Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,522 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

My Tecno Phantom 6 Review - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Tecno Phantom 6 Review (31162 Views)

Infinix Hot 6 Review – Full Phone Specifications And Price In Nigeria / Nokia 6 Review / My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
This write up reminds me my days in school.. gringrin cool
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by KFantastic: 11:18pm On Dec 06, 2016
If its not samsung s7 , its not a phone
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by PhonePlanet(m): 12:57am On Dec 07, 2016
greenhulk:

Oga leave nairaland if u can't stand people quoting u. Nobody said Tecno is not an excellent brand, I have commended the Phantom 6 and 6 plus in other threads, but for the Phantom 6 not to have a fingerprint scanner is a fail.. stop attaching too much sentiment to phones, they are just gadegts, use for while, dump and move to the next one.
infact that was the exact reason i dont like the phantom 6. and they now gave it dual camera i dont need and its 6 cores proccessor.

the bigger one (the plus) that has finger print scanner and 10 cores. is too big, ugly, and has lcd screen (while phantom 6 has AMOLED)

the both versions of the phone is not complete. so i can not buy the phone. and zero 4 is way too ugly.
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by toocoded: 1:31am On Dec 07, 2016
Page07:
Ayaaaaahh..
So 30 minutes charge lasted you for 5 days on 2700 mah battery
All right
Continue....
Lolzzzz....there is God
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by TheSociopath(m): 2:19am On Dec 07, 2016
Ehimzy:

Funny enough... Mali doesn't even belong to mediatek.. it's from ARM.. If Mali is improving as you say.. why is samsung making plans to have nvidia/AMD gpu's on their upcoming chipsets But... oh well.. at least Mali is better than Power VR... that one is the worst

Abeg Mali is for budget phones for people like us. Look at the flagship Samsung phones now, an average Nigerian can no longer afford one without sweating blood!
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by Edum13656: 3:17am On Dec 07, 2016
for me its either Apple fone or Samsung...
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by Ehimzy(m): 4:14am On Dec 07, 2016
R0ckefeller:
Bro it Mali-T880 MP4 not adreno
What did I say Please read my statement properly
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by Ehimzy(m): 4:24am On Dec 07, 2016
excanny:

MTK currently has the best processor(helio x30) in the world as we speak. thats why brands like TECNO who dying for more global recognition are sticking to it because its a much easier path to success, riding on the back of a young and highly innovative chipset manufacturer .

samsung can afford to do whatever they like , as they did in the past using their own failed chipset aka exynos since theyve been aroundmore longer and are known much than the others.

it just pisses me of when people assume that since its SAMSUNG whatever they do is right.
Oga that is a BIG LIE! Have you seen the details of the snapdragon 835? Wait sef have you seen the exynos 8895 or even the kirin 960 from Huawei Which innovation?? I'd rather have a power quadcore processor with a fantastic gpu from snapdragon than mtk's 10 core bullshit... please read or watch reviews of the mtk helio x20... it's direct competitor in snapdragon is the 652... a mid range processor... it gets a little above 84000 on antutu.. same as SD 652, SD 820 gets above 120,000... guy you sef reason am naw... MTK help's companies like tecno stay in the business of manufacturing smartphones... they want to become a world leading brand They should stop using mtk on all their phones... especially the flagships.... it's an insult when tecno flagship phantom 6+ is equal to the xiaomi mid range phone redmi note 4.. which isn't even as good as the note 3 pro

1 Like

Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 07, 2016
PhonePlanet:

infact that was the exact reason i dont like the phantom 6. and they now gave it dual camera i dont need and its 6 cores proccessor.

the bigger one (the plus) that has finger print scanner and 10 cores. is too big, ugly, and has lcd screen (while phantom 6 has AMOLED)

the both versions of the phone is not complete. so i can not buy the phone. and zero 4 is way too ugly.

Gbam. I don't know what makes Tecno think everyone would want that oversize 6 plus. They could have made the phantom 6 complete with 6 plus internals. I don't see myself using a 6 inch phone with no special features. Not that is has split screen , at least Galaxy note series have split screen and S pen to get the best out of the big screen, and that's even 5.7 inch.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by Johnsown1(m): 6:56am On Dec 07, 2016
That girl in the pix looks so take away and consumable, she would be a good asset for hanging out with
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by augster(m): 7:09am On Dec 07, 2016
TheSociopath:

Abeg Mali is for budget phones for people like us. Look at the flagship Samsung phones now, an average Nigerian can no longer afford one without sweating blood!
There are lots of Snapdragon devices with good GPU that are way better than the poo up there... And also affordable
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by augster(m): 7:11am On Dec 07, 2016
Ehimzy:

Oga that is a BIG LIE! Have you seen the details of the snapdragon 835? Wait sef have you seen the exynos 8895 or even the kirin 960 from Huawei Which innovation?? I'd rather have a power quadcore processor with a fantastic gpu from snapdragon than mtk's 10 core bullshit... please read or watch reviews of the mtk helio x20... it's direct competitor in snapdragon is the 652... a mid range processor... it gets a little above 84000 on antutu.. same as SD 652, SD 820 gets above 120,000... guy you sef reason am naw... MTK help's companies like tecno stay in the business of manufacturing smartphones... they want to become a world leading brand They should stop using mtk on all their phones... especially the flagships.... it's an insult when tecno flagship phantom 6+ is equal to the xiaomi mid range phone redmi note 4.. which isn't even as good as the note 3 pro
The guy no dey hear word, he's always saying helio x30 is the best and snapdragon 820 overheats... Don't argue with him, he's not a worthy opponent
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by spoilerx: 7:14am On Dec 07, 2016
TappGroupNG:
I was sent the phantom 6 phone to experience and I wanted to know what the hype around the phone was for. I can tell you that I was blown away and even began 'preaching' about the phone to friends and family. I will highlight a list of the things I have experienced:

1). TYPE C CHARGER: I wish this charger came with all phones because I was so impressed with this charger; first of all it is multi-dimensional (has detachable two and three-ports so you phone can fit in any socket). This charger also charges very fast. This will bring me to my second experience with the phone

2). BATTERY: The battery lasts! I did not have steady power the week I got the phone so when power came on I was able to charge the phone for 30 minutes. You would not believe that the battery lasted steady for five days! I was wondering what kind of jazz they used on the phone to make it that way.

3). CAMERA: This phone's camera quality is the best I've ever seen( I am not lying). The camera was so sharp. I will post pictures I took with the phone at the end of this post. I tried taking pictures from miles away and even from a close angle and the camera captured it accurately.

4). APPS: When I heard that they packed 10 processors on this phone I was wondering how they could do it. But then I used the phone and I really understood why it was so powerful!You can leave so many apps running on the device and it's work perfectly. The phone has a very
wide range of apps that can be downloaded from the play store especially video-related apps and it'll work without hassles.

5). SLIM DESIGN: I got the gold-colored phone and it was so slim. When I first got it I was skeptical at whether it will perform all the things I heard that the phone could do but I can tell you it did that and so much more. All you have been hearing about the tecno phantom 6 is not a lie at all. The phone is slim and packs 10 processors; and has everything you need in a phone and much more.

6). SOFTWARE UPDATE FUNCTION: A lot of people used to complain that tecno phones do not give the function of updating their IOS to something higher so they want to root but this time the tecno engineers took note of that and made that option available.

All I can say is that I was impressed so far with the phone; all my family members and friends that saw me with the phone want to buy it because they've seen the quality. Well done tecno for this amazing device.

not even one disadvantage
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 07, 2016
To me a Tecno will remain a TECNO no matter how dey Polish it.

1 Like

Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by Spidermon: 7:49am On Dec 07, 2016
Tecno and their paid posters are all liars.

I bought a Tecno W4 and despite knowing their antics, i bought it because i was tight and my LG phone broke at a bad time.

The phone hangs, sometimes wont detect memory card and heats up so bad that if i sneak up on a friend and place it on exposed skin, that person will scream.

If i cant save up to buy an iphone even if it is used, i will never buy a tecno or any yama yama phone again.

I am sure this phantom is also a phone well suited for the refuse dump.
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by queenfav(f): 8:02am On Dec 07, 2016
Wetin we expect you to talk?Sorry, but nothing said here has impressed me..Oh and about the battery,that's a bloody lie!Post the battery stats here let's all see.Even my cubetalk tab of 10000mah never lasted 5 days on a full charge.Gionee M5 with 6000mah battery doesn't last for 5 days.Please don't mislead people because you want to promote the phone.#nobeef

According to techsmart dot ng review------

"The Tecno Phantom has a non-detachable battery design with 2700 mAh battery. The battery should take you through at least 7 hours of heavy usage. The battery capacity found on Phantom 6 is a bit disappointing as it is a downgrade to Tecno Phantom 5 battery or even compared to Phantom 6 plus which has about 4050mAh".

Techcityng dot com review excerpts on the camera and battery---
"Although I hate to burst TECNO’s bubble because I just think they put the camera on the Camon C9 and dumped it on the Phantom 6. There really seem to be no difference at all, its pegged at 13MP and there is still no camera settings for you to make adjustments such as light, image size and other simple settings obtainable on camera phones. The interface just looks basic and you are only restricted to the default regulars like HDR, guidelines, gesture shots.
Camera performance under sunlight/Daylight is okay but low light performance is just a no-no, I expected more."

On poor battery life-
"Battery is capacity is not impressive
Maybe this is the gloomy feature on the device, I questioned the 2,700mAh capacity of the battery after checking through the specs sheet of the device. Maybe I should refresh your memory by telling you that the Phantom 5 had 3,000mAh battery capacity.
Screen is an Amoled display which obviously drains battery as long as you have more screen-on time but somehow users can manage the power by using dark coloured wallpapers and themes to reduce excessive power usage by the screen.
Heavy users should get themselves a power bank, you are only sure of an average 6 hours or less if you indulge in continuous chat, calls, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, videos and those social stuff."

Should i go on?..I don't think so..
N.B I am not against tecno,but your bogus claims really annoyed me..
The only way you could be tellinh the truth is if the phantom 6 you reviewed was specially customized for you with a 10,000mah battery.
My honest advice to anyone considering buying this phone is to Google more reviews by tech blogs and read up extensively to get honest reviews.

2 Likes

Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by usaint: 8:12am On Dec 07, 2016
pcguru1:

it's not bad i have a Samsung Note 4 and Infinix Hot 4 and Mali GPU in PSP emulation isn't bad then again PSP emulation isn't bad but i agree it doesn't come close to Adreno GPU or SnapDragon CPU but i read a review that the T860 MP2 is mostly for low demanding games.
bro I bought an Infinix hot 3 LTE I was thinking it would be OK for gaming, pls just give the phone a glimpse on the specs its got and tell me if there's any thing missing which is causing it to perform this poor. I'm so confused I don't know if Infinix were just messing around with our hopes
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by texazzpete(m): 8:13am On Dec 07, 2016
TappGroupNG:
I was sent the phantom 6 phone to experience and I wanted to know what the hype around the phone was for. I can tell you that I was blown away and even began 'preaching' about the phone to friends and family. I will highlight a list of the things I have experienced:

1). TYPE C CHARGER: I wish this charger came with all phones because I was so impressed with this charger; first of all it is multi-dimensional (has detachable two and three-ports so you phone can fit in any socket). This charger also charges very fast. This will bring me to my second experience with the phone

2). BATTERY: The battery lasts! I did not have steady power the week I got the phone so when power came on I was able to charge the phone for 30 minutes. You would not believe that the battery lasted steady for five days! I was wondering what kind of jazz they used on the phone to make it that way.

3). CAMERA: This phone's camera quality is the best I've ever seen( I am not lying). The camera was so sharp. I will post pictures I took with the phone at the end of this post. I tried taking pictures from miles away and even from a close angle and the camera captured it accurately.

4). APPS: When I heard that they packed 10 processors on this phone I was wondering how they could do it. But then I used the phone and I really understood why it was so powerful!You can leave so many apps running on the device and it's work perfectly. The phone has a very
wide range of apps that can be downloaded from the play store especially video-related apps and it'll work without hassles.

5). SLIM DESIGN: I got the gold-colored phone and it was so slim. When I first got it I was skeptical at whether it will perform all the things I heard that the phone could do but I can tell you it did that and so much more. All you have been hearing about the tecno phantom 6 is not a lie at all. The phone is slim and packs 10 processors; and has everything you need in a phone and much more.

6). SOFTWARE UPDATE FUNCTION: A lot of people used to complain that tecno phones do not give the function of updating their IOS to something higher so they want to root but this time the tecno engineers took note of that and made that option available.

All I can say is that I was impressed so far with the phone; all my family members and friends that saw me with the phone want to buy it because they've seen the quality. Well done tecno for this amazing device.

All these paid marketers Tecno keeps churning out to 'review' their phones...is this how they plan to dominate the region?

Even more disgusting are the obvious, childish lies...including using the phone for 5 days on a single charge.

I only wish Tecno paid people who know the first thing about gadgets. Why will anyone take the word of someone who mistakes Android for iOS and thinks there are 10 processors in the phone?
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by foonshur(m): 8:32am On Dec 07, 2016
chai... 30mins charge and 5days continuous usage.... I am not understanding!
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 07, 2016
I got a hard on reading all the tech comments on this thread!! I am such a nerd
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 07, 2016
By the way...THIS IS A SPONSORED THREAD BY A PAID TECNO MARKETER KINDKY SKIO THE TOPIC AND GO STRAIGHT TO THW TWCHY COMMENTS THEY ARE SO WORTH IT...TECNO IS AND REMAINS GARBAGE LIKE INFINIX AND ITEL
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by foonshur(m): 8:41am On Dec 07, 2016
TappGroupNG:

I basically stated my opinion and the results I got and you have the effrontery to tell me I'm lying. I charged the phantom phone and it lasted for me that long. I did not use it for social media. You can simply state your point without telling others that they are lying about their experience. Its rude, uncouth and says a lot about your upbringing.
plain and simple.... You are lying!
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by grownaira: 8:49am On Dec 07, 2016
ok. cool
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by Orator2383: 9:04am On Dec 07, 2016
greenhulk:

Lol, why take it personal? Paid Infinix marketer u say? Pls don't make me laugh. And by the way Infinix and tecno are under the same company, its just like a Lexus owner dissing a Toyota owner... Abeg what's the difference apart from the extra luxury?

Oh before I forget, there's no way 30 mins charge on the phantom 6 (or any other phone on the planet) will give u 5 days usage... NEVER. ( unless of course u keep the phone in ur drawer for the whole 5 days).
You are on point. watch the review here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC2Tj5EnyEw
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by penfold(m): 9:08am On Dec 07, 2016
TappGroupNG:

The iris and fingerprint scanner comes with the phantom 6plus. The one I had is the phantom 6

The Phantom 6 has these features too
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 07, 2016
penfold:

The Phantom 6 has these features too

Phantom 6 doesn't have a fingerprint scanner.
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 07, 2016
TappGroupNG:

Yes oh, if you need anything call 08023236526 cheesy

OYO tongue
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by Imprevisto(m): 11:50am On Dec 07, 2016
TappGroupNG:

The iris and fingerprint scanner comes with the phantom 6plus. The one I had is the phantom 6
what about the front camera quality?
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by EzeeYFB(m): 12:22pm On Dec 07, 2016
Phantom ko, undertaker ni
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by excanny: 12:25pm On Dec 07, 2016
Ehimzy:

you haven't seen the specs of the helio x30. if so you wouldn't be saying all this,

interesting thing is that rumour has it that TECNO flagship of 2017 might just be spoting the worlds best chipset helio X 30
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by HyDef(m): 12:47pm On Dec 07, 2016
greenhulk:

Now who's gonna take u serious when u continue to lie this way. haba easy na. 30 minutes charge and last u 5 days lol. Well maybe u just kept the phone in ur bag without using it at all.. then its possible. But when u have ur accounts synced, with whatsapp, fb, g mail, pople calling, browing the web... abeg that thing will need charging by 7pm. Even Tecno L7 plus which is the most rugged tecno phone when it comes to battery won't lat 5 days. Hell even Gionee m5 which is about the most rugged phone when it comes to battery won't last 5 days and u are telling me phantom 6 with 2,700mah lasted u 5 days. Ok continue.

I mean, for real. I'm on the M5, and at its very best, I can push it to a charge every other day.

To say you charged a phone for 30 minutes and it lasted 5 days is probably only possible if you kept it idle for 4 of those 5 days... It's not like this phone is on VOOC or Dash charging tech... You probably got like 40% on 30 minutes. That's optimistic too.

But hey, no problem..
Re: My Tecno Phantom 6 Review by Ehimzy(m): 1:13pm On Dec 07, 2016
excanny:

you haven't seen the specs of the helio x30. if so you wouldn't be saying all this,

interesting thing is that rumour has it that TECNO flagship of 2017 might just be spoting the worlds best chipset helio X 30

That's a lie...... lemme ask you.. when was the x30 announced.. what gpu series comes with the x30... is the x30 the only member of the x series to be released this year... What is the chip configuration.... X30 is bether than A10 Fusion Oga not only are you lying.... you obviously don't know anything about mobile tech...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Would You Buy This Headphone For N134k? / Carlcare Service Centre / #200,000 - #250,000 Which Phone Should I Go For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.