless NYSC.
God help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by qozyme24(m): 12:00am On Oct 28, 2016
Setting the school on fire won't change their result,it will rather make them stay longer at home.I fear for the future of this nation.Oooooh LORD BaMIdarijiwwonn
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by snapshot: 12:08am On Oct 28, 2016
I see the national assembly looking into this matter,useless leaders,great Nigerian students.
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by markfoefish(m): 12:42am On Oct 28, 2016
Well i see no school like buiding or could pic be for reading pleasure?naija and schools sef!
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by Biospnx(m): 1:41am On Oct 28, 2016
freeman95:
haha perfect

wish i had the liver to do this when i was in secondary school... lol

i hate school!!!!
u for fit no write like dis...
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by omojedudu(f): 2:01am On Oct 28, 2016
Chai see Pana Pana uniform shocked shocked grin grin shocked
Re: Oyo Students Set School On Fire Over Massive Failure (Pics) by alsudaes1(m): 3:23am On Oct 28, 2016
TDIsaac:
Gov Ajimobi has a lot to contend with. His government keeps losing popularity by the day.

That man is something else, , ,

Just imagine, I watched him on Channels TV sometimes ago when he visited a school and he was lamenting that:
"the students cannot count okan, eji, eta but they can count 1, 2, 3"

I felt so sad that day. . . undecided undecided undecided

Who okan eji eta EPP in this modern age

His primary concern should be how to equip and furnish the schools, as well as pay the teachers handsomely and promptly.

seamus387:
So wht did we expected, Oyo state Government did nt pay d teachers salary and dey went on strike for months. The students failed becos there we're no proper teaching and studies after d strike and they sat 4 an exams jst like dat. How did we expected them to pass. Although dis does nt justify there action anyway. This is Gov. Ajimobi fault. Ajimobi is confuse.. He wanted 2 privatised oyo state secondary sch, He is nt paying teachers there due salaries, He led LAUTECH to strike at presently, He sacked teachers etc. D man is nt investing on education at all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ebsu Student Who Did MMM With Fees Cries As Payment Ends On Friday(photo) / Police Parades ABSU 500-L Student Emmanuel Victor Who Killed Rival Cult Member / National Open University of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.